Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yep. didnt even do the alt art for the playable legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No they're staying true to forest. The first one released was amazing and better than the others and had everything you wanted so the next ones have to be garbage.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am just waiting for the dragon one to get a third Sybil and a second Ouro. That's value.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Sword one seems decent if you need the legendaries or the support cannon shenanigan: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-055

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah if you need alberts why not. the golds arent great though. only really fangblade is playable right now.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Aren't they doing some massive nerfing soon? I would hold off on all crafting until that's done.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moush posted:

Aren't they doing some massive nerfing soon? I would hold off on all crafting until that's done.

Yeah, but it's fairly obvious what they'll nerf. (neutral package, blood, maybe a haven card), so crafting something outside that should be fine.

Also, those packages will arrive at the same time as the nerfs anyways.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if any haven card is nerfed i think it will be teatime over snow white

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

btw i clipped this last night and it has been fairly popular so i guess i will link it over here too for the 5 people in this thread. believe in lou

https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticEphemeralMeerkatCharlietheUnicorn

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey! A fifth Alice. (Please get nerfed!)

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Just lost to Neutral Blood 4 times in a row today and 4 times yesterday. Was never even close.

Game is dead

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Valicious posted:

Just lost to Neutral Blood 4 times in a row today and 4 times yesterday. Was never even close.

Game is dead

Yeah, the game is complete poo poo right now. Wait a few days for the nerfs to see what kind of monstrous deck neutral blood was keeping in check.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's by far the worst balanced release I've ever seen in a CCG. I guess we have to face it - DE was a fluke.

CyGames has never told people about a nerf far in advance of when it happens (which is a huge no-no in CCGs in general, for good reason) so they at least get how dire it is.

On the plus side T2 hasn't been this bearable since DE, so at least that got better.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 24, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I have been getting a lot of rage disconnects lately from neutral blood players.

A3 is heaven.

(I have been spamming roach elf and the storm haven variant with Dark Jeanne)

Obviously i'm facing bad blood players but making them angry is something I can enjoy.

Valicious posted:

Should I head into Aegis Havencraft or Storm Havencraft? I have some of both. Storm seems good cause Aegis just keeps taking so drat long to win.
I'd lean storm especially because Aegis will need probably need to be retooled if the nerfs have any real effect on the metagame.

I think this is a pretty cheap build of storm that I've done pretty well with that you can budgetize further (more cudgels and put in some mainyus or grimnirs instead of the legendaries) or if you're willing to spend extra vials you can get some card improvements or switch out some cards into the neutral core with lion:

If I fully believed that haven was going to go untouched I'd definitely get a third snow white. I also like this variant over the lion variant because it's cheap and winning with Dark Jeanne feels fun.

trucutru posted:

Yeah, the game is complete poo poo right now. Wait a few days for the nerfs to see what kind of monstrous deck neutral blood was keeping in check.

I think most eyes are on dirt rune or some haven variant? Haven's impossible to decide on mulligans against already at the moment.

Also fake edit but I want tove and BKB and gone but on the other hand they're the only way blood even really stands a chance in T2.

(Also please take all the neutral support out of shadow for t2 I don't even want to pick shadow any more because I'm sick of getting caterpillars and siren's tears)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 25, 2017

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

If the nerfs serve to slow down the meta by two or even just one turn on average, I would expect to see both Blade DShift and Oz/Caprice DShift see a lot more play. Both variants were played a lot in that Shadow Nexus practice tourney that had players bring 3 decks and let each player ban one of the opponent's classes in each match.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont like these 3 drops. playing a prism priestess on 3 feels so bad as storm. i only run her in seraph personally.

also i am running with no dogmas right now i think but that is probably less standard.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Also imo Tribunal is too good to not run over DoD and Teatime is too good to not run 3 of. I'm a dogma fan just because running beastcall without it feels bizarre.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
DoD is mostly budget for tribunal though I agree, but the face damage has been relevant before so it's not -strictly- worse (I also skipped RoB entirely so I still need to go through and craft those)

The thing about running prism priestess is that you don't really want to run any 3-drop on 3 often, since you actually often want to scripture + 1 drop. or 2-drop + 1 -drop. I didn't think much of it at first but I saw some gamewith lists use it so I tried it out and it hasn't been all that bad :shrug:.

I flip flop on 2-3 tea times because sometimes they get stuck in my hand but it could be on the number of DoD's I run.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 25, 2017

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Rune prebuilt seems sorta mediocre, standouts being Daria, Professor of Taboos, Mutagenic Bolt, and Melvie I guess: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-052

Dragon prebuilt, on the other hand, is insane. Every legendary and gold except for Date Masamune is either playable or insane: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-057

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It isn't even alt art Daria?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

It isn't even alt art Daria?

