Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Condiv posted:

should be tonio 0/10

josuke and okuyasu are dating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Did any of you pre order the blu ray set and if so is it actually showing as shipping for you yet? Several friends and I have "arriving today at 8pm" as the message from amazon yet there's no indication it actually shipped yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/889824641858011136

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/889826029723942912

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I mean, he's not wrong.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

https://twitter.com/weeaboo/status/889978266722979840

And here I thought I couldn't like Araki any more than I already did :allears:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Johnny Joestar posted:

josuke and okuyasu are dating

but the only person qualified to make okuyasu a feast is tonio! can josuke even cook?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Condiv posted:

but the only person qualified to make okuyasu a feast is tonio! can josuke even cook?!

He punches leftovers from Tonio's to restore them to their cooked state.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm actually dating all of my fans from around the world, not just Okuyasu, thanks.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Isn't that first one the 3 act structure. How is it boring if 90% of movies follow it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CJ posted:

Isn't that first one the 3 act structure. How is it boring if 90% of movies follow it?

i'mm teach you a lil thing called "causation"

effect

CJ posted:

it boring
cause

CJ posted:

90% of movies follow it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

cause

this post was visited by GER

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

one of the youtubers that posts jojo clips like jotaro vs kira is hungry for subscribers so he's editing the title of his clips to anime spoilers till he gets 1k subscribers.

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbmmH7F4rok

he plans on changing the title every week till he gets what he wants

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
dude spoiler tag that poo poo... i never knew jotaro fought kira

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

that video reminds me of how Jotaro is always so impressed with Koichi. he has good taste

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yeah actually they will posted:

dude spoiler tag that poo poo... i never knew jotaro fought kira

not till my post gets 1000 emptyquotes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Annasui getting owned is one my favorite parts of part 6. This whole page had me rolling

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Josuke Higashikata posted:

effect

cause

He specifically says it's flawed as a story. How?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Annasui getting owned is one my favorite parts of part 6. This whole page had me rolling

Why must jojos hate animals :saddowns:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJ posted:

He specifically says it's flawed as a story. How?

I haven't read the book yet but it's a rote and predictable structure that stops people from taking risks or following a natural narrative flow.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Improbable Lobster posted:

I haven't read the book yet but it's a rote and predictable structure that stops people from taking risks or following a natural narrative flow.

Has anyone here read the book, or are we all just trying to divine Araki's meaning from a linegraph?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I've read it twice a month ago. I don't remember exactly what he said off the top of my head, but he's not a fan of that kind of structure because you basically just end up where you started and he likes meaningful growth in his stories. That section had a few illustrations of story curves he thinks work and why and I think the only exception to his stance on positive story curves being the gold standard are for zombie stories.

IIRC, part of that might stem from fan mail he got during serialization of Phantom Blood, where readers weren't super thrilled with Jonathan being Dio's punching bag until he grew a spine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

name one cuter person on earth

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I got my copy of Manga in Theory and Practice in today. What a handsome book.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
That they didn't keep the Japanese cover art is bullshit.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It really doesn't fit with the contents of the book tbh and it's also probably a brand synergy thing too. I probably wouldn't have noticed it on the shelves if not for the fact that it looks like a Jojonium.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I want to read this book

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

It really doesn't fit with the contents of the book tbh and it's also probably a brand synergy thing too. I probably wouldn't have noticed it on the shelves if not for the fact that it looks like a Jojonium.

Yeah, they're going for the Jojonium look for the season 1 BD and I'd assume they'd whip up some brand new Jojonium-style covers for when Part 4 comes around. I kinda like it for Manga in Theory and Practice. It makes it look like a book you'd use in a college course.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's a fine design, it's just kinda bad at catching your eye. the JPN cover is rohan and araki hugging intimately which is way better

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Huh, I didn't even know the BD was going for that look too. It's a real classy look and I'm kinda happy that this is what Jojo looks like.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm a spoiled brat but I'll forever be annoyed by the fact that Viz kinda screwed with the jojonium style in a way I'm not a big fan of, but I guess it's a tossup. JP edition is paperback with nicer-feeling pages and a slipcover. Viz edition is a hardcover with their regular pages. I own a couple of the JP ones and I'll probably keep them even after the US versions of those are released.

By the way, someone on JJCA asked Viz directly about the blu-ray release and there was a manufacturing error, which is why they were delayed. Annoying that only on release day did the window change but whatever.

60 second Rohan OVA PV airs on Tokyo MX soon.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brand synergy for a brand that pointedly changes what it is everytime it reaches a new part is really dumb.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I'm a spoiled brat but I'll forever be annoyed by the fact that Viz kinda screwed with the jojonium style in a way I'm not a big fan of, but I guess it's a tossup. JP edition is paperback with nicer-feeling pages and a slipcover. Viz edition is a hardcover with their regular pages. I own a couple of the JP ones and I'll probably keep them even after the US versions of those are released.

By the way, someone on JJCA asked Viz directly about the blu-ray release and there was a manufacturing error, which is why they were delayed. Annoying that only on release day did the window change but whatever.

60 second Rohan OVA airs on Tokyo MX soon.

where's the jojo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_dUx6VBcTs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Huh, the translation of Manga in Theory uses Oingo and Boingo instead of Zenyatta and Mondatta. Odd.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Waffleman_ posted:

Huh, the translation of Manga in Theory uses Oingo and Boingo instead of Zenyatta and Mondatta. Odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa6fbOF3x8M

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They also use Devo the Cursed and not Soul Sacrifice.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Do they have any changed names?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There aren't any that I've seen yet. Maybe since this book is more of a reference material, the rights are looser.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/890975915928309760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
gently caress yeah