Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/AaronMehta/status/890272903639552000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Guys the new spin is that transsexuals have elevated rates of suicide/mental instability and thus shouldn't be given guns or allowed near sensitive data

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

redgubbinz posted:

I'd think this is all a distraction from whatever horrors the GOP are cooking up for healthcare but it's more likely Dipshit Donnie saw a thing on Fox and this is the kneejerk response.

people keep saying "this is a distraction from..." which is wrong for a few reasons. first, just because it draws your attention doesn't mean it draws everyone's attention. this is the same bad argument as "why isn't the media talking about [some thing the media is talking about]"

also distraction implies deliberacy. if someone is a clumsy rear end and they drop something and it breaks, dropping another thing that breaks is not a distraction from the first broken thing - it's a pattern of incompetence

Blitz7x posted:

Guys the new spin is that transsexuals have elevated rates of suicide/mental instability

so do combat veterans :ssh:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If he finishes with all sixteen years of Obama, he can move on to the twelve years of Clinton, and once he's done there, sure, he won't touch Reagan's stuff, but I'm sure Carter still has some lingering policies...

Pretty sure the end goal is get us all the way back to 1859.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You fool! You could have used the transgender troops to man the wall!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blitz7x posted:

Guys the new spin is that transsexuals have elevated rates of suicide/mental instability and thus shouldn't be given guns or allowed near sensitive data

So veterans in general too then?

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Literally shredding social progress to build walls.

Like raaaaiiiaiiiiiin, on your wedding day....

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

But...that's..not how funding works...?

It isn't about the money, it is about conservatives refusing to fund all of Trump's crazy poo poo unless they got to ban funding medical support for some of our troops.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
The issue isn't cost, as such.

Here's the break down.

Republican caucus in the House split on banning the military to pay for gender reassignment.
The hard anti-reassignment republicans look to be losing but threaten to delay defense bill full of things Trump wants, like the wall and spending on military.
They go to trump who cuts the Gordian knot by banning transgender perople from the military.

Bing Bang Boom it's just that easy.

farraday fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 26, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

people need to read that politico article, trump has massively hosed up yet again

basically, the House had a problem with their military budget bill: conservatives wouldn't vote for the bill unless it stripped funding for sexual reassignment surgeries, while moderates refused to agree to discriminate against trans people, and they couldn't pass it with moderates + democrats because democrats won't vote for it with funding for The Wall. so, they can't fund the military at all unless they give up the wall. that is...embarrassing.

so Ryan hit on an idea: get Trump to issue an order saying the military won't pay for sexual reassignment surgeries, and the House no longer needs to include it in the legislation at all, it's no longer their problem

so he asked Trump, and Trump appears to have basically misinterpreted what was being asked for and banned all trans people entirely which was not at all what Ryan wanted

and now, even Republicans are like "uh this is a little too segregationey even for me guys" and i bet that bill now gets trapped in a debate over if it should overturn that executive order or not instead of a much quieter funding battle

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bicyclops posted:

I really need to learn how to code well enough that I can make a Trump Orz Twitter account that just tweets what he does every day with some of his most repeated words replaced with things like "*happy* *campers*."

I'm currently studying programming and the second I cobble together enough knowledge to do so I'm going dedicate every free moment I have to writing Twitter bots to troll Trump. I think if more people suggested this as the endgame of the learn to code movement it would be much more popular.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Fister Roboto posted:

You fool! You could have used the transgender troops to man the wall!

The Rainbow Watch

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
poo poo is so dumb, especially when I know a girl who joined the Air Force and got a boob job out of it so obviously they are already paying for it. Some bases even have plastic surgery centers on the grounds. Ridiculous!

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 26, 2017

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Once again, the blend of malice and stupidity boggles the mind.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

people need to read that politico article, trump has massively hosed up yet again

basically, the House had a problem with their military budget bill: conservatives wouldn't vote for the bill unless it stripped funding for sexual reassignment surgeries, while moderates refused to agree to discriminate against trans people, and they couldn't pass it with moderates + democrats because democrats won't vote for it with funding for The Wall. so, they can't fund the military at all unless they give up the wall. that is...embarrassing.

so Ryan hit on an idea: get Trump to issue an order saying the military won't pay for sexual reassignment surgeries, and the House no longer needs to include it in the legislation at all, it's no longer their problem

so he asked Trump, and Trump appears to have basically misinterpreted what was being asked for and banned all trans people entirely which was not at all what Ryan wanted

and now, even Republicans are like "uh this is a little too segregationey even for me guys" and i bet that bill now gets trapped in a debate over if it should overturn that executive order or not instead of a much quieter funding battle

What Ryan tried to do is exactly what they were hoping he'd be as president: a rubber stamp and a way out of fights like this one. I love that they simply couldn't have predicted how incredibly, amazingly stupid he is.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Once again, the blend of malice and stupidity baffles the mind.

