Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

didn't trump just ban transgender people from serving in the military

He's countering that by showing himself holding a rainbow flag and saying that LGBT community is with him. He's also said that he will protect the LGBT community, especially from the Muslims™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Look, it's the same with Liberals.

They'll defend gays, women abroad —just look at any of the Obama/Hillary rhetoric regarding the ME and Russia— but they won't do much about women and gays at home.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Hillary Clinton’s upcoming book will double down on Russia’s interference and James Comey’s involvement in her stunning election defeat, according to sources familiar with the memoir.

Privately, Clinton has told friends and longtime associates that she “wants the whole story out there” as she rushes to tweak and put the finishing touches on the book due out in September.

“She really believes that’s why she lost, and she wants to explain why in no uncertain terms,” one longtime ally said.

“She wants the whole story out there from her own perspective. I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by how much she reveals.”

The ally said the book of personal essays will be a “bombshell.”

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zegermans posted:

Thats true, but that was pre-cold war and the idea of the government intervening hadn't been poisoned by people like Reagan and 80 years of cold war propaganda in people's minds. That might be Bad History on my part though.

There had already been one full-blown red scare by that point and despite the depression a huge proportion of the population were still terrified of Bolshevism, so it's not as different as you might think.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

Willa Rogers posted:

Hillary Clinton’s upcoming book will double down on Russia’s interference and James Comey’s involvement in her stunning election defeat, according to sources familiar with the memoir.

Privately, Clinton has told friends and longtime associates that she “wants the whole story out there” as she rushes to tweak and put the finishing touches on the book due out in September.

“She really believes that’s why she lost, and she wants to explain why in no uncertain terms,” one longtime ally said.

“She wants the whole story out there from her own perspective. I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by how much she reveals.”

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

can't wait to hear how sexist I am for not liking this

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willa Rogers posted:

i don't think i like hillary clinton very much

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

oh boy i can't wait to not read a book from hillary loving clinton

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

We've already gotten a sneak-peek through her recent, godawful speeches.

There's going to be a lot of shifting of blame. We're definitely gonna see some jabs at Bernie. (After all Trump and Bernie were angry, but Hillary won in the end lol)

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

zegermans posted:

Thats true, but that was pre-cold war and the idea of the government intervening hadn't been poisoned by people like Reagan and 80 years of cold war propaganda in people's minds. That might be Bad History on my part though.

Archconservative reactionaries didn't look at the lurch toward social democracy under FDR and say, "Welp, that's it, we're a left-wing country forever." Now the only parts of the welfare state they haven't effectively dismantled are the ones that were truly universal.

Contra all the very smart people trying to meticulously engineer the most finely tuned system of tax credits and means tests, direct and universal government programs are the best both as policy and as politics.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Willa Rogers posted:

on one hand I want to buy this to quote mine and on the other even I don't hate myself that much

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

rolling stone is for liberal boomer guitardads

everyone's gettin old

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

UHD posted:

oh boy i can't wait to not read a book from hillary loving clinton

Given her publication history, this'll be the one in which she inadvertently admits that not only did she own utilize prison slaves in the 90s, she also was unhappy that she was not allowed to physically punish them from time to time or something

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Willa Rogers posted:

:barf:

"i just want everyone to know it was their fault and not mine :smuggo:"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Willa Rogers posted:

I really hope it's as unashamed and ridiculous as it sounds

Nothing could be sweeter.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Given her publication history, this'll be the one in which she inadvertently admits that not only did she own utilize prison slaves in the 90s, she also was unhappy that she was not allowed to physically punish them from time to time or something

What makes you think she wouldn't be allowed to

Frijolero posted:

Look, it's the same with Liberals.

They'll defend gays, women abroad —just look at any of the Obama/Hillary rhetoric regarding the ME and Russia— but they won't do much about women and gays at home.

And then send in the Marines to defend them.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

that's great but i don't really give a poo poo about hillary clinton it's already common knowledge she is a terrible person

I'd rather read about cool and good people

or at least cool

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Inescapable Duck posted:

What makes you think she wouldn't be allowed to

I'm just saying she's never copped to it before, that I know of.

