Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Darth Windu posted:

Like seriously come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

KickerOfMice posted:

If he were actually morbidly obese, he'd be carried around on a litter.
Look directly at the truth, as harmful as it is. You know it to be true.

nah.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/890368737186123776

This must be what my douchebag buddy was gloating about.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Honestly, I feel like Trump helps me understand the mindset of places like Russia and Turkey better.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Avalanche posted:

When's the last time we had a morbidly obese president?

The better question is whether a gas station canopy could support his weight.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mentat Priebus De Vries
The Beast Bannon
And Fayd Scaramutha

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Elotana posted:

Honestly, I feel like Trump helps me understand the mindset of places like Russia and Turkey better.

I totally get what you are saying. Like a lot of times in shithole authoritarian counties I wonder like how some people are so ok with it. Like I used to work for a guy who grew up in China who literally never had anything bad to say about the government there even though he was happily living in America as a citizen for the past 25 years. And now I'm seeing it in so many of my fellow Americans it's scary. I know dictators don't give a drat what the people think and rule through fear, but I still think they won't function at all if at least some portion of the population doesn't truly support them. As long as he's one of THEIR guys then they don't care about rule of law, democracy, free speech, etc.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Lost in the day:

One question about Trump's comments on McCabe:

Don't government employees have protection form political discrimination? McCabe, even though he is a senior level administrator, is a civil servant, and his or his wife's political activities are really not anything that should effect his job, anymore than if he was an entry level accountant working at an IRS office or something.

I mean, obviously there are a lot more norms being broken, but isn't there some type of regulation that protects government employees from being discriminated against based on political affiliation?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

How long until this spills into other nations? Threatening Canada and Europe with not honoring military or other agreements unless they collapse their healthcare systems and allow Blue Cross to set up shop, etc

Chilichimp posted:

Mentat Priebus De Vries
The Beast Bannon
And Fayd Scaramutha

"Rabban" is derived from Hebrew, I wonder if you knew that

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Elotana posted:

Same. I think this has been a profound experience, I understand the world so much more, human nature, history, etc. We're living the book about a tyrant's rise.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Lightning Lord posted:

How long until this spills into other nations? Threatening Canada and Europe with not honoring military or other agreements unless they collapse their healthcare systems and allow Blue Cross to set up shop, etc

"Rabban" is derived from Hebrew, I wonder if you knew that

How's that steel trade war with china going? All he'll do is crow about it and the lie when this hurts our economy.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chilichimp posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/890368737186123776

This must be what my douchebag buddy was gloating about.

So now even the Judiciary is going Her Emails. This administration needs a hard reset.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

KickerOfMice posted:

If he were actually morbidly obese, he'd be carried around on a litter.
Look directly at the truth, as harmful as it is. You know it to be true.

All he does most of the week is ride around on a golf cart. There are people probably carrying him or else he'll start firing, screaming and tweeting more.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Data Graham posted:

What a fuckin day this has been.

I knew it was gonna be one for the ages. Wasn't expecting quite so many plot twists in the Trumpmerica series though. One for the seasonal compilation video but if you ask me the first seasons a mess already and I hop they cancel the second. Too many subplots

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Same. I think this has been a profound experience, I understand the world so much more, human nature, history, etc. We're living the book about a tyrant's rise.

Well we're fortunate that Trump is one of the weaker tyrants in history.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I know it's totally pointless but a part of me wants to see some "thoughtful" / "intellectually honest" Trumpist watch that sanctuary city video and tell me, just loving take a wild swing at how he might possibly spin it as not being the literal embodiment of everything we ever knew about the rise of Naziism, down to the last little turn of phrase and flourish of imagery.

All those countless cases we've all endlessly heard of and read about of young beautiful girls being carved up with knives by bloodthirsty illegal immigrants.

Such as

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well we're fortunate that Trump is one of the weaker tyrants in history.

Only because of the country he's in. Many tyrants really were/are emotionally children.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Crabtree posted:

All he does most of the week is ride around on a golf cart. There are people probably carrying him or else he'll start firing, screaming and tweeting more.

