Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ramses just shoulda coulda worked harder. I'm sad to see him get the boot, but happy for the results.

...so long as these chucklefucks keep their poo poo in order for another few days :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If he had completely thrown that veto comp three weeks ago I wonder if they would have been down getting rid of Josh instead. But yeah, he really didn't put in the work this time around.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

Ramses just shoulda coulda worked harder. I'm sad to see him get the boot, but happy for the results.

...so long as these chucklefucks keep their poo poo in order for another few days :ohdear:

That's the thing, 2 days is like eternity in BB time, and some of these houseguests have some super loose lips. I'm holding out for it though - looking good so far!

Jess and Cody screwed Ramses too. She absolutely should have taken him off the block if Josh was her target, or at the least talk to the other houseguests and confirm votes - which, last I saw she only checked with Elena/Christmas? I understand her not wanting to make waves but...honey, a storms comin'

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She checked with Paul quickly yesterday. But yeah, Jess has been lazy about this the whole time and kind of deserves this blindside. During a Cody and Jess talk last night I heard her say this gem.

Jessica: Is it too much to just expected everyone to do what I want?

Yes, it absolutely is. Cody and Jess don't get that the game doesn't revolve around them and its not in the other HGs' interests to do what they want if it hurts them. It goes back to how offended she was that they wouldn't vote out Christmas because she was a threat to Jess. She doesn't get that's not how the game works.

Ramses has made a LOT of mistakes in this game. Banner-gate, the POV, his general "pop up" Andy game. He also has gotten screwed with the Curse and Kevin/Paul framing him for the vote and the $25K. But ultimately he could have avoided this if he had just gone to Jessica on Sunday and insisted that he didn't feel safe and if she wanted to assure Josh going home he was the worst person to have up there.

I think that's what a lot of them are using to justify lying to Ramses. He and Jessica largely made this situation happen by just assuming they were safe and never actually working to assure it. Christmas has talked a bunch about how surprised she is Jessica never tried to assure with the house that Ramses was a safe pawn the way Paul did with Alex or Alex did with Mark. She just declared Ramses "the pawn" and expected every one to do what she wants. So this is all on her.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
We still dont know what the curse is for halting hex right?

What if it was that whoever uses it and whoever is saved by it cant play in the next HOH?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I think Julie said this curse would change the house forever? Or something like that. No guesses here, I just remember her being typically ominous about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Every BB twist "changes the house forever." Its never really worth speculating on. And we're like 36 hours away from knowing anyway.

Flashing back to what I missed last night...

Jess tells Cody that production told her she can't lie about Hex and got reprimanded for lying to Kevin about it. I guess that falls under "using production as strategy" if you start making up powers you have when you have a real one. Jess was trying to strategize how to use it and scenarios but Cody wasn't interested in this whole Big Brother thing. He's content to go with "we'll threaten the HOH."

Josh's fake depression is continuing to turn into real insanity.

Josh: I'm loving in here and I'm loving losing it. My best friend is Orwell the talking owl. What the gently caress, America? I'm losing my poo poo!

Josh: You got Ramses doing rounds around the house like he works for hall pass. You better show Ramses your hall pass or head back to class because he's doing rounds for Cody and Jessica. You've got Elena, she's like Cody's ears. She's got sonographic ears. You've got Mark eying people like he's working for the FBI. What the gently caress? You can't walk around here. You can't pee in peace. You can't have a plate of food in peace. You need to walk around here looking miserable or else they're like "He's not miserable, there's something going on! What's going on? Its sketchy!" They're paranoid and its making me paranoid! I don't know if I'm going home, if I'm staying! What the gently caress is going on, America? At this point I think I'm going home on Thursday!

Josh's Mark impression.

Josh: I was like "I'm going to lay low, I'm going to mope around, and a target will present itself." And Elena popped up out of nowhere! You should have chilled! Stop bitching about the dishes and do them. Stop walking around here like you're Detective Elena. But now her game blew up. Everybody's onto you! Everybody's onto her like a loving hawk. Orwell's onto her. Orwell knows what's going on. He's like "Elena. I got you. I spotted you." Orwell's got eyes on Elena!

Josh: Orwell, say something! You got me looking crazy! You talk all the time and now you don't talk?

