Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

bewbies posted:

Am I dumb to even be considering a TOTS Portuguese league squad? I have around 700k to play with altogether.

good: killer fullbacks and wingers, decent midfield.
bad: no quick strikers (could also put noted giant Bas Dost in there), slow back line, poor CB depth
ugly: bas dost

After playing a lot of that formation I really prefer a very quick striker and both CMs to be quite good defensively. That being said, 82 pizzi is very very good so I think his tots would be crazy, TOTS Semedo is awesome. You can literally cut in and score with him from right back. I've done it a bunch. Basically most of the good liga nos players are portuguese so I think a portuguese hybrid would be better. I toyed with the idea but went the ligue 1 route. Put tots Fernandes and Andre silva in there and you're looking at a strong core to fill out. The only problem is outside of pepe the CBs are asss.

Actually I just realized Pepe has a Besitkas card so you could do something like this.

Now I'm tempted to build that..... You could put in TOTS Talisca for Atiba but I like Atibas base card a lot. The only problem is the LB, the best LB in the league is a 120k silver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

did you snag marquinhos?

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Swarmin Swedes posted:

It's for that El Rondo SBC I think all CBs jumped way up in value.

Ah yeah. Well I've been selling a bunch of them making a nice bit of cash for an upgrade somewhere. Did that SBC myself too and got van Aanholt which isn't an upgrade over 83 Alonso but meh.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Elliptical Dick posted:

Ah yeah. Well I've been selling a bunch of them making a nice bit of cash for an upgrade somewhere. Did that SBC myself too and got van Aanholt which isn't an upgrade over 83 Alonso but meh.

Better than me. I did it got 87 Mane who I had as my untradeable from when the winter ones first came out so I had to discard him.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Good idea on looking at Portuguese outside of NOS. Gonna give this a whirl:

Total cost is around 670k

Am I just being naive or are these guys fairly cheap?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

anyone find a tactics setup for the ai so they don't stop approaching/run away from loose balls that they're closest to

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

anyone find a tactics setup for the ai so they don't stop approaching/run away from loose balls that they're closest to

No, also this edition of fifa is the best yet in that regards, let that sink in

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

WL makes me so mad

but SBCs make me so happy, and need coins and good players

:cry:

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I'm really surprised about the favourite right winger SBCs. I hardly ever see Lucas, Sane or Bellarabi. What happened to Mane and Dembele? Or is it just because they don't want to do even better cards of those?

.... I think I just answered my own question.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
christ, finally made into DIV1, do you need to actually log games in DIV1 in order to qualify for WL?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
No, you can get in by advancing to division 1 or holding it

But it only applies for that week

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
ah dang

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
This was the first weekend I didn't play and it was pretty nice.

Weekend league has been a loving incredible addition but man is it stressful and annoying, I'm really interested in seeing what they do with it for 18.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I've been thinking about nuking my BPL squad so I can consolidate the strength of my club in a Bundesliga squad and a Calcio A squad. The rub is though that while most of my club value is in the BPL squad it's also my best performing one.

How have you guys decided which players to let go and which to keep? I can probably get SBC Totti, TOTS Modeste and TOTS Keita if I get rid of my BPL guys and TOTS Jorgensen, but goddamn if I don't love that guy.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Do cards carry over from FIFA to FIFA or you're starting over every year

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Waroduce posted:

You start over every year

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'd be kind of butt hurt about paying for cards than

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Waroduce posted:

No. If they did you would be facing full TOTY squads off the bat. Not to mention retired players who aren't licensed. I'm extremely glad it resets. I do think it would be cool if you could do an sbc this edition that would guarantee you a OTW next year though. Something like that.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I hadn't looked at FUT for a week or so, I come back and that Portugese TOTS squad is worth about twice what I paid for it. Cool

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Haven't played the game in ages. Decided to pick it up and do the qualifying tournament.

You'll never be able to guess whether this 180 degree throughball in triple coverage connected with Martial in the 90th minute of the final!

I think the only virtual football I'll be touching til fifa 18 is fifa 16 singles matches. I'll mess around with MLS tots a bit but this game has worn out it's welcome. At least I knew I hosed up when i let the ball get intercepted in 16 despite them being overpowered. The AI nutmeg passes on CBs this year is loving trash.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Haven't played the game in ages. Decided to pick it up and do the qualifying tournament.

You'll never be able to guess whether this 180 degree throughball in triple coverage connected with Martial in the 90th minute of the final!