That old quote about not attributing to malice what could be explained by stupidity never considers that it could easily be both.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
ShuckS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59RUL8Ih8aY

And DeVos?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

evilweasel posted:

:stare: We live in an age where a game of telephone can cause 11,000 people to read that they might be losing their jobs over Twitter, to say nothing of how badly three tweets affects the climate that makes it dangerous to go outside their homes.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
The legal argument they'll inevitably have to have about the elective character of sexual reassignment surgery vs what they already cover through tricare and the va and the nakedly discriminatory angle of it....

This was a bad idea that crashed into another bad idea caught fire then insulted a widow. This was stupid before trump even got wind.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

nice self own fucko

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Once again, the blend of malice and stupidity boggles the mind.

That and blind chance. Like, of course this administration found a way to gently caress this up on exactly the wrong day.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Was there a Presidental tweet this am? The make sure that the press secretary has someone else to go up first to take heat.

I want one of these press briefing to have no laughing from the press corps.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A MOM, SHUCKS.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

evilweasel posted:

The only thing is even he can walk this back since the royal decree on twitter isn't binding in the least and he can make the real order the correct one and (ignore / cast blame on whatever) any mentions of the disparity.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Same Great Paste posted:

Literally shredding social progress to build walls.

Like raaaaiiiaiiiiiin, on your wedding day....

Excuse me Good Sir but have you considered that Both Parties Are The Same?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A MOM, SHUCKS.

if you spend even one part of your day with a child it makes everything you say do or think beyond reproach because to care about a little person is the greatest justice of all

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Sarah Huckabee Sanders' message to her daughter: "don't worry honey, we're making enough money that you'll benefit from President Trump's tax reform"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

So basically the GOP had him cut something that cost $2 million before they would give him $2 billion. Nice.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Randbrick posted:

The legal argument they'll inevitably have to have about the elective character of sexual reassignment surgery vs what they already cover through tricare and the va and the nakedly discriminatory angle of it....

This was a bad idea that crashed into another bad idea caught fire then insulted a widow. This was stupid before trump even got wind.

yeah it was absolutely discrimination, it was just couched in terms that could be explained away as "well this is elective and we don't want them joining up just for free elective surgery..." and yadda yadda because the republican party likes its dog-whistle discrimination but they forgot trump doesn't know what dogs are

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Paul Ryan: Hey, Trump, old buddy, I'm having some trouble getting this bill through, because someone tacked on some subsidies for cattle farmers...

Trump, on Twitter: Please be advised that beef is now illegal in the United States. Thank you.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

And this is the equivalent of the cabinet room handjob he had everyone give him on camera. Jesus.

And the gently caress is this? Letters from kids that love the President? Named "Pickle"??? Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Life is like a box of letters to the president written by children, why can't you in the fake news media understand that?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Not a Children posted:

if you spend even one part of your day with a child it makes everything you say do or think beyond reproach because to care about a little person is the greatest justice of all

Yeah, it is so clearly a shield.

Neener neener! Now you can't ask me nasty pointed questions because I brought up children!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Listen folks, ten year olds like him so we should too.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bhaal posted:

The only thing is even he can walk this back since the royal decree on twitter isn't binding in the least and he can make the real order the correct one and (ignore / cast blame on whatever) any mentions of the disparity.

it wasn't legally binding, but walking it back to just the surgery will (a) be personally embarassing for him and (b) provoke the conservatives who are super happy now and will then be disappointing even though they'd have been happy if he just got it right the first time

that's likely the most politically expedient thing to do but it's going to run up against requiring someone to say trump was a stupid idiot who misspoke, and he doesn't like it when his underlings do that

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

farraday posted:

Life is like a box of letters to the president written by children, why can't you in the fake news media understand that?

did she specify literal minors or is it just badly spelled crayon letters from grown trump voters

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003

boner confessor posted:

did she specify literal minors or is it just badly spelled crayon letters from grown trump voters

It's from one of the newly hired 45000 coal miners.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Of course it all comes back to the Wall somehow. Of course. That's amazing.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

One of these journalists should ask if SecDef Mattis had any idea that Trump was gonna make that announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Dubious posted:

nice self own fucko

It was never about the money it was sending a message to his bigot base

• Locked thread