Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
She was crowned as Cersei Lannister First of Her Name and the reason why the picture wasn't changed on the map is because the show doesn't loving care.

The end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

While we're nit picking the opening map, aren't the cities it shows supposed to tell you roughly what settings will be in that episode? The opener for this episode showed the Wall and there was no Wall content in the episode. I wanted more Bran :bahgawd:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bawfuls posted:

While we're nit picking the opening map, aren't the cities it shows supposed to tell you roughly what settings will be in that episode? The opener for this episode showed the Wall and there was no Wall content in the episode. I wanted more Bran :bahgawd:

I think that was the original intention but at some point they realized it was too much work so they just feature random poo poo now

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It has always been the rule that King's Landing, Winterfell, the Wall, and Dany's location is in every opening whether they feature or not.

Winterfell wasn't in the show for two years but was on the map

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I think it's now just all the major locations for the season rather than a per-episode thing?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Well that took me a long time to notice I suppose.

Can someone just put Bran on a horse and send him down to Winterfell so he can chill by the weirwood tree there and creep Sansa out with visions and poo poo?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

I think it's now just all the major locations for the season rather than a per-episode thing?

Pyke was in it this week but not last week, I think. They're still changing it up.

I don't know why Pyke was in it, mind.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Maybe as a reference to the Greyjoy pirate battle that ended the episode. Not particularly consistent but whatever.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

This might be a crazy idea but why not give it an episode or perhaps even two before proclaiming that suchandsuch makes no sense or soandso's arc has been completely ruined?

We gave it two seasons at this point I'm just watching for the schadenfreude.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tenebrais posted:

Pyke was in it this week but not last week, I think. They're still changing it up.

I don't know why Pyke was in it, mind.

Euron something :shrug:

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

If Ser Jorah gets cured of Greyscale, that means he's immune to it right? possible plot there

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

djssniper posted:

If Ser Jorah gets cured of Greyscale, that means he's immune to it right? possible plot there

It seems more like they are ridding him of it rather than helping his body gain immunity, so I wouldn't think so.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

It seems more like they are ridding him of it rather than helping his body gain immunity, so I wouldn't think so.

I thought if you was cured you became immune but fair point

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was thinking he'd get cured of the part that makes you crazy but keep the Scale Mail

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Stannis' daughter didn't go crazy. Maybe once the external infection is cured the immune system can handle the internal problems. Tits'n'dragons, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Shireen didn't go crazy because "they caught it in time" or whatever. It's cancer.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Turns out all Sam did was turn Jorah into an asymptomatic carrier.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Typhoid Jorah

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

zoux posted:

Typhoid Jorah

Catapult him over the bay and into dragonstone

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

The thing is everything the sand snakes do lovely, Brienne does amazingly well. Her lines are good and involve serious characterization for her, her relationship with Jaime and Sansa is amazing, she's strong and her fight scenes are REALLY well choreographed, etc. So its not that they're women, its just... bad writing, bad directing, and some bad acting.

For the most part I think they've done a really good job with Yara also, to the point where the two obvious (and odd) changes really don't bother me at all.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lycus posted:

It has always been the rule that King's Landing, Winterfell, the Wall, and Dany's location is in every opening whether they feature or not.

Winterfell wasn't in the show for two years but was on the map

Has anyone noticed that the sea is frozen where The Wall meets it when it didnt used to be?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

precision posted:

I was thinking he'd get cured of the part that makes you crazy but keep the Scale Mail

I am a desert creature

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Greyscale is AIDS and Shireen was Magic Johnson it is known

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Constant posted:

Has anyone noticed that the sea is frozen where The Wall meets it when it didnt used to be?

It's not. People are picking moments during the opening when the "lighting's" weird.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

I am a desert creature

Sam: I think Jorah's mind might be starting to go. It's not the steel trap it once was.
Jorah: KNOWING THERE'S A TRAP IS THE FIRST STEP IN EVADING IT
Sam: I'm not sure if we have an answer for this
Jorah: I AM THE ANSWER

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

kiimo posted:

Sam: I think Jorah's mind might be starting to go. It's not the steel trap it once was.
Jorah: KNOWING THERE'S A TRAP IS THE FIRST STEP IN EVADING IT
Sam: I'm not sure if we have an answer for this
Jorah: I AM THE ANSWER

The "cure" for Jorah injesting dragonglass ends up slowly transforming him into a giant dragon with a human face, and then Danny finally falls in love with him :lol:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

To me, it feels like a big part of the problem was introducing them in the show after Oberyn was already dead. It felt as though they knew how much of a fan favorite that character was and were trying to recapture that. But their connection to his character never felt natural because we never got to see their relationship. It was just sort of thrust on the audience that we were supposed to like these characters because they're trying to avenge Oberyn, without really fleshing out their characters beyond that sole connection.

I agree with this. I'm not sure it would salvage the dornish as written, and I don't know how you shovel such a scene into season 4, but it's hard to empathize with a "vengeance" plot when you've never seen the characters interact with the person they're avenging.

Add in the murder of Tristane and Myrcella and who the gently caress is going to like them? Murdering the likes of Tywin, Cersei, or the Mountain is one thing but killing dumb teenagers?

It's really hard to empathize with them when they kill the cute, likeable pair of naive young people, especially when Oberyn's one, lethal flaw was his anger over the murder of children.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
season is going to be terrible

someone managed to write worse lines than GRRM

style is being emphasized over substance

Plot Armor rules the day

minor characters have their biggest scenes in weeks and die immediately after

guy with no dick gets laid it's u

2nd guy with no dick invited to a 3 way with his sister

3rd guy with no dick will get pegged by Melisandre, mark my words

dialog with the emotional heft of a star wars prequel

"buddy film" arcs replaced by "random ensemble cast" arcs (of people sitting on their asses)

would Olenna Tyrell really have put up with any of their poo poo?

speaking of Olenna, she replaced Margaery (and her shiftless son) pretty quickly, eh?

grey worm puts the pussy on a pedestal and "m'lady"s in High Valyrian when the cameras are off. someone get him an account (oh wait, guy with no balls freezes up around women? he's here already SHOW YOURSELF GREY WORM)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

paperchaseguy posted:

Plot Armor rules the day

"buddy film" arcs replaced by "random ensemble cast" arcs (of people sitting on their asses)

speaking of Olenna, she replaced Margaery (and her shiftless son) pretty quickly, eh?

grey worm puts the pussy on a pedestal and "m'lady"s in High Valyrian when the cameras are off. someone get him an account (oh wait, guy with no balls freezes up around women? he's here already SHOW YOURSELF GREY WORM)

good point

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

paperchaseguy posted:

Plot Armor rules the day

Sir, this is an Arby's.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why does everyone think Grey Worm never ate pussy before? Guy's an elite commando and has lots of skills. He's probably a champ at eating rear end too.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

So what exactly does grey worm have down there? Is it like a smooth patch? A massive hole?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

business hammocks posted:

Why does everyone think Grey Worm never ate pussy before? Guy's an elite commando and has lots of skills. He's probably a champ at eating rear end too.

Also why do people think he has no dick? he has a dick he's just castrated.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

business hammocks posted:

I bet he's got a terrific singing voice.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

It's all in preparation for a plot involving Qyburn's redemption, when he builds a device that teams Grey Worm's dick with Theon's balls to allow them to have sex. It has like a bicycle part that he rides to power it, and Jorah will work the bellows.

It's actually the most promising of the spinoff pilots they did.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Vegetable posted:

So what exactly does grey worm have down there? Is it like a smooth patch? A massive hole?

Wandle Cax posted:

Of course the show might do things differently, but in the books Gurm made a point of telling us that all Unsullied have dick and balls cut off wholesale and need to use a straw to piss. :gonk:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I feel like next time we see hotpie he's gonna be a corpse. "I'm a survivor"

The actor has opened a bakery called "You know nothing, John Dough" and guess what he's selling ...

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

this spin off looks promising

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vegetable posted:

Do you spend a lot of time wondering what's between his legs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Perestroika posted:

Of course the show might do things differently, but in the books Gurm made a point of telling us that all Unsullied have dick and balls cut off wholesale and need