Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This is the content I crave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Lol at tf2 being pay2win. Notorious server decimating market gardeners, ahhh there's guys slowly parachuting down from the skies with shovels instead of shotguns ahhhh theres a scout shooting baseballs out every minute ahhhhhh that sniper can't kill me in one shot anymore ahhhhhhh.

Tf2 was not pay to win. Pay to look good sure, pay to gimmick yup. Pay to Congo? I did. Pay to win? Naw

Nevvy Z posted:

If the other player has more choices than you, and those choices you don't have aren't strictly worse than your choices, the other player has an advantage.

What non stock loadout is better?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ok now I know what I need in this game

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 26, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xB3pV90Bk

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol at tf2 being pay2win. Notorious server decimating market gardeners, ahhh there's guys slowly parachuting down from the skies with shovels instead of shotguns ahhhh theres a scout shooting baseballs out every minute ahhhhhh that sniper can't kill me in one shot anymore ahhhhhhh.

Tf2 was not pay to win. Pay to look good sure, pay to gimmick yup. Pay to Congo? I did. Pay to win? Naw

i havent played TF2 in forever but wasnt the chargy electric rocket launcher a straight up upgrade

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Yodzilla posted:

This is the content I crave.

I found a really fun glitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeYhZTF8YTE

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

i havent played TF2 in forever but wasnt the chargy electric rocket launcher a straight up upgrade

No, it doesn't damage turrets for poo poo

Tf2 isn't and has never been pay to win

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

hawowanlawow posted:

No, it doesn't damage turrets for poo poo

Tf2 isn't and has never been pay to win

Thank you! It's so weird to see that people have this perception of TF2.

Adding crates sort of ruins the reputation of the game, I guess...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This game could use a button to mute every mic on the plane and then unmute when you get off.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
The Loch and Load was definitely considered superior to the regular nade launcher before being nerfed. You can also see a whole laundry list of balance changes on the latest TF2 blog entry, where they are nerfing or buffing a large number of weapons, some of which have been unchanged for years previously.

TF2 isn't/ wasn't a game I would immediately describe as "pay to win" because they made sure to keep the stock weapons competitive...in most situations. When you add that many new weapons to the game, with 9 classes and untold number of maps, then eventually you are going to end up with weapons that are stronger in some situations. If your medic can switch between the ubercharge and the kritzkrieg depending on the situation, and the enemy medic cant, then your medic has the advantage even though the ubercharge isn't necessarily more powerful than the kritz.

So I don't really blame people of being wary of pay-to-win when microtransactions are introduced to a game. Luckily it's really easy to sidestep that poo poo by just adding cosmetics, and CS:GO has proven that can still rake in mad cash. My only worry in PUBG is they'll add clothing that blends in too well in certain maps.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This game could use a button to mute every mic on the plane and then unmute when you get off.

Ctrl+alt T toggles muting I believe.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Just Chamber posted:

Ok now I know what I need in this game

It was the closest thing to game breaking because a good Congo dance line would be over half the server from both teams. I almost made it dancing the entire way next to the cart on pl_upward, only died with a little bit left. Pubg would make funny money off the tf2 model but I hope it doesn't go there and become too goofy like h1z1.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I think it's a pretty easy solution because the default skins are your best bet for blending in while everything else is gonna be loud as gently caress. Which is good. They better give us a fuckin chicken suit because you know only the proest of the pro will be rocking that.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

huh.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

What is the glitch here?

Vietcong mode unlocked!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Ctrl+alt T toggles muting I believe.

Just make sure you're in push-to-talk mode for your mic cause otherwise when you unmute you'll be open mic'd for the entirety of your game.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Im starting to think lag is a big factor sometimes. I started punching a dude way before he started hitting me(sneak attack from behind) and he still won the fight.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

I think it's a pretty easy solution because the default skins are your best bet for blending in while everything else is gonna be loud as gently caress. Which is good. They better give us a fuckin chicken suit because you know only the proest of the pro will be rocking that.

Nah, the pros will wear whatever blends in the most and get all pissy when some scrub in a chicken suit kills them.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Playing with my try hard little brother the other day, I pick up one of those long coats and he's all "don't wear that it makes you easier to spot!" I just laughed at him and was like, "bish, fashion!"

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Inspector_666 posted:

What is the glitch here?

