Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

So that's done then. What options are left other than giving up?

cut medicaid to make up the difference obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

PhazonLink posted:

What did they call the nuclear option before nukes/atomic science were a thing?

Salting the Earth.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Whole indictment should have been thrown out after she was tortured in custody, but if we're getting real, Obama should have pardoned her on Nov 9 2012 along with all the federal nonviolent drug offenders and Snowden

Ideal world yes, but sadly Obama's biggest true failing is that he was an entire bag of dicks when it came to anything involving the military.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ChuckRossDC/status/890399758833078275

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chelsea deserved to go to prison for what she did, and so did Snowden. She didn't deserve the harsh treatment. That necessitated an early release. I wish she were treated very well and stayed in jail a lot longer. I will not forgive or forget her crimes against the United States.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Dick Trauma posted:

Trump seems like the kind of person that would put his grubby paw in a plate of Tater Tots and stuff some of them in a jacket pocket to snack on throughout the day.

In my opinion this is the most accurate assessment of what the US is dealing with in this entire thread.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They're going to string up Mcconnell on the senate floor, lmao

e: just to make things clear he forced a motion to proceed, going as far as having mccain drag himself out of a hospital bed and across the country to make that MtP happen, only to have the bill fail again (this time with everyone's names nice and clear on it).

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
It's going to be :shrug: we tried until trump threatens them again into action. Repeat until midterms when they have a more solid majority in the senate.

Can a nuke option be in the cards for changing the reconciliation rules? The only way they get anything done is by changing the rules as they go ala Calvinball.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Grapplejack posted:

They're going to string up Mcconnell on the senate floor, lmao

https://twitter.com/MarcGoldwein/status/890400950615199744

It's not the bill until McConnell says its the bill. That's why the Dems are boycotting.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Chelsea deserved to go to prison for what she did, and so did Snowden. She didn't deserve the harsh treatment. That necessitated an early release. I wish she were treated very well and stayed in jail a lot longer. I will not forgive or forget her crimes against the United States.

War crimes deserved to be exposed. Chelsea is cool and good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spiffster posted:

It's going to be :shrug: we tried until trump threatens them again into action. Repeat until midterms when they have a more solid majority in the senate.

Can a nuke option be in the cards for changing the reconciliation rules? The only way they get anything done is by changing the rules as they go ala Calvinball.

No. The Byrd Rule prevents this.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yow, can you put a warning on a take this hot?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No respect for war crimes and ethnic cleansing. Real lack of patriotism, and even team spirit in that one.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If (IF) this is true then holy loving poo poo that would be the cherry on top of one of the great political fumbles in modern history

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So love me, love me, love me, I'm a liberal!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I can't tell if I'm not taking this seriously because it's so loving dumb or because I'm picturing it behind mumbled from behind a fence.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiffster posted:

Changing reconciliation rules is effectively a full abolishment of the filibuster. If Turtle can't even get 50 votes to ram through any one version of MAGAcare, he certainly can't get 50 to get rid of the filibuster.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
The mooch apparently is accusing Priebus of a felony.

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/890401606893809664

Unless there's a different way to translate that?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I told you guys this poo poo wouldn't pass.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/344055-sanders-dems-wont-vote-on-sham-single-payer-amendment

quote:

Senate Democrats are not going to play into Sen. Steve Daines' (R-Mont.) effort to divide the party on the issue of single-payer healthcare, a spokesman for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) told Vox Wednesday.

"The Democratic caucus will not participate in the Republicans' sham process. No amendment will get a vote until we see the final legislation and know what bill we are amending,” Josh Miller-Lewis said in a text to Vox's Jeff Stein.

“Once Republicans show us their final bill, Sen. Sanders looks forward to getting a vote on his amendment that makes clear the Senate believes that the United States must join every major country and guarantee health care as a right, not a privilege."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

farraday posted:

el oh el

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Petr posted:

I told you guys this poo poo wouldn't pass.

It will eventually. Midterms loom and trump is going to throw all his failures at the senate now because the house successfully punted it to the other chamber. If they don't do something they will get torn to shred by primary challengers willing to be loyal to heir trump. And panic makes people stupid

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

farraday posted:

Seems more likely that he's blaming Priebus for running a leaky ship, not directly accusing him of leaking.

But IDK maybe he really is accusing him of personally leaking it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

KickerOfMice posted:

Beyond Trumplethinskin's lack of service, this has always bugged me. I know that there are many things about and within that life that a civilian will not ever be able to understand. To tell someone that they can't use critical thought to assess a situation because - they too have not gnashed a heart between their teeth while they grasped the burning warstone of ares - is just stupid cliquish bullshit for old men.

it's also mathematically impossible, tons of americans aren't even eligible for military service and the military couldn't possibly find a use for all the new recruits if every eligible candidate decided to apply. really it's just a cheap protofascist argument that political rights should be restricted to like 10% of the population

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Seems more likely that he's blaming Priebus for running a leaky ship, not directly accusing him of leaking.

But IDK maybe he really is accusing him of personally leaking it.

reporters are also going what the gently caress is rince doing being tagged there

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

My God.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

He's gonna poop on the senate floor.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

evilweasel posted:

reporters are also going what the gently caress is rince doing being tagged there

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/890404607649828864
lmao

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Did you or did you not poo poo on the floor of your dorm?

I plead the fifth.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

farraday posted:

haha HOLY poo poo this new comm director is delivering

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Did I miss some interesting story about Scaramucci somewhere along the line?
I don't remember anything about his finances, but it's been a busy week.

farraday posted:

Six days. He's been there six days and is already at this point.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Robot Hobo posted:

Did I miss some interesting story about Scaramucci somewhere along the line?
I don't remember anything about his finances, but it's been a busy week.

Six days. He's been there six days and is already at this point.

Three communications directors from now and they'll be taking hostages during their announcement conference.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

farraday posted:

What is he even referring to? I don't remember anything about the mooch's financial disclosure forms being leaked.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Can't scotch the mooch.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I didn't think they'd be able to find a guy as shambolic and ridiculous as Spicer but they found a way.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Paradoxish posted:

What is he even referring to? I don't remember anything about the mooch's financial disclosure forms being leaked.

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/890403079870443520

its not interesting

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
If that's true this campaign is a loving performance art

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

At this rate I'm half expecting Trump to start ripping into the CBO during his morning poo poo and try to disband it neg it into disbanding itself.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Pander posted:

cut medicaid to make up the difference obviously.

Ding Ding this will I am sure get worked in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So Trump bans trans service members in order to secure border wall funding. I hope this rear end in a top hat drops dead of a stroke.

• Locked thread