Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/ENbXu0I.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I loved that scene. Turns out all you really need is a friend to stop you from being pulled into the dirty bearded men dimension.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

if only chester desmond had a friend :(

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

if only chester desmond had a friend :(

He had one, Kiefer Sutherland. But iirc, he had gone away to make an autopsy or something

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm still convinced that agent Sam Stanley is just Butters from South Park as a grown up. I love them both.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
I'm still thinking about the car horn lady scene.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Rooney McNibnug posted:

AHHHHH AAHHHHHHHH

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
A bit surprised we didn't get to see Miriam again in the last episode. Wonder if perhaps she was so hurt that she couldn't tell the hospital staff (I assume the boys' mother called an ambulance) about Horne.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rooney McNibnug posted:

You know, I watch this show late on Sunday nights/Monday mornings usually, while I'm rocking my 3 month old to sleep. I'm watching it on my loving phone, with the sound off, and sometimes, I'm WAYY too tired.

I had COMPLETELY missed this, holy poo poo. :stare:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Star posted:

A bit surprised we didn't get to see Miriam again in the last episode. Wonder if perhaps she was so hurt that she couldn't tell the hospital staff (I assume the boys' mother called an ambulance) about Horne.

What do you mean? We saw her at the beginning of the episode crawling out of the trees with blood all over her.

E: So far in this show we tend to not see follow-ups in the same episode, so I wasn't surprised when we didn't return to her sub-plot. I'm fairly positive we will next ep, though.

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 26, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheMaestroso posted:

What do you mean? We saw her at the beginning of the episode crawling out of the trees with blood all over her.

Yes. That's what he was talking about. He means she didn't show up again after that.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

CJacobs posted:

He and Catherine Coulson really do deserve some kind of posthumous award for their performances because goddamn they're doing great for people who were on the brink of death when this was being filmed. :smith:
Very much so. The tightly framed fixed focus of her phonecalls to Hawk are deeply meaningful all on their own, but her advanced frailty and palpable sense of desperation in her character makes them that much more haunting.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I have a feeling we're not going to actually see Miriam talking about what happened, she'll just be in the hospital and it will be implied that she told all. This season sometimes has a habit of "tell don't show" but in this case I don't think it's necessary to show her talking to hospital staff or police.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm watching it on my loving telephone

Get real.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Aww yeah that's the stuff

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean on the phone is one thing in the age of HD phone screens but with the sound off? :psyduck:

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Cromulent posted:

I have a feeling we're not going to actually see Miriam talking about what happened, she'll just be in the hospital and it will be implied that she told all. This season sometimes has a habit of "tell don't show" but in this case I don't think it's necessary to show her talking to hospital staff or police.

This, or at least I hope so. They've shown enough pieces of the story that anybody can put these things together and conclude what is going to happen. Miriam being alive is the worst possible outcome for Richard and Chud.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Unless the local PD sends Chad to take Miriam's statement. I would think that would be the worst possible outcome for Miriam.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
In the latest episode, it looked to me like David Lynch subtly looked into the camera and smiled / winked after mentioning the coffee and doughnuts. Did anyone else see that?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Very much so. The tightly framed fixed focus of her phonecalls to Hawk are deeply meaningful all on their own, but her advanced frailty and palpable sense of desperation in her character makes them that much more haunting.

Yeah, those calls really make me choke up. :smith:

I don't know if Miguel Ferrer knew and/or told the cast and crew that he was dying while filming them, but Albert's scene's don't have the same effect on me since he's just so vital and entertaining in them.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Matthew Lillard's head looked like the 2 victims of "mother" from the glass box.

It made a sound like a squished grape though.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

TheBizzness posted:

Matthew Lillard's head looked like the 2 victims of "mother" from the glass box.

The best head squishing sounds were at the radio station in episode 8. The sound design for scenes like that is truly repulsive and I love it.

Also, remember Red said that if Richard hosed him over, he'd open his head up and eat his brain.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cromulent posted:

Also, remember Red said that if Richard hosed him over, he'd open his head up and eat his brain.

