Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Gonna second this.

Hell, when I was playing I made a move so potentially dumb (though I still maintain that it was a good idea) that not only did the thread call me out for it but the in-universe fiction called me out for it. Do your own thing.

Which mission was this again?

Also, nthing the advice for players to play how they want to, and take advice but don't let it dominate their orders. Not everyone has the same experience with BT as some of the commentators (as I know I did when I played), but don't let people nitpicking you get you down. Do your own thing, you might not be making the optimal the best move, but it will still be entertaining if you play to your own orders and pull it off regardless, and that's what we're really here for.

Delaying up top and not moving down quickly definitely might've cost you guys some initiative and made this mission closer than it needs to be, but now that you remember what's important here, play to your strengths and understanding, and do the best you can; don't be afraid to ask for advice and when that advice is given, ignore it for doing your own thing. You'll have more fun doing so, especially since these turns come up so rarely. Yes, this is an important mission with important ramifications story-wise and with important characters as the pilots, but don't let that get to you.

EDIT:Goddamn, that's what I get for not reading to the end of a thread because I think the current page is the last one. We've had some really good missions with real great teams in the past. Still partial to my own, but that was because Hogarth's Heroes was no pressure and the writing and characters and references were so great. The fan art this thread has spawned is amazing as well, I still have a bunch of them saved on my desktop.

And now for the :f5:

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Alright, new strategy: We will start to move up and rescue the northern lance in a few turns. Just hang on until the Jager finishes its rampage.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

GhostStalker posted:

Which mission was this again?

Also, nthing the advice for players to play how they want to, and take advice but don't let it dominate their orders. Not everyone has the same experience with BT as some of the commentators (as I know I did when I played), but don't let people nitpicking you get you down. Do your own thing, you might not be making the optimal the best move, but it will still be entertaining if you play to your own orders and pull it off regardless, and that's what we're really here for.

Delaying up top and not moving down quickly definitely might've cost you guys some initiative and made this mission closer than it needs to be, but now that you remember what's important here, play to your strengths and understanding, and do the best you can; don't be afraid to ask for advice and when that advice is given, ignore it for doing your own thing. You'll have more fun doing so, especially since these turns come up so rarely. Yes, this is an important mission with important ramifications story-wise and with important characters as the pilots, but don't let that get to you.

EDIT:Goddamn, that's what I get for not reading to the end of a thread because I think the current page is the last one. We've had some really good missions with real great teams in the past. Still partial to my own, but that was because Hogarth's Heroes was no pressure and the writing and characters and references were so great. The fan art this thread has spawned is amazing as well, I still have a bunch of them saved on my desktop.

And now for the :f5:

I think it was this one:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329&pagenumber=1367#post449184074

Notable for the debut of the CCAF Earnest Warcrimes squad on that very turn as a dropship torched the entire Comstar building.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
Is he playing the pacific rim theme from the loudspeakers by chance?

KnoxZone posted:

Alright, new strategy: We will start to move up and rescue the northern lance in a few turns. Just hang on until the Jager finishes its rampage.

You and me will hold off the summoner while the Jagermech kill the glass spider?

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011

KnoxZone posted:

You know, when I did some mathing and experimenting to figure out what the odds are of Goons pulling this one off and finding that they were pretty piss poor if north lance didn't drop everything and start rushing over to help, I did not take into account a bunch of golden BBs. Now I'm going to have to look at things again and see how they change with a Mad cat less.

Of course, golden BBs can happen both ways and we don't know yet what damage south lance took in return...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Gwaihir posted:

I think it was this one:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329&pagenumber=1367#post449184074

Notable for the debut of the CCAF Earnest Warcrimes squad on that very turn as a dropship torched the entire Comstar building.

Yeah, I got that after reading the next page of the thread/the last page. That one was a really good mission, brought back a ton of great memories, among the amazing ones we've had in this thread.

Hope this one turns out just as memorable for good reasons and playing. It probably already is because of the story implications and the characters involved here.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 26, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

KnoxZone posted:

Alright, new strategy: We will start to move up and rescue the northern lance in a few turns.

No joke. At this rate the 'Sag' will pop its hatch and Captain Dupont will catch some rays in her cooling vest, up top.

