Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Dylan send a Game Boy with his Pokemon to the President but Trump renamed them all and now Dylan has to play a game where the Pokemon are named DYLANSUX.

Trump is the kind of guy that sends Zigzagoons over wonder trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm playing catchup on the day.

The thing that failed last night was the McConnell/Cruz bill, right? And today's was the 2015 House bill? So we're left with the "skinny repeal" that's an extra concern of passing for a reason because it might just the right shade of bad?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm late to Dylan-Chat but has Dylan been posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HRY4LUl5lc

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Did this get posted?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/07/25/senators-on-hot-mic-trump-is-crazy-im-worried/?utm_term=.82612390d192

Hot Mic

quote:

“I swear, [the Office of Management and Budget] just went through and whenever there was ‘grant,’ they just X it out,” Collins says. “With no measurement, no thinking about it, no metrics, no nothing. It’s just incredibly irresponsible.”

“Yes,” Reed replies. “I think — I think he’s crazy,” apparently referring to the president. “I mean, I don’t say that lightly and as a kind of a goofy guy.”

Whole transcripts pretty good

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Did SHuckS (which is my new favorite name shortening) really cut the conference short when asked about the trans ban? Because christ

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Reik posted:

If you can match the handwriting of the date in the top right to a single person working in the WH you can find who wrote "Dylan's" letter.

If anyone actually tries to do this and comes up with something convincing/funny I will give them a plat/av upgrade cert.

I could really use some fun/levity.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/Emma_Dumain/status/890315819204444163

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Did SHuckS (which is my new favorite name shortening) really cut the conference short when asked about the trans ban? Because christ

no, she threatened to after repeated questioning (which of course was all imaging because they were much happier to be asked about that than about healthcare etc)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

evilweasel posted:

people need to read that politico article, trump has massively hosed up yet again

basically, the House had a problem with their military budget bill: conservatives wouldn't vote for the bill unless it stripped funding for sexual reassignment surgeries, while moderates refused to agree to discriminate against trans people, and they couldn't pass it with moderates + democrats because democrats won't vote for it with funding for The Wall. so, they can't fund the military at all unless they give up the wall. that is...embarrassing.

so Ryan hit on an idea: get Trump to issue an order saying the military won't pay for sexual reassignment surgeries, and the House no longer needs to include it in the legislation at all, it's no longer their problem

so he asked Trump, and Trump appears to have basically misinterpreted what was being asked for and banned all trans people entirely which was not at all what Ryan wanted

and now, even Republicans are like "uh this is a little too segregationey even for me guys" and i bet that bill now gets trapped in a debate over if it should overturn that executive order or not instead of a much quieter funding battle

:shepface:

This is goddamn amazing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

hahaha yeah okay, nothing that doesn't cut taxes is gonna pass. The only reason the Republicans are doing this (aside from Trump's desire to poo poo on Obama's legacy as much as possible) is to cut taxes, they don't give a poo poo about ensuring everyone gets health care.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Oh, that ain't gonna go over will with the HFC.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

What are they even passing if they don't include tax cuts... basically just stripping healthcare from millions because?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
barron wrote the letter yall

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Pakled posted:

hahaha yeah okay, nothing that doesn't cut taxes is gonna pass. The only reason the Republicans are doing this (aside from Trump's desire to poo poo on Obama's legacy as much as possible) is to cut taxes, they don't give a poo poo about ensuring everyone gets health care.

I actually think we're past that point; the Republicans care so much about saying "We repealed Obamacare", they'll actually pass a bill that gives them *nothing they even want*, just to say they did it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

That would be Ben Shapiro. Here's a video that I found on Google and am unable to review for any gross trans-phobia (beyond the original panel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQy70_LPS4

drat

When someone says " You say that again and you'll go home in a ambulance" just like stop talking

Kale
May 14, 2010

Who shall trump seek vengeance on first for today's vote? It might be too late in the day to tweet and besides that's for slowly announcing major policy revisions anyway cause it's more stupid that way.

My guess is it'll be specifically one of the female voters that voted no and it'll be done in the most awkwardly sexist and demanding way possible. Maybe it's Jeff Sessions and Obama fault it was 45-55

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

What are they even passing if they don't include tax cuts... basically just stripping healthcare from millions because?

Because Obama, basically.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Are there any more votes scheduled for today?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

mod sassinator posted:

The cost savings will go directly toward the other giant tax cut for the wealthy

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

quote:

“You’ve got [Budget Director Mick] Mulvaney saying we’re going to put in all sorts of stuff like a border wall. Then you’ve got [Treasury Secretary Steve] Mnuchin saying it’s got to be clean,” Reed continues. “We’re going to be back in September, and, you know, you’re going to have crazy people in the House.”

