Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

VideoGames posted:

I have very nearly reached level 70 with my seasonal Necromancer. It is tough as nails getting these last 14 or so levels and I'm playing on normal!

I jumped to expert or whatever the hardest difficulty for normal nerds is called after my first day of playing and never looked back. I accidentally hit 70 in the middle of trying to hunt down whimsyshire items. Necromancer is fun and easy.

I have a question about those skelemage rings, if anyone else knows the answer. So I get why it's so useful to have in the cube now. But does it stack if you cube it and then equip a second?

EDIT: Also the big bad raper guy is a complete chump because the basic bone spike thing will stun him on whatever difficulty I was playing so the whole fight was just an embarrassment of me holding down attack and sending hordes of skeletons to stab his butt.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No legendary effects can be stacked by wearing one and cubing the other.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Well that's good to know going on into the future.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

I made a necro this season, all excited to try it out. I have never played a pet class before(never did a WD run), and I am slowly starting to realize that I don't like it much. I am at Paragon 450, and able to run a 67 GR in time, but I can't push through a 69 GR.

Half tempted to just start over with a Monk or Crusader, because that is what I know how to play.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
is there a good farming build that doesnt require a million specific items

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Colt Cannon posted:

I made a necro this season, all excited to try it out. I have never played a pet class before(never did a WD run), and I am slowly starting to realize that I don't like it much. I am at Paragon 450, and able to run a 67 GR in time, but I can't push through a 69 GR.

Half tempted to just start over with a Monk or Crusader, because that is what I know how to play.

Are you missing key items? I cleared GR70 last night at about paragon 200.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

dangerdoom volvo posted:

is there a good farming build that doesnt require a million specific items

What character are you starting on? You can begin speedrunning T6+ with this build and only 6pc Tal's + Aether Walker.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Are there any goon guilds that are still taking members?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

exquisite tea posted:

What character are you starting on? You can begin speedrunning T6+ with this build and only 6pc Tal's + Aether Walker.

I'm running that with pretty much no other useful gear except Nemesis Bracers and it's pretty fast in T7, and helps build up the DBs so I can keep upgrading into rings I don't need.

Find myself wishing I had those boots that make your meteors more powerful (Nilfur's something or other). I remember those being pretty handy with a Tal's build from back in some early season, but I feel like I don't see those mentioned in any of the new builds on Icy veins. Do the boots not really fit with any of the current favored Tal's builds?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
If I'm using tals, I'm either going tal/vyr and farming t13/GRs, or going flash fire wiz on t11 with the sage set for extra DBs, which takes up the boots slot.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Witch doctor with cubed bovine polearm + skeleton-summoning necklace, fetish sycophants, six zombie dogs, and cleaving gargantuan. Does it get better than this? Oh, wait, I haven't completed my helltooth set bonus. It does.

edit: oh right, I got the bracers that increase Wall of Death damage by 83% and lets me cast it three times within two seconds. everything is going to melt.

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 26, 2017

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
is necromacner worth buying?

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Stash tabs alone sold some people. Corpse exploding my way to 70 was a good enough RoI for me. They're competitive, just don't expect a zoomancer.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Their best builds are heavily long cooldown dependent and for me that's a non-starter. They have less abilities than any other class as well. Feels rushed.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Their best builds are heavily long cooldown dependent and for me that's a non-starter.
This is literally only important if pushing leaderboards is what you care about, of course. There are tons of different necromancer builds that can do 70-80 just fine, and the 2m cooldowns aren't necessary for all of them (including, incidentally, the Haedrig's Gift for this season).

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I've been having fun with the necromancer. It may be true that (one of) their top GRift-pushing build(s) relies on a skill with a pretty long cooldown to get anything done and generally is dull as dishwater to play, but there's more to the class than that unless you absolutely cannot play a character without running its "best" build.

They're totally going to rework the Pestilence set into something that heavily benefits poison skills, right? :sigh:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One of the stronger builds for Necro right now (Trag w/ pets) requires literally no CDR whatsoever which is why it's my favorite loadout.

MMAgCh posted:

I've been having fun with the necromancer. It may be true that (one of) their top GRift-pushing build(s) relies on a skill with a pretty long cooldown to get anything done and generally is dull as dishwater to play, but there's more to the class than that unless you absolutely cannot play a character without running its "best" build.

