Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Also Conley's name got eaten in an edit somehow.

Lowry was very very good this year, maybe 5th best PG overall after the CP3 Westbrook Harden Curry group. Might be his last year being that good tho

Cool Buff Man posted:

The 6 Hornets fans in the world are gonna be really mad to see this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Kyle Lowry is my chubby little prince, I won't have anyone saying he's not the best PG in the east.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

chunkles posted:

Kyle Lowry is my chubby little prince, I won't have anyone saying he's not the best PG in the east.

Kyrie
Wall
Jalen rose walker

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

Harden isn't a pg anymore and wall and kyrie are Better than the rest

Even if he wasn't still playing PG he'd still be one of the best at it, but he is still a PG. Dantonio's already said he's going to try to be doing minutes staggering so one of them is always on the floor playing PG and otherwise running a two PG set.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cool Buff Man posted:

The 6 Hornets fans in the world are gonna be really mad to see this

I'm ok with trading Walker for Wall or Irving if they throw in a good young player and unprotected picks

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the nba is so stacked right now.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I was checking some stats just now but I got distracted by the fact that John Wall's nickname on bref is Optimus Dime and now I can't stop laughing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

I sad to see such denial the best pg in the east is clearly elfrid payton

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Even if he wasn't still playing PG he'd still be one of the best at it, but he is still a PG. Dantonio's already said he's going to try to be doing minutes staggering so one of them is always on the floor playing PG and otherwise running a two PG set.

Well then lebron is the best pg ..
I mean are we going to enforce positions or not

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Gotta knock Lowry for his absolute inability to play playoff basketball. It's shocking

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Gotta knock Lowry for his absolute inability to play playoff basketball. It's shocking

The numbers have been run and the Raptors are great with Lowry on the floor and awful when he sits and Deroazan is on the floor. IT's not the little fat man's fault. All the people with Kobe poisoned minds will do great damage to their teams, except Dion Waiters who has adopted the dualist pantheon of KobeWade and created a balance

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

The numbers have been run and the Raptors are great with Lowry on the floor and awful when he sits and Deroazan is on the floor. IT's not the little fat man's fault. All the people with Kobe poisoned minds will do great damage to their teams, except Dion Waiters who has adopted the dualist pantheon of KobeWade and created a balance

If it means I can blame Derozan for even more stuff I am on board

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kyrie demolished Lowry and Thomas

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

I was sayin' in the other thread I think Lowry might be the single best overall as judged by our Proprietary Advanced Four Factors Threadmetrics:

Can he shoot?
Is he cute?
Can he pass?
Does he got rear end?

Others might be more individual-column gifted, but I can't think of any player with a better overall score

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

An actual belt would be best, one with rivets and sparkles, but I think it was really helpful that they circled the OKC logo on the picture. I would never have found it otherwise.

Russ could design something with a rattlesnake necktie, and they have Bo Diddley's Who Do You Love as the home entrance music. That song still kicks rear end. Woops, looks like I went on a tangent hahaha....

Chairchucker posted:

Actually Rubio is the best

Chairchucker dressed up as a Lost Boy chanting "Ru-Be-O! Ru-Be-O!"

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

euphronius posted:

LeBron took the night off and IT walloped him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

IT was injured and didn't play the last 3 games, he sucked in the series though, because of a torn labrum

e: Got my games mixed up, he demolished John Wall, not Kyrie

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 27, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I meant wall

Thomas peaced out once the competition rose

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Yeah I meant wall

Thomas peaced out once the competition rose

If that's what you want to call getting injured, sure.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
John Wall was good enough last year to make me think he's probably the fourth best point guard in the league, with a chance to move into the top 3 if CP3 noticeably declines anytime soon (this is not counting fake PG James Harden)

Kyrie on the other hand is plausibly sub-Lillard (who is famously not even All Star caliber)

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

If it means I can blame Derozan for even more stuff I am on board

same

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Edit: Wrong thread

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

drat you, this is your fault nirwad

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvanTH posted:

I was sayin' in the other thread I think Lowry might be the single best overall as judged by our Proprietary Advanced Four Factors Threadmetrics:

Can he shoot?
Is he cute?
Can he pass?
Does he got rear end?

Others might be more individual-column gifted, but I can't think of any player with a better overall score

CP3, tbh. Or are we still talking about only PGs in the East?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Kyle Lowry is great. Its not his fault Casey grinds him into paste come playoff time.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If I was a bad team that wanted to make the playoffs I'd rather have Lowry than Irving. But if I was a great team and already had a primary ball handler I'd want Irving.

Irving should just get traded to the Cavs. He'd pair up well with Lebron and could run some sweet plays with TT.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao when i remember that the cavs tried out kirk hinrich last year and now they have derrick rose for literally the same money

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

If I was a bad team that wanted to make the playoffs I'd rather have Lowry than Irving. But if I was a great team and already had a primary ball handler I'd want Irving.

Irving should just get traded to the Cavs. He'd pair up well with Lebron and could run some sweet plays with TT.

That's why Zach Lowe's suggestion of Denver makes a bit of sense. Jokic can do the Lebron orchestration while he pretends to play pg and does a lot of scoring.

He'd fit well in Memphis with Marc/Jamychal both being good passing bigs and conley being an unselfish player whose ball pounding is much less productive than Kyrie's

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Chairchucker posted:

Actually Rubio is the best

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If Kyrie actually went to the timberwolves it would be very funny that Thibs the GM acquired one of the most lazy defenders in the NBA, to pair with the most clueless (Wiggins) and befuddled (Towns)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dejan Bimble posted:

If Kyrie actually went to the timberwolves it would be very funny that Thibs the GM acquired one of the most lazy defenders in the NBA, to pair with the most clueless (Wiggins) and befuddled (Towns)

Thibs has (relatively) successfully hidden mediocre to bad PG defense.

The Bigger thing would be how good the Bigs are at dealing with PnR, and how good the PG at funneling than like man up PG defense.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

Kyrie
Wall
Jalen rose walker

Jalen Rose isn't even the best Chicago Bull named Rose

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
Irving on the Nuggets would be dope, but I don't want to lose both Murray and Harris, and potentially Chandler. That's probably what it would take plus picks, right? Can't imagine the Cavs would want Faried with TT on the team.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/890427086896279552

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wait, Wilson Chandler? There are still people that think Wilson Chandler is anything? In 2017?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'm starting to be convinced Lavar Ball is the PT Barnum of the 21st century, and the Lakers just drafted his elephant

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

Wait, Wilson Chandler? There are still people that think Wilson Chandler is anything? In 2017?

4ws and good defense last year. Chandler would be the fifth best player on the Cavs ATM and probably the Warriors as well, approximately equal with Livingston

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm starting to be convinced Lavar Ball is the PT Barnum of the 21st century, and the Lakers just drafted his elephant

I've been reading the tweets from the reporters covering it and LaMelo was getting mobbed by the crowd like he was a Beatle. He's 15 goddamn years old

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

LaMelo is going to change the way basketball is played in China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Space Camp fuckup posted:

LaMelo is going to change the way basketball is played in China

If he doesn't cave from the pressure. He's a child.

• Locked thread