Josh: Kevin says that the pimp of all pimps is Paul. Is he crazy? He's playing himself. The pimp is Orwell!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Good lord I hope they don't screw this up and Josh didn't seclude himself for nothing

Also it makes me very unhappy that Cody will be overjoyed by the No Trans in the Military thing Trump just announced when he gets out of the house, rear end in a top hat

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I want Jess to pop her power when she figures out Rames is leaving

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That would be hilarious. Definitely not worth it, though, because the temptation will be most useful if she threatens to use it the next time the other side has HOH and gets that side to crack up. Even if you wouldn't use it with Mark/Elena on the block, say you will to try to pressure the HOH to do something that really mixes up the game. For obvious reasons she'll use it if Cody is up, but that's the right move since he's so feared, and him being bought another week likely buys her another week too by keeping that shield in front of her. I'm uncertain if it's actually worth pulling the trigger for a Mark/Elena block. Probably not, but maybe it depends how close the temptation is to expiring. This upcoming week, don't use it for their sake, but the week after that, maybe? And obviously it's a go in the final week.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If she threatened to use it I would still put her on the block and make it happen then and there anyway because then it's gone. I honestly think it's best used as a surprise.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If they really think of it a big factor is that if you force her to burn it this week and things "rewind" then that might mean that Jessica can't play in HOH again. If you give in and give them a week then Jessica and Cody both get to play HOH AND they have the Hex.

As I think about the math seems like this:

Option A: Target Mark/Elena. Hopefully get one of them out. Go into HOH against Cody, Jessica, and whichever (probably Mark) is left. Hex still in play to erase the week if they don't win so you'll have to face off against that crew again.

Option B: Say screw it. Put up Cody and Jessica. Force her to burn the Hex. Go back into HOH against just Cody and maybe try and convince Mark and Elena to be on your side against them and that if they side with them then its war.

So I'd definitely take B. It might be different if the house wasn't SO set against Cody and Jessica. She thinks she can use it to leverage people into working with her, but she thinks she's actually made headway with the house and repaired all their problems. Things will be even harsher divided after the blindside and there's just no real upside in anyone working with Cody and Jessica even if it means losing their HOH. At least they should get a chance to win it a second time and they shouldn't make any new enemies.

But I also wouldn't be blindsiding Elena and Mark and it seems like they might be doing that. I'd be trying to flip them back over like you did in Week 1. Given Elena's sense of self survival, Mark's flakiness and weak will, and Cody and Jessica's intolerance for "disloyalty" you could theoretically both of them and once again Cody and Jess may just go so toxic that they cement them against them like in Week 1/2. The only real harm you can do is exposing the blindside and dealing with the fallout earlier.

I'd definitely try and turn Elena tonight if I was them. I'm starting to think they won't, but today would be the day if its going to happen.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jul 26, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I feel like the play is definitely flushing the power out. Typically BB players are too timid for plays like that, but I think it really is the only sensible thing to do.

If they used their brains, they would figure that her power would be along the lines of a veto, coup d'etat, or a rewind, as those are the only things that have precedent so far, (and it is actually close to the truth!) You can't have that hanging over your head for two weeks, especially if you have power. If it were something insanely powerful, like replacing noms, or vote negation, you have to assume she is going to use it if you target anyone on "her side". So screw it. Playing around her mystery power is practically giving her another week in power.

Personally, I would put up Cody and Mark, telling them that they are getting the chance to fight for their lives in the game at least. Since people are suspecting Jess has a power, and assuming she doesn't just publicly threaten to use it immediately, I would openly tell her that I have no interest in backdooring her and that the only way she goes on the block is if Elena gets POV and takes Mark down. I would also tell her if she is going to use the power, then use it, but I would plant the seed that Mark and Elena are every big as targets for me and that I don't care who goes home this week, even floating that Jess winning POV and taking down Cody would be "fine with me." After the blindside, she would most likely definitely use the power if Cody or her were still up by Thursday, but whatever, at least the power is gone.

I'd definitely work on flipping Elena, but I dunno how much of a hard sell that would be to basically get her to completely ditch Mark. Her being willing and knowingly a pawn would be important to minimize the blood should the hex get used, since her name will be thrown around a lot with Mark. The crazier play would be having Paul be the replacement nom, but I feel like Paul wouldn't like that very much and I highly doubt Jess would believe he was actually being backdoored while sitting next to Cody.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know if I'd actively try and separate Elena from Mark. She seemed willing to do that last week but a week is a long time and its a really risky/ambitious play.

