Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

Why would you want the ammo then? If you take it during trader time, it's not available during the next wave, right?

If I'm not going to have enough dosh to fill up anyway, I'd like to collect all the Support ammo first so I can better decide how many nades and how much armor to buy while still having a decent number of clips. Also if people are being jerks and running off by themselves I may not have the chance to grab ammo from them later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Weekly wasn't too bad, zeds definitely had inflated HP in addition to their health regen or something along those lines, but support and demo both still killed things reliably in one shot which meant not having to worry about it. As an aside from that, I felt like skrakes and FPs had less health while everything else had more; I killed a skrake with a single M79 round in solo, and while they have a lot less health there that still normally doesn't happen.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I think there might also be a timed component, someone in one of my games said the longer a zed was alive the faster it regen'd health. Probably this week is on Hard instead of Suicidal. There were a few times where there were like 4 of us pumping rounds into the last scrake in a wave and as Commando I could see it wasn't doing poo poo to his health.

My first attempt as Berserker ended in a seemingly immortal Hans running around at full health, my parry-buffed strong attacks doing nothing :smith:

Second game I went Commando and ended up leaving the group about 5 times to scrounge ammo boxes, but eventually we were able to wear him down with 1000s of bullets while a zerker tanked.

I'm glad the game isn't like this all the time, but overall I'm digging the weekly gimmicks.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The pro strat of spamming Sharpshooter railguns seems to still work just fine.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Takes No Damage posted:

I think there might also be a timed component, someone in one of my games said the longer a zed was alive the faster it regen'd health. Probably this week is on Hard instead of Suicidal. There were a few times where there were like 4 of us pumping rounds into the last scrake in a wave and as Commando I could see it wasn't doing poo poo to his health.

My first attempt as Berserker ended in a seemingly immortal Hans running around at full health, my parry-buffed strong attacks doing nothing :smith:

Second game I went Commando and ended up leaving the group about 5 times to scrounge ammo boxes, but eventually we were able to wear him down with 1000s of bullets while a zerker tanked.

I'm glad the game isn't like this all the time, but overall I'm digging the weekly gimmicks.

How do you get that backpack

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Alteisen posted:

The latest weekly challenge

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

That's the new weekly.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I had to do it twice, but it was a ton of fun so I don't really care. :3:

Also I guess it gave me a prize ticket too without telling me? The drop system in this game is weird.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wish they'd do something about the item drop algorithm. I just got a loving deepstrike USB for the third day in a row.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
New weekly is up. It's always zed time (except not really, sort of half-ish speed instead of one-third speed) and it's set to 4-wave HoE. Don't get you hopes up, because you both A) don't get those sweet cheevoes and B) can't use the level 25 zed time perks (but passive zed time stuff like real-time reloads for Gunslinger is still there).

The reward is a normal Fleshpound visor. It looks a lot better than the tacky golden one for the Fleshpounds-only event.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This weekly is kinda mehhhhhhhh to play. The always alternating zed time feels weird as gently caress.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really hate loving descent.

Like I really, really, REALLY loving hate descent.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H19RDdii6fc

Dont mind me, just jumping into the air and still hitting you, then a bit later he missed while he was on the ground.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 25, 2017

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused, that video is Paris.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

I'm confused, that video is Paris.

Its an exciting 2 part post.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/news/killing-floor-2-coming-to-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x.aspx

So KF2 is coming to the Xbox One and Xbox One X. The announcement also hints at a new event called "The Tropical Bash" and references a timed exclusive Freezethrower weapon for the Xbox versions.

Bummer that the Early Access folks are getting the shaft on the Freezethrower, sounds fun.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So for anyone like me who cares, I figured out how to most efficiently game the sideshow drop rates on PS4! Took some experimenting over a few days but I think I've got it perfect.

Gotta do this solo , and it all seems to be based on two timers: Four real time hours of cooldown and 30 minutes of game time that have to be banked, per drop.

As soon as you get a drop, start the four hour timer. Some time before it's up, play a game at least 30 minutes in length (based on the in-game timer on the score display). Once you're over 30 minutes, either die or kill the boss, and pop out to the PS home screen during the final killcam. The game should freeze in place but resume instantly when you go back into it. (If this somehow gets patched, pausing the game when the boss has next to zero health/you're about to get stomped should work no matter what.)

Feel free to do whatever until the four hour timer is up, but don't quit the game. Stuff that puts the game to suspend mode like PS4 sleep mode, capture gallery editing. or Netflix are fine, but if something says it's going to close KF2 then it's a no go. Once the four hour timer is up, resume the game at any time, watch the boss finish dying, stare at your rear end for five seconds, and enjoy your fresh four hour drop at the results screen.

I play KF2 while I'm at work from home to kill time and this method lets me farm for drops all day with near perfect timing. First thing I do in the morning before I get my coffee now is turn on the PS4 and watch a boss explode. Great way to start the day. :3:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 25, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
e: wait I misread that

nice work figuring that out. The suspend trick just ensures an instant drop after 4h, right? Or put another way if you don't do the suspend thing and are willing to expend more effort, you could conceivably finish the first game fully, get your drop, and then 3:30 later time a second 30 minute game to end at the exact right moment and get it to work that way too?

