Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

So wait, did the Donald actually sign some executive order banning trans people from the military? Or did he just make some inflammatory tweets? Skipping a lot of posts. Which I'm sure Ed Balls would never do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Skinny repeal as discussed is literally the mandate penalties.

That's it.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zen death robot posted:

can I still be weirded out by Huck's lazy eye?

i would keep an eye on it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Epic High Five posted:

wait so they're gonna get discharged with MENTALLY UNFIT and be denied any of the benefits they signed up for?

welcome 2 america n00b :911:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

Skinny Repeal is the one that utterly annihilates the entire framework of private health insurance in this country overnight right?

Come on skinny repeal just last the year

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

please let us not put piss's pedestal so low as piss president's

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
my favorite conservative trapped tweet

https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/678636820037558272

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Yinlock posted:

trump wants full fascism but is too stupid to actually accomplish it, so the usa gets lovely half-fascism

trump himself has kneecapped all of his attempts to go full hitler

Counterproposal: The US president and the people who voted for him are collectively so stupid that, for the first time in history, a country will embrace fascism by accident.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Epic High Five posted:

wait so they're gonna get discharged with MENTALLY UNFIT and be denied any of the benefits they signed up for?

That was the way under DADT according to this tweet storm

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

People continue to operate under this horribly misguided idea that if you're an incompetent idiot that you can't advance a deeply autocratic and fascist agenda, but all historical examples of fascist dictatorships were populated by impulsive and incompetent idiots. You don't need to be smart, you just need to have power and the relentless need to wield it over marginalized people.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Same, but only metaphorically in my case.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Epic High Five posted:

tbh they'll be lucky to get that with the trump wh

wouldnt be too surprised to see court martials and poo poo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Perfectly Safe posted:

Counterproposal: The US president and the people who voted for him are collectively so stupid that, for the first time in history, a country will embrace fascism by accident.

i mean that's exactly what happened and it still didn't fully take

that's how bad trump is, at everything

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Schnorkles posted:

Skinny repeal as discussed is literally the mandate penalties.

That's it.

so either it's going to fail because it doesnt do enough, or its going to flounder along in the house for a few months until they send another cronenberg back to the senate

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Schnorkles posted:

the ultimate question is if they can get Paul to vote for something that leads to BCRA/AHCA. Idk.

I think Collins and Murkowski are gone regardless.

If Pence appears on the Senate floor, it is going to conference. There is no doubt that they are going to hit the smallest amount of yes votes available.

That would be the 5th tie breaking vote Pence has had to do in 6 months which is more than what many VPs do in 8 years.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Perfectly Safe posted:

lol did u vote for trump?

askin cuz u was stupid enough to make dis post

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the usa is chomping at the bit to fully embrace the fourth reich and trump just fucks it up every time

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Perfectly Safe posted:

i mean, hitler was really really unbelievably stupid

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

shiksa posted:

so either it's going to fail because it doesnt do enough, or its going to flounder along in the house for a few months until they send another cronenberg back to the senate

i'll keep saying this, the point of skinny repeal is not to pass and go into effect. It's to pass and then go to conference and craft the actual bill with the house and then try and jam both houses with it as quickly as possible

It's another punt.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Perfectly Safe posted:

I would disagree that it'd be the first time. In fact, I think it's every time.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

petit choux posted:

So wait, did the Donald actually sign some executive order banning trans people from the military? Or did he just make some inflammatory tweets? Skipping a lot of posts. Which I'm sure Ed Balls would never do.

Nothing official known but it's being taken as the clearest sign possible that such an order is coming any time now.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Republicans: "we've sold health care reform to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook!"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Yinlock posted:

the usa is chomping at the bit to fully embrace the fourth reich and trump just fucks it up every time

you mean yall cucknadians just want to feel morally superior to us again :smugdog:

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol did u vote for trump?

askin cuz u was stupid enough to make dis post

Alas, I am owned.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
well, about 15k trans people in their 20s who have been trained to kill have just been left destitute, and many of them will be homeless and armed, so that's cool

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i'll keep saying this, the point of skinny repeal is not to pass and go into effect. It's to pass and then go to conference and craft the actual bill with the house and then try and jam both houses with it as quickly as possible

It's another punt.

quit harshing death crew's buzz man

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Perfectly Safe posted:

Alas, I am owned.

ownership of the masses, by the masses

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Al! posted:

well, about 15k trans people in their 20s who have been trained to kill have just been left destitute, and many of them will be homeless and armed, so that's cool

You don't get to keep weapons when you leave the military though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

i mean that's exactly what happened and it still didn't fully take

that's how bad trump is, at everything

you know it took like a decade for hitler to turn the weimar republic into nazi germany, figuratively speaking?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

It's another punt.

so literally what they've been trying and failing to do for the past six months

do you think it would result in something getting to trump's desk?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Salt Fish posted:

i dont know any servicemembers who dont also own their own guns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

you know it took like a decade for hitler to turn the weimar republic into nazi germany, figuratively speaking?

it's already been 200 years in trump time

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Yinlock posted:

quit harshing death crew's buzz man

whoa buzz aldrin joined def krewe?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So Trump basically just called Flynn up after watching Tucker last night and decided on this then, right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Al! posted:

lol that groom

that guy just looks wrong, whos he

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Al! posted:

They're easily going to be the most powerful gang in the wasteland

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Salt Fish posted:

the most difficult thing to buy in america: a gun

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

so is Section 8 MENTALLY UNFIT like a dishonorable discharge in the sense that it's as bad as a felony on your record, aka Trump just destroyed the lives and futures of 15k people for the crime of serving our country?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Al! posted:

i dont know any servicemembers who dont also own their own guns

Trump will add a line to form 4473 asking if you are, or have ever been, transexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

yeah and it's super difficult to get a gun in the us

• Locked thread