Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take the bus from EPCOT to Grand Floridian then boat to MK, you'll save yoruself wayyyy more headaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Dragon Challenge is closing at Universal soon. Didn't ever really like it but the queue both times was amazing (before potterland and after).

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Empress Brosephine posted:

Also Dragon Challenge is closing at Universal soon. Didn't ever really like it but the queue both times was amazing (before potterland and after).

This is actually sort of interesting from a coasternerd standpoint. I don't think a single B&M has ever been completely dismantled, but Universal's lack of ties with a (geographically) larger chain makes it hard to imagine it going to another park.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That's a shame. It was a great coaster (at least when it still dueled). And I will bet it will be replaced by yet another 3D movie attraction thing.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I was going to say Orochi in Japan closed but it looks like it eventually moved to France.

Technically Hulk 1 was the first B&M to be scrapped.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're replacing t with a whole new coaster. I had heard this rumor a couple months ago, I guess there was a problem with people getting hurt on the ride still or something lol.

Still, IoA is a great park and has the mos ripening day attractions left I think out of all parks in Orlando?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zero One posted:

That's a shame. It was a great coaster (at least when it still dueled). And I will bet it will be replaced by yet another 3D movie attraction thing.

They described the new ride as a "coaster experience", so I think they're utilizing the full footprint.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

If I buy my AP online, can I still use it to get MNSSHP tickets discounted? I know I have to activate it first when I physically get to the parks (which won't be for a couple of months) but I'd like to take advantage of the discount beforehand. I know I can make my FPs and stuff in advance so I'm curious. Didn't buy the AP yet, hence the question.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 24, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Whatley posted:

If I buy my AP online, can I still use it to get MNSSHP tickets discounted? I know I have to activate it first when I physically get to the parks (which won't be for a couple of months) but I'd like to take advantage of the discount beforehand. I know I can make my FPs and stuff in advance so I'm curious. Didn't buy the AP yet, hence the question.

Yes, youll have to pick up your tickets at the gates and show your AP card but you can do it. you can also get the discounts on rooms etc right now.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

chitoryu12 posted:

They described the new ride as a "coaster experience", so I think they're utilizing the full footprint.

Gringotts is also a coaster. With lots of screens and 3D glasses.

There is a general feeling in the theme park fan community that Uni has been relying on screens too long for too many attractions. It's made almost all of their new rides interchangeable and losing a real Rollercoaster for another ride that might be more screens (even if it has coaster track like Gringotts) would still be a disappointment.

But I could be wrong. They may surprise us. Still reading other sites most people hate this decision.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, thanks to Braksgirl, we are going to try out the Grand Floridian next year so we can properly compare them for her business. I've never stayed for a full stay at a monorail resort, so I'm really interested to see how much we use it (We have tried a half stay before). I have visions of visiting Epcot, riding a couple of rides or having dinner, then scootching back to watch some fireworks at MK or some late night Space Mountain. :)

Properly compare them for my business. Yeah. That's the ticket.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Sat through a DVC pitch for copper creek. Got a $50 gift card for the trouble. Thanks for covering drinks at Trader Sam's, Disney.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They give gift cards now instead of 3 fastpasses? Must be desperate times

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

It'll probably be a VR coaster. The new one at Sea World actually looks pretty fun!

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Edna Mode posted:

It'll probably be a VR coaster. The new one at Sea World actually looks pretty fun!

I think VR is the best we can hope for instead of another 3D/screen experience.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Busch Gardens and Sea World have been KILLING it for the past few years. It's a shame they don't get more attention. Cheetah Hunt and cobras curse are both really fun "family" coasters, imho Cheetah Hunt is best in the world, and SeaWorld has classics. I haven't been on Mako yet, I gained alot of weight moving down here (southern charm lol) and I refuse to go on real coasters where im too big i think im going to die, but its on my list.

If it was exclusively a VR coaster they would've just kept the coaster and added the goggles, so I don't think it's that. I bet it's more of a Gringotts thing.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

imho Cheetah Hunt is best in the world

Until Slink opens! :smug:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does slink even have a drop

also bottom liner do you know of any board game stores near your area that has arkham hororr LCG in stock

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

They give gift cards now instead of 3 fastpasses? Must be desperate times

They do both. March 2016 we did a tour, got 3 fast passes and either a 50 or 100 dollar gift card. I've seen both offers. The round trip transportation is nice as well. Pick you up wherever you are, and take you anywhere you want to go on property.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

skipdogg posted:

They do both. March 2016 we did a tour, got 3 fast passes and either a 50 or 100 dollar gift card. I've seen both offers. The round trip transportation is nice as well. Pick you up wherever you are, and take you anywhere you want to go on property.

Yup, and some complimentary drinks during the pitch. Fairly pleasant experience.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we only got fastpass and drinks >:(

oh yeah and endless spammng of my cellphone for 3 months

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

does slink even have a drop

also bottom liner do you know of any board game stores near your area that has arkham hororr LCG in stock

I emailed ya back

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nathilus posted:

It apparently happened in 2016 but will not in 2017 as far as I can tell.

liessss! They're doing Parties for the Senses just like normal! My family tries to do one every other year and this is our off year, but they still have 5 dates ready to go.

