Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

That Mo Brooks thing is the weirdest political thing today and that's loving saying something.

Edit: it's actually kinda genius. The primary has been all about who loves Trump the most. Brooks is having his cake and eating it too by being both pro-Trump and pro-Sessions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

This has seriously been the longest 6 months of my life. The fact you literally can't wake up in the morning without a new kind of fresh hell is insane. I can't even imagine the conservatives are okay with it because it's a new case of 'what is loving up now even though we should be winning."

The congressmen are making money hand over fist and their constituents are tedious background noise at best, they're delighted with this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I really want to know what the Pentagon's reaction to those tweets was. How did the Joint Chiefs initially react when they were told.

What are they doing right now?

I want video footage.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
republicans agree to withdraw and prop up sessions

lone democrat does not withdraw

do it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

All the Republicans drop out, but it turns out Sessions can't actually run, legally, thus granting the seat to a write-in dog who got the most votes. Unfortunately, Senator Woofles caucuses with the Republicans.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I couldn't watch the Trump instagram thing. Was it in response to this:

https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethWarren/photos/a.414227908686.199860.38471053686/10155013451453687/?type=3

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I don't think trump knows how to use emoji, or knows how to post a link. I don't think he wrote this any more than he did this morning's, although he may have typed the morning's from something handed to him last night.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Must have been one neoliberal centrist shill in the administration who pushed that through.

In fairness, I was hoping Hillary would study the same... but with the opposite focus (to protect workers, do some industries/cities need a higher threshold for exemption?)

Rolling back the labor rules on OT and classification will have a massive impact in food service, retail, and other hourly nonunionized fields. Coincidentally, the demographics of these spaces do not have much overlap with even working class Trump supporters. This should be a great way for Dems in 2018 to show a distinction, at least.

It's an Obama administration passed law so it's gotta go, doesn't matter what's in it, those are the rules. :colbert:

The question is what does he do if/when he's finally succeeded in undoing every Obama era policy? Is that when he resigns or something else?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

All the Republicans drop out, but it turns out Sessions can't actually run, legally, thus granting the seat to a write-in dog who got the most votes. Unfortunately, Senator Woofles caucuses with the Republicans.

Actually, this would be less weird than like half of what has happened this year. :(

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ekeog posted:

It's hard to imagine how they could legally do that short of Alabama's election law having some existing provision about how if everyone drops out, it reopens the process for new nominees?

Parties can select their candidate any way they drat well want, no?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
In America, Government worships you! If you are rich enough.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

I'm confused, what is funny at benny Johnson's expense about the upper right of the gay cruise ad

Kale
May 14, 2010

Isn't this the plot of season two of house of cards only swap out VP for AG

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is there anymore wording out yet about this trans ban in the military?

I'm curious to see how he plans to kick out active duty ones.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Congress says no to him
Senate says no to him
AG says no to him
FBI says no to him
Supreme court says no to him
So Trump's left with barking orders at the military

I gotta wonder if any top brass have started to have the conversation of "but what if we need to say 'no' to him too?"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Democracy in action folks!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm confused, what is funny at benny Johnson's expense about the upper right of the gay cruise ad

targeted ad based on cookies. means he was searching for gay cruises

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The icons mean it's a targeted ad based on the viewer's past googling.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

Holy poo poo man I picked the wrong time to get back on Twitter. Everyone is zerking out lookin for someone to beat on.

And all from a tweet!

I am unclear, has the military implemented it or is it just A Trump Tweet?

My reasons for never getting involved with Social media become more and more justified and reinforced to myself as 2017 wears on even though it originally started as a kind of harmless not wanting to be stuck with a 140 character limit that I figured would diminish conversation and eventually lead to group think. I've never been sure if I agree with the motto the internet makes you stupid, but twitter definitely seems to have made the human race stupider and in record time too. Like I wasn't prepared for how fast it would take the piss out of your average internet conversation, contribute largely to giving the world President Trump and turning a good chunk of an entire generation in to shrieking bait monkeys and elementary schoolyard name callers.

Also believe it or not there was a time when Trump's tweets were relatively normal and straightforward when he first started using it in 2008. Then they slowly got more and more political and about being vindictive up until about 2012 when he just kind of lost his loving mind over Obama being re-elected if anyone recalls and it's been all downhill since. I've heard it argued that it's because the guy is desperate to be loved and knows he'll never be loved as much as Obama who is everything he isn't was just sort of pushing him over the edge and starting this whole super-villain origin story.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 26, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chard posted:

Republicans and Democrats will come together at last and lock Trump in a cage where he can be peed on by the public for a small donation to local libraries.