KnoxZone posted:

Just hang on until the Jager finishes its rampage.

This is some MVP material right here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Konpei Island Update 6

“I’m finally getting real comm chatter from the Sword of Light,” Chu-i Rosenberg broadcast. Her hands worked furiously over the Hatamoto-Chi’s console. She’d been trying to find the Sword’s C&C frequency since they’d touched down. Normally her task would have been aided by establishing direct line-of-sight for a brief laser-comm frequency exchange, but Konpei island was a mess of metallic objects and electronic noise. She wasn’t much of a communications officer, but she was better at it than Hawk and Captain Dupont had her hands full.

“They’ve downed two hostiles, but they’re still outnumbered. Isoroku-sama sends his regards for lending him Captain Jagoda. He says she has a ‘Zen Spirit,’” Rosenberg laughed. “Whatever that means.”

Movement Phase
BattleMaster
- Insufficient MP to enter hex 0513: needs 8, has 6! (Remember: turning costs MP!)

Shooting Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 34!

Sagittaire (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 3 heat, sinks 34!

Hatamoto-Chi (Player)
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Mauler (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0607!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Balius (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 5): rolled 8, hit Rear Left Leg (19/27 armor remaining)!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 22!

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Assault Autocannon at Timber Wolf (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (11/36 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Timber Wolf (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Timber Wolf (1 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (27/32 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 20!

Naginata (Player)
- Fires ER PPC at Timber Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Timber Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 10, 15 missiles hit Left Leg (22/27 armor remaining), Right Torso (20/25 armor remaining), Left Arm (14/24 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 at Timber Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 at Timber Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 2 minimum range = 9): rolled 2, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 30!

JagerMech (Player)
- Fires Light Autocannon at Timber Wolf (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Light Autocannon at Timber Wolf (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Timber Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (20/25 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Fires ER Light Autocannon at Timber Wolf (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 10, hit Right Arm (19/24 armor remaining)!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 20!

Summoner
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 20!

Ha Otoko
- Fires LRM-20 at Naginata (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 12, 20 missiles hit Left Torso (21/26 armor remaining), Right Arm (5/25 armor remaining), Left Leg (27/32 armor remaining), Left Arm (20/25 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-20 at Naginata (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 8): rolled 9, 5 missiles hit Left Leg (22/32 armor remaining)!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 13!

Glass Spider
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Timber Wolf
- Fires ER Large Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 8, hit Left Torso (12/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Hunchback (3 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement = 6): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 35 heat, sinks 32!

Epona A #1
- Holds fire!

Gargoyle
- Holds fire!
- Gains 1 heat, sinks 32!

Balius
- Fires ER Large Laser at Mauler (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 7, hit Left Arm (14/22 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Mauler (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement = 4): rolled 6, hit Right Arm (14/22 armor remaining)!
- Gains 24 heat, sinks 24!

Stone Rhino
- Holds fire!
- Gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Epona Prime #1
- Holds fire!

Epona Prime #2
- Holds fire!

End Phase:
Timber Wolf
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 10, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Upper Leg Actuator hit!
- - Foot actuator hit!
- Through-armor critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - Machine gun ammo hit!
- Left Torso suffers 200 damage in an Ammunition Explosion (0/25 armor, 0/16 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! Left Arm blown off! `Mech Crippled!

Player Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Special Rules
Special weapon and minimum range rules are in effect!

Primary Objectives
- Join forces with Isoroku Kurita (0/1)
- Avoid damaging the Luthien Armor Works Facility (0/17 remaining)

Secondary Objectives
- Secure the Monitor Naval Vessels (0/16)
- Protect the Monitor Naval Vessels as they escape (0/16)

Orders Due: Midnight Saturday!

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
Yep. A 2-point hit causes a mech to be crippled? That's Battletech!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
That Jagermech just got a gunnery upgrade! :allears:

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
What is the level-up music we're using?

(first instinct is 0830 ; further tactical analysis shall be in the morning)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gun Jam posted:

What is the level-up music we're using?