I'd probably tell her that the house has decided to keep Josh because they don't trust Ramses, think he's working with Cody and Jess, and are all against Cody and Jess. I'd warn her that the eviction could draw lines again so she has to know which side she wants to be on. I'd tell her that the house is linking Mark to Cody and Jess and sketched out by how quickly he ran back to him and how that fits with all the Dom/Christmas stuff the last couple of weeks. I might not tell her how much everyone personally dislikes Mark or wants him gone so bad, and try not to make it look like I'm trying to turn her against her showmance. But I'd make it clear that the house sees Cody, Jessica, and Mark as the enemy.

I'd only do that as a house decision. I wouldn't want to risk being exposed as playing both sides, although I could see Paul doing it on his own. I'd go to everyone and say "we should try and get Elena with us so its one less person we have to worry about winning HOH." Late Wednesday night I think that would see, and telling her late Wednesday or mid day Thursday could be close enough to sustain the blindside and control the fallout. It also doesn't really give Elena enough time to decide to go regroup with Cody, Jess, and Mark.

But its touchy and you have to find the way to do it without threatening Elena or making it seem like you've been lying to her the entire week (which they have). You have to be able to spin it as you trying to help her and get her on the right side of things. I think Elena's reasonable and smart enough to get that message and not take it too personally as Jessica did in Week 1. But its very touchy when dealing with a showmance.

The rub is, I suspect Elena doesn't know how much she hurt her game this week and linked herself to Jody. She's got a very high opinion of her social game and I don't think she realizes everyone has picked up the pattern of her cozying up to the HOH each week. It wasn't super obvious until now since she was already working with Paul and she made a deal with Alex on the wall. But everyone picked up on it this week and Alex and Jason were both seem to really feel like she and Mark played them last week. I don't think she knows any of that and you kind of have to find a nice way to break that to her to make her realize how much she needs to make good with the house.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 26, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will never get tired of this.

They just got locked down. Its only 27 hours or so till show time so probably no big HOH setup. Either a questions one, or people speculating that the Curse will be America's HOH are taking it as a good sign.

Only think I noticed on the feeds was Jessica lamenting that the last couple of weeks were the "lowest point" of her life and that her mother will be furious at her for putting herself in such a position. Tomorrow night's going to be hard for Jessica. I mean the Hex and a possible HOH win could cushion that fall, but still. Jessica really, really, really thinks she's the hero of the story and getting the villain Josh out is her huge, fairytale victory.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I know there's 0% chance of this happening, but I would love if the curse from Jessica's temptation was that there was no jury this season and that America will vote when it gets down to the final 2. I don't even love the America's vote stuff, but throwing a huge curveball into the "just trying to make it to jury" crowd would be amazing.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Wonder if the curse might be America chooses next week's third nominee. Would possibly force her to burn the hex to save Cody or herself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In a real "WTF?!" Jason asks Paul if he thinks "Tiger" (Alex) is sketchy. Paul seems as shocked as me and asks why Jason would ask. Jason rambles a little. He's a paranoid dude when he's questioning basically the only person who trusts him fully in the house.

Paul reassures the 7-3 vote for tomorrow and that if its a Double Eviction the plan is Cody and Elena to get the showmances against each other. So I guess he ain't cluing Elena in.

Paul talks to Elena and Mark about this being a big week. No clue about the blindside. He says he's worried about the Temptation and Curse. Paul speculates that there might be a comp that results in a straight eviction. They get distracted for like 10 minutes trying to explain to Mark why Paul and Christmas couldn't curse themselves. He's getting worked up about it because he doesn't understand. Paul says he thinks Jess has it. Ramses pops in and out of the room and Mark gets worked up.