They're totally going to rework the Pestilence set into something that heavily benefits poison skills, right? :sigh:

You can have fun with that right now by doing Inarius CE w/ poison runes and cubing the Grim Scythe legendary.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
The necro is powerful and I don't regret buying it because it's nice to play a new class, but it's not the most satisfying way to play that's for sur. WD does pets better and wizard does caster better.

Of the missing classes, they could have done the most with druid imo, but necro was the right marketing choice since it would draw the most people back to buy it.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

exquisite tea posted:

One of the stronger builds for Necro right now (Trag w/ pets) requires literally no CDR whatsoever which is why it's my favorite loadout.

Have you got a link to that build? I wouldn't mind giving it a try as I've got the full Trag set with a couple of anicent pieces.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
i can tell I need to get the Evol ring as soon as humanely possible or I will get RSI from this basic Rathma set gift

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Bad Parenting posted:

Have you got a link to that build? I wouldn't mind giving it a try as I've got the full Trag set with a couple of anicent pieces.

That's the basic idea:
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-trag-oul-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-season-11

For speed clears you can completely drop LotD and just go with Siphon Blood - Blood Sucker, then Death is Life in passives over Blood is Power.

I also like to use Insatiable Belt (A3 cache drop) and the Endless Walk set over the other suggested options here but it's pretty flexible. On non-season I pushed through GR82 with it so it's not a total paper build either.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 26, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I just got my season journey greens on necromancer and am not really sure what to do next. I'm wrecking poo poo up to t9 or so and have a leorics signet and Tasker and Theo cubed. What are some goals to shoot for now?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I just got my season journey greens on necromancer and am not really sure what to do next. I'm wrecking poo poo up to t9 or so and have a leorics signet and Tasker and Theo cubed. What are some goals to shoot for now?

Get gear kill mobs

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gay Horney posted:

Beat a Greater Rift, solo, on level 70.

I recommend trying to get the remaining pieces you need to run this build:

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-skeletal-mages-build-with-rathma-and-jesseth-sets-patch-2-6-season-11

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Suspicious posted:

No. Melee classes get hosed over by fire chains.
I run Azkaranth in my cube for just this reason. Clears and even heals you from mortar, chains, death explosions and quite a few traps. Only comparable one for number of deaths it will save you is Mara's against a couple of rift bosses like Voracity.

spit on my clit posted:

Witch doctor with cubed bovine polearm + skeleton-summoning necklace, fetish sycophants, six zombie dogs, and cleaving gargantuan. Does it get better than this? Oh, wait, I haven't completed my helltooth set bonus. It does.

edit: oh right, I got the bracers that increase Wall of Death damage by 83% and lets me cast it three times within two seconds. everything is going to melt.
There's a totem or whatever that removes the cost of Grasp of the Dead and the spider set will skyrocket the damage of enemies standing in it. I run that instead of Helltooth and get a giant spider pet to go with it.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 26, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The challenge is playing a retarded build tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Yeah it's pretty cool and you get two stash tabs .

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shumagorath posted:

I run Azkaranth in my cube for just this reason. Clears and even heals you from mortar, chains, death explosions and quite a few traps. Only comparable one for number of deaths it will save you is Mara's against a couple of rift bosses like Voracity.

There's a totem or whatever that removes the cost of Grasp of the Dead and the spider set will skyrocket the damage of enemies standing in it. I run that instead of Helltooth and get a giant spider pet to go with it.

I think I know what you're talking about, I have the greaves for it. Arachyr's set?

I also got Wormwood, which gives me a permanent locust swarm that surrounds my character. It spreads to literally every enemy, especially with the cubed Vile Hive :getin: nothing is going to live. It also procs fetish sycophant.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Holy gently caress the Helltooth dungeon is a lovely experience. And I'm not even trying to get the "don't take poison damage" objective.

The little fuckers won't leash worth a drat, and almost all the spawns have less than 20 dudes in them. So I try to leash them to another spawn and maybe only 3-4 out of 10 follow.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Playing a Monk from 1-70 must have been a huge boon because I crushed that Challenge Rift first try with 45sec to spare.

