Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009
Is there any point in paying more than $30 for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
more starter gold i guess

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

lalaland posted:

This videogame is actually a siren's lure for brokenbrained people to become a burning effigy for the mad god of poopsocking.

The grind is horrible. I cant imagine they'll keep it like this though

im the burning effigy and a slave to watching numbers go up

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agonist posted:

Is there any point in paying more than $30 for this?

Fancy thing around your avatar so people know how much money you tossed into the trash.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

lalaland posted:

This videogame is actually a siren's lure for brokenbrained people to become a burning effigy for the mad god of poopsocking.

The grind is horrible. I cant imagine they'll keep it like this though

Titan 5 days into Eve guys.

straller
Dec 17, 2013

Have Some Flowers! posted:

ah man, goons are like what, 30+ grown-rear end men on average and that's still a thing?

Yes, there is no need to grow up.

Fanzen
Feb 15, 2009
Some other dumb goons are getting me to play this.
ign: Erikin
discord: Fanzen

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

BadLlama posted:

Fancy thing around your avatar so people know how much money you tossed into the trash.

If you got a head start for multiple betas and launch the 100 was worth out. Mounts are cheap now, do no, not at all. Go cheap, but gold instead.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

EDIT: Got authed!

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 26, 2017

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Mrens posted:

then I discovered RTS mode and feel silly.

Welp, I'm silly now too. The game just got way better.

Legend4ry
Feb 3, 2014

Legend4ry posted:

Discord : Legend4ry#8664
Ingame : LawdyPhuccus

Bump for visibility.

I have been Auth'd but not invited to the guild.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Legend4ry posted:

Bump for visibility.

I have been Auth'd but not invited to the guild.

Ask in Mumble.

Also I'm - can the crafters please start working on stocking our guild AH even if it's not at 1s but at a discount. I've been doing it with mounts at about 50% of market rate. You won't be making a killing but on the plus side you'll be helping out the guild and taking some load off the main crafters.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

I don't think it's worth it.

So what if you can make a T4 set? You can buy one on the AH for a 10th of the cost of learning to build it yourself.

In a few days you'll be able to wear T5 anyway - and then what? You won't be able to learn to T5 craft at a reasonable rate at all especially if you are using your learning points for combat.

Yeah well, I realize this too late so now I can craft Tier 4 for no raisin.

Went to go do an open world dungeon, got asked to join by strangers. Super excited to do something other than gather and...

It was boring.

All of my abilities were samey and unsatisfying.

Mobs were either trivial or dumpstered us.

I could see no point in even doing this beyond grinding fame for unlocking new weapon skills.

Then I went to do an expedition.

Similarly boring.

I think I've clocked in maybe 12 hours here now? Welp, I tried. I just don't get it. Some of these things looked a lot more fun in youtube videos.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'd suggest looking at gameplay videos of each weapon and reading what role they have in PVP before going with a specific one. I'm really enjoying warbows for PVE because they have a skill in every slot that needs to be aimed and these skills don't channel so you can orb walk. In terms of PVP they're useful for setting up folks with hard CC in ganks, which is right up my alley.

Every time I try out the channeled point and click bow powers I lose my mind over how boring they are, though.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Night Blade posted:

Went to go do an open world dungeon, got asked to join by strangers. Super excited to do something other than gather and...

It was boring.

All of my abilities were samey and unsatisfying.

Mobs were either trivial or dumpstered us.

I could see no point in even doing this beyond grinding fame for unlocking new weapon skills.

Then I went to do an expedition.

Similarly boring.

I think I've clocked in maybe 12 hours here now? Welp, I tried. I just don't get it. Some of these things looked a lot more fun in youtube videos.

Kill some mans. Seek out a red zone gank squad to roll with. The game is PvP after all and ganks are fun.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If that's not your jam you can truck supplies from Caerleon to Baltimore. Different side of the same coin. Dodging broke dick gankers who can't intercept anything faster than a resource node is thrilling. Rewards are fantastic for doing a run all the way from Thetford through Red to Caerleon through Baltimore. If you are risk adverse, carry your full weight in T2 cloth stacks. If you wanna live life on the edge, buy your carry weight in T3 Leather for a larger bet.

Know that sometimes or most times you get got. Sometimes you just run into exactly 8 people on your prefered path. Don't sweat it and don't get caught next time sucka.

Byrdman
Sep 2, 2014
Post for auth:

Ingame: Byrdwoman
Mumble: Byrdman
Discord: Byrdman #3297

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Night Blade posted:

PvE in Albion is garbage. It's no different than PvE in EVE. You will never hear anyone praise EvE for exciting PvE and you will never hear the same about Albion.

PvE is not the focus. It really is just filler and a way to fame grind - think of it as nothing more than minions in league of ledgends.

Night Blade posted:

Exactly.
Basically what you have done so far, is got into a league match, killed a bunch of creeps and then said "I don't get what the fuss is about"

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 26, 2017

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Basically what you have done so far, is got into a league match, killed a bunch of creeps and then said "I don't get what the fuss is about"

Except league doesnt shove crafting busy work in your face first thing and then make you do that for 10+ hours before you can even think about doing anything else.

