Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Oh also:

Huzzah for small towns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Artum posted:

Oh also:

Huzzah for small towns.

Can you snap a quick photo of the Razorback page for me? I want to see what weapon options they kept in the Codex...

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'm thinking I'll make Thunder Eaters an imperial fists successor. People hate on bolter drill but I'm thinking using it on a max unit of bubmblemarines will be devastating, especially with them getting that giant price drop.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Can you snap a quick photo of the Razorback page for me? I want to see what weapon options they kept in the Codex...

It's heavy bolters, lascannons, and assault cannons.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

hahaha

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Can still use the index entry for las+plas

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

chutche2 posted:

Can still use the index entry for las+plas

Sure why not drag an extra book around.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Can confirm.

Also holy gently caress the other page of marine stratagems are cool, 1cp and a dreadnought get the captain reroll aura for a turn, 2cp when a character dies to have it do a round of shooting or cc, 3cp at the end of the fight phase to make a unit straight up go again, 2cp to shoot at enemy reinforcements with 12 at - 1, 1cp to break a 10 man squad into combat squads mid game to name a few.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Those are some drat fine stratagems, I can't wait till we see what Admec get. Something suitably beep boop would be rad.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Was that $30 price tag at store discount, or is that the standard price for the codex?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

This isn't the first time they've gotten rid of las/plas. They did the same thing in 4th edition. It was back in the next book and twin-linked assault cannons were added to the list of options.

LingcodKilla posted:

Sure why not drag an extra book around.
How onerous do you think that is? The thing's softback.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Geoff Zahn posted:

Was that $30 price tag at store discount, or is that the standard price for the codex?

Its 50 normally.

Safety Factor posted:

How onerous do you think that is? The thing's softback.
Having to flip through more books sucks and ill give him this one. If they wanna retire certain weapon options they should just do it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
What can dreadnoughts equip now in the codex? I know that TLACs are out but that's the only one I know.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

PantsOptional posted:

What can dreadnoughts equip now in the codex? I know that TLACs are out but that's the only one I know.

Only things in the dread and vendread plastic kits. Aren't TLAC dreads and rifleman dreads just in the forge world index though? People keep acting like they got removed.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
What kind of book flipping do you have to do for a freakin Razorback?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Like, you're not flipping through extra books though. Las + plas is 45 points, and I don't think it's hard to remember what a twin plasma does. I have basically all the index point costs that I use memorized.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 27, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RagnarokAngel posted:

Having to flip through more books sucks and ill give him this one. If they wanna retire certain weapon options they should just do it.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What kind of book flipping do you have to do for a freakin Razorback?
:same:

The problem is that GW is being weird about legacy options like las/plas and autocannon dreadnoughts. I know why they didn't include them in the codex, but I disagree with their reasoning. You've got plenty of players who have gone out of their way to convert those models or buy the Forge World versions of the weapons. At least the mortis dreadnought entry still lets players use their autocannons. It's just dumb when all it takes is a few words here and there to keep them around.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Artum posted:

Only things in the dread and vendread plastic kits. Aren't TLAC dreads and rifleman dreads just in the forge world index though? People keep acting like they got removed.

No, they were in the regular Index for Space Marines.

I also heard they removed the combi-Grav from the Sergeant combi-weapons list. Can you confirm?

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010
What's up with Crimson Fists markings? Who gets the red hands? I heard only vets. I'm doing my DI primarus up as them as a sample army for demos.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

WhiteWolf123 posted:

No, they were in the regular Index for Space Marines.

I also heard they removed the combi-Grav from the Sergeant combi-weapons list. Can you confirm?

Access to combi-gravs was really weird in 7th as well, to be fair.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

flamingweedle posted:

What's up with Crimson Fists markings? Who gets the red hands? I heard only vets. I'm doing my DI primarus up as them as a sample army for demos.