UHD posted:

that's great but i don't really give a poo poo about hillary clinton it's already common knowledge she is a terrible person

or at least cool

I wasn't trying to encourage anyone to read it, to be clear.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

ahh, love to regale suck zone with another book report

september gonna sux for having to fight back all the shills until they retreat into their holes

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://mobile.twitter.com/peplamb/status/890193983040651264

Man Trump reply threads are a trip

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

UHD posted:

Right wing propanga brainwashing children since the 90's! You know better than to buy into the Red(republican) hatemongering you sexist pig! It was the Reds(Russia) fault for rigging the election for Trump and the Reds(republicans) *blood starts pouring out of eyes, coating everything in Red

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

or at least cool

Dr. Jill Stein hasn't written any books, sorry!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

zegermans posted:

it's incredibly bad history. US anti-Russia and anti-communist hysteria started in 1918, not 1945. house committees were happily investigating "Un-American Activities" (communism) in 1932. turns out voters didn't actually give a poo poo about communism when they didn't feel like capitalism was working to their benefit

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Democrats choosing Blue for the color they represent was a huge mistake. People love/hate Red and Blue is more passive/muted like water

Both parties shouldn't have picked a color to stay with, and not allow the other to stay with one either.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ThndrShk2k posted:

Democrats choosing Blue for the color they represent was a huge mistake. People love/hate Red and Blue is more passive/muted like water

Both parties shouldn't have picked a color to stay with, and not allow the other to stay with one either.

it happened literally because most of the major networks picked those colors arbitrarily in 2000 and then in the uncertain aftermath the country spent a month and a half talking about the count of red states and blue states

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

ThndrShk2k posted:

They didn't

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Dr. Jill Stein hasn't written any books, sorry!

I guess insane weirdos would work too

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Dems used to be red in the cold war cause COMMUNISM. It only recently switched.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
They kinda chose to run with it with all their loving marketing.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zegermans posted:

Dems used to be red in the cold war cause COMMUNISM. It only recently switched.

Given what the Dems have become, I wouldn't be surprised if the switch happened for the same reason. :v:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

dems should be white for surrender

repubs should be black for coal, also their hearts

dsa should be pink for reasons

greens should be yellow because they don't conform to your expectations maaaaaaaaan

libertarians should be brown because they are poo poo

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace--business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering.

They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me--and I welcome their hatred.

I should like to have it said of my first Administration that in it the forces of selfishness and of lust for power met their match. I should like to have it said of my second Administration that in it these forces met their master.

The American people know from a four-year record that today there is only one entrance to the White House--by the front door. Since March 4, 1933, there has been only one pass-key to the White House. I have carried that key in my pocket. It is there tonight. So long as I am President, it will remain in my pocket.

Those who used to have pass-keys are not happy. Some of them are desperate. Only desperate men with their backs to the wall would descend so far below the level of decent citizenship as to foster the current pay-envelope campaign against America's working people. Only reckless men, heedless of consequences, would risk the disruption of the hope for a new peace between worker and employer by returning to the tactics of the labor spy.

Here is an amazing paradox! The very employers and politicians and publishers who talk most loudly of class antagonism and the destruction of the American system now undermine that system by this attempt to coerce the votes of the wage earners of this country. It is the 1936 version of the old threat to close down the factory or the office if a particular candidate does not win. It is an old strategy of tyrants to delude their victims into fighting their battles for them.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

UHD posted:

dems should be white for surrender

repubs should be black for coal, also their hearts

dsa should be pink for reasons

greens should be yellow because they don't conform to your expectations maaaaaaaaan

libertarians should be brown because they are poo poo

libertarians are black and yellow cause their ideology is some really nasty verbal diarrhea

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Have you all heard the news:
Heaven Finally Found
Ok, it’s six trillion light years away
But we’re all gonna get there someday
Yes, we’re all gonna get there one day
We all gonna get, we all gonna get, we…
But—but not you
You stay and explain
The suffering and the pain you caused
The thrill you feel when evil dreams come true

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Condiv posted:

libertarians are black and yellow cause their ideology is some really nasty verbal diarrhea

yeah but then you'd have to stripe it on maps and it'd resemble wasps which are vicious little fuckers that yknow what that works too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

everyone's gettin old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifwc5xgI3QM

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

Lol we are doomed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Willa Rogers posted:

Hillary Clinton’s upcoming book

Hillary loving Clinton hosed her entire nation, and by golly, she's gonna make a healthy profit out of it like the energy vampire she is

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Motherfucker, ugly word
Ubiquitous and often heard
As a substitute for someone’s Christian name
And I think, yeah
The word is ugly, all the same
Ugly got a case to make

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

(I'm not saying I'm going to communicate exclusively through Paul Simon lyrics in the Suck Zone from now on.

But I'm also not saying I'm not.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

ironic

• Locked thread