(first instinct is 0830 ; further tactical analysis shall be in the morning)

I was listening to football music the whole time I was working on this update.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

So am I obligated to use this one for this turn's Madden, or do I have to use a different one...? This hasn't happened before.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

PhotoKirk posted:

Yep. A 2-point hit causes a mech to be crippled? That's Battletech!

This is PTN's custom improved battletech system, so the (ER)"light AC" does 5 damage. Still, that mech is way more dangerous than it looks apparently. I'm curious to know what a monster the light AC bane would look like in this system.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
*cracks open cheap beer*

Ayup. That's some B-Tech right there.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Ahhhh nothing like a classic machinegun ammo nuke!

That single handedly takes all (or, well, most) of the pressure of the southern lance for now. 0834 and 0835 give you line of sight to the Summoner only if you want to pick on it, since the building hex in 0934 blocks the Ha Otoko's shots.
1135 also allows pounding the last southern Epona from point blank, and Isoroku stands a very good chance at killing or crippling it outright, too, compared to the Summoner. Only 5s needed to connect with all weapons, and with the houserules to clan LRMs giving them min-range penalties back, it's not nearly as dangerous to close in on as it would be otherwise.

Meanwhile, the Battlemaster and Sagittaire can both get rear armor shots on the same Ha Otoko via 0814 and 0815.

Hit a rear side torso, and you may be rewarded with a second jackpot!

e: Normally I would be all in on focus firing, but I just realized that the Epona's lasers are front mounted, meaning it can't even hit 1135 with them. So it's as good a time as any to potentially take it out without taking too much return fire. Shooting on 5s but needing (I think) 7s to be hit is a very favorable trade.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 26, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fraction Jackson posted:

So am I obligated to use this one for this turn's Madden, or do I have to use a different one...? This hasn't happened before.

You are not!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Wow. That is some Battletech right there.

Initial thoughts for the 'Sag', jumping down to 0815 and firing at the Ha Otoko.

Next round, when the Epona comes through that gap in the wall, we'll have to assess on how to pivot and cover the Northern Lance's flank.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Timber Wolf pilot's mood: "Surprised"

"... Where the hell did the left half of my 'Mech go?" :stonk:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Timber Wolf pilot's mood: "Surprised"

"... Where the hell did the left half of my 'Mech go?" :stonk:

he should have known better than to carry machine gun ammo

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

The Autumn Wind is a Raider Jaegermech.
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UezSvnSJNvM

So I think I'll take the Battlemaster south to 0814 and plink the Ha Otoko as well with the PPCs at long range. I'll probably miss but you never know.

And if the Epona or Stone Rhino pop out I can move to engage them next turn and let the rest of the Northern lance move south.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Mukaikubo posted:

Well, as we all know, the Jagermech is generally considered to be the most dangerous heavy mech in the- :catstare:

2. If she lives through this, Capt. Jagoda better goddamn well become Major Jagoda. And get a really POSH medal.

3. I think crippling one tank, killing another, and mission killing a Mad Cat in 3 rounds of firing with a Jagermech is sufficient to let me use contractions again, y'all. Honor's been sated.

I will give more attention to the map and what moves to make tomorrow, I think.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It took 30 years but the Jager had become not poo poo. It's a weird feeling.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
Jagermech should start to fire on multiple targets; it seems everything touched by it breaks itself.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Mukaikubo posted:

I think crippling one tank, killing another, and mission killing a Mad Cat in 3 rounds of firing with a Jagermech is sufficient to let me use contractions again, y'all. Honor's been sated.

Can't argue. However, if fortune changes from here on in, then Samson may regret the haircut.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Literal years of keeping true to their oath has given Mukaikubo an excess of karma that can only be cashed in with tabletop internet robots.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

So I think I'll take the Battlemaster south to 0814 and plink the Ha Otoko as well with the PPCs at long range. I'll probably miss but you never know.

Sounds like a plan; between the two of us, we should land, 1 out of the 3 PPC shots?

Jew it to it! posted:

And if the Epona or Stone Rhino pop out I can move to engage them next turn and let the rest of the Northern lance move south.

Actually, you have more move and reach than the 'Sag', so it might be a better idea for the Battlemaster to keep heading South while I cover the rest of the advance.