Richard has done nothing but gently caress him over since literally the minute he left their meeting so I look forward to this!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

TheBizzness posted:

Was the vomiting figure in episode 8 also meant to be "mother"? She's connected to the woodsmen and BOB through that scene, if so.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Rappaport posted:

Was the vomiting figure in episode 8 also meant to be "mother"? She's connected to the woodsmen and BOB through that scene, if so.

That one's credited as "the experiment" so her and "mother" seem to be two distinct entities. Maybe.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Am I right in thinking they're the same actress, though?

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010
Apparently, in The Art Life, there's a shot of Lynch's notes that looks like the outline for a scene that hasn't happened yet.

It's hard to read, but it's about Cole seeing Monica Bellucci in a dream in a cafe in Paris. We already know that Bellucci is casted and that they shot in Paris, so it lines up. I assume Bellucci's character was just not named yet when he made these notes and that she is not playing herself.
There's a line of dialogue in it that's "We are the dreamer who dreams." The title of episode 14 is "We are the dreamer."

Cole also says "Cooper was there with me/us but I couldn't see his face."
The paragraph before all this is hard to read but it mentions "her TV in the living room" and "we enter the film and it becomes reality" and "what the gently caress"

Here's the screenshot: http://imgur.com/eUoJVkM

edit: apparently this was already discovered months ago. Still, the link between this and the episode 14 title is a new development

Yeti Yeti Yeti fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 26, 2017

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/3aUGvmy.gifv

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Yeti Yeti Yeti posted:

Apparently, in The Art Life, there's a shot of Lynch's notes that looks like the outline for a scene that hasn't happened yet.

It's hard to read, but it's about Cole seeing Monica Bellucci in a dream in a cafe in Paris. We already know that Bellucci is casted and that they shot in Paris, so it lines up. I assume Bellucci's character was just not named yet when he made these notes and that she is not playing herself.
There's a line of dialogue in it that's "We are the dreamer who dreams." The title of episode 14 is "We are the dreamer."

Cole also says "Cooper was there with me/us but I couldn't see his face."
The paragraph before all this is hard to read but it mentions "her TV in the living room" and "we enter the film and it becomes reality" and "what the gently caress"

Here's the screenshot: http://imgur.com/eUoJVkM

edit: apparently this was already discovered months ago. Still, the link between this and the episode 14 title is a new development

I thought they said 100% of the new season was shot in, and takes place in, America.

Also, the episodes have titles?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Coop is never coming back is he? :(

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010

Lord Krangdar posted:

I thought they said 100% of the new season was shot in, and takes place in, America.

Also, the episodes have titles?

The Paris scene is in a dream so I guess it doesn't count
And yeah, the episodes have titles or I guess taglines or something. It probably depends on what streaming service you use, but CraveTV (in Canada) definitely shows episode titles other than just "Part #"

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Coop is never coming back is he? :(

As good as the Dougie Jones stuff is, I'm ready for Cooper to snap back now. I do like that MIKE seems to be getting more and more annoyed with Cooper not remembering who he is. He seems to be making progress - the cherry pie seemed to be another trigger moment.

The episodes have titles in the UK too, all lines of dialogue from the show, like one episode being called "Got a Light" and another being "Call for Help".

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
Showtime Anytime app shows the titles.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

HBO just calls them Part #, but has "Got a light?" and such for episode details, so i guess you could call them titles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Attitude Indicator posted:

HBO just calls them Part #, but has "Got a light?" and such for episode details, so i guess you could call them titles.

Showtime's website does the same.

Point is, they're cross-platform, so it's probably safe to assume they are the episodes' real titles (or taglines at least).

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
One of the earlier episodes, 5 or 6 I think, had a description like "Agent Cooper revisits some old friends over pie at the RR Diner" and it got a big laugh out of me.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

They're taglines. The episodes don't have "titles," because they're "parts" of what is essentially an 18-hour movie.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Escobarbarian posted:

Am I right in thinking they're the same actress, though?

Erica Eynon is "Experiment" in part 1 and part 8
People are conflating that with "Mother" but it's not credited as such.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

quadpus posted:

Wasn't one appearance of the creature, or one of the creatures, entirely CG though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

quadpus posted:

True, that person is the body double for both, but the two characters look notably different. Their similarities hint at their possible connection, though.