Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

ALLAHU AKBAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheScott2K posted:

What does the camera mean

the link in the tweet is to a clip of him saying that line in a speech

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

TheScott2K posted:

What does the camera mean

There's a video linked

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Holy poo poo man I picked the wrong time to get back on Twitter. Everyone is zerking out lookin for someone to beat on.

And all from a tweet!

I am unclear, has the military implemented it or is it just A Trump Tweet?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Skippy Granola posted:

I am unclear, has the military implemented it or is it just A Trump Tweet?

Pentagon says they have received no directive from WH. It's literally just a tweet.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

pokchu posted:

Sounds like the last half of the Reagan presidency.

My God, he sequence broke the Nixon speedrun so hard he's landed in the Reagan DLC.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

lol, needs more study. Coward way out as usual.

quote:

WASHINGTON — Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain on Wednesday said President Donald Trump’s announcement barring transgender individuals from the US military was “unclear” and inappropriate given an ongoing Pentagon study on the issue.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/26/john-mccain-calls-transgender-military-ban-inappropriate/

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Pentagon says they have received no directive from WH. It's literally just a tweet.

I'm sure Trump will retract instead of doubling down.

Oh.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-overtime-pay-mandatory-law-a7860571.html

quote:

The Trump administration has pushed forward with its bid to undo an Obama administration rule to extend mandatory overtime pay to 4.2 million workers and said it was considering treating workers differently based on location and industry.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Bottom Liner posted:

That's what I thought. It's like McCain voting to proceed - nothing YET

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bottom Liner posted:

He probably believes his tweet is an official directive.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

birds posted:

man i'm tired
:yossame:

I keep thinking "Cool, the latest outrage/insult to all we hold dear/scandal will simmer for a bit and I can enjoy an ice cream or something before hearing about the next news story that tops all the rest", but no, it doesn't stop.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Ernst, another GOP senator, has also come out against the ban.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JohnnySavs posted:

I know we're a nation of laws and all, but what if everyone just gave him the crazy grandpa treatment and told him "Yessir we'll look into that" and then went about their usual business? Up to and including cabinet members? He becomes the declining elder, elephant in the room for the entire national family.

It's basically my understanding that this is how the White House is operating right now. Various departments are just ignoring most of the poo poo he says outside of direct orders.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really need to learn how to code well enough that I can make a Trump Orz Twitter account that just tweets what he does every day with some of his most repeated words replaced with things like "*happy* *campers*."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Reminder as early as 2012(maybe even 2008?) a Gay R TOOP spoke at the RNC said that they needed to move on and accept The Gays and got boo'ed.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Cabbit posted:

My God, he sequence broke the Nixon speedrun so hard he's landed in the Reagan DLC.

This is the glitch demonstration part isn't it?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

WampaLord posted:

It's basically my understanding that this is how the White House is operating right now. Various departments are just ignoring most of the poo poo he says outside of direct orders.

Feels like there's a 50/50 chance he doesn't follow up on this at all and the military just shrugs it's shoulders because they haven't been given an official directive

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

There Bias Two posted:

Isn't it?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Man the talking points my conservative friends are using for this one are weaker than usual. Some bullshit about cost which is easy to crush and then some nonsense about it being a mental illness.

That's because nobody has to work very hard on giving them plausible stuff on this one. They already are transphobic babies.

The #1 common trait I found in conversations with trump voters shortly after the election was the person bringing up "no men in my daughters restroom!" with literally zero prompting.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

no?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This has seriously been the longest 6 months of my life. The fact you literally can't wake up in the morning without a new kind of fresh hell is insane. I can't even imagine the conservatives are okay with it because it's a new case of 'what is loving up now even though we should be winning." I don't get how the country can sustain 4 years of this. It's going to drive people crazy.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

It should be. He's the President. If he's making a public statement, it should be viewed as an official declaration of their policy.

The White House already said that Trump's tweets are official statements. And the 9th Circuit court agrees.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/890266719444402184

I can't handle all this winning.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

Ernst, another GOP senator, has also come out against the ban.

From here: “While she believes taxpayers shouldn’t cover the costs associated with a gender reassignment surgery, Americans who are qualified and can meet the standards to serve in the military should be afforded that opportunity.” So not entirely, but it is at least a direct condemnation of the ban instead of a "well I need some more info."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

"Why are these leopards eating my face" says woman who spoke at the National Leopards Eating Facing Party Convention

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Robot Hobo posted:

How he we go from the surprisingly diplomatic and professional-sounding tweets about Trans people in the military to this all-caps abortion in such a short time? No way the same person wrote both unless he did a shitload of meth in-between.

They weren't written by the same people. The military trans tweets were probably written by Gabbagoebbels, Miller, or Bannon.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

How about, Jeff Sessions is gonna get fired and he's not going to be in politics ever again. Thank you and God Bless.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

So isn't this guy basically putting out a statement saying that he doesn't even care about winning the Senate race he's in?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Worst case scenario

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I hope some upstart decides to say no and not let some old Keebler elf steal his own terrible future.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Must have been one neoliberal centrist shill in the administration who pushed that through.

In fairness, I was hoping Hillary would study the same... but with the opposite focus (to protect workers, do some industries/cities need a higher threshold for exemption?)

Rolling back the labor rules on OT and classification will have a massive impact in food service, retail, and other hourly nonunionized fields. Coincidentally, the demographics of these spaces do not have much overlap with even working class Trump supporters. This should be a great way for Dems in 2018 to show a distinction, at least.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ringo Star Get posted:

I hope some upstart decides to say no and not let some old Keebler elf steal his own terrible future.

I hope that a Dem wins the seat (lol)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Crows Turn Off posted:

It should be. He's the President. If he's making a public statement, it should be viewed as an official declaration of their policy.

The White House already said that Trump's tweets are official statements. And the 9th Circuit court agrees.

Also it's hard to find a reason to hope that he'll just let this one go without following up on it, once he sees the horrid press coverage.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Blitz7x posted:

Worst case scenario

It won't happen, but are you telling me it wouldn't be hilarious for Sessions to vote on his own AG replacement?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Crows Turn Off posted:

The world we live in now is one where we have to ask ourselves if comments made by the president re official policy or an angry grandpa fw:fw:fw:fw chain.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Ringo Star Get posted:

There's someone in the seat right now, I can't imagine a scenario where he's cool with stepping down because of Sessions

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

It's hard to imagine how they could legally do that short of Alabama's election law having some existing provision about how if everyone drops out, it reopens the process for new nominees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

let me once again take the time to to point out how awesomely toothless and concerned about appearing trendy the U.S media is again

Oh clever poo poo. He's probably just crazy but how can we spin this with a little levity for the millennials and lovely pop music references so as to make it appear like it's all in good fun.

This is one of the reason I say the U.S Media is largely newsfotainment and lacks any sort of teeth to act as a watchdog on anything even if it wanted to. If Trump is overly concerned about ratings and numbers I think he's got more than he thinks in common with his stated mortal enemy.

• Locked thread