Tag 'em with Fist Bomb or whatever and then Punch the guy with the Blue Bomb on his head.

Skip groups smaller than 4.

DONE

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Solo cleared a 72 with a Helltooth gargantuan build. It was fun for awhile but constantly babysitting 7 literal retards gets tiring and slows down clears. I'm sure I could trudge my way through an 80 via augments but the build just kinda lost its luster.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Floppychop posted:

Holy gently caress the Helltooth dungeon is a lovely experience. And I'm not even trying to get the "don't take poison damage" objective.

The little fuckers won't leash worth a drat, and almost all the spawns have less than 20 dudes in them. So I try to leash them to another spawn and maybe only 3-4 out of 10 follow.

Cube a Mara, run Soul Harvest with whatever that knife that lets you get 10 stacks. Just stand in the groups spamming Soul Harvest while just walking (not running) to the next group. For the Mastery part you need to also cube the offhand that gives you unlimited Spirit Walk. its a really easy set dungeon to cheese.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"Well I've already put 300-500 hours of my life into a game I bought for $60 3-5 years ago... but I wonder if the additional $15 will really be worth the potentially hundreds more hours I will put into this game."

*spends $15 on cigarettes and Mountain Dew, consumes immediately*

Aside from that, Necromancer is arguably the most powerful class in the game out of the box and Corpse Lance is the actual best skill in the game, so by any metric, yes it's worth it.

Anyone going to on tonight around 1 AM EST trying to do the TX boss rush conquest? I already have 5 Billion gold so Avarice doesn't sound like any fun at all, and I crushed the Tx in 2 minutes conquest with some goons in like 3 fishing attempts.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No joke I think people do the "Dollar Per Class" math and think that it's a ripoff because Vanilla was $50 for 5, so $15 for 1 is a 50% markup

$15 is seriously the change from your next Tendies Run

mewse
May 2, 2006

The boss mode conquest is easy with some coordination, we did it with 3 people a season or two ago.

One person has to keep the list of bosses and the list should be sorted from hardest to find to easiest. Person with list assigns the other people to bosses.

Everyone splits up and finds their boss. First person hearths and types in chat that they found their boss. Same with second, and third. Last person to find their boss clicks the entrance and everyone accepts. After boss death, the people with saved TPs waypoint back to camp to use their TPs to go to their saved boss locations (this will probably gently caress up on first attempt because people are used to hitting T after stuff dies)

Once the first round of 4 bosses are down, assign the next four.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bust Rodd posted:

"Well I've already put 300-500 hours of my life into a game I bought for $60 3-5 years ago... but I wonder if the additional $15 will really be worth the potentially hundreds more hours I will put into this game."

*spends $15 on cigarettes and Mountain Dew, consumes immediately*

Aside from that, Necromancer is arguably the most powerful class in the game out of the box and Corpse Lance is the actual best skill in the game, so by any metric, yes it's worth it.

Anyone going to on tonight around 1 AM EST trying to do the TX boss rush conquest? I already have 5 Billion gold so Avarice doesn't sound like any fun at all, and I crushed the Tx in 2 minutes conquest with some goons in like 3 fishing attempts.

I don't smoke, drink dew, or play stupid int classes :colbert:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No joke I think people do the "Dollar Per Class" math and think that it's a ripoff because Vanilla was $50 for 5, so $15 for 1 is a 50% markup

I mean, for me it's not a great deal because I got the game about a week or two ago, and I've still got lots to do before considering a new class, but I can understand it being valuable for people who've played the game for much longer.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"You already make poor spending choices, make another!" I don't know what Tendies is but I promise I'm not dropping a $50 bill there or whatever you're implying

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

I mean, for me it's not a great deal because I got the game about a week or two ago, and I've still got lots to do before considering a new class, but I can understand it being valuable for people who've played the game for much longer.

Def do not buy it

You are the edge case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

"You already make poor spending choices, make another!" I don't know what Tendies is but I promise I'm not dropping a $50 bill there or whatever you're implying

I'm saying it's not very much money. Break a $20 buying a meal off the Mickey D's dollar menu and you've got enough change for the Necro Pack.

What about the necro pack is Poor Spending Choices?