Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

turnways posted:

Then playing Pokemon GO would be appropriate.

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mu Zeta posted:

Use cemeteries for new housing and public parks. They are dead and taking up space.

San Francisco is way ahead of you.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Slime posted:

maybe your house is built where they used to put corpses.

Yeah, they only moved the headstones. Boy I'll check next time I tell you what.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Mu Zeta posted:

Use cemeteries for new housing and public parks. They are dead and taking up space.

I think we know how that turns out, eh gang?

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Is that Scooby Doo and the gang at Petra?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mu Zeta posted:

This isn't the Life Death Hack thread

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Depressio111117 posted:

Is that Scooby Doo and the gang at Petra?

Looks more like Pueblo cliff dwellings, not elaborate enough for Petra.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
My grave will be a tower of affordable public housing.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah, they only moved the headstones. Boy I'll check next time I tell you what.

Carol-Ann?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Mu Zeta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVhzSy7MjeE

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Chipotle says employee worked while ill at Va. location

“We believe someone was working while sick,” Ells said, without giving specifics.

Given “how quickly symptoms develop with norovirus and the large number of folks involved, we will likely not be able to determine whether a patron or employee was the first to introduce the virus to the facility,” said David Goodfriend, director of the Loudoun County Health Department.

A Chipotle representative noted that employees are not supposed to work when ill, and the company offers paid sick days for hourly employees. Ells said the company is adding training to what he called “excellent” protocols to prevent further norovirus cases.

https://apnews.com/52a6ad0f43f7fe5e85141bcc66f290da/Chipotle-says-employee-worked-while-ill-at-Va.-location

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lime Tonics posted:

Chipotle says employee worked while ill at Va. location

“We believe someone was working while sick,” Ells said, without giving specifics.

Given “how quickly symptoms develop with norovirus and the large number of folks involved, we will likely not be able to determine whether a patron or employee was the first to introduce the virus to the facility,” said David Goodfriend, director of the Loudoun County Health Department.

A Chipotle representative noted that employees are not supposed to work when ill, and the company offers paid sick days for hourly employees. Ells said the company is adding training to what he called “excellent” protocols to prevent further norovirus cases.

https://apnews.com/52a6ad0f43f7fe5e85141bcc66f290da/Chipotle-says-employee-worked-while-ill-at-Va.-location

Step up from my highschool days at McDonald's "we don't care you're throwing up. We don't have anyone to cover your shift come in."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Yeah, most food service jobs subscribe to the belief that you could be on the edge of death but forced to work if you can't find a replacement.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I know I spread some serious poo poo when I worked in food service. The sneeze guards were on the other side of the salad bar.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the manager knew exactly who was sick, but made them come in anyway, "excellent protocols" be damned.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Krispy Kareem posted:

I know I spread some serious poo poo when I worked in food service. The sneeze guards were on the other side of the salad bar.

I once spent a shift working the back drive through booth because at least when I threw up it was into a trash can away from the food instead of in a trash can by the food.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chipotle has that in the handbook so they can point to it in times like this. They know damned well that managers don't let people take sick days with out giving them poo poo or making them find their own coverage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I literally came in sick to my fast food job because at the time, I was the only non-manager available to open the register during the week, and it's not like I could call in and get a replacement at 6 in the morning. Luckily, since I was register, I wasn't really touching much food.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm sure if you explained it to corporate that you didn't open because you were sick and it was against store policy to come into work sick they would have commended you on your adhesion to their rules and allowed you to continue your employment with no additional harassment or oversight. Gotta have faith in the system man. It's right there in the handbook!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's cute that you think that. Also I haven't worked there in like a year so I'm not really lookin' for advice.

Waffleman_ has a new favorite as of 05:17 on Jul 26, 2017

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

It's cute that you think that. Also I haven't worked there in like a year so I'm not really lookin' for advice.

I think they were being sarcastic...

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Slimy Hog posted:

I think they were being sarcastic...
Wow ya think? :rolleyes:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It's Meta-meta-meta sarcasm going on here

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I think the brain eating microbes reaches the sarcasm lobe of his brain.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yes.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

It went over Waffleman_'s head

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Inescapable Duck posted:

My grave will be a tower of affordable public housing.

Don't worry, they will eventually find you by the smell.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Non-food job, but at my old job around the holidays everyone got sick and our manager decided no one could take off unless they had a medical note from a doctor, like when you're a kid that needs to miss school. One girl was coughing up blood so the manager told her to take more vitamins. Well that's my story

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Always cough on your boss.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
World's greatest movie puts out a pretty dumb tweet

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yawn

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

This could be the start of a predictable-but-still-hilarious Photoshop Phriday.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I find the idea of that movie as retarded as anyone else, but this tweet is hilarious.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ok, not read it or watched the show, but The Handmaid's Tale isn't real, is it? I could understand getting pissed off if they did an Emoji Movie parody of the Schindler's List poster, but people upset by this can gently caress off so far they end up back here and have to gently caress off again.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like it's completely legit to get upset about treating a piece of art with a serious message as nothing more that an advertising basis for your throwaway trend.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

I feel like it's completely legit to get upset about treating a piece of art with a serious message as nothing more that an advertising basis for your throwaway trend.

I disagree.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I don't completely know why it feels so inappropriate, but it does. Not in a really shocking "what were they thinking" way, but more just "no." It's more along the lines of Kidz Bop covering a protest song or something.

I'm not sure there's as much of an outrage or scandal as that article implies, though. It sounds more like "everyone thinks this is stupid".

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
It's no Jolly Rancher prison rape tweet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sir Lemming posted:

I don't completely know why it feels so inappropriate, but it does. Not in a really shocking "what were they thinking" way, but more just "no." It's more along the lines of Kidz Bop covering a protest song or something.

I'm not sure there's as much of an outrage or scandal as that article implies, though. It sounds more like "everyone thinks this is stupid".

This sounds about right. Of course that tweet just screams "this was decided by someone unfamiliar with the source material."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Caring at all about an emoji movie means you've already lost.