Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Take a look at my current lineup (ESPN H2H Redraft).

C: Ramos
1B: Cabrera
2B: Cano
3B: Rendon
SS: Arcia (might drop for Didi Gregorious)
OF: Harper, Yelich, J. Upton, Marte
DH: Morales
BN: Inciarte, LeMahieu

SP: Bumgarner, Fulmer, Tanaka, Price, C. Martinez, Berrios, Nola, Salazar, Clevinger, Skaggs (DL)
RP: Osuna, E. Diaz, Giles

Are there any obvious drops here to pick up Devers or someone like Pham? I feel like I have a lot of OFs that I shouldn't drop but there are a lot of hot OFs on waivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I might drop Yelich for Pham since it's redraft. Yelich has been...I guess you can say disappointing for fantasy this season whereas Pham is killing it.

EDIT: Or Upton? Depends on your need, although Pham looks like he'll be able to fill out the HR column too.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 24, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I have never understood the Yelich appeal. Doesn't hit for much power and is ok for SB and avg. There's a million other OF's like him on waivers, I just don't get his ADP.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I have never understood the Yelich appeal. Doesn't hit for much power and is ok for SB and avg. There's a million other OF's like him on waivers, I just don't get his ADP.

I bought into the whole "He's 24 and keeps hitting better and has Stanton behind him" logic. This year he's been bad considering how high I drafted him :ughh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

.298/.376/.483 last year with 21 homers, looked like a breakout season. He's fallen off in power and doesn't have the SB he used too, and who knew that every OF and their mothers would all be hitting 20 HR this year?

I kept him for $8 this year and don't regret it, and honestly I may end up keeping him again for $10 because I don't know if I have the full 7 no-brainer candidates, but he's definitely been a disappointment for people hoping he was going to build on or at least repeat last year (which includes me.)

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I have Bautista and Yelich and I've wanted to drop one of them for like 2 months but can't decide which so I just keep both :/

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Anyone here play in an AL or NL only league on Yahoo?

I could swear that in the past if guys were traded to the other league at the deadline, you could continue to roster them and count their stats. But it's never actually happened to one of my players so I can't be 100% sure.

But now I own JD Martinez and just noticed that his stats from last night show up on my team page, but were excluded from the overnight update. Am I just screwed? Because fuuuuuuuuck that. :(

Why wouldn't he just disappear from the player list? Why would Yahoo let you keep rostering guys whose points won't count?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Rest of the year: Peacock or Quintana?

We count quality starts for what it's worth (W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, BSV).

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I benched Yelich today. 3/3 with a dinger and 2 doubles so far :bravo:

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Gobias Ind. posted:

Anyone here play in an AL or NL only league on Yahoo?

I could swear that in the past if guys were traded to the other league at the deadline, you could continue to roster them and count their stats. But it's never actually happened to one of my players so I can't be 100% sure.

But now I own JD Martinez and just noticed that his stats from last night show up on my team page, but were excluded from the overnight update. Am I just screwed? Because fuuuuuuuuck that. :(

Why wouldn't he just disappear from the player list? Why would Yahoo let you keep rostering guys whose points won't count?

I got a no-hitter in an NL only league a couple years back (Mike Fiers?) That i realized three days later didn't count because he'd been traded without my realizing it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Taillon melting down vs. the Giants :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

IMB posted:

I got a no-hitter in an NL only league a couple years back (Mike Fiers?) That i realized three days later didn't count because he'd been traded without my realizing it.

I was going to ask if it was Moore but he went TB to SF IIRC

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

lol wow, I started both guys that struck out 5 times today(Baez, Cruz).

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

kensei posted:

I was going to ask if it was Moore but he went TB to SF IIRC

Haha I just looked it up. It was Fiers. Complicating things was he'd been traded to the Astros, who in my ape brain, are still in the NL.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

All hail the Schoop.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sat him 😧

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Not including today he has like 3 HRs and 15 RBIs in the last week. Please tell who your started instead of him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Boosh! posted:

We count quality starts for what it's worth (W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, BSV).

I think Peacock has more upside with his gaudy strikeout numbers, but comes with a lot more risk. He doesn't have Quintana's track record of success in the MLB and could be moved to long relief even if he keeps pitching well. Plus he doesn't pitch deep into games, because he walks a lot of guys, and Houston has a stacked bullpen, whereas Quintana is a QS machine. So I guess I'll take Quintana even though I'm not as high on him as most people.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Thanks dude. Peacock never pitching deep def affects my QS.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

I dropped him back in May. :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm in 3rd in my 12-teamer H2H and I think I can make a run at this, although losing Stras and Kersh doesn't help.

The guy in dead last, 3-11-1, has both Lindor and Machado. My biggest need is SS, where I'm currently running DeJong or Baez. I'm just not sure if I can swing a trade that won't screw me or just get veto'd.

Anybody got any advice for navigating these rapids?

My roster:

His roster:

EDIT: Oh poo poo my brother is in 9th and has Segura, maybe time to work him over.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 27, 2017

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
You have too many catchers.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Felter Chesthard posted:

You have too many catchers.

I'm aware, but it's actually worked out pretty well so far.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I traded Judge for Machado.

I'm not sure you should do that, I'm just saying what I did.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

As someone who owns Brad Peacock in 3 leagues and Mike Fiers in one, I'd really like to know how the Astros rotation will shake out when Keuchel comes off the DL tomorrow.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

jabro posted:

Not including today he has like 3 HRs and 15 RBIs in the last week. Please tell who your started instead of him.

Dejong or Dozier i forget who. Liked their matchup better

Edit: it was Dejong who scored more. Get off my back baby 😎

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 27, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Boosh! posted:

I say Quintana, because...

The Pussy Boss posted:

As someone who owns Brad Peacock in 3 leagues and Mike Fiers in one, I'd really like to know how the Astros rotation will shake out when Keuchel comes off the DL tomorrow.

Quintana is 100% locked into his rotation spot barring injury. Houston's rotation is way more up in the air, especially if they're as heavily into trade talks as the rumors say.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yesterday probably sunk fiers

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Quintana now pitches for one of the better defenses in baseball. I think he's going to do a lot better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think I hate baseball

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Now Yelich is in the top 50 because of his last 3 games.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Schweinhund posted:

Fantasy baseball is stupid as gently caress

Legit though it's like nothing matters in this game until September.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This season makes no sense. It's bizarro.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I certainly hope that one bad Fiers start doesn't make him lose his job because he's been really good the last month, his k/9 is through the roof, and I just traded Dickerson, Healy, Hamilton, Godley and Verlander for him, Nelson, and Kershaw!!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
COL v. WAS just got PPD'ed so adjust your rosters before they lock.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

COL v. WAS just got PPD'ed so adjust your rosters before they lock.

Thank you for this.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Schweinhund posted:

He's at 78 in my league, with a pre-season rank of 52.

That's still pretty funny, though. I've got a talent for that.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

He's at 78 in my league, with a pre-season rank of 52.

That's still pretty funny, though. I've got a talent for that.

I thought DJ LeMahieu was going to be better than Daniel Murphy this year :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It would be great if the Braves could trade Johnson so that Arodys can take over as closer.

Also if Preller could overplay his hand and end up keeping Hand, that would also be great. Or if whoever gets him keeps him at closer...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Fantasy baseball is coming home from a long day of work and checking your roster only to see them go 0/31 with one RBI

• Locked thread