Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Not an option in the Steven Universe... universe.

what happened to russia and like half of australia there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Joey Freshwater posted:

Greg isn't an actual name?

The 60s point is valid. They werent exactly subtle

Greg to Gregorian is several steps too far for the time my dude.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

frodnonnag posted:

Sorta looks like it got jammed onto the side of South America there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

frodnonnag posted:

Unexplained so far, but for some reason Australia invented anime in that universe.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If I had money to burn I'd get this blown up wall-size and hang it in the foyer of the house I'd have in this hypothetical.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Zeeman posted:

Dr. Fate acts like a dick to prove a point, from Justice League of America #102

Also, this whole thing was to justify why none of the invulnerable characters could blow up the Nebula Man with the magic missile, but why the hell would they have to include that stupid arrow?

SPOILER: Red Tornado's robot rear end (as you can see in the first panel), sacrifices himself while everyone argues. Proof that he's the most human of all!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
hes not getting in to a petty argument over pointless bullshit while his and other peoples' lives are all in danger so it actually proves he's the least human

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Binary Badger posted:

Superman at one point was so bothered about this that he jumped dimensions to ask Doctor Fate after all his magic buddies
on THIS Earth basically said they couldn't help him.

Hey Supes get off the drat satellite my calls to Madagascar aren't going through! :v:

"Face it Superman. Magic has you beat.
After all you got killed the other day by a sorcerer. Straight up dead, like a normal guy. Granted you came back from the dead, but still."

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Maltose posted:

Greg to Gregorian is several steps too far for the time my dude.

So would you say they weren't exactly subtle?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

The Question IRL posted:

After all you got killed the other day by a sorcerer. Straight up dead, like a normal guy. Granted you came back from the dead, but still."

Guessing his revival and eventual victory in that previous issue had something to do with the true hero back then, Jimmy Olsen.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

frodnonnag posted:

The presumption about Russia is that it's where the previous ruler of Earth, who the main character's mother assassinated, was born. With the exception of South America and Africa splitting differently, the rest of the geological differences are probably due to geoengineering ca. 5-10 kya.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

Unexplained so far, but for some reason Australia invented anime in that universe.

The Enola Gay had compass trouble, huh?

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Test Pattern posted:

The presumption about Russia is that it's where the previous ruler of Earth, who the main character's mother assassinated, was born. With the exception of South America and Africa splitting differently, the rest of the geological differences are probably due to geoengineering ca. 5-10 kya.

That's a hypothesis that a lot of people have latched onto, but there's no real evidence for it. While gems do leave holes where they emerge, none of the diamonds have been continent sized.

frodnonnag posted:

Massive terraforming to create an alien colony. This was the intended result if the project hadn't been derailed by rebellion.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Are the rings actual RingWorlds, or just something like Saturn's rings?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bloodly posted:

It's not explained any further than the hologram you see in the picture. The show only just went to Homeworld for a few episodes and showed very little of the surface city itself, so there's a lot of unanswered questions.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Bloodly posted:

Well, the image is only on screen for a few seconds, but the little flocks of oval shapes are moving quickly along the rings so maybe they're for transportation or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkayU3-s5DI&t=118s

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

The Question IRL posted:

THINGS THAT CAN KILL SUPERMAN
Kryptonite
Magic
Stupid Plot Demands by Editorial (re:Doomsday)

THINGS THAT CANNOT KILL SUPERMAN
Everything Else

e: Noted vvv

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 26, 2017

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

jng2058 posted:

THINGS THAT CAN KILL SUPERMAN
Kryptonite

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Look, that time that an experiment went "wrong" and turned all kryptonite on Earth into Iron (without affecting Superman, somehow) doesn't count. (Superman #233).

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Superman just eating chunks of rock.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

Superman just eating chunks of rock.

We kind of do that. Granted, they're very small chunks.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Phy posted:

We kind of do that. Granted, they're very small chunks.

He asked for extra small chunks of rock on his large chunk of rock.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Look, that time that an experiment went "wrong" and turned all kryptonite on Earth into Iron (without affecting Superman, somehow) doesn't count. (Superman #233).

Superman'd be up the creek if that poo poo wore off while he was still digesting it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

biracial bear for uncut posted:

How about Kingdom Come Superman, where longer exposure to Yellow Sun Rads made him build up resistance to Kryptonite?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Doom Patrol 7.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Is Doom Patrol worth a re-read? I think I have all the Morrison trades but all I remember is a vague memory of being annoyed he ripped off a Borges story completely without giving even subtle credit to it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Strange Aeon posted:

Is Doom Patrol worth a re-read? I think I have all the Morrison trades but all I remember is a vague memory of being annoyed he ripped off a Borges story completely without giving even subtle credit to it.

This is from the new series but yes, re-read the G-Mo series.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Choco1980 posted:

How about Kingdom Come Superman, where longer exposure to Yellow Sun Rads made him build up resistance to Kryptonite?

Not sure.

Isn't Kingdom Come Superman still out there somewhere?

Or did he get killed in one of the multiversal crisis events?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's always alive in our hearts

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
It was fun to meet some of the gang in Curse Words 006.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Chinston Wurchill posted:

That title keeps exceeding my expectations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phy posted:

The Enola Gay had compass trouble, huh?

Hey, don't be hating on Koala Princess

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I do not like that you posted this

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

What is that thing and why is her face an electrical socket?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's a parody.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

It's a parody.

Of what? Humanity?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I don't know if there's a particular name for juxtaposing a girly girl trope with the horrors of genre convention, but it has not gotten old to me yet.

A Strange Aeon posted:

I don't think so. I picked up a few of my old trades out of storage last month. The art is way worse than you remember, and while the stories have their charm it falls prey to its own influence (e.g: what was fresh then is kind-of stolid now) and Morrison's "every third beat" writing which he both hadn't perfected nor was serviced well by the muddy, muddy art. The good bits-- Flex Mentallo, Mr. Nobody and the Painting that Ate Paris, Danny the Street--are still good, but it's like rubber duckies in that bathtub from Gummo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Of what? Humanity?

Of trashy anime, of the sort liked by people whom the character who likes it typifies.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Of what? Humanity?

Pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER