Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

My therapist told me I had to do something 'creative and fun', so I made a thing for the thread...

A much better quality version is here, but I'm too dumb to figure out how to embed a webm from gyfcat.

The (very good) source material (that you should watch anyway, because it's fantastic), if you haven't seen it before.

this owns, please extend my thanks to your therapist

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RawlinsonSam87/status/890387906711490560

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Bulkheads_SC/status/890386278566547458

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Sad!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

That's got to be a Betty Bigtits 2.0 for sure!

Anyone who can, could you sum up what Betty Bigtits was for the new comers to the thread.

It was a classic moment that should not be forgotten.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

dude does not skip lat day

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

Kosumo posted:

Anyone who can, could you sum up what Betty Bigtits was for the new comers to the thread.

I for one would like to know more of this large breasted woman.

Also Missed 1600 :( ...Was a stupid page anyway. :colbert:

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

Star Citizen: Suffering from Server Anxiety

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Kosumo posted:

There's not much to that story, iirc. Catfish for jpegs, posing as a single mum(?) that wanted to get into Star Citizen with her and her kid. Totally worked, Reddit shitizens bought jpegs for 'her'.

Just another dot point in this ongoing saga of hilarity.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The last 4 years of r/dsmart and r/starcitizen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

These are the unfortunate people who'll really suffer when SC releases and turns out to be only an average game.

"$10k wasted, further into depression I go".

CIG: targeting the desperate

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Lol, begging for jpg money online, that the lowest you can fall.
Thats literally worse than sucking dicks for your next heroin shot, guy should just read the Wing Commander books.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 27, 2017

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Panic attacks and severe anxiety.....hmmmm..... What exactly happens to him then when I go swooping in like Maverick from Top Gun and pump a missile up his backside (ooo two Tom Cruise references at once) blowing his space chariot into fidelitous pieces on one of his FedEx pizza crate delivery quests between planets?

Does he start spasming on the floor, or is he going to climb a clock tower? Personally I think it's safer for all of us (and him) NOT to buy him any ships

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
gently caress man, I should start a gofundme for this poo poo. I've got severe TBI and a broke back. Wheres my sympathy cash.

I won't spend a dime of it on SC though. Maybe something for the pain.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How's the wikipedia page for SC doing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen

quote:

This article contains content that is written like an advertisement.

quote:

References

1. ^Lesnick, Ben;

quote:

This section may be confusing or unclear to readers. In particular, the timeline jumps all over the place, events in development should be sorted chronologically.

quote:

Platform(s) Linux, Microsoft Windows

quote:

Awards
Star Citizen was a recipient of Wired.com's 2016 Vaporware Awards, citing its long development time and unspecified release date.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

That has to be so bad for employee morale to see that fucker in an office.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
Also ben just stole that 10k didn't he.

In One Ear
Apr 25, 2017

Mne nravitsya posted:

Panic attacks and severe anxiety.....hmmmm..... What exactly happens to him then when I go swooping in like Maverick from Top Gun and pump a missile up his backside (ooo two Tom Cruise references at once) blowing his space chariot into fidelitous pieces on one of his FedEx pizza crate delivery quests between planets?

Does he start spasming on the floor, or is he going to climb a clock tower? Personally I think it's safer for all of us (and him) NOT to buy him any ships

Thank God his agoraphobia should keep him from doing too much harm during the inevitable meltdown

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Come on guys it's called Star Citizen. They only have to launch with one to meet expectations.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm still amazed that more backers haven't revolted on this concept alone. It literally never comes up any more, and it looks to me like CIG and the remaining cultists are doing what they can to memory hole the original intent.

In fact the only part of this I'll debate is intent. I don't think CIG abandoned the original backers in favor of lowest-common-denominator mkb players - I think CIG didn't have the knowledge or talent to make a proper space sim with CR at the helm, so they made a lovely flight model, then retroactively played it off as intentionally catering to an evolving playerbase.

CIG is the cat that walks away from every accidental fall with head held high and a look of "I meant to do that".

Yeah, does anyone even remember the "Mouse Commander" fiasco?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT3ZvnUnUkU&t=38s

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Hey, is this available for purchase yet?

http://imgur.com/takjQlJ

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Fil5000 posted:

the non-functional prototype was sold on ebay fairly recently :v:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Living the dream...

In One Ear
Apr 25, 2017

tuo posted:

Living the dream...

Keep those boxes packed Ben, never know when the alarm will be given to cut and run

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Fil5000 posted:

If I can't play this with an NES powerglove I'm contacting the better business bureau because he's violating the fidelity and immersion that was promised us in the BDSSE! Come at me posers!

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

ModernSociety posted:

Star Citizen: Suffering from Server Anxiety

Oh gently caress he actually wrote "server" :laffo:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Mne nravitsya posted:

If I can't play this with an NES powerglove I'm contacting the better business bureau because he's violating the fidelity and immersion that was promised us in the BDSSE! Come at me posers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZErvASwdlU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

triggered

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

OMG......I've never thought to use my powerglove on my significant other.....Thank you Fred Savage!!!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

In One Ear posted:

Keep those boxes packed Ben, never know when the alarm will be given to cut and run

Lol if you think that Ben won't be left behind to cover the escape of his messiah. The man will go down with the building.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What is the origin of "parp?"

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I think I just found a clip of Citizen patient zero...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

In One Ear
Apr 25, 2017

Iceclaw posted:

Lol if you think that Ben won't be left behind to cover the escape of his messiah. The man will go down with the building.

The man may be responsible for the fall down of the building with one careless trip - that'd be a fun letter to the backers

In One Ear
Apr 25, 2017

Still baffles me why CIG showed them messing with Oldman's face like that - just shoveling gold material onto the internet.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

In One Ear posted:

Still baffles me why CIG showed them messing with Oldman's face like that - just shoveling gold material onto the internet.

I mean I get it. But lol at releasing it with their marketing material. Oldman must've pissed them off.

In One Ear
Apr 25, 2017

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

I mean I get it. But lol at releasing it with their marketing material. Oldman must've pissed them off.

I want to say something like "Method to madness" - but we know there is just madness.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
"Man I can't believe we got movie star Gary Oldman to star in a videogame story. That's insane. He's probably still a bit leery about his participation especially after the way Sandi kept touching him so lets be sure to alienate him as much as humanly possible by making him look really loving stupid in front of our audience. Bishop is a serious character after all."

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Here's ben giving a tour of the office: https://sendvid.com/xkf46zgk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

"Man I can't believe we got movie star Gary Oldman to star in a videogame story. That's insane. He's probably still a bit leery about his participation especially after the way Sandi kept touching him so lets be sure to alienate him as much as humanly possible by making him look really loving stupid in front of our audience. Bishop is a serious character after all."

*glub glub glub* a tiny speech bubble escapes our hero's mouth