But that's what he wants! It's the long con!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Today's events kind of makes it feel like the video for Prodigy's "Smack My Bitch Up" is a documentary from inside the White House.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Is there anymore wording out yet about this trans ban in the military?

I'm curious to see how he plans to kick out active duty ones.

There's literally nothing aside from the tweet. For anyone. It's unlikely that anything else even exists behind closed doors.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There's literally nothing aside from the tweet. For anyone. It's unlikely that anything else even exists.

Lots of staffers running around like headless chicken chanting "gently caress gently caress gently caress"

Veep is real, my friends.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Cabbit posted:

My God, he sequence broke the Nixon speedrun so hard he's landed in the Reagan DLC.

Gold split.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Bicyclops posted:

"Sen. Woofles was seen eating poo poo today on the WH lawn. But it was surprisingly less than the normal amount his fellow republicans eat daily."

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

MacheteZombie posted:

Democracy in action folks!

Lmao I wouldn't trust a pair of Democrats to follow through with this without stabbing each other in the back, let alone a pack of GOP

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Same Great Paste posted:

The icons mean it's a targeted ad based on the viewer's past googling.

He's a journalist right? Well I mean when he isn't stealing articles from actual journalists.

It is quite possible that his Google ad profile is really hosed up as a result of using the internet for work. Until I went an opted out of every tracking network and enabled Adblock on my work computer I was getting some really strange stuff because of that sort of thing. The last straw was ads for Pratt and Whitney turbine maintenance following me over to my phone.

If he did research into some LGBT issue and visited particular sites that could trigger the "show gay cruise ads" association.

Or he was looking for some fun in the sun on a boat. Nothing wrong with that.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ThePeavstenator posted:

This is definitely a thing. One of my grandpas would have regular old-man meetings with his friends from his town and they were all military vets. The one guy who was in the marines held it over everyone else's head like they didn't really serve in the military. Everyone in the group hated that guy.

also because people who define their identity as Veterans must mention it at every opportunity even if they're in a group composed of other vets

you see this pretty commonly with stupid people who say that your opinion doesn't matter if you haven't served in the military (a selective organization which approximately 100k new recruits every year in a nation which graduates 3+ million high schoolers every year)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kale posted:

The question is what does he do if/when he's finally succeeded in undoing every Obama era policy? Is that when he resigns or something else?
If he finishes with all sixteen years of Obama, he can move on to the twelve years of Clinton, and once he's done there, sure, he won't touch Reagan's stuff, but I'm sure Carter still has some lingering policies...

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/890275115476365312

:downsgun:

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If he finishes with all sixteen years of Obama, he can move on to the twelve years of Clinton, and once he's done there, sure, he won't touch Reagan's stuff, but I'm sure Carter still has some lingering policies...

Technically the EPA is a Nixon-era policy, so he doesn't mind using any of the available holes while turbofucking America.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

He's a journalist right? Well I mean when he isn't stealing articles from actual journalists.

It is quite possible that his Google ad profile is really hosed up as a result of using the internet for work. Until I went an opted out of every tracking network and enabled Adblock on my work computer I was getting some really strange stuff because of that sort of thing. The last straw was ads for Pratt and Whitney turbine maintenance following me over to my phone.

If he did research into some LGBT issue and visited particular sites that could trigger the "show gay cruise ads" association.

Or he was looking for some fun in the sun on a boat. Nothing wrong with that.

Hi Kurt Eichenwald! Glad to see you post here too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/19/us/reporters-essay-making-a-connection-with-justin.html

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ahaha Bannon 💯💯

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
pretty sure the incoming discrimination lawsuit will cost an order of magnitude more

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

So that's what Grima Wormtongue Ann Coulter was talking to him about.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I'd think this is all a distraction from whatever horrors the GOP are cooking up for healthcare but it's more likely Dipshit Donnie saw a thing on Fox and this is the kneejerk response.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

But...that's..not how funding works...?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
"That's 8 million that could go to vets"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Only in Trump's collapsing mind would he see a disagreement on whether the military should fund sex reassignment surgery and decide that the best course of action is to simply eject all of the transgendered people out. Why not just, I don't know, not pay for the surgery? It's still bad but not the literal worst decision possible. Why do you have to get rid of everyone who has already transitioned and not allow already transitioned people join?

But this is Trump we're talking about so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Weird, since it's going to cost even more to discharge and replace them than it would to keep them:

https://twitter.com/Jduckham/status/890269765931073536

• Locked thread