Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

monopolies are a big deal because market dominance is the mechanism by which private money exerts control over society. monopoly is also the asymptote of capitalism because the logic of capital prescribes money and power concentrating in fewer and fewer hands. you can't get rid of monopolies for good without getting rid of capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug

Willa Rogers posted:

Hillary Clinton’s upcoming book will double down on Russia’s interference and James Comey’s involvement in her stunning election defeat, according to sources familiar with the memoir.

Privately, Clinton has told friends and longtime associates that she “wants the whole story out there” as she rushes to tweak and put the finishing touches on the book due out in September.

“She really believes that’s why she lost, and she wants to explain why in no uncertain terms,” one longtime ally said.

“She wants the whole story out there from her own perspective. I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by how much she reveals.”

The ally said the book of personal essays will be a “bombshell.”

Good to see you again Willa. You were right like 10 years ago when you were trying to wake people up to the Democrat's incompetence, and you're still right today

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Leftists boarding rockets to found space communism has a better chance of success than the US does at ever not being a right wing shithole of a country at this point.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Condiv posted:

libertarians are black and yellow cause their ideology is some really nasty verbal diarrhea

also black touches yellow kills a fellow

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Hillary loving Clinton hosed her entire nation, and by golly, she's gonna make a healthy profit out of it like the energy vampire she is

i don't usually believe in book-burning but

burn, motherfucker

burn

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i actually like the foo fighters too lol

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Miruvor posted:

Good to see you again Willa. You were right like 10 years ago when you were trying to wake people up to the Democrat's incompetence, and you're still right today

Would like to repeat this sentiment. Willa was way ahead of the curve.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zegermans posted:

also black touches yellow kills a fellow

wow a good zegermans post. i didnt think they made these.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Office Pig posted:

burn, motherfucker

burn

Or, you know, you could just not buy it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Office Pig posted:

burn, motherfucker

burn

eh, burning hillary's book just means she got your $$$$ and no-one wants that. steal hillary's book and burn it

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I went to amazon to see if it had anything on the new book and lol @ the search results:

they do list the new book with this blurb:

Untitled Memoir Hardcover – September 12, 2017
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (Author)

For the first time, Hillary Clinton reveals what she was thinking during one of the most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections in history. In an intimate voice now free from the constraints of politics, Hillary tells the story of what it was like to be the first woman nominated for president in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, kooky theatrics, Russian interference, a maddening inattention to serious issues, deplorable (yes, deplorable) bigotry, and an opponent who broke all the rules.

In these pages, Hillary describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and what the experience has taught her about life. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet—the rituals, the relationships, and occasional yelling at the television.

She also addresses the challenges of being a strong woman in public life, the criticism over her voice, age, and body, and how all women in politics confront a double standard whenever they express anger or ambition. Drawing upon the inspirational quotations she has collected for decades, she shows us how she became strong in the first place, how to find your core truths, and how to keep going in the face of adversity. In that sense, her book is a guide not just for how to persist in politics but also how to win in the real contest of life.

Hillary Clinton lost an election but she remains unbroken and undefeated. This memoir is for the millions of Americans who want to understand what really happened in 2016, how to make sense of it, and how we all can keep going.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

docbeard posted:

(I'm not saying I'm going to communicate exclusively through Paul Simon lyrics in the Suck Zone from now on.

But I'm also not saying I'm not.)

The Troll:
Asking only for acknowledgement, I come lookin' for a thread
But I get no loving
Just a gently caress-off from the cucks in the CSPAM sub-forum
I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome
I joined the Suck Zone there

Li la li la la lie

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Willa Rogers posted:

I went to amazon to see if it had anything on the new book and lol @ the search results:

they do list the new book with this blurb:

Untitled Memoir Hardcover – September 12, 2017
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (Author)

For the first time, Hillary Clinton reveals what she was thinking during one of the most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections in history. In an intimate voice now free from the constraints of politics, Hillary tells the story of what it was like to be the first woman nominated for president in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, kooky theatrics, Russian interference, a maddening inattention to serious issues, deplorable (yes, deplorable) bigotry, and an opponent who broke all the rules.

