Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I just broke the weed up into little pieces and hit it a few times and it seemed to work fine. I don't like getting super baked or being sure to use every part of the weed though so maybe I'm not being efficient? Not really sure. This was literally my first time vaping ever. Tasted better than smoking and my room doesn't smell.

Edit: that CD slot phone mount I posted about yesterday is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Aukey wireless Bluetooth headphones because my Motorola Verveloop+'s won't keep a charge anymore. :argh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have those.
For some reason when I use them to control a podcast, resuming after about an hour of standby will start it all over again, almost.
It's the weirdest thing and the BT menu doesn't reflect this behaviour.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

prom candy posted:

I just broke the weed up into little pieces and hit it a few times and it seemed to work fine. I don't like getting super baked or being sure to use every part of the weed though so maybe I'm not being efficient? Not really sure. This was literally my first time vaping ever. Tasted better than smoking and my room doesn't smell.

Edit: that CD slot phone mount I posted about yesterday is also good.

Grind your bud finely and you'll have a great experience every time!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I was talking with an old friend about candy we ate as a kid. I came up with Zotz. It's a hard candy with a fizzy powder in the middle. I was surprised to see they still make it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought some bagged cocktails and Zima bc my life is a fuckin mess

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

bongwizzard posted:

Does anyone make a vape for actual weed that doesn't require you to grind it into a fine dust?

I have a flowermate 5.0 and load it directly from my space case grinder.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Love this album. The Buzzcocks were kind of overlooked, and fell between the Pistols and The Clash. Saw them live recently, and even as geezers they played hard, fast,and loud."Harmony In My Head" was really aggressive for 1979.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

The Buzzcocks were kind of overlooked.

Huh, I've never felt this way.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I like the song that was in Shaun of the Dead v:shobon:v

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

bagged cocktails
I'm sorry what?

Is that the same as these?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Exciting!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Slimy Hog posted:

Huh, I've never felt this way.

In the U.K. I'm sure they were well known. But in the states, I rarely saw them mentioned in the media, music magazines, or heard their music. It was a band that had to be sought out. Might be because Americans didn't like that their name had cocks in it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mister Kingdom posted:

I was talking with an old friend about candy we ate as a kid. I came up with Zotz. It's a hard candy with a fizzy powder in the middle. I was surprised to see they still make it.

This is going to amaze you, but they never stopped making any candy, ever. Just go to the Dollar Tree or Michael's for some reason and they'll have that weird obscure poo poo nobody likes

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Pick posted:

This is going to amaze you, but they never stopped making any candy, ever. Just go to the Dollar Tree or Michael's for some reason and they'll have that weird obscure poo poo nobody likes

Zotz are also at every gas station ever.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

ChocNitty posted:

Love this album. The Buzzcocks were kind of overlooked, and fell between the Pistols and The Clash. Saw them live recently, and even as geezers they played hard, fast,and loud."Harmony In My Head" was really aggressive for 1979.

I loved this album when I was a teenager (in like 2002). Harmony in my Head was the best track imo, I never got into Magazine though.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

ChocNitty posted:

In the U.K. I'm sure they were well known. But in the states, I rarely saw them mentioned in the media, music magazines, or heard their music. It was a band that had to be sought out. Might be because Americans didn't like that their name had cocks in it.

I'm from and live in the U.S. and I always thought they were as well known as any punk band from that era. :shrug:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The new Professor Layton game is out on iOS and scratches an itch from long ago. The DS Layton games were great, and after catching up on the lore (where the gently caress did Layton go and who is this chick?) it really is more great Layton puzzles. Everyone in my house over the age of five is playing it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mister Kingdom posted:

Hello nostalgia!
200 for $16? Hell yeah!

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

[

Exciting!
[/quote]

Whatcha growing?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm from and live in the U.S. and I always thought they were as well known as any punk band from that era. :shrug:
Yep, anybody I've ever run into here (US) who is in anyway interested in punk/underground music has at least heard of the Buzzcocks.
Also: great username.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Lawen posted:

Keeping the keyboard chat going, finally got the Godspeed keycaps I ordered like a year ago and put them on one of my Ergodoxes. The keys aren't all correctly labeled and I'm going to have to track down some blanks to really get it finished but good enough for now.

Dragging this post back from a few pages back, but how much was this setup, all told? The keycaps, themselves, on Massdrop seem pretty pricey, yet they're really striking!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think it's more that the Buzzcocks are a band that everyone in the punk scene knows about, but The Clash and The Sex Pistols are bands that everyone who's generally into rock and metal knows about.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Pick posted:

As long as they have those strawberry candies your grandma used to give out I'm all in.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mugsbaloney posted:

Whatcha growing?

Mustard greens, maybe tomatoes again. The last time I did mustard greens indoors they didn't turn out as hot as the ones outdoors though so I'm considering using a different grow method.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

TheManWithNoName posted:

Zotz are also at every gas station ever.

They don't make the big Zotz any more I think. Those were my favorite. :smith:

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

null_pointer posted:

Dragging this post back from a few pages back, but how much was this setup, all told? The keycaps, themselves, on Massdrop seem pretty pricey, yet they're really striking!

It's...not a cheap hobby. $209 for the Ergodox Infinity kit from Massdrop with no keycaps, an hour or two of soldering, and another $137 for keycaps; so about $350 for this build.