This seems like something a nanny would type about a twelve year old in beverly hills, on a bad day. This is our leader.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
I am getting far too negative. Enjoy Titus Andromedon's "Boobs in California."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHY_iKvmSpQ

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Only because of the country he's in. Many tyrants really were/are emotionally children.

Well yeah. Institutionally this country's democracy is still strong. It's not like a place like post-Soviet Russia which had a democratic tradition for all of like 2 years before everything went to hell again.

Trump also making enemies out of the very people and organizations that tyrants are supposed to utilize also helps a lot.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I know it's totally pointless but a part of me wants to see some "thoughtful" / "intellectually honest" Trumpist watch that sanctuary city video and tell me, just loving take a wild swing at how he might possibly spin it as not being the literal embodiment of everything we ever knew about the rise of Naziism, down to the last little turn of phrase and flourish of imagery.

All those countless cases we've all endlessly heard of and read about of young beautiful girls being carved up with knives by bloodthirsty illegal immigrants.

Such as

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 27, 2017

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Trump seems like the kind of person that would put his grubby paw in a plate of Tater Tots and stuff some of them in a jacket pocket to snack on throughout the day.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

PhazonLink posted:

What did they call the nuclear option before nukes/atomic science were a thing?

The Carthaginian Solution iirc

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dick Trauma posted:

Trump seems like the kind of person that would put his grubby paw in a plate of Tater Tots and stuff some of them in a jacket pocket to snack on throughout the day.

Stale tots are nasty by all measures.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haha those numbers of guns stolen. nowadays that'd be for, like, an average day for a single precinct or county

Convergence
Apr 9, 2005

Data Graham posted:

Such as

He's almost certainly referring to this, and not making it up on the spot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.211ff8640f5b

non paywall: http://www.oxygen.com/blogs/ms-13-gang-member-narrated-grisly-video-of-teen-girls-killing

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

empty whippet box posted:

haha those numbers of guns stolen. nowadays that'd be for, like, an average day for a single precinct or county

Need guns to protect your guns.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/890320128155549697

rack 'em

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
In the land of the post-skinny-repeal, the man with medicaid has access to health care.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Funny how MS 13 are the only gang that has their racial majority deported from the country.

:thunk:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

and then spent like 7 years in prison.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone with any sense at all should want Sessions gone as soon as humanly possible.

I want Sessions to stay as AG but recuse himself from absolutely everything and have Trump poo poo on him every 5 minutes of every day. I mean, I'm also hoping that Rosenstein is possessed by the ghost of Thurgood Marshall in this case, but I think that scenario would allow me to enjoy the tenure of Sessions without destroying my very soul.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
because she confessed to someone who turned her in

next time don't do t hat

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Should have been a lot longer in prison too, but with better treatment

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Whole indictment should have been thrown out after she was tortured in custody, but if we're getting real, Obama should have pardoned her on Nov 9 2012 along with all the federal nonviolent drug offenders and Snowden

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/MarcGoldwein/status/890396857129725952

:laugh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Spaced God posted:

Whoever Trump appoints will be infinitely worse than Sessions because they'll fire Mueller on top of being racist and homophobic

This would require the current GOP to be ok with a Saturday Night Massacre-style situation. I don't doubt for a second that plenty of them would be perfectly ok with it. But if even a couple moderates turn against Trump due to it that is enough to paralyze one or both chambers of Congress at the least. Trump's replacement would almost certainly not get a hearing and if they did it'd consist of a lot of "DON'T YOU loving THINK OF FIRING MUELLER" commentary.

I think McCain would still just be Very Concerned because he's one of the most loyal Republicans in Congress, but if the GOP went in lockstep support of Trump it'd result in widespread protest and probably some violence as people watch the GOP (continue to) stand united to put themselves above the law.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

So that's done then. What options are left other than giving up?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

So that's done then. What options are left other than giving up?

Hire Covok to drum up support for the GOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Don't get my hopes up.

• Locked thread