Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Omnitrix posted:

My work used to have a door that that for whatever reason people would push on the wrong side to open. I put a picture of Trump saying "wrong" on that side of the door. Gave most folks a chuckle. But little kids would go off on the picture, hitting it and calling him names..."I hate that man, mommy." A lot of kids are scared of him. I also live in a predominately latino community so we're all scared of him right now.

Why not a Kevin Spacey picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

cochise posted:

A coup to restore sanity can't come fast enough. Get this fucktard out.

If he did launch a strike at North Korea, would the U.S. be hosed forever?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Is it really a theme party if that's his everyday living environment?

his everyday environment is minecraft tho

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

what kid has a trump themed party?

99% chance of it being someone whose dad owns a concrete company and has a big gently caress-off RV.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

It's actually very appropriate for a toddler to have a Trump themed birthday party, because all they'd have to do would be to act like themselves.

Two scoops, a Coke button, bed wetting, the best chocolate cake... sounds about right.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Willo567 posted:

No, but the Korean Peninsula and probably Japan would be.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Willo567 posted:

Impossibly unclear. If we unilaterally attacked North Korea, China would be ULTRAPISSED but I don't think it's clear exactly how it would go down from there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Two scoops, a Coke button, bed wetting, the best chocolate cake... sounds about right.

There's also the great moment when the kid gets to pretend he's driving a truck and honk the truck horn.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Willo567 posted:

No, the us would be fine. Korea would be hosed though and all my friends and co-workers would probably be gone.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pakled posted:

No, but the Korean Peninsula and probably Japan would be.

my favorite poll

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

So not only can Trump dictate US policy via Twitter, but he can also use it to raise the DEFCON level.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

what kid has a trump themed party?

Kids are weird. There was a kid who had an obsession over the local lawyer and had his birthday party themed as that guy. Got a cardboard cutout and loved it.

Edit: lawyer not weatherman

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-toddler-loves-a-personal-injury-lawyers-commercials-so

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 26, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

This very much gets at the blurry line between single payer and a public option, a topic this thread really doesn't like. Is it still single-payer if you have to opt-in, as opposed to mandatory enrollment? Does that even matter if it still gets 100% coverage?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

mango sentinel posted:

Impossibly unclear. If we unilaterally attacked North Korea, China would be ULTRAPISSED but I don't think it's clear exactly how it would go down from there.

I'm sorry for asking about this. I'm just scared as poo poo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

my favorite poll

Attack Japan getting 20% will never not be funny as hell

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My god I'm going to wake up one day and find out we're at war with someone via twitter announcement.

Does Trump even know he needs congressional approval for war or does he think he can just tweet nuke North Korea and it'll happen?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Willo567 posted:

As a construct, probably not. As a concept, almost assuredly. Even if NK could never actually touch the continental US, an unsupported, lone wolf strike at the country would do permanent, world-changing damage to our place in the international community.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Xombie posted:

99% chance of it being someone whose dad owns a concrete company and has a big gently caress-off RV.

Remember that reporter who tweeted out the video filming the guy yelling at the health care protestors and he had his kid with him

That's the kid with the trump birthday party

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

FuturePastNow posted:

2017: GOP kills Obamacare, McCain begins treatment

2018: Premiums up 50%, McCain's cancer begins to recede

2020: Premiums up 100%, McCain's cancer expands again

2021: Democratic president and slim Dem majority Congress take over, McCain lingers on

2022: Premiums up 200%, House passes single-payer bill; McCain carried in to Senate, votes against, croaks

I wrote this a few days ago, but now I want to post it again

To The Highwayman

I was a senator. Along party lines I did vote
While concerned I always voted rote
Many a poor man lost his healthcare at my whim
Many a mother closed a coffin with a hymn
And when cancer struck the maverick did depart
But I can still bogat

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Arrgytehpirate posted:

My god I'm going to wake up one day and find out we're at war with someone via twitter announcement.

Does Trump even know he needs congressional approval for war or does he think he can just tweet nuke North Korea and it'll happen?

No he's got the nuclear football so he just has to find a tire to throw it through. We know he can do this because Mooch saw him do it once!

