Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

JoelJoel posted:

I just think it's not the best policy to rip on potential customers. Sorry I hit a nerve.

A thorn in the side of SAS management...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
True to his namesake, Evil Waldo disappeared into sea of posters to continue his life's missions: annoy recent graduates with communication degrees who work a hockey teams' social media accounts.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's okay, I DM'd them and they apologised. We won't have to worry about them hurting feelings on the internet anymore.

You're welcome, Canadians.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Don't worry, we'll be really passive aggressive towards Las Vegas and talk poo poo behind their back. You know, the :canada: way.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

grack posted:

Don't worry, we'll be really passive aggressive towards Las Vegas and talk poo poo behind their back. You know, the :canada: way.

Sorrey!!!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Spooner got a 1 year deal for 2.825 which is less than I thought he would. Boston should probably stop jerking him around and figure out what to do, though.

Also, sign Pasta already Sweeney. What the gently caress.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

team canada rosters for 2 upcoming tournaments that are made up of guys that could play in the olympics

quote:

2017 Sochi Hockey Open

Forwards: Justin Azevedo, Gilbert Brulé, Brandon Buck, Kevin Clark, Andrew Ebbett, Bud Holloway, Rob Klinkhammer, Brandon Kozun, Ben Maxwell, Brandon McMillan, Eric O’Dell, Daniel Paille, Mason Raymond, Max Talbot, Linden Vey

Defence: Chay Genoway, Geoff Kinrade, Patrick McNeill, Maxim Noreau, Mat Robinson, Jonathan Sigalet, Karl Stollery

Goaltenders: Justin Peters, Kevin Poulin

2017 Tournament of Nikolai Puchkov

Forwards: Taylor Beck, Sean Collins, Cory Emmerton, Ryan Garbutt, Andrew Gordon, David McIntyre, Jacob Micflikier, Trevor Parkes, Marc-Antoine Pouliot, Derek Roy, Greg Scott, Paul Szczechura, James Wright

Defence: Cam Barker, Carlo Colaiacovo, Stefan Elliott, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Kevin Klein, Shawn Lalonde, Craig Schira

Goaltenders: Kevin Poulin, Ben Scrivens

wow. remember bitching about mike smith: olympian? well have rob klinkhammer and justin peters

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JACOB MICFLIKIER, THE GOLDEN GOAL

This is gonna suck

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I WILL get a Talbot Team Canada jersey if he makes the team

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I guess if global warming destroys our ability to play hockey, we got this available as backup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZBKLMJSYtc

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
That sure is a list of made-up NHL players from an unlicensed video game.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

JACOB MICFLIKIER, THE GOLDEN GOAL

This is gonna suck

You're still gonna watch it!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

You're still gonna watch it!

I didn't suggest otherwise.

With that said, I'm not getting up at 6am to watch Andrew Gordon and Cory Emmerton in a preliminary round game against Finland.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
eric o'dell, olympian

:lol:

Justin Azevedo was awesome in one of the late aughts NHL games

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Flyinglemur posted:

I'll get a shirsey.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Max Talbot scored two game 7 goals and won a Stanley cup. That's pedigree right there. Big players show up for big games.

I see no way Canada could fail to clench a gold with this roster.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Raymond, Roy, Ebbett, Vey, Gragnani...

It's the starting lineup of forgotten Canucks of the last decade

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Spooner got a 1 year deal for 2.825 which is less than I thought he would. Boston should probably stop jerking him around and figure out what to do, though.

Also, sign Pasta already Sweeney. What the gently caress.

trade him for nick holden.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
how do you feel about buying out marc staal

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

how do you feel about buying out marc staal

as much as I want him gone, the buyout term is loving horrendous

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

hifi posted:

team canada rosters for 2 upcoming tournaments that are made up of guys that could play in the olympics

wow. remember bitching about mike smith: olympian? well have rob klinkhammer and justin peters

I'm surprised that Brule, Klinkhammer, Pouliot, Roy, Barker and Scrivens are the only ex-Oilers on there. You'd think there would be more Canadian guys who the Oilers chased out of the NHL. :v:

e: I also managed to forget about Taylor Beck being an ex-Oiler too.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 27, 2017

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Speaking of Talbot, the Pens are looking for a 3rd line center...

E: also, Talbot in the olympics would be spectacular

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Speaking of Talbot, the Pens are looking for a 3rd line center...

E: also, Talbot in the olympics would be spectacular

This is the post of the year!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

hifi posted:

does anyone have the now years-old nhl.com screenshot of with five 'big name' free agents and a very surprised looking carlo coliacoaovo among them?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gio posted:

does anyone have the now years-old nhl.com screenshot of with five 'big name' free agents and a very surprised looking carlo coliacoaovo among them?

I know you don't mean this but

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol Dan Paille: Olympian

this team suuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

yellowcar posted:

Whoa, watch how you talk about a former member of the trio formerly known as the "Best 4th line in hockey"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

yellowcar posted:

Wait til you see the Swedish team!!!

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

as much as I want him gone, the buyout term is loving horrendous

it's not great but it could be worse. would hurt next year for sure but would help right now

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

a false posted:

it's not great but it could be worse. would hurt next year for sure but would help right now

According to a certain narrow margin of stats him being on the ice can sometimes be better than if the Rangers were just short a player

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

a false posted:

I mean it helps in terms of "not having Marc Staal on the ice", not that they really have a huge need for cap space unless they're going to swing a deal for someone with a notable cap hit. Buying him out this year versus next year wouldn't really make a huge difference though I think.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Flyinglemur posted:

Matt Murley is going to play in the South Korean pro league this year so just pencil him right in for Team USA

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Ovechkin-Datsyuk-Kovalchuk line is going to score 7 on Canada

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Definitely not Ovechkin-Gay Cadaver Ankles-Contented Fatty line might not make it down the ice in 20 minutes.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Markov officially gone as a hab

Fire the bergevin

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

stab posted:

Markov officially gone as a hab

Fire the bergevin

It's all good! Streit can replace Markov, right?
*gunshot*

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Petry and Weber only current defensemen on the roster to have played a full season with the Habs. Well Streit too, but yeah.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

I mean it helps in terms of "not having Marc Staal on the ice", not that they really have a huge need for cap space unless they're going to swing a deal for someone with a notable cap hit. Buying him out this year versus next year wouldn't really make a huge difference though I think.

i mean the cap hit from buying him out now would hurt next year when we have a lot of people to re-sign

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress youuuuuuuuuu, Bergevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

And shaw is still a hab

yellowcar posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuuu, Bergevin

• Locked thread