Paul's talking about the Temptation/Curse to Jess. Jess asks if he knew what the Curse was when he got his Temptation. Paul says no and shares his "Eviction Comp" theory. Jess speculates that the Curse might kick in when the Temptation is used. Jess asks Paul who he thinks has it. He says he thought her at first but now doesn't know. Jess says she doesn't think it benefits someone to reveal they have the Temptation but "a lot of people have done stuff I thought would affect their games and it hasn't." Paul thinks a Double Eviction would be stupid since they're already built into the game. Jess thinks it has to be big since its the last one and Paul notes the last Care Package was lame (the bribe). There's a lot of back and forth speculation that would just make Jess look super sketchy if she reveals she has it tomorrow. Not that it will matter after the blindside, but its bad gameplay considering her plans. Jess asks who he's voting out and he says Josh, but amends it that Ramses is "doing a lot of poo poo." He says if multiple people "gang up on him" to change it then... Jess says if Ramses gets voted out she's going to feel "so guilty." Jess says people expected her to "do other things" and she would have been justified to so since she didn't people owe her to "get on board." Jess is now just ranting about how disgusting Josh is and how satisfied she'll feel getting him out. Jess says Josh was blaming someone else for telling him to go after her in the HOH but didn't say a name, but then she says Josh told her Paul said to go after her during the POV a couple of weeks ago, and then she gets kind of confused by things. Paul denies it and spins some tale about Josh taking from his book.

Alex has found out that Jason questioned her to Paul and she's browbeating him about talking outside the family.
Jason: I thought Paul was with us?
Alex: But don't talk to him about me!

Cody complaining to Mark that Alex has "no appreciation" to him for whatever he thinks he did for her and is outraged that she put up Jessica as a pawn. Cody says they can use her and Jason as assets if they "stop losing their minds." Mark basically says he hasn't talked game to anyone since Cody came back. That's bad, Mark. Cody thinks he's mended fences with Christmas. Lots of whispering about what they're going to do. I think the gist of it is Cody telling Mark he's going after Paul and Mark saying he's cool with it but will lie to Elena about it. I dunno. They're whispering they're boring and smug.

Paul tells Elena, Matt, and Raven about his Jess conversation and is still acting like Josh is going home. He says Jess is paranoid about the vote. Elena says she's worried because people haven't promised her their votes. Paul says they don't have to and that's not how the game works and things got turned around a couple of times on his season. They start talking about Temptations, Curses, and Double Evictions and Matt slips up and says "Ramses leaves and we have another one?"

Cody tells Jess that Mark just "spilled" that he, Elena, and Paul are a "huge alliance." He thinks this because Mark told him he hasn't talked game with Paul since he came back. Which is true but Cody thinks is a lie. Jess asks what he wants to do then. Cody still wants to target Paul to try and make Marlena come around. Jess thinks taking out Paul will reshuffle the house. Cody says "we have" Kevin, Ramses, and Christmas. :O Jess thinks Christmas "has been reaching out." Jess tells Cody about her Paul conversation. In her version she got in Paul's face and told him everyone needs to be afraid of pissing her off. Jess thinks Paul is going to try and flip the votes but she has Mark and Elena and that's what she's banking on. Which is weird because those are her only votes. Cody thinks Mark and Josh are faking their hatred. Jess still thinks its the Week 1 sides. She knows they should be downstairs playing but she just hates everyone so much and doesn't want to. Jess can't play nice with Alex anymore because its "tearing at her soul." Cody looks forward to winning HOH so they don't have to talk to anyone. Cody wants to talk to Alex and Jason and Jess wants to be there to police him. Cody thinks Alex feels guilty for voting him out (she was on the block) and Jess says she wants him out of the house because people "correlate" Alex and Cody together. Jess is really and truly still in Week 1.

Raven, Paul, and Christmas discuss how Elena is asking questions about the vote and next week but isn't saying anything.

Jess has worked up one of her reversal betrayal retcons where Paul is the one who betrayed Cody because he had the chance to work with him when he won HOH but he choose to put Cody up. Cody adds that he could have thrown the Battle Back. I'm not sure I've ever seen such intense delusion in the BB House.

Paul is in Napoleon mode and micro managing. He grills Kevin about not getting cute with the vote this week. He tells Christmas that she and Alex need to babysit Jason and Mark. Christmas says if they nominate Mark and Elena they keep some "promise" to Cody and Jessica but then backdoor Cody. I don't follow the Christmas semantics of when a lie isn't a lie. She's got a little Vanessa in her.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Haha wow Jess and Cody are truly a delusional mess.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas reassures Josh. She tells him he puts up Cody and Jess with a Mark backdoor and everyone else does Mark/Elena with Cody backdoor. Christmas says Cody and Jess keep saying they want to make jury and they can use that. Josh correctly points out that they want Jury to have a chance for a Jury Battle Back. Josh says he's played reactively all season but he can play smarter and has acted dumb all week. Christmas is kind of manically throwing out scenarios and she's got me a little confused, so good luck to Josh.