A downed person can't get into a hut unless they go in backwards

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

FiftySeven posted:

When all is said and done, I don't think I could ever find fault with someone for opposing micro transactions on principle, especially when you are already playing full price to essentially beta test a game. These games earn a staggeringly large amount of money, easily enough to fund ongoing support for the game for a long long time, they simply do it because they know that idiots* will pay for it. On the other hand though, I will stop at nothing until I have a Battle Royale costume and I hate myself for it. Its the same with Overwatch, but at least that allows you to unlock crates through regular gameplay.

Calling someone a whiny baby or whatever because they think micro-transactions are bullshit is definitely going too far the other way though.

*like me

To be fair PUBG isn't a full priced game, it's 30 bucks.

I was saying to a mate if they ever introduced micro-transactions to pubg that'd be it - it'll be one of the biggest games of all time. That's because people love PUBG, and people also love gambling and customization. Think about the fever that was TF2 hats or still is CSGO weapon skins.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Playing with my try hard little brother the other day, I pick up one of those long coats and he's all "don't wear that it makes you easier to spot!" I just laughed at him and was like, "bish, fashion!"

Kids don't know poo poo

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

abigserve posted:

To be fair PUBG isn't a full priced game, it's 30 bucks.

I was saying to a mate if they ever introduced micro-transactions to pubg that'd be it - it'll be one of the biggest games of all time. That's because people love PUBG, and people also love gambling and customization. Think about the fever that was TF2 hats or still is CSGO weapon skins.

If you're paying more than 30 bucks for a game 99% of the time you're a goddamn fool

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
why is having cosmetic crates not be free making people angry?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Apparently Reddit is reporting that BP will be reset with the next patch, so get your sex change operations before that happens and dump the rest on crates. I'm gonna get so many red t-shirts.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Kids don't know poo poo

I started a new rule where I don't get to start with anything but underwear and I have to kill someone and take their clothes to get clothes. I've improved like 1000% already. I guess I just needed the proper motivation.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

DrNutt posted:

I started a new rule where I don't get to start with anything but underwear and I have to kill someone and take their clothes to get clothes. I've improved like 1000% already. I guess I just needed the proper motivation.

This but their flesh

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Apparently that rocket launcher if you aren't against an engineer. Hence the whole emphasis on it being based on options. Of course you don't have a huge advantage all the time, but statistically it's an edge.

There's no data I know of on how clothing contributes to being spotted. As long as you can't pay to start with a g-suit it's not a big deal I'm sure.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

DrNutt posted:

This is what I do, because it owns

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

This is what I do, because it owns

It's like being a body snatcher!

I kill you, take your guns, and everything you know and love.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I need to figure out why I can kill a guy at mid range running sideways using a pistol, but I can't get a headshot with an AKM on a guy heading straight at me in a buggy. :gonk:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I need to figure out why I can kill a guy at mid range running sideways using a pistol, but I can't get a headshot with an AKM on a guy heading straight at me in a buggy. :gonk:

Im really suspicious of the net code in this game

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
If by netcode you mean my aiming then yes I agree.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Someone will pay 8 bucks for actually-squeaking oversized clown shoes cosmetic item.

Someone will murder a dozen people in school wearing actually-squeaking oversized clown shoes cosmetic item.

:getin:

I don't mind exclusive items, and I don't mind pay2crate, but for something "purely cosmetic" there should be an avenue to acquire it throuh gameplay, even if it's korean MMO levels of grinding to get it. Events, limiteds, crossovers, exclusives, those get a "key only" pass; compare to the twitch lucha mask - yeah, you could link and get it free, but :effort: or you could hit the marketplace and :homebrew: one for yourself.

What pisses me off more is possibly that the increasing price of a crate weekly has no correlation to increased rarity, your 700 crate drops the same chances of tan fingerless gloves that the 4900 crate has.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

drat I'm gonna be super disappointed if we don't get a chicken outfit now

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

If by netcode you mean my aiming then yes I agree.

Ehhh maybe, but for instance I don't trust Melee fights at all, times when I'm sure I've hit the guy with an ax it doesn't seem to register

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Im really suspicious of the net code in this game

I feel like the netcode is dependable and the problem is in my brain.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Could always just be both.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Ehhh maybe, but for instance I don't trust Melee fights at all, times when I'm sure I've hit the guy with an ax it doesn't seem to register

Oh melee is just straight garbage. The whole system needs to be scrapped and overhauled in a big bad way. Punches currently hurt more than a goddamn machete, collision sucks, and random animations that have different swing arcs and timing is just the worst loving idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

VulgarandStupid posted:

Apparently Reddit is reporting that BP will be reset with the next patch, so get your sex change operations before that happens and dump the rest on crates. I'm gonna get so many red t-shirts.

Where does it say this

• Locked thread