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 25, 2017

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Psion posted:

e: wait I misread that

nice work figuring that out. The suspend trick just ensures an instant drop after 4h, right? Or put another way if you don't do the suspend thing and are willing to expend more effort, you could conceivably finish the first game fully, get your drop, and then 3:30 later time a second 30 minute game to end at the exact right moment and get it to work that way too?

Exactly. The only time it counts game time towards the 30 minutes you need for the drop is at the conclusion of a round, either lose or win. If you finish a 35 minute game with 3:59 on the clock, none of it counts; if you finish at 4:01, all of it does (and the timer restarts when you get your drop). The actual start time of the match doesn't matter, just the in-game timer when it ends. This means you have to fudge it a little bit by being a few minutes late to try to not screw yourself, but sleeping easily resets the clock. :haw:

You can also, for example, have a 27 minute game that goes tits up, you Home screen out and stall on letting the "you got killed" animation playing until the 4 hour mark, then play another 3 minute game to get your drop.

What's funny is with all the game dev I've been doing as a hobby, I can see almost exactly how they made this work in my head codewise, it's just a pain in the rear end to explain it. :v:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
That's far too much work for a woodland skin. Good uh, job, I guess.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

I really hate loving descent.
Play Demolitions.

Alteisen posted:

Like I really, really, REALLY loving hate descent.
Play Firebug.

puppy party posted:

http://www.tripwireinteractive.com/news/killing-floor-2-coming-to-xbox-one-and-xbox-one-x.aspx

So KF2 is coming to the Xbox One and Xbox One X. The announcement also hints at a new event called "The Tropical Bash" and references a timed exclusive Freezethrower weapon for the Xbox versions.

Bummer that the Early Access folks are getting the shaft on the Freezethrower, sounds fun.

Timed exclusive. It'll come to PC, the Xbones are just getting a free test-run.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Foreskin Problems posted:

It's close to the minimum work required for two Woodland skins, thank you. :v:

mostly I think that's valuable so I know exactly how to farm drops in the event I ever actually want to farm drops so I'm glad somebody figured it out. I prefer getting Exceptional drops randomly while cheesing weeklies, myself

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Foreskin Problems posted:

More like half a dozen tiger skins! For demo class only! And for only 3 weapons! :suicide:

But seriously I play enough of this game, I might as well be efficient about it.

Unrelated: the vocal lyrics option definitely grew on me over time. Christian metal's a weird choice at first but screaming about the biblical apocalypse during a zombie shooter is weirdly appropriate.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Collapsiiiing in on yourself, I don't know whyyyyyyyy!

That's the theme song for Killing Floor as far as I care.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 27, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dewgy posted:

Unrelated: the vocal lyrics option definitely grew on me over time.

this is called stockholm syndrome and I suggest you seek the help of a professional therapist

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
baby baby baby baby yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That song just keeps playing whenever I hear that opener. Maybe playing more support will cure what ails me.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle...

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Psion posted:

this is called stockholm syndrome and I suggest you seek the help of a professional therapist

It's ok, I switched to a higher tier of music today: Brubeck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqCUX3D3cnE

Good zombie killin' music that. :getin:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ZearothK posted:

Collapsiiiing in on yourself, I don't know whyyyyyyyy!

That's the theme song for Killing Floor as far as I care.

Agreed

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Killing Floor (the mod) did have its own theme song on the title screen. I was made in-house, I believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5kSFoK-2uI
I can't find which song it is specifically, I think it might be one of the songs included in the Digital Deluxe version of the game, but there's a song in KF2 that copies the melody that starts at 40 seconds. I guess you could see this as the KF franchise's theme song.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I unironically listen to the KF1 soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wysXVGSg8U

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Psion posted:

KF2 shares the dubious company of Diablo 3 in the library of games whose music I mute for either Groove or university lectures.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dewgy posted:

It's ok, I switched to a higher tier of music today: Brubeck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqCUX3D3cnE

Good zombie killin' music that. :getin:

this is classy as gently caress and I approve

i'm gonna try this next time myself

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I haven't listened to KF 2's OST in so long I forgot how loving awful it is, especially for metal.

I usually just have a youtube playlist going or some album in WinAmp while I play.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
American Pie (the Don McLean version) works pretty well in this game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Skoll posted:

I haven't listened to KF 2's OST in so long I forgot how loving awful it is, especially for metal.

I usually just have a youtube playlist going or some album in WinAmp while I play.

I mean, it's ok, but as far as metal goes christian metal is pretty generic.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Happy go-lucky music is best for this game.
It's why Singing in the Rain works in clockwork orange.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I like listening to 80s pop mostly when I play KF2.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Summer Hits of the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

If this game had ten bosses, it would go from very good to awesome.