If you just add on a blank keycap set to the Massdrop buy you can get a fully functional kit for about $250 but you'll still need to build/solder it. Alternately, if you don't gently caress with soldering, you can buy a prebuilt Ergodox EZ for about $270-355 depending on options.

On an unrelated note, I solicited recommendations for good hard candy from the thread a few weeks ago. Ordered and tried a ton of stuff that was suggested (and a bunch that wasn't suggested) and have found my favorites. Honorable mentions go to Kopiko coffee candy and goon-run Raley's Confectionary. My favorites though:

Reed's Butterscotch. Like the best butter rum Lifesavers ever. Complex butterscotch flavor with enough salt to make the flavor pop. Also, individually wrapped.

Key Lime discs. Several people suggested these as "those green and white candies that Mexican restaurants have". I've never been to a Mexican restaurant that has them but these things are great. Lime with a hint of creamy/coconut flavor. A bit artificial tasting but really good and relatively cheap compared to my other favorites.

Cavendish & Harvey Pear and Blackberry drops. Holy. loving. poo poo. Best candy I've ever had. Both the pear and the blackberry drops are insanely good but the pear is legit the best candy I've ever eaten. Their other flavors that I've tried (lemon, orange, sour cherry) are all very good but the pear and the blackberry are on a whole other level. These things are pretty loving expensive and inconvenient to carry around (big-rear end metal tin, not individually wrapped, and covered in powdered sugar so they don't stick together) but I really can't overstate how good they are.

E: oops, it wasn't this thread that I asked for candy suggestions in, it was PYF Products and Requests for Products thread. Guess I'll xpost this there as well.

Lawen has a new favorite as of 19:11 on Jul 26, 2017

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Lawen posted:

It's...not a cheap hobby. $209 for the Ergodox Infinity kit from Massdrop with no keycaps, an hour or two of soldering, and another $137 for keycaps; so about $350 for this build.

If you just add on a blank keycap set to the Massdrop buy you can get a fully functional kit for about $250 but you'll still need to build/solder it. Alternately, if you don't gently caress with soldering, you can buy a prebuilt Ergodox EZ for about $270-355 depending on options.

Christ. How do you like the Ergodox, with regard to the actual -- you know -- ergonomics? I have a Chinese knock-off split keyboard with wrist rest that I like, but those Godspeed keycaps are drool-inducing. Also: how long after a massdrop, uhh, drops, do you actually get the product? You said it took a friggin' year?

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

null_pointer posted:

Christ. How do you like the Ergodox, with regard to the actual -- you know -- ergonomics? I have a Chinese knock-off split keyboard with wrist rest that I like, but those Godspeed keycaps are drool-inducing. Also: how long after a massdrop, uhh, drops, do you actually get the product? You said it took a friggin' year?

The Godspeed keycaps took almost a year; I think they have the actual Ergodox kits down to 4-6 weeks to ship on the most recent drops. They're also about to do a drop on an XDA profile Godspeed set; I don't like the colors quite as much but the flatter XDA profile is saner for the Ergodox. I may end up buying another set of the XDA and selling off the SA Godspeeds I currently have.

As for the ergonomics...I really like them. I'd been using Microsoft Natural ergonomic/split keyboards for, like, 15+ years previously so the adjustment wasn't bad all. I was probably back up to normal typing speed within a week or two of switching. The big benefits for me (other than mechanical switches instead of rubber domes) are offloading common keys that are usually pinky keys (enter, backspace) to the thumb clusters and also being able to move the two halves further apart so that my elbows/forearms/wrists are all at straight/right angles and not pointed inward. The other nice thing (though not Ergodox-specific) is having multiple layers -- so layer0 is my normal keymap, layer1 has all of my media and Function keys, layer2 has a numpad, and layer3 is a weird layer where I put all of the keys most needed for gaming on just the left half so that when I play games I can just move the right half out of the way and scoot my mouse over, keeping my arms straight.

It could be confirmation bias since I've dumped a lot of time and money into them but I liked my first one enough that the one I posted previously is actually my 2nd and I have one for home and one for work now. My other one looks pretty baller too, if I say so myself (but also needs to be cleaned):

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
They look like really ugly robot hands.

e: or at the very least, a pair of really ugly robot mittens

Jeza has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Jul 26, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nifty minidrive for my mbp.

and some clear/matte skins for it.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
kraken snapback

squid shirt, the one I got is blue on heather gray but I can't find a decent picture of it

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Scrolling through I had to stop and read the description because this looks like something you'd put in your car before you murder someone so there's no DNA evidence

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

KingColliwog posted:

Scrolling through I had to stop and read the description because this looks like something you'd put in your car before you murder someone so there's no DNA evidence
Umm obviously you use a plastic tarp. That thing's not gonna prevent blood stains.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yeah obvs. Josh you got something you want to tell us?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm sorry what?

Is that the same as these?

Nah, literally in a bag that you freeze. Not bad honestly, though next time I might add a little rum--they're pretty weak

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Coredump posted:

Yeah obvs. Josh you got something you want to tell us?

Then he'd have to kill you too, dummy.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

Nah, literally in a bag that you freeze. Not bad honestly, though next time I might add a little rum--they're pretty weak

Yeah those frozen mixed drink things never have enough booze 1 or 2 shots added in will set you right.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist posted:

kraken snapback

squid shirt, the one I got is blue on heather gray but I can't find a decent picture of it

awesome shirt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

I bought some of those ironically once and then enjoyed them very uniorincly in the bathtub after an infuriating day of work. The are much improved with an added shot or three.