Everyone gets a red left hand, 1st company get both hands.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Pendent posted:

Access to combi-gravs was really weird in 7th as well, to be fair.

I guess I'm specifically checking to see if Biker Sergeants can take Combi-Gravs in the Codex or if I'll have to use Index rules/points for them...

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

flamingweedle posted:

Everyone, except scouts, get a left red hand. Veterans have both hands red. So a Sergeant would be left red hand, Vet Sergeant who has served in 1st (Crusading) company gets both.

Also, finally finished my first squad of intercessors:

Full album here.

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010

bonds0097 posted:

Everyone, except scouts, get a left red hand. Veterans have both hands red. So a Sergeant would be left red hand, Vet Sergeant who has served in 1st (Crusading) company gets both.

Also, finally finished my first squad of intercessors:

Full album here.

Thanks. That is a really good reference picture to go off of.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'd been fairly certain that I was going to skip picking up the vanilla marine codex and just wait for the Blood Angels book, but man those strategems are making me really tempted to say I'm running Genesis Chapter or something.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

panascope posted:

It's lame that Abaddon, the villain of the setting and one of the main characters, has a model that's old enough to drink.

I'm certain they'll have a Chaos Triumvirate box in a few months with Mortarion, Abbadon, and some demon jabroni.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

JoshTheStampede posted:

I'm certain they'll have a Chaos Triumvirate box in a few months with Mortarion, Abbadon, and some demon jabroni.

I sure hope so. I would love some hints at new stuff other than SM and Death Guard.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

JoshTheStampede posted:

The third should be Angron, the Angry Pokemon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It's gonna be three "new" bigly heroes.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Death Guard is awesome but there is so much more diversity to Chaos, far more than you'll ever find in the loyalist chapters that are all just palette swaps of each other with various overpowered rules to keep the kids happy

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

goose willis posted:

Death Guard is awesome but there is so much more diversity to Chaos, far more than you'll ever find in the loyalist chapters that are all just palette swaps of each other with various overpowered rules to keep the kids happy

Hey, we're not all palette swaps.

Try and tell the difference between iron hands and raven guard if you can't see the beakie helmets. We didn't bother swapping palettes.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Are dual pistols or dual chainswords still legal Vanguard Vet load outs in the codex?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I mean this is a real, honest question here. Yes, I know I'm someone that is very obviously biased and I am sitting on a gigantic mountain of salt. Just bear with me here.

Can you seriously tell the difference between all the loyalist marine chapters?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

goose willis posted:

I mean this is a real, honest question here. Yes, I know I'm someone that is very obviously biased and I am sitting on a gigantic mountain of salt. Just bear with me here.

Can you seriously tell the difference between all the loyalist marine chapters?

There are 1000, so no.

gently caress there's a "Minotaurs" and "Brazen Minotaurs" chapter.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I can respect something like Space Wolves because they're visually and tactically distinct plus they have plenty of unique unit types

Please tell me what is so special about a Dark Angels versus an Ultramarines force besides one of them wearing robes and wielding slightly more plasma weapons than average and the other being an army of overpowered poorly-written pricks to get impressionable teens to buy the game

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I meam, deathwing is distinct at least. A company equipped entirely with terminators. Ultramarines are going to use a lot more sternguard.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

An elite force of humanity's most elite warriors, who employ elite units? Why, I never, just loving stop the presses right now we've got a hell of a scoop

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
It's almost like both loyalists and traitors have some chapters that are very unique and some that are mostly the same. Word Bearers and Alpha Legion and Black Legion are as similar as Ultras/IronHands/RavenGuard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

goose willis posted:

I can respect something like Space Wolves because they're visually and tactically distinct plus they have plenty of unique unit types

Please tell me what is so special about a Dark Angels versus an Ultramarines force besides one of them wearing robes and wielding slightly more plasma weapons than average and the other being an army of overpowered poorly-written pricks to get impressionable teens to buy the game

Right now? Not much. In the future? Probably a few minor things.