If you have the chance, you should totally do one. there is some absolutely fabulous food and all the beer/wine you can drink, and the entertainment is generally pretty good too.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

If anyone's been to universal studios in the last few months can they confirm if they are still selling the revenge of the mummy medjai pendant? I lent my nephew and niece mines and they said they were stopped constantly by guests asking where they got it as they weren't selling it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
New Star Wars photos

http://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/890169471037558785

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
have they done anything to the disney quest building yet

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
They filed a permit but nothing done yet.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

DC Murderverse posted:

liessss! They're doing Parties for the Senses just like normal! My family tries to do one every other year and this is our off year, but they still have 5 dates ready to go.

If you have the chance, you should totally do one. there is some absolutely fabulous food and all the beer/wine you can drink, and the entertainment is generally pretty good too.

Yeah I've done it several times before and it's one of my favorite things on the planet. Look at the beginning od this thread and how much I talked about it. Gonna have to get on top of this and push some cs people.

What? Godammit, noooooo! Its my favorite coaster. :( And gently caress its gonna be closed before I get there so I dont even get a farewell ride. Butt status: extremely hurt

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 26, 2017

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

My mom is extremely curious about whats up with party for the senses this year bur I sure as hell dont want to link her here. Does anyone have any concrete info on the 2017 plans I could give her? Everyone at wdw she's talked to has told her its not happening, and as far as web trawling, I've only been able to find 2016 info.

Edit: Ah I found something, nm. Looks like the last one is just before we arrive and conpletely booked already anyway.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 26, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for reference:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/food-wine-party-for-senses/

if youre not going to buy something don't bother calling WDW; like I said, 9 out of ten cast members will sit there and tell you something false just to get you off the phone. Like when i was there we had special things we'd say to get you to either:

A: Call back later
B: Ask to be transferred elsewhere to be someone elses problem

Disney outsources all their QA to India (surprise; someone in india sees your credit card number also), who have no idea what the product is. The QA phase for phone agents goes like this:

A: Did you ask them if they're celebrating anything?
B: Did you verify 3 points of interest?
C: Did you look for something / offer something for them to purchase?

Also if you buy tickets over the phone make sure you're informed of the price you should be paying. It wasn't uncommon for agents to quote a guest a ticket price on a multi day ticket with memory maker automatically in the quote and then not tell them until they check out. Reason why is:

A: Agents make the most money off of Memory maker and it bumps your points per call way up (which you have a threshhold of 50 points per call that you have to make or youre fired)
B: Quoting a high price scares away the locals who just call to ask what the price is then get mad when its not as cheap as seaworld

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Yeah I found that page.

And man, as a former cast member myself I've had the complete opposite experience with the disney phone cs peeps. Of course my experiences are all over a decade old now so that might be the difference.

This time around I even suggested to my mom making all the reservations though the phone rather than the web system since we had a little wiggle room in multiple different ways, and from my experience the info the cs operaters have can make the choices in that kind of situation easier. They helped her find the cheapest time period during our window, and a reasonable alternative for our first choice hotel which was already booked since this was a comparatively last minute kinda deal.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh yeah Hotels cast members seem decent, I was speaking about tours activities dining and tours, sorry.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Oh yeah Hotels cast members seem decent, I was speaking about tours activities dining and tours, sorry.

Yeah its the hotels people Ive mostly talked to. And to reiterate, I like using them because they have all the vacancy and so forth info right in front of them which, even now with all the internet connectivity all the databases have, makes choosing easier.

Also once my fam went when AK Lodge was empty as hell, and we got upgraded to a savannah view room from a mid priced resort (port orleans french quarter) room for drat near free. Owned.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Marty Sklar passed away yesterday.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/marty-sklar-legendary-disney-imagineer-dies-at-83-1024930

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D23 and TCM are doing a special complimentary goodbye event to Great Movie Ride which includes a breakfast...

https://d23.com/d23-event/celebrate-great-movie-ride/

you can get a free TCM Backlot membership for 30 days also soooo

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bummed about this. We saw him speak at EPCOT last year and he was the nicest guy and super inspirational. He gave me a new respect for Small World after explaining why it was always his favorite attraction and the meaning behind it for Walt.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Sad! I never met him, but he was hercules to some people I worked with. Reportedly not just a good engineer with a fine sense of fantasy, but also a genuinely kind and warm person.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Hooooly merch coming to Epcot for their 35th

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/07/begin-to-dream-with-retro-inspired-merchandise-for-35th-anniversary-of-epcot-this-fall/

I've also seen other pins floating around online such as The Living Seas, Kitchen Kabaret, etc.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Will buy every Figment thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If that anniversary magic band does some cool lights and sounds, I might be picking it up for my collection. Still holding out for a food and wine fest band that features a champagne cork pop or something similar.