I think the only virtual football I'll be touching til fifa 18 is fifa 16 singles matches. I'll mess around with MLS tots a bit but this game has worn out it's welcome. At least I knew I hosed up when i let the ball get intercepted in 16 despite them being overpowered. The AI nutmeg passes on CBs this year is loving trash.
Hahaha. I especially love it when I position my players to perfectly intercept a pass, the pass goes directly in my players path, and instead of just standing still to intercept it, my player lunges forward and nutmegs himself. It's beautiful.

Anyways Modeste soon coming up on 100 games played , I think once I reach that milestone I'll retire FIFA 17.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, I just beat some guy 9-0 in seasons mode, and in the 90th minute he gets his sixth red card, so the team forfeits. Giving me a 3-0 win instead :banjo:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Are the non-base (Gold, Icon, Whatever the gently caress) editions of the game worth it? I haven't played since Fifa 14 and I have never played seasons or FUT or hosed with any of that card poo poo thats so popular. I got a nice quarterly bonus so like.....whatever i can blow 100$ on the big sexy edition but is it even worth it? Im not sure how valuable what they are offering is....

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Waroduce posted:

Are the non-base (Gold, Icon, Whatever the gently caress) editions of the game worth it? I haven't played since Fifa 14 and I have never played seasons or FUT or hosed with any of that card poo poo thats so popular. I got a nice quarterly bonus so like.....whatever i can blow 100$ on the big sexy edition but is it even worth it? Im not sure how valuable what they are offering is....

I'm by no means an expert but no and if you don't play fut gently caress no.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Definitely not worth it. The packs they give you are trash and the loan players are like who cares.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

Definitely not worth it. The packs they give you are trash and the loan players are like who cares.

I pre ordered the Ronaldo edition but cancelled because 15 extra jumbo premium packs and 3 days of early access didn't seem like it was worth 25 euros after some consideration. If I'm not mistaken those packs get 24 items with 12 rares but those rares might well be contracts or club staff or whatever. Don't think I've ever got anything better than a standard Courtois out of one of those.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I qualified, might as well get the 5 game reward

*outshoots a dude 22-6, hit 4 posts, guesses right 4 out of 5 pk and allows all 4 under or through*

Yeah, nm I'm good

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Well, I qualified, might as well get the 5 game reward

*outshoots a dude 22-6, hit 4 posts, guesses right 4 out of 5 pk and allows all 4 under or through*

Yeah, nm I'm good

I feel your pain. Although my masochism appears to exceed yours. Made it to 22-13 then proceeded to lose 3 to miss out on Gold 1 again. I think Gold 2 is just kind of my level.

Did make it to Gold 1 monthly so that's nice I guess.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Maradona is almost as good as Nainggolan or Higuain.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

comparing cards that are in the game from the beginning to the end of game cycle best possible versions of players is Real Dumb and Bad.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Legends will now have cards from multiple years which also means different positions.

http://imgur.com/a/Pq8vN#lDXFPG3

e- I'd pay extra for the lower rated Ronaldo card with the stupid haircut

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 1, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Good idea on their part, I'm worried this stupid reveal event is gonna be like 90% jerking off about the new 'icons' and then like 5 minutes of talking about gameplay stuff with a promise of more to come at gamescom.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Holding breath to see how Zidane circa '98 compares with legends like de Bruyne or Isco.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

bewbies posted:

Holding breath to see how Zidane circa '98 compares with legends like de Bruyne or Isco.

hopterque posted:

comparing cards that are in the game from the beginning to the end of game cycle best possible versions of players is Real Dumb and Bad.

jesus dude.

e: Woahhh SBCs on the web app holy poo poo.

e: A daily/weekly objectives system with rewards. Score with player from x league, etc.

: New game mode, sort of single player fut champs against squads pulled from the 'community', uses a points system, so I'm hoping they're switching the weekend league to a points system as well instead of just binary wins/losses. No specific stuff about changes to the fut champs format, we'll see at Gamescom in a couple weeks or whenever I guess.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 1, 2017

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fifa needs ratings deflation

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What are the typical bands of ratings? I would really enjoy seeing a seriosu ratings deflation with like Messi and Ronaldo at 90+ and literally no one else.

Madden has custom rosters that make normal starters around 75 OVR, All-Pro's 80ish and than maybe 10 guys in the entire league are above 90.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Legends will now have cards from multiple years which also means different positions.

http://imgur.com/a/Pq8vN#lDXFPG3

e- I'd pay extra for the lower rated Ronaldo card with the stupid haircut
This is a good idea and pretty cool.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Anyone doing the Dembele futtie winner SBC? Seems a bit expensive to me

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 3, 2017

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Can't wait to play against PSG every loving game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
So somehow I got Elite 2 for the month when I was expecting gold 1. Best card...

Sokratis 86..... I'm trading the rest for the premium Xabi Alonso.

• Locked thread