Matt: I had a massive plate of chicken and eggs.
Raven: is there any chicken left?
Matt: No.
Raven: I like how you didn't leave any for me. Thanks.
Matt: I wish you would just stop talking to me.
Raven: I wish you would just stop breathing.

Christmas asks if she can put a metal bowl in the microwave. Jason says its fine and it will "just spark." Christmas decides against it.

Cody puts on Jessica's pants. He thinks they work on him as "pirate pants". No one agrees. Ramses says they're too gay. Cody asks if gays dress different and everyone says yes. Cody is not happy about this. Kevin is the lone vote of support. Kevin likes to troll people to make them do stupid things. Jason says Alex has those same pants.

Jess: If you had worn those on Day 1 I would have assumed you were in the closet.
Elena: If you had worn those I might have thought you were straight but you're definitely a dancer.
Cody: Ok, we're having sex right now!

Paul shares the new Mark/Elena backdoor Cody plan Christmas came up with to Jason. Paul says Christmas came up with it with Matt and Raven so that's how he knows they're not "full of poo poo." He says they have to keep playing telephone so they're not all seen together. Paul basically says he just plans to tell them the house flipped. Talk about how Marlena are all over Jody. Its funny because as they talk Cody, Jess, Mark, Elena, and Ramses are all at the chess board chilling without a clue. Jason's sore about Marlena playing him last week. Any reservations Jason had at the start of the week are gone with the way Marlena and Ramses have cozied up to Jody. Paul says he now sees why they have to keep Josh.

Cody and Mark are playing checkers because Cody won't play chess (Bless you, Cody). Elena and Jess are doing their nails. Elena's definitely getting blindsided tomorrow.

Kevin checks in with Jason. He says its "going to gently caress people up." He doesn't care because it won't be them.

Elena's wised up and left the upstairs royal court to go down to the bathroom with the peasants. Elena's usually socially smarter than she's been this week which is why I'm so surprised she got blinded to all this.

Paul notes to Christmas that Cody keeps talking about wanting to kill Russians and asks if he knows Paul is Russian. Christmas thinks he can't be that dumb. Paul says Cody and Jess keep saying stuff about "as long as its not Russian" and doesn't know what to make of. Christmas hasn't noticed but Paul tells her to pay attention to it.

Kevin is cleaning the bathroom and tells a story about a prison murder where a guy was blowtorched to death and it stained the floor so bad they can't get rid of it no matter how many times they paint it. This may actually be an appropriate metaphor for trying to clean the BB House bathroom. Now Kevin's just telling general stories of brutal prison murders of sexual predators by bashing their heads in with stones.
Paul: That's awesome.

Christmas tells the story of her agent trying to talk her out of going on BB so they flip away.

Bored. Doesn't look like they're going to say anything to Elena or Mark and Jessica and Ramses are in no rush to press. So I'm just bowing out for now. I've been getting up early for work this week so its weird to be tired and realize its not even 4 PM in the BB House. Hopefully nothing happens while I be a normal human being and sleep and work.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Weird thing about Kevin's prison stories, his parents where massive drug dealers. So they may or may not be true.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Paul's not Russian. He's Armenian. I understand not wanting to have anything in common with the Kardashians, but he seems like he's getting as far up into his own rear end as Jody.

gently caress returning players.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He said he's part Russian. So he can be both. I have no idea of his ethnicity beyond what he says obviously but Armenia was part of the Russian Empire and many dispersed to Russia as a result of the Armenian Genocide. So it makes sense for him to be Armenian Russian or Russian Armenian and I have nothing to say otherwise. My ethnicity is Irish Spanish American. You don't have to be "pure" or something.