But hey, why not; I'll give this one last thing a shot.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 26, 2017

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Night Blade posted:

Except league doesnt shove crafting busy work in your face first thing and then make you do that for 10+ hours before you can even think about doing anything else.

It's also only an hour or so long game (per match) you do need to spend time killing mobs buying gear and crafting items so you can be competitive. The scale is just different. You also never need to craft beyond the first like 20 minutes in Albion. Once we have a good stockpile of stuff in a few months we can probably recruit saying craft for the tutorial then never craft again talk to us for T2 or hit up the town AH it's always stocked get to T3 get to goon land get in a group as an extra with T4 in your inventory and get to T5 in your first night to go out and wreck people in PvP.

Because getting to T5 in a few hours after making an account should be very doable after we are all set up.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Night Blade posted:

But hey, why not; I'll give this one last thing a shot.

Go find a PvP group and go kill people in red or black.

If you can't find one, you can just go gank people in yellow to learn pvp. It's essentially zero risk and you can think of it as pvp tutorial.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Night Blade posted:

If you believe this then you are letting your preconceptions of what you should be doing in an MMO influence your behavior. You don't not have to craft. At all.

I mean ideally you craft something, at least a little. But you do not have to. I do not craft anything except cooking and I do fine. You can make a living in this game being a gatherer who sells materials, or a fighter who PvP's or plunders hell gates, or even a trader who carries goods from market to market, profiting off the regional biomes. Or you could be a person who does nothing but craft.

I don't make any of the gear of I wear. I gather materials and sell them, or provide them to my guild mates (it's a small guild). If I need a bag, I ask our guy who makes bags to give me one. If I need a mount, I ask our guy who raises horses for one. If I need armor... I buy it on the market because we don't have anyone yet who makes leather armor. In turn I put most of the materials I gather into our shared bank, sell the rest, and cook. The leather I deposit I used by our bag maker, and the wood is often carried on trade missions to wood-deficient biomes by another guy. I provide all of us with cooked food and vendor nutrition, animal products for our potion guy, and I sell the rest. Stone is pooled by everyone since we all need it for our islands (but one guy is the stone cutter).

This is how you Albion. Don't do it alone.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 26, 2017

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have 3 active accounts, none of them are crafters. I haven't had a single issue staying geared up, but then I don't do stupid poo poo and die for no reason. I have died a few times but of those mostly I got gear back because I was in a group.

Streamed a few hours last night, some decent fights, lots of kills: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162065751

Please excuse heavy breathing noises throughout stream. I need to figure out how to isolate mumble audio from my stream so I don't get banned when archersnon starts screaming about beating his meat on feet, praise be.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FileNotFound posted:

PvE in Albion is garbage. It's no different than PvE in EVE. You will never hear anyone praise EvE for exciting PvE and you will never hear the same about Albion.

I liked the PvE in EVE and I like it in Albion... I haven't seen the real high end endgame PvE but what I've done so far has been fine and hugely rewarding for relatively small time investment plus actually fun because I'm not in some instanced carebear dungeon, and there's always a chance of smashing another group and taking all their gear plus whatever poo poo they've picked up.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KirbyKhan posted:

Know that sometimes or most times you get got. Sometimes you just run into exactly 8 people on your prefered path. Don't sweat it and don't get caught next time sucka.

Or do what I do and hire a few goons to drive your fully loaded Ox and protect them in t4.2 gear with a t5 mount so you can scout ahead and stay on comms to get active intel on the area. So far haven't lost a caravan yet, praise be Archersnon.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

soy posted:

praise be eonwe

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
Posting for Auth, not like it matters since I'm in a 25 minute queue for this grindfest. In game Woodburger, also looking for others to play with so discord is Woodburger#7626

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Woodburger posted:

Posting for Auth, not like it matters since I'm in a 25 minute queue for this grindfest. In game Woodburger, also looking for others to play with so discord is Woodburger#7626

Queue is a lie, it's much quicker than it says when you get one. Usually no more than 2-4 minutes, if it says 2 hours 45 minutes again like it did on day 3 (day 1 of everyone having access) it'll only take 15-25 minutes. Which is long, but not 3 hours, and I've never heard of anyone getting one longer than a 6 minute wait since that day.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
has eonwe logged in yet this is important

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Woodburger posted:

Msg STEAMENGINE in game or MONSANTO, or better @Dodgin on discord and I'll get you sorted.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yesterday the game told me that I was in for a 26 hour long que.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

turn off the TV posted:

Yesterday the game told me that I was in for a 26 hour long que.

Are you sure that wasn't how long you'd been playing and it was begging you to logout?

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Night Blade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKMLQ_RgJ4A

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

FireWhizzle posted:

:eonwe:

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

I'm a hot mess of T4 weapons but now also have T5 nature staff and am very much loving it.

Also I should probably actually join the guild, whoops.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

Totally saw the spirit of eonwe

Pogue Mahoney
Jul 22, 2004
In game: Sifl

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
IGN: Ipsum

Really liking the warlock staff so far - it chunks so good

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

We are all eonwe. :eonwe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

We are all eonwe. :eonwe:

I like my eonwe the eon way