In these pages, Hillary describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and what the experience has taught her about life. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet—the rituals, the relationships, and occasional yelling at the television.

She also addresses the challenges of being a strong woman in public life, the criticism over her voice, age, and body, and how all women in politics confront a double standard whenever they express anger or ambition. Drawing upon the inspirational quotations she has collected for decades, she shows us how she became strong in the first place, how to find your core truths, and how to keep going in the face of adversity. In that sense, her book is a guide not just for how to persist in politics but also how to win in the real contest of life.

Hillary Clinton lost an election but she remains unbroken and undefeated. This memoir is for the millions of Americans who want to understand what really happened in 2016, how to make sense of it, and how we all can keep going.

lol she's running again

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I hope she has a moment like Nixon in '64 where she shows up at a DNC event to be asked to save the party and everyone in the room just stares at her blankly

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zoran posted:

The most popular president the US ever had outside of Washington was also easily its most left-wing

and also was a capitalist

sounds like capitalism is really popular maybe the democrats should try that

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I hope she has a moment like Nixon in '64 where she shows up at a DNC event to be asked to save the party and everyone in the room just stares at her blankly

Unlike Nixon, she has a dedicated, entrenched power base within the party.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:qq: mY oPpOnEnT bRoKe AlL tHe rUlEs! :qq:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol she's running again

signs point to probably

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

drat it I'm going to eat a three day prob because of these fucks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
fyi i think if you have to grift as an ex-politician, book sales is the way to go because like 80% of the time people buy those things and toss them in the garbage and the politician still stands to make a cool few million

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

and also was a capitalist

sounds like capitalism is really popular maybe the democrats should try that

this bernie sanders guy is pretty popular too

looks like capitalism has a bright future

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"She also addresses the challenges of being a strong woman in public life, the criticism over her voice, age, and body, and how all women in politics confront a double standard whenever they express anger or ambition."

:suicide:

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol she's running again

At what point in history has it ever mattered if hatred was rational or irrational? Clinton is effectively a poison to whatever side she joins. The best thing she could do is become a republican.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

There is no way she would get past super Tuesday (ironically)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

We have reached a point where it's not immediately clear which 2016 presidential candidate was a bigger whiner

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Reverend Dr posted:

The best thing she could do is become a republican.

...again.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I really hope we won't have Clinton to kick around anymore

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even though I'm probably going to get owned for saying this: the 2020 primary is going to be an absolute clown car with everyone from centrists like booker to berniecrats like.....bernie running and this thread is going to be generating takes that could melt cobalt

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Venom Snake posted:

Even though I'm probably going to get owned for saying this: the 2020 primary is going to be an absolute clown car with everyone from centrists like booker to berniecrats like.....bernie running and this thread is going to be generating takes that could melt cobalt

eh

you're probably not wrong

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
every time I see Clinton in the news my Bern! grows hotter

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Wouldn't it be hilarious if she ran again and lost to Trump a second time.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I thought tungsten was the element with the stupid high melting point

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

thats pretty much dead on its gonna own hard

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I thought tungsten was the element with the stupid high melting point

it is yeah

~1500 C is still real fuckin hot tho

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

We have reached a point where it's not immediately clear which 2016 presidential candidate was a bigger whiner
At least we know who was a bigly winner

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

hillary's campaign slogan in 2020 can be "third time's the charm!"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Venom Snake posted:

lol what if we actually get a contested convention

its gonna be a blood bath

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Venom Snake posted:

how hot can the hot takes get

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

I'm all fer it

My theory is and always has been that the less the field has been cleared, the more people on the stage, the more fragmented establishment support is, the more likely that someone people actually like will become the nominee

but every time I repeat this I'm reminded of the fact that the 2004 primary was a huge mess and we still somehow ended up with John Kerry at the end of it

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

If she does, and the central message of her campaign is "last time didn't count because Russia", I will feel extremely guilty about wanting her to lose again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

If she got the nomination a second time there will be a third party candidate who gets at least 15% so they can get into the GE debates and gently caress the entire process up for both of them.

It'd be too much of an egregious sign to the general public for such a reaction to the scenario to not happen

• Locked thread