Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

The teleport costs must be a nightmare for non patrons.

gently caress that, even without patron I'm getting more than enough friendship tokens to upgrade sprint a bunch. If some quest requires a LOT of running, I might put on a podcast.

Also each trip inevitably results in me doing a daily challenge or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
If you do shambala and vendor unmatched weapons you will have more than enough shards to teleport as a non-patron.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Anima shards won't seem so plentiful when it's 600+ shards an upgrade and a matching one gets you 1/10th of an item level. Distillates help a tad, but you'll still be starved for shards, especially if you're leveling multiple sets of gear.

P.S. Don't waste your shards on the museum (or teleports as a non-patron).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Don't waste your time on the museum period.

Well unless you really want to, I guess. Your fun after all.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The museum costs are outrageous.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Tallgeese posted:

The museum costs are outrageous.

With how the cost is, it's more feasable treat the Museum stuff as endgame content when you've upgraded your gear and all enough and have the shards to throw around, but the damage bonuses the exhibits give would be more useful for lower levels. At least exhibits now don't also cost AP/SP like they did in classic.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I've not seen the costs for the museum but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just the same as the pax costs in TSW. I'm pretty sure the anima leap costs are the same despite getting way less shards than you did pax.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The museum was always an end game cash sink. Not sure why anyone would bother with it early

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Len posted:

The museum was always an end game cash sink. Not sure why anyone would bother with it early

I finished Gravity legit. I drat well will mount a Boogeyman to commemorate.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

I've not seen the costs for the museum but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just the same as the pax costs in TSW. I'm pretty sure the anima leap costs are the same despite getting way less shards than you did pax.

Comparing the costs between the two, they dropped the AP/SP cost, everything's approximate from pax to shards, and the upgrading's the same with needing a certain pedestal first with some needing the additional trinket like the Rusted Fireaxe. I do have to admit the drop rate on the museum trinkets feels different. I only managed one Rusted Fireaxe in TSW in all my time playing and I've had like 6 drop for me so far in SWL. Granted they don't seem to sell for much in SWL so I've been chucking my extras in the Cabal Bank.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Patch notes are up

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

Mainly focused on the auction house

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
"Removed the limit on how many items can be sold on the Auction per day."

Woop woooop.

"The listing fee and commission for Auction Sales has been adjusted to 10% for non-patrons. The listing fee and commission for Patrons has not changed."

Bwoooo...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
"Death Squad vampires are no longer self-proclaimed Block Rating Experts."

Ah so that's what was happening. Well I'm still keeping my 3 accuracy glyphs attached because you never know with Tokyo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Exmond posted:

Patch notes are up

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-3-patch-notes/

Mainly focused on the auction house

"Manifestation of Amir should now properly follow the summoner during Way of Things."

That would have been really helpful a couple of days ago. :argh:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Elite 2-5 now has ilvl increase by 75, starting at 175 for E2.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Richard M Nixon posted:

Elite 2-5 now has ilvl increase by 75, starting at 175 for E2.

Dumb question: how do you find out your ilvl?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

prefect posted:

Dumb question: how do you find out your ilvl?

It's in your character sheet, first thing on the left.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Is there a general rewards breakdown for different tiers of dungeon?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Richard M Nixon posted:

It's in your character sheet, first thing on the left.

I used to be good about paying attention to the things in these games, honest. :saddowns:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Capntastic posted:

Is there a general rewards breakdown for different tiers of dungeon?

Tier 1-4: Exact same stuff

Ties 5+: ???

E: Tier 1-4 chests will always give distillate + item. The distillates have at least 500xp each.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Is there really no incentive to add stress to your game experience??

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Capntastic posted:

Other than the reward of feeling challenged, no.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

What's the name of the music track that plays while waiting for a Shambala match to begin?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Tier 1-4: Exact same stuff

Ties 5+: ???

E: Tier 1-4 chests will always give distillate + item. The distillates have at least 500xp each.

No they said different tiers would have different rewards. Probably better distillates to be honest

Also for difficulty:

Tier 1 - 4 == normal elites
Tier 5+ == nightmare

Also sad to hear they didn't modify the eunchs in that stupid hell dungeon. That boss can end a lot of runs.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Welp, they removed the old locbkoxes and added new ones. The old cosmetics are selling for hundreds of thousands of MOF now. Thanks for the warning Funcom, you asshats.

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 26, 2017

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Capntastic posted:

The rates that good stuff drops is higher, but it's the same item set, I believe.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Welp, they removed the old locbkoxes and added new ones. The old cosmetics are selling for hundreds of thousands of MOF now. Thanks for the warning Funcom, you asshats.

Why would they warn you? Do other games give warning when they do things like that?

There's legitimate things to complain about but changing the mystery boxes up is not one of them.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Len posted:

Why would they warn you? Do other games give warning when they do things like that?

There's legitimate things to complain about but changing the mystery boxes up is not one of them.

Warframe does. :colbert:

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

Sure, most places will either hype the new boxes in advance, have a published schedule, or at least post the patch summary in advance.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Communication is not Funcoms thing. It has never been Funcoms thing. Why are we surprised they're bad at communication? Personally I still have 250 of the Agartha ones in my bank so it doesn't change anything for me

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Len posted:

Communication is not Funcoms thing. It has never been Funcoms thing. Why are we surprised they're bad at communication? Personally I still have 250 of the Agartha ones in my bank so it doesn't change anything for me

I'm irritated that I was waiting to pick up the cosmetic poo poo as it kept dropping in price and the change in AH listings + new boxes means what was 20k and plentiful yesterday is now 500k+ and super rare today.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Richard M Nixon posted:

I'm irritated that I was waiting to pick up the cosmetic poo poo as it kept dropping in price and the change in AH listings + new boxes means what was 20k and plentiful yesterday is now 500k+ and super rare today.

And that's on you not Funcom.

Dear God you got me defending Funcom you monster.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I vaguely remember somewhere around the end of beta that something was said about them doing a golden golem event to celebrate the SWL launch, did I miss that or has it not happened yet?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Len posted:

SWTOR updates magic fun boxes on a regular schedule, and I think they also advertise what's going to be in the new boxes.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

So I just got to 50. How do i go about getting a purple Blood magic book? Tediously grind up another blue book and then squish 'em together? Also, where do you get Signets?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

So I just got to 50. How do i go about getting a purple Blood magic book? Tediously grind up another blue book and then squish 'em together? Also, where do you get Signets?

Yep. You gotta feed things to books to smash them until only the hungriest survives. Or pay real people money.

It takes 4 max greens and 2 max blues

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Signets come from Lairs, which is endgame content. For now, they're pretty out of reach unless you grind yourself up to like 250 ilvl or you have tons of cash to burn.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Len posted:

Gonna have to disagree here. They should absolutely give warning, even if it's only 24-48 hours worth. At the least, the cycling should be tied to major patches and events, not a random pre-Steam patch. I know it's Funcom being Funcom, but let's not make excuses for them. They already have a legion of fanboys to do that.

Speaking of caches...

The Third Age currency you get from caches can be spent to purchase 2-pip purple weapons/talismans. I believe they all cost 300 a piece... seems like the best use of them unless you're really obsessed with cosmetics above all else.

Edit:
Glad I kept about 70 of the Agarthan caches. Kinda shocked Funcom didn't transform them all into the new one, intentionally or otherwise.

Amante fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 27, 2017

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
The ARG is about to end on 7/28: https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6pps9l/kiss_of_the_revenant_ending_july_28/

Find a guide and spend 30 seconds to get free loot. Or try to solve it yourself if you've got a couple of hours to kill before it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there a way to move marks/anima between characters on the same account?