In a more salacious part of what was recorded, Collins then addressed a radio interview in which Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Tex.) suggested that if Collins were a man, he’d have challenged her to a duel for opposing the Senate Republicans’ Obamacare overhaul bill.

“Did you see the one who challenged me to a duel?” Collins asks.

“I know,” Reed replies. “Trust me. Do you know why he challenged you to a duel? ‘Cause you could beat the s— out of him.”

“Well, he’s huge,” Collins replies. “And he — I don’t mean to be unkind, but he’s so unattractive it’s unbelievable.”

“Did you see the picture of him in his pajamas next to this Playboy bunny?” she continues, referring to an infamous photo of Farenthold, below.

Lol

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mod sassinator posted:

The only people who would be satisfied from this would be deficit hawks, and we all know that Republicans only give a poo poo about the deficit when money's being used to help poor people. Increasing the deficit to cut taxes are A-OK with them.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mod sassinator posted:

Ding ding ding

Obama did a thing, we must destroy thing Obama did

Kale
May 14, 2010

Susan Collins kind of owns and should defect IMO. She doesn't seem to fit the Republican model at all

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

GreyjoyBastard posted:

:shepface:

This is goddamn amazing.

I would pay good money to see the look on Ryan's face as he read Trump's morning tweets and the realization dawned on him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yo i dunno if it's more pathetic if they read a letter from a real little boy at the press briefing or if they made one up.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/890317830754902016

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Kale posted:

Susan Collins kind of owns and should defect IMO. She doesn't seem to fit the Republican model at all

There are no good republicans. If they were good they wouldn't be republican.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ding ding ding

This guy gets it. I'm struggling to think of a major policy drive from the Trump Administration besides the stupid wall thing that doesn't revolve around undoing an Obama era policy and I've got nothing. It always seems to tie back to that. Healthcare, don't ask don't tell poo poo, Paris Agreement,Cuba, school lunch thing, he doesn't give a poo poo about any of this stuff beyond Obamas signature making him see red. If a trivial Obama era policy thing was brought to his attention in the midst of a full blown international crisis he'd choose to focus on overturning that thing first before thinking about dealing with the global crisis no doubt.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Many pages old but:

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

what kid has a trump themed party?

I never had a birthday party in my life, which made my wife really sad, so we're thinking for my next birthday that we'll do all of them. So we'll have face-painting, donkey rides, bouncy castles, pizza, video games, then a sudden shift to booze and loud music, before switching over to ... less booze and not-so-loud music.

Maybe for the year 5 one I should have a Trump party. Maybe I'll do it like when I was actually five and Donald Trump was more cogent although apparently just as creepy.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Reik posted:

Trump is the kind of guy that sends Zigzagoons over wonder trade.

This is shockingly apt, jfc you shouldn't be able to describe a president's worldview and temperament in terms of Pokemon.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ding ding ding

How are they even going to do that if they don't roll back the Medicaid expansion? What's even left to do if they're not getting rid of the expansion or the Obamacare taxes?

The individual mandate is a tax, right? That's what the Supreme Court said? Or does he just mean, like, the medical device tax but they're still going to cut the mandate?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Actually, my new favorite thing about the letter is the fact that the kid asks Trump how much money he has.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Many pages old but:

I never had a birthday party in my life, which made my wife really sad, so we're thinking for my next birthday that we'll do all of them. So we'll have face-painting, donkey rides, bouncy castles, pizza, video games, then a sudden shift to booze and loud music, before switching over to ... less booze and not-so-loud music.

Maybe for the year 5 one I should have a Trump party. Maybe I'll do it like when I was actually five and Donald Trump was more cogent although apparently just as creepy.

Did you grow up in a JW family?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

Actually, my new favorite thing about the letter is the fact that the kid asks Trump how much money he has.

Of course, it's Mueller's grandson, Dylan. :tinfoil:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

We elected the "dance puppets dance" poster president.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/890286981133021185

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

"Can you give me some? My mummy says soon we will need it to pay for medissin"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Cabbit posted:

How are they even going to do that if they don't roll back the Medicaid expansion? What's even left to do if they're not getting rid of the expansion or the Obamacare taxes?

The individual mandate is a tax, right? That's what the Supreme Court said? Or does he just mean, like, the medical device tax but they're still going to cut the mandate?

You're trying to use logical thinking to explain this like it makes sense

Stop and imagine that you are thirty thousand people who listen to Fox, Rush, and Hannity all day long, and all of you are shrieking

The Republican Congress is trying to do something to silence your screams, that's all

Since.this is SA, if it helps, just imagine that the Republican Congress is trying to placate Slaanesh so it goes back to sleep

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

fsif posted:

They voted to move the healthcare bill forward while people screamed "shame" at them from the rafters, another CNN spotlight isn't going to change their minds.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

fsif posted:

That was clear months before the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Trabisnikof posted:

Even the kid wants Trump to release his taxes

• Locked thread