I hated him in BB18, don't love him now, but don't hate him as much mainly because of the contrast of how much I hate Cody, Jess, and Mark. He can still be annoying but in general he's been fairly low key. Especially this week on slop. But he's definitely as much of an ego driven guy who thinks he's puppetmastering everything (and has been doing a fair bit) and I'm sure I'll get back to hating him if he lasts long or next time he ends up out of the "underdog" position.

sbaldrick posted:

Weird thing about Kevin's prison stories, his parents where massive drug dealers. So they may or may not be true.

He did a stint in prison too, if you believe his stories. I believe most of them. They ring a lot truer than folks like Paul or Cody. He's a connected Boston guy and while I don't know any of those from Boston I know a poo poo load of them from New York and he reminds me 100% of them besides the accent.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
Kevin tipped Jessica off that the vote might be flipping and she's freaking out. Says she's not sleeping tonight, will go downstairs and interrupt every conversation. Might get interesting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat it. I was going to watch a movie and sleep.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

drat it, Kevin! There goes the blindside. I don't think that was a particularly good move on his part- Paul won't trust him now, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin's played a pretty lovely game, really, and no one really trusts him (except of course Cody and Jess). All the hinky votes, framing Ramses, blowing up this blindside, telling Paul about the $25K. If Kevin wasn't a charming older guy his game would be toast. Right now the combination of likability and not being seen as a threat is keeping him afloat, but if Paul realizes Kevin did this he might make a big enemy. And no one else will be happy about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin hosed up the blindside and told Jessica that he thinks its flipping.

In response Jessica presses Elena and Christmas. She basically begs Christmas to vote out Ramses and says she thinks Ramses is going. Christmas does a good job deflecting and asking how she'd think that. Jess claims she's walked in on conversations and suggests there's something happening "on the other side." She's kind of a desperate mess saying she can't let Ramses go home on her HOH and that its a chance for Christmas to earn her trust. (Jess doesn't at all understand the idea of appealing to someone from their side and not "what can you do for me?") Christmas never really promises but does sorta suggest it while saying she doesn't see it flipping, the same way Paul has been doing. She mainly deflects to talking tomorrow and tells Jess she needs to collect herself. Jess says she's so affected by the burden of being responsible for ending Ramses game. (Chill, Jessica. Ramses deserves a good amount of the blame.) Talk goes to Jessica thinking Alex will vote out Ramses because he broke her glasses and Elena saying Alex's vote "doesn't matter" and she needs to realize that. Elena's switched back into W1 arrogant Cool Kids mode, it seems.

Matt remains TERRIFIED of Cody and secretly really wants to work with Cody, not because he likes him or anything, but because he's scared to death that he can't beat him. Paul and Raven keep trying to talk sense into him that no matter how good he is at comps he's not going to win every time.

Jess ends up retreating to her safe space and complaining to Cody that she wasted her HOH. She correctly realizes Paul is behind it (although really, we didn't see it and Christmas, Alex, and Raven all seemed just as driven to keep Josh when feeds turned on) and keeping Elena in the dark. Cody's just being Cody which means insulting people and not playing the game. He trashes Paul a bunch and Jess points out that if she was watching she'd think Paul was playing a great game controlling things (I don't like him, but so far he is playing a great game as he did last season).

Cody goes to talk to Jason. Jess tells him to be calm about it so he of course rips the HOH door open and runs out it, past a huge bunch of people including Jason.

Cody gets Jason and presses him hard asking if he's getting "hosed". Jason promises Josh is going home. Cody saying he needs Jason and Alex and he risked his game for them. Jason "plays" dumb and kinda throws Alex under the bus a little. Cody threatens him and says if Josh goes he's going to go crazy and no one will be safe.

Alex press Jason and Jason is all flippy floppy like usual. Its what Jason does. Alex says they have to talk to Paul. Jason seems less set on flipping as much as he wants to tell the truth to Cody.

Cody begs Alex (literally) to vote out Josh because he "threw his game away" for her. Alex says she's not promising her vote to anyone right now.

Cody's really bad at this and might explode real soon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Cody: Ramses should start campaigning for himself, there's only so much you and I can do
Jess: Ramses can't know about this.

I dunno about that logic but OK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think Jess is realizing that Cody isn't super good at this game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody is positively fuming.

Alex tells Jason that if Cody pulls the "I saved your rear end" thing again they say they saved her in Week 3 by putting Dom up and out.

