Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Isn't it too early to "give up" on Wiggins in a trade for Kyrie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I, too, would advise against working in sports statistics/analysis.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

TV Zombie posted:

Not really giving up if your getting an young all-star in return. I think Wiggins can be at that level too, but he still needs development and there is always risk. I don't think he'll be a generational-type guy though.

Think of it another way, which would you rather have. Kyrie Irving or a guy who might become as good as Kyrie Irving?

I don't think Cleveland will do that since (as has been posted for years) Wiggins does not match the rest of the team in terms of development, so they'd need to bounce him somewhere else, and I am not sure where he'd go that would get the return Cleveland would want.

edit: vvvvvvv

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I wouldn't do it. All the pressure is on the Cavs to movie Kyrie, let them get desperate and take the lowball.

Or, you know, get two more years of Kyrie Irving.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 26, 2017

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

I wouldn't do it. All the pressure is on the Cavs to movie Kyrie, let them get desperate and take the lowball.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

OH drat LILLARD IS MAD

https://twitter.com/Dame_Lillard/status/890282140687978496

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ratzinc posted:

I know it doesn't matter what Wiggins wants, but would Wiggins even want to go back to the Cavs? He usually turns his game up to 11 against them.

Edit: Unfucked my Wiggin's

I liked it a lot more when I thought you thought his name was Andrew Wiggin. drat you

I feel like I say it every week but I really don't like Dame Lillard. He's a namesearcher, looking for any chance he can get to feel slighted

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Working for a pro sports team seems a lot like working in gaming or a bunch of other careers where you're supposed to put up with being treated like poo poo and paid drastically less than your peers for the privilege of Living the Dream or whatever bullshit.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Isn't that the same guy who just got Bieber to cancel his world tour

That guy is a menace

I do know that when I used to have to go to church as a condition for rent in my late youth HillSong was the most tolerable band of the popular ones, I could see them becoming like a super manipulative actual church if they're related to the music group.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/cwmwrites/status/890305292851978240

:thunk:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Kyrie is going to be traded before Carmelo, 2017 owns.

(Carmelo will not be traded before opening day.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

I feel like I say it every week but I really don't like Dame Lillard. He's a namesearcher, looking for any chance he can get to feel slighted

Yeah it's really bad.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Do NBA teams need a chemist???

good team chemistry is a must

Ratzinc posted:

Edit: Unfucked my Wiggin's

New thread title pls

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
They are better but still not good (I do like the home jersey) https://twitter.com/UpTheThunder/status/890310390197956610

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

Is anyone going to sign Nerlens? Man him and his agent really miscalculated on this offseason. I feel like with a good attitude the Sixers would have signed him for like 4-5 years/$16M a year as a very expensive backup. Wonder what he's looking at now?

I thought a 2+1 (player option ) would have been perfect but Noel insisted on starting . :shrug:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao

https://twitter.com/8pts9secs/status/890310899516542976

In response to

https://twitter.com/Krisplashed/status/890310172345847809

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

You guys really could have done better though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

No

Kyrie is 10000000,000000,000,00,999999%x better then Wiggans

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

You guys really could have done better though.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe Sabonis's dad is gonna swap places Morris-twin style with Domantas this year and you guys will be unstoppable

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Maybe Sabonis's dad is gonna swap places Morris-twin style with Domantas this year and you guys will be unstoppable

He's just going to upload all his skills into Domantas and he's going to take Venom a la Bane.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Wiggins is like a worse defensive HB

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

leftist heap posted:

Working for a pro sports team seems a lot like working in gaming or a bunch of other careers where you're supposed to put up with being treated like poo poo and paid drastically less than your peers for the privilege of Living the Dream or whatever bullshit.

Sounds like a political job with more stability.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBAStan_/status/890292423162834945

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

E2M2 posted:

Barnes is a good comp, but Wiggins is much better offensively than Barnes was at his age and Wiggins creates his offense more than Barnes does. Barnes at 21 was still pretty bad offensively. Wiggins has had a brand new Head Coach every year of his career so far, but I think he can get in the same area as far as defensive effectiveness as Barnes, especially in versatility.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

They are better but still not good (I do like the home jersey) https://twitter.com/UpTheThunder/status/890310390197956610

Mavs should do that but stylize it like a giant belt buckle.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

E2M2 posted:

lol

Is Wiggins slander now even more fashionable than trashing Barnes?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

He's maybe better than dame and that's it

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

That's Gay

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

He looks like he'd be doing a hair flip if he had long hair.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes this guy!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Papes posted:

He's maybe better than dame and that's it

He's significantly better than Wall, apart from durability. Wall is just a terrible shooter and not even a remarkable finisher to make up for it. He had a career high (!) TS% of .541 last year, good for 59th among minutes leaderboard qualified guards, tied with Buddy Hield and Deron Williams and just .002 better than Ricky Rubio.

But he's not as good as Lillard, at all.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

euphronius posted:

Rose only got 2.1 million omg

Strawberry Panda posted:

2.1 million is the contract Derrick Rose was thinking about at that presser 2 years ago lol.

“This whole summer I had tunnel vision. My mindset was just making sure that I was working out every day, and spending as much time as possible with my son,” Rose said. “And focusing on those two things. Making sure my family is financially stable, as far as seeing all the money that they’re passing out in this league. Just telling the truth. Just knowing that my day will be coming up soon, and it’s not for me. It’s for P.J. (his son) and his future, so that’s what I’m thinking about now.’’

Rose is so generous putting aside the 35+ million USD per year he had in his head. He just stamped his golden ticket to the 2018 NBA finals. Perhaps he will win that J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award.

"Inexplicable." lol

1984 and 1988 were leap years so they were statistically more likely to contain an MVP.

EvanTH posted:

...the refs handing it to the wrong team for the inbounds and then missing the most blatant backcourt violation since game 4 of the NBA finals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bMS1p5olo

I condemn the NBA for this! Warriors would've gone 16-0 but nefarious Dan Gilbert needed extra money and petitioned the NBA BOG to intervene.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 26, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DeimosRising posted:

He's significantly better than Wall, apart from durability. Wall is just a terrible shooter and not even a remarkable finisher to make up for it. He had a career high (!) TS% of .541 last year, good for 59th among minutes leaderboard qualified guards, tied with Buddy Hield and Deron Williams and just .002 better than Ricky Rubio.

But he's not as good as Lillard, at all.

Wall is an infinitely better defender and distributor, though. I wonder if the looks he creates for teammates equalizes out his deficiency in scoring.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

AggressivelyStupid posted:

angular is supertrash

thanks for making this post. so much for the spurs championship hopes imo

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Kibner posted:

Wall is an infinitely better defender and distributor, though. I wonder if the looks he creates for teammates equalizes out his deficiency in scoring.

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/890286142523809792

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wall doesn't play with lebron so ..

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Kibner posted:

Right, Wall is a double double machine and a pretty dang good defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

please don't disaparage Nicky 30 Feet

I promise to watch more Bulls games next year if he's given 15-20 of those nice 35 foot 3P attempts each game.

euphronius posted:

ANDRE DRUMMOND: 5 years, $130 million with Pistons
CHANDLER PARSONS: 4 years, $94 million with Grizzlies
JOAKIM NOAH: 4 years, $72 million with Knicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkkfuSizc4&t=14s

Cool Buff Man posted:

"When you introduce a male and a female together, and they decide to get married and have a kid, now you have a blessing and you've done your job." is one of the strangest things I have ever read

That's called marriage and procreation and matchmaking.

• Locked thread