Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I try to save my boxes for things. I recently disconnected my xbox one and wanted to put it back in the box. Couldn't find the box. I think it must have gotten tossed. Strange because I still have my 360 and ps4 and wii boxes. Anyway, I keep my lego boxes. In part because I don't have a ton of space and so tear things down and rebox them every so often. It does it up an assload of space, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I still have 90% of my boxes from back when I was a kid, most of them containing the still-build/half disassembled build inside.
Takes about 5 moving boxes total but worth it just to keep my childhood nostalgia safe.

(Also my Saturn V arrived last week and it was amazing to build LEGO again after ~15 years)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't have a car and have a 2 car garage. Lots of room for cardboard

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I flatten the smaller ones and put them into a big (huge) one. Easy peasy, I never throw one away.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I horde all the boxes in my attic. Provides some handy insulation during the winter.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I ditch smaller boxes but I kept ideas boxes and the boxes of Big Ben and Tower Bridge, all stacked into the biggest one.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I recycle the boxes. I keep the disassembled lego in drawers when it's not on display, so the boxes are just going to take up space for me.

Although some of the boxes with the hinged lids (eg most Architecture boxes) stick around as being useful for storing other stuff.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DrChud posted:

Found this polybag while at Target today and picked one up.

Is that a cheap source of narrow tank tread?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lizard Combatant posted:

Is that a cheap source of narrow tank tread?

Looks like 30 pieces in a bag. The poly is probably $5-7. Is that cheap?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, it's says 71 but half of them are probably tread. target polybags are almost always $3.99

If that's the case I'll probably graba few since there are some pretty good parts there. Building some mini tanks sounds fun.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Waltzing Along posted:

Ah, no not particularly then.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Well the VIP wonder woman was a fun little build, never did one of the brickheadz before. They didn't have many people sign up for it at my store. It also came with a little krypto super heroes girls polybag.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I went to a Target yesterday that had an ENTIRE endcap with multiple depth boxes of CMF's of all recent varieties. Glad I am off that train or it could been bad. I should have taken a picture, it seemed like a misplaced zero mistake there were so many.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh bummer! The Fire Mech releasing on 8/1 looks great, but it has no knee joints whatsoever. That kinda sucks.

Still probably get it tho... :|

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So give it some!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Modify my creative building toy? Are you nuts??

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

xzzy posted:

Modify my creative building toy? Are you nuts??

No need for MOCing in this thread, friend.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh I may. Just saying... what the heck?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I bought fun in the park for $24. Now I have 14 more figures to put on the ferris wheel.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Feenix posted:

Oh bummer! The Fire Mech releasing on 8/1 looks great, but it has no knee joints whatsoever. That kinda sucks.

Still probably get it tho... :|

That's my big problem with Emmet's Construct-o-Mech, too. Except from the Fire Mech pics, it looks like you can still move the legs around and end up with a stable pose. The Construct-o-Mech was basically stuck in its original position if you wanted the thing to actually stand (and even then it was precarious). So, yeah, my son and I modified the knees, removing some of the beams and inserting a technic rotation joint (which both of these mechs use for the hip/leg connection). The thing doesn't look like anything's been done to it - but you can bend the knees and actually move the legs. It blew my mind that the set didn't come like that.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Waltzing Along posted:

I bought fun in the park for $24. Now I have 14 more figures to put on the ferris wheel.

Yeah, that was a good deal, I picked it up as well for spectators at my race track.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Grabbed a couple today $3.49 71 parts

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Bought a few LOTR sets and they were all assembled...until I dropped the box. So much brown and grey :doh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well I guess that's a good excuse to build them.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Take them all apart and make a very large castle

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

tomapot posted:

Bought a few LOTR sets and they were all assembled...until I dropped the box. So much brown and grey :doh:

Most of my LotR sets survived my move, but according to my wife when the front door was open a gust of wind caught the sails of my corsair ship and it blew off the shelves and was smashed in twain. I'll never know why she did it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just got back to my office after a vacation. There were several things waiting for me:

- Saturn V !!!!
- Lego Dimensions Wicked Witch, a random Ninjago and a Chima, Legolas (4.86 each of Amazon.fr instead of 8.99 here)
- Lego Dimensions Batman Story Pack (14€ off Amazon.fr instead of 29.99 here)

I now have the PS4 Dimensions base set, a shitload of Dimensions sets and still no PS4... hmmm.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
They had this awesome dinosaur on clearance at Walmart for $8:

I liked it so much I ended up getting a 2nd one. It's a 3-in-1 but the t-rex is definitely the best. Very poseable and the jaws/head are great.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mighty-Dinosaurs-31058

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The important question is: Why is Bananaman upside down?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Yeah, the $10-20 Creator 3-in-1 stuff is great. My kid has that dinosaur and a bunch of the other animals from the 2015/16 releases. They come with great pieces, occasionally interesting techniques, and a lot of variability.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Hopper posted:

The important question is: Why is Bananaman upside down?

He's hanging from a crane as a tribute to GOB from Arrested Development. Upside down because he kept falling if I just used his hand.

Slightly better view.

https://youtu.be/85KaHHnQTKI

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I want Lego Godzilla!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

High res shots of the new Star Wars Lego out on Sept 1st came out.

BB8 does the thumbs up so that's an instant buy and permanent pose. :3:

The Destroyer and Ren's new ship are must haves as well.

I wish the AT-AT wasn't poo poo though. :/

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

High res shots of the new Star Wars Lego out on Sept 1st came out.

BB8 does the thumbs up so that's an instant buy and permanent pose. :3:

The Destroyer and Ren's new ship are must haves as well.

I wish the AT-AT wasn't poo poo though. :/

link?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Ferris Wheel is big.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

https://imgur.com/a/W59JM

All those little 1x1 round shooters are cool until you lose all of pieces.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
If you don't have enough extra studs to arm your stud shooters, look under your furniture.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

https://imgur.com/a/W59JM

All those little 1x1 round shooters are cool until you lose all of pieces.

They ruined lego. My son grew up with them, so he doesn't pretend to shoot, he wants to make sure he actually shoots and hits targets. Which quickly gets frustrating which quickly means he stops playing. We stick with sword-based lego for him now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Whenever I mod my lego, the shooty bits are always the first to go.

I get why lego does it, it's a thing kids think they want and it pushes sales, but bits of plastic flying across the room that you gotta chase down just isn't "lego."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

xzzy posted:

Whenever I mod my lego, the shooty bits are always the first to go.

I get why lego does it, it's a thing kids think they want and it pushes sales, but bits of plastic flying across the room that you gotta chase down just isn't "lego."

Counterpoint:
https://brickset.com/sets/6030-1/Catapult

That thing got some distance.

On the other hand, as a parent, I agree, I haven't showed my kids the stud shooters that came with the fire truck they got.