Christmas and Alex comparing notes that Jess and Cody are freaking out. They want to just deflect it, not talk, and go to bed early. They spread the info on to Matt and Jason. Christmas tells Jason that Jess was mentioning his name as someone who might flip it. Jason saying Cody came at him crazy hard. Christmas warns him that Elena said she'd campaign for Ramses too.

Christmas signals to Josh to talk to Jason. Jason reassures Josh he's still good.

Alex moves on to other things.

Jason complains that Alex always calls him stupid in front of people and he wonders if he is. Alex says they're just having fun. "I'm not having any fun!" "Do you work for production?" They're doing their usual brother/sister fight thing. Kevin interrupts and Alex warns him to lay low and that Jody are pressing. Kevin plays dumb but says Jess asked him for his vote and he said "whatever happens you gotta be cool."

Jess is freaking out. Cody says they need to tell Ramses and get him to campaign. He says he needs to cry to Raven and try and get her sympathy. Jess says they can't tell Ramses and can't push too hard or people will react against them. Cody doesn't see the logic in that. Jess says her stress is about Cody not her because he'll be eliminated and they won't make jury.

Jess is melting down again.

Max posted:

I think Jess is realizing that Cody isn't super good at this game.

She knew that before. She just got so high on Hex/Battle Back/HOH/POV that she went and forgot.

Its weird since everything else she thinks about the game is still back in Week 1.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Does Kevin just get bored and like to gently caress things up for his own amusement?

I generally hate returning players but I want Xmas to come back next year uninjuried.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Kevin just doesn't know how to play the game and swings wildly.

Like, if I had to guess I don't think he was trying to tip Jess off as much as he was just trying to cover his rear end and say "I'm voting for Josh but thinks could turn" the same way Christmas and Paul have been doing. He just went too hard on it and didn't realize that Jessica would freak out.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

Does Kevin just get bored and like to gently caress things up for his own amusement?

I generally hate returning players but I want Xmas to come back next year uninjuried.

I agree - would love to see her return, I'm devastated for her how bad her injury was though - she will be out of commission for quite some time I believe. She can get grating/be a bit much on the feeds but overall, I think she would go far un-injured.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Christmas has a lot of smarts and social skills. Its a shame we never got to see her play with her comp abilities, or that she was never able to really slow play her game since Cody backdoored her out of the gate and everything has forced to play off balance all game.

She can be a lot but I don't mind that. I've always liked people who just kind push and she reminds me of Vanessa in that way. Without the crazy.

And I also kind of think we unfairly criticize women players for it when like, most of the male players play as hard and cocky as Christmas and Vanessa do. Well, maybe not as hard as Vanessa.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 27, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Matt and Christmas discussing Elena's game. Matt thinks Elena is oblivious to think they don't realize what she's doing. Christmas says that Elena told her that if Mark wins HOH she'll stay away from it so she wasn't associated with sending someone home. Matt thinks its good she doesn't want HOH (sure, now). Christmas thinks Elena is willing to throw Mark under the bus already. Matt thinks its crazy that she hasn't talked game to him in a week but she's still completely sure they're locked in. Christmas says she doesn't want to be linked with Mark when he's a target and Matt says its too late for that. Then they just bitch about Mark. Then they talk about how great Paul is. Christmas says Mark was one of the Ramses votes and Matt agrees. That's some very subtle great gameplay by Christmas that she has seemed to manage to pawn her vote off on Mark this week.

Paul advises Christmas to keep Josh calm and cool since he likes her.

Cody tried to get Jason to go play chess with him so he could press him more, but Alex went with him to babysit. So instead Cody went to complain to Jess who is freaking out in the shower realizing how she screwed this up. Jess asks if revealing her Hex could make a difference. Cody says that everything she's done is right and no regrets or some nonsense. Cody advises Jess to get clarification on what she can say from DR. Jess doesn't think there's anything they can do at this point. Jess says Alex is too strong a personality to be strong armed and will lash out. Cody says they've already been strong armed "by the other side" and he can strong arm them back. Cody's getting pissy that Jess thinks (knows) all his moves are bad.

Paul tells Josh to go hard at Cody, Jess, and Mark tomorrow. Josh does an address to America that its his final night of solitude and he's ready to "bully the bully."