The silver-lining to our column being a little strung out is that we can actually act as each other's rear guard; i.e., the Mauler can unload at the Balius when it arounds that corner. (poor thing, its running around like a dog playing fetch)

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The Timber Wolf machine gun ammo explosion was cool, but I'm more surprised it missed all it's shots, that Hunchback lucked out so badly. :stare:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Mukaikubo posted:

2. If she lives through this, Capt. Jagoda better goddamn well become Major Jagoda. And get a really POSH medal.

3. I think crippling one tank, killing another, and mission killing a Mad Cat in 3 rounds of firing with a Jagermech is sufficient to let me use contractions again, y'all. Honor's been sated.

I will give more attention to the map and what moves to make tomorrow, I think.

You just know the remaining clanners are sitting there thinking that the Jagermech pilot would make for an excellent bondsman right now.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

KnoxZone posted:

You just know the remaining clanners are sitting there thinking that the Jagermech pilot would make for an excellent bondsman right now.

It is known.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
[madden mode: ON]

"You know I was saying before that last set of plays that sometimes you gotta calm your team down and get them all on the same page. Sometimes it's the coach, sometimes it's guys who are leaders in the locker room, but any way you look at it the offense needed to take a deep breath. I think, uh, well I think there's no doubt that this looks like a completely different team now, and in a good way. And, you know you look at it now, and you can see it on the defense, you know their body language, now they're thinking, "what do we have to do to stop these guys?" I can tell you, you get the opposing team thinking like that, it makes it a lot easier."

"Great example of that is the edge rush up north: now it's completely gone, and without that threat, it opens up both the passing game and the running game. In the National Football League you need your running to open up the pass, and your passing to open up the run, but with this kind of blocking you get room for both. And, you know, any time you get a new running back, whether it's a rookie or hasn't played a lot, that's the first thing you test, is their pass protection. That's big. We've seen them do both on this drive. Now they are really in position to get penetration into the secondary and either get some guys to turn, or just burn them."

"And what about the passing play we've seen down south? You can't not call this JagerMech a gunslinger now, just havin' fun out there. You know, with some quarterbacks, it's easier to just let 'em go out there and run the kinds of plays that they like. We're really seeing today how much that can pay off."

"Now the real important thing here is, it really opens up some options in the south. They can run a delay, see how the defense responds to getting pressure from the opposite side of the field, wait and see if they get turned around or someone misses an assignment. Or maybe they can be a little more aggressive and really bust things open. I think they'll probably run a delay, but feeling like you've got multiple options is always good."

[madden mode: OFF]

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

KnoxZone posted:

The winner gets to take Bondsmen. None of them are worthy of being Isorla.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Xarbala posted:

Literal years of keeping true to their oath has given Mukaikubo an excess of karma that can only be cashed in with tabletop internet robots.

I know I've called Muk on using contractions on another thread (I think it was the Jeopardy one in TVIV), but if them holding to not using them here in this thread for so long has given them that much luck in the Jagermech popping Clanner mechs and vics with TACs, then I think you should keep it up until this mission is at least over so as to keep that luck going. Because, I mean, :drat:. Wouldn't begrudge you if you stopped because of the swath you're cutting through the Hell's Horses here though.

KnoxZone posted:

Weren't you involved in the mission where Muk was originally taken as a bondsman in the first place? There was a Clanner Mechwarrior Knox that PTN named after you due to some contest or something in the Nova who bid using only one hand that Muk forced off the map, IIRC. That was the thing that impressed the Steel Vipers so much there that they considered taking her, right? Plus the whole Steiner Rules dueling thing, one of the best gags to come out of this thread that eventually got taken seriously.

Anyway, continued great shooting by Muk has them pushing even further up on the preliminary MVP ratings here, and eases a lot of pressure there on GoonSword of Light down there. Summoner seems like it's pissed shuffling back and forth looking for a chance to actually be able to shoot you guys, LoS shenanigans seem to be paying off dividends.