Nope, it's alt art Hulking Giant.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Nope, it's alt art Hulking Giant.

lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah the dragon one is really good. i almost wish i didnt already have 3 of everything so i could justify getting one of those sweet sibyls

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

also i feel like i am one of the very few people who like date. i was running him as my 2 drop for awhile

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

yeah the dragon one is really good. i almost wish i didnt already have 3 of everything so i could justify getting one of those sweet sibyls

500 crystals in nothing to get summertime best waifu!

e: And Date is a decent 2 drop, yeah, but that's about it. Seven mana for the enhance means that you cannot really drop the enhanced version plus something else meaningful on the same turn, unlike scyther.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 25, 2017

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I think after the blood and neutral nerfs there will be a strong 5 class meta (Blood, Shadow, Dragon, Rune and Haven). Honestly after being hosed for 2 straight expansions there's no saving Forest and Sword unless the next expansion showers them with multiple core cards. If the neutral core is no longer viable, Forest cannot run their current best deck. Sword is still stuck with the mostly Standard/RoB set with Luminious Mage and Shield of Flame.

Shadow is totally boned if Cygames touches Eachtar. Right now he's just completely oppressive but after the changes to Shadow Reaper and Prince Catacomb, they don't really have much else. Right now I win games by just drawing a bunch of cards and hope I can play 2-3 Eachtars.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

Shadow is totally boned if Cygames touches Eachtar. Right now he's just completely oppressive but after the changes to Shadow Reaper and Prince Catacomb, they don't really have much else. Right now I win games by just drawing a bunch of cards and hope I can play 2-3 Eachtars.

Nephthys is good and basically just loses to neutral stuff with a good curve that keeps vomiting stuff (which should be nerfed) and Seraph/D-shift bullshit. Shadowlog has it at 51.3% WR in masters, which is quite good in this meta. (Midrange Eachtar is 51.8%)

If the meta slows down just a bit she'll be back. Well, as much as you can say that about Neph, who has never been really popular. It is a solid deck that not that many play.

e: By the way, the decks that have a thousand games in masters and over 50% WR: Abyss, Cat, Eachtar, Storm haven, Neph, Seraph.

The ones with 48-49%: Oz Dirt, Aegis, Neutral haven/rune, midrange sword (really?), Control blood.

I can see every class but forest doing well if blood/neutral stuff gets properly nerfed. Forest will have to fall back into roaches again, I guess. There is also wallet-forest (twin archers: the deck), which is a neutral deck that doesn't use the Alice package so that one could work too if things slow down.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 25, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I took Elf Twin forest for a spin (minus two copies of Bed and Breakfast because I don't have 3 yet) and it seemed the strength of the deck was having pre-boarded solutions to neutral blood so :shrug:

Bread and Butter is a really strong card though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The Shadow premade seems pretty alright if you want to make a Nephtys or Death's Ledger deck, or if you have no Eachtars: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-058

Also, patch info (but no nerf info): https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=326

Finally, leader poll winners: http://imgur.com/a/2fOGJ

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The Shadow premade seems pretty alright if you want to make a Nephtys or Death's Ledger deck, or if you have no Eachtars: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-058

Also, patch info (but no nerf info): https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=326

Finally, leader poll winners: http://imgur.com/a/2fOGJ

Nobody can stop Hanakana! (If she voiced the haven dogge, the dogge would be a leader).

In any case, no surprises there.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 26, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
dang i was hoping for aerin

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I got to out-gimmick a Dark Alice lockdown deck with my Alice's Adventure Seraph monstrosity and it made me real happy.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
This has been a good month for climbing, and not even with blood:

:toot:

now to aim for master I guess

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Belphegor might be the only good part of this: https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-060

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont bully mastema :(

i think i like normal art belph more

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
So weird to sell 3 of a card that they're really likely to nerf

I wonder if they'll avoid nerfing baphomet even if he's probably the easiest nerf target.

LOL at the rest of the deck though. Probably indicative of what the problems with blood were, I suppose.

ninja edit:

WHAT THE gently caress (this is arena and I was attacking his third tove)

phew

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 28, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

heres the haven one https://shadowverse.com/articles/detail.php?id=column-059

that aegis does look pretty sweet. i only have 2 currently (and 3 jeannes) but i normally play seraph over aegis so i dunno if i will buy one.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
1 tribunal and 1 aegis means I'm definitely getting 2 to round out the cards I need

A shame I get an extra Jeanne though.

Although some aegis decks are only running 2 now? Maybe I'll just limit to one copy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the vast majority of aegis lists run 3 but sometimes you see one with 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

The reason they run 3 is because getting a good draw but then not drawing aegis by turn 9 can quickly lead to a loss, ie "I never drew my wincon".

• Locked thread