Kevin doing damage control on him exposing stuff and spreads his cover story to Christmas. Christmas says he was just being nice to Jess and trying to ease her in. Kev says when its all done he'll tell her she should have pulled Ramses off the block and put up Raven. Christmas says not to tell her so she might not know next time.

Cody thinks Paul and MARK are doing this and Jess says they must be keeping Elena in the dark. Mark is totally gonna take the fall and it will be hilarious.

Josh is freaking out again. May I present his Cody impression.

Jason telling Alex and Christmas he has to go play chess with Cody or else they'll know something's up. Jason tells them to calm down. In response Alex breaks a lamp.

Christmas tells Paul and Alex about her Jess conversation. She says that Jess said she walked in on Alex whispering and Alex calls bullshit. She says Jess was freaked out by Paul's "things might flip" thing and Paul doesn't care and says that's the way the game works.

Alex is pissed off at Jess for lying about walking in on her whispering. Jason's saying she and Paul are responsible for this and Alex doesn't like that. Jason says Paul then. Looks like Kevin is escaping this unless Jody blow up his spot.

Paul and Christmas go over the same stuff again and work down their boot order again. Cody > Elena > Jessica > Mark because he's a silly dummy. Paul isn't worried about Elena because she doesn't want HOH, but Christmas says Elena will fight for her if she needs to and gets blindsided. Paul says he's just going to tell her he couldn't tell her or she'd tell them.

Jess' meltdown has moved to bed. Cody is convinced Mark is behind this and says he's checked out from his relationship with Cody again. Its funny how even when Cody is clued in he's totally wrong. He rants about loyalty and says there's never been this disloyal a cast in BB history. Pussies, alphas, blah blah blah. He calls Mark the biggest woman in the house. Jess is "constantly disappointed in people." Cody's blowing himself about how his entire life is about being loyal and getting screwed over. Jess can't believe she's HOH and feels unsafe. This actually might be better than the blindside. Jess has a hell a martyr complex going.

Jess: I am carrying the burden of Ramses potentially being a casualty. I'm carrying the stress of us potentially getting eliminated before Jury. And I'm also carrying how heartbroken I feel that I can not trust anybody in this house and that this is my reality right now. And I chose to be in this situation. And I care too much as a person to not be affected by it.

Cody: Everyone will be held accountable for what happens in this game.
Jessica: Some suffer longer than others.

Jess is being a bratty little whiner again. Just insulting people and saying she doesn't want to be part of this and she's better than it and blah blah blah. She wishes she had put Paul and Alex up and "told them to burn in hell." Everyone is evil and she's a victim and I'm sure Jess has never taken responsibility or had a more response to hardship in her entire life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HOH LOCKDOWN!!!!!!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Their breakdown isn't even that good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess is useless. She just expects every one to do what she wants and melts down at the first sign of difficulty.

And then of course she crafts a story about how its really about how she's such a victim and everyone else is a terrible human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Back from extended fish and HOH lockdown. Not clear what it was. They might have just been cleaning up the lamp Alex broke. Paul has a smug look on his face and is looking around the house.

Jess is interrogating Mark about the votes. She says Paul and Alex are trying to flip the votes and asks if they've talked to him. He says no. She asks him to swear and he says he doesn't do that. Elena and Cody are there too. Its all pretty cold. Mark doesn't know why anyone would vote to keep Josh. He says he hasn't asked Maven. Mark rants about Christmas wanting to give a "sympathy vote" to Josh. He doesn't understand what that is or how people are playing with them. Like, he genuinely doesn't understand the concept of "sympathy." Elena points out that Mark wanted to give Dom a sympathy vote so Mark yells at her.

Mark: If he [Josh] stays I'm going to get evicted for putting hands on him.
Cody: Did they have to talk to you? Because they had to talk to me.

Jess wants to make a pizza and put it on Josh's bed to hope he eats it. Some might call this a sad bit of bullying by a desperate crew of spoiled brats, but I choose to consider it Jess' best chance of getting a vote. She wants to put a collar and leash on Alex and Jason.

Paul, Matt, and Raven are laughing at everything. They point out Cody didn't come at them for their votes. Raven says Jason's going to lose his poo poo. Paul thinks that they can't trust Elena but she's smart enough to abandon ship. They comment on all four of them sitting in HOH like its nothing.

Elena leaves HOH and we get extended fish again.

• Locked thread