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Trabisnikof posted:

Kids are weird. There was a kid who had an obsession over the local lawyer and had his birthday party themed as that guy. Got a cardboard cutout and loved it.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-toddler-loves-a-personal-injury-lawyers-commercials-so

this is weird and adorable. thank you for improving my day with this weird, adorable kid.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Thaddius the Large posted:

Attack Japan getting 20% will never not be funny as hell

TBF "Attack Japan" is a question on any poll ever in Korea. In their latest boy band popularity ranking poll, "Attack Japan" came in 14th.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

his everyday environment is minecraft tho

The stuff outside the computer moniter/VR headset. Also he's at the WH now, and so he gets to see what a competent interior designer does when they arent hamstrung by a piss fetishist and his gaudy gold preferences.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

If we end up at war in the next couple years, here's hoping he tries to start a war via tweet with Northern Ireland, or a town in Tanzania or something.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

That would be Ben Shapiro. Here's a video that I found on Google and am unable to review for any gross trans-phobia (beyond the original panel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQy70_LPS4

Everyone should watch this.

I've never heard Ben Shapiro speak, but it somehow less tolerable than I imagine. But holy poo poo Zoey was going to murder him right there on TV. Beautiful moment.

Shapiro is an rear end in a top hat.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Bart is a lawyer in my area and his commercials are everywhere. When I saw that story I laughed for a while.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

TBF "Attack Japan" is a question on any poll ever in Korea. In their latest boy band popularity ranking poll, "Attack Japan" came in 14th.

Someone should just name their band "Attack Japan!"

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there a threshold Trump could cross to where when he orders a nuclear strike the military holds off and waits for someone else to confirm it first?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Hobo Clown posted:

Is there a threshold Trump could cross to where when he orders a nuclear strike the military holds off and waits for someone else to confirm it first?

There was for Nixon although it was technically illegal.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Overthrow the government start again imo

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Hobo Clown posted:

It depends. Are the launch codes short enough to fit into one tweet?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

LeeMajors posted:

Everyone should watch this.

I've never heard Ben Shapiro speak, but it somehow less tolerable than I imagine. But holy poo poo Zoey was going to murder him right there on TV. Beautiful moment.

Shapiro is an rear end in a top hat.

I think if she had kicked his rear end not a single person in that room would have felt too bad about it. Nor should they have.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hobo Clown posted:

legally no but the us military managed to not blow up the world during numerous near catastrophic fuckups during the cold war so trump throwing a tantrum wouldn't be as much of a problem because they can always stonewall him with following proper protocols and the like

the military isn't going to say anything publicly because deference to the chain of command is what they're all about but they aren't blindly going to follow trump's word, because modern western militaries train soldiers to resist following illegal orders as well as the more trump does dumb poo poo like define pentagon policy via twitter the more he undercuts the military's trust in his leadership

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uXLzZyucI

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Hobo Clown posted:

There's no legal oversight on the President's authority wrt to nukes. There are multiple human steps where people could potentially defy him.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bicyclops posted:

Someone should just name their band "Attack Japan!"

Only if they go on tour with a band named "Attack, Japan!" and do nothing but battle of the bands style gigs.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Just to be clear, people thought he was talking about striking North Korea because of his first tweet, right?

I know we're all scarred of Trump with nukes, but why are we worrying NOW about it? Especially since that wasn't what he was leading into

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Soylent Yellow posted:

It depends. Are the launch codes short enough to fit into one tweet?

https://twitter.com/nonstrategic/status/773618079523868674

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

Just to be clear, people thought he was talking about striking North Korea because of his first tweet, right?

I know we're all scarred of Trump with nukes, but why are we worrying NOW about it? Especially since that wasn't what he was leading into

Because he now has the perfect toady who will stroke his vanity and indulge all of his worst impulses.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

North Korea has a working ICBM they have tested that can definitely reach SF and can probably reach NYC. They also have working nuclear devices they have tested.

Kim's whole plan has been to not end up strung up on the street like Qaddafi or hanged after a tribunal like Saddam. He got his deterrent. It's just that its usefulness with Trump is somewhat questionable. But it's better than nothing.

So yes, if the US strikes NK, there might be retaliatory attack and it might wipe out half of a major city. And the rest they'll drop on Seoul and Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Willo567 posted:

Because the guys with the nukes were worried that's what might be happening. They didn't think "nah, Trump would talk to us before declaring war."

• Locked thread