GoonDavion Guards pushing south is smart; I would've wanted to put the Gargoyle out of its misery since it can still harass you guys a bit as you move to rescue Isoroku and his lance mates down south, but I guess that leg crit means it won't be able to keep up and just try and plink away at you guys with those ER Larges. Also, the Balius looks like it wasn't able to get much done even after taking the Mauler's back (range shenanigans, yay!) and now it'll have to take a turn or two to reposition once again. Playing keep away with that thing looks like the smartest bet as you move south. Still, the Stone Rhino is a brick of a problem as wel, though playing LoS games will likely prevent it from being able to bring its big guns to bear and be a larger problem for you guys up north.

Seems like GoonDavion Guards are giving up on getting the monitors away, since the Star up north continues to be so threatening in the area of the boat pen and they gotta move south as quickly as possible to rescue GoonSword and Isoroku, which is a shame, I wanted to see those boats get out and underway, possibly to help you guys or at least do so later in the post mission fluff. Though I guess they might get underway if the Horses' Stars are destroyed or forced to retreat off of this island facility (or at least this map) after the primary mission is completed and Isoroku helps Hanse retake the facility here. Dunno if that will happen, it is a secondary objective to do so after all, but again, it is only a secondary, so no need to do it if it jeopardizes completing the primary, or delays it so much that it has a chance to fall if Isoroku gets too badly beat up by the southern Star while you're too busy dealing with the boat pen.

Anyway, this turn looks like a bit of a game changer, make sure to keep moving south to relieve the pressure on the Sword and Isoroku. And if they manage to take down a bunch of attackers before you guys up north get into range for relief, so much the better.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 27, 2017

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Muk actually got caught using contractions fairly recently in this thread, by PTN himself if I recall.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

There is no law anymore except one:

If you want dependable, high-performance material that isn't going to rip you off on pricing or cheat you with proprietary maintenance contracts, you have to shop Defiance Industries.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

GhostStalker posted:

Seems like GoonDavion Guards are giving up on getting the monitors away, since the Star up north continues to be so threatening in the area of the boat pen and they gotta move south as quickly as possible to rescue GoonSword and Isoroku, which is a shame, I wanted to see those boats get out and underway, possibly to help you guys or at least do so later in the post mission fluff.

Missions not over yet; its a bad bet to try and dislodge the Stone Rhino through strength of arms alone, Northern Flank can't spare the firepower right now.

However, if the Epona and Stone Rhino pushes through that wall gap, the 'Sag' might have an advantage in those tight quarters (annoying jumpy assault 'mech with pulse lasers).

What I'm trying to say is I haven't given up on the secondary yet, and if the three other Northern Flank assault 'mechs break out into the open (where they're better suited anyways), the 'Sag' can rear-guard plus maybe finish up some unfinished business.

Defiance Industries posted:

. . . cheat you with proprietary maintenance contracts, you have to shop Defiance Industries.

Didn't Defiance Industries invent those contracts? With those little custom screw-heads that requires a special socket which no one else has? :)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

Didn't Defiance Industries invent those contracts? With those little custom screw-heads that requires a special socket which no one else has? :)

No, no, you're thinking of the inventor of the office chair. Luthien Armor Works.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Seems we've switched to enemy torso destruction being full kills. I'm assuming that doesn't go for player mechs?

Hmm, taking into account that the Gargoyle and Stone Rhino held fire this round, maybe they're doing some strictish version of Zell and bid surrender on torso destruction. (Or maybe it's just regular Zell and simplification of enemies remaining for PTN.)

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 27, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

No, no, you're thinking of the inventor of the office chair. Luthien Armor Works.

Of cooooourse Space Feudal Japan invented the office chair!

RA Rx posted:

Seems we've switched to enemy torso destruction being full kills. I'm assuming that doesn't go for player mechs?

This is actually a good question; that's why I was confused on that initial Nova kill, as I didn't recall the 'Cripple' condition being mission kill.

RA Rx posted:

Wonder why the Gargoyle held fire, lucky clerical error maybe?

Unless I'm reading the map wrong, It didn't have LOS on anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

RA Rx posted:

Hmm, taking into account that the Gargoyle and Stone Rhino held fire this round,
From what I can see, they didn't fire because neither 'Mech had LOS to Goonlance.

Did anyone else notice that the Davion dropship just booked it this turn? I wonder where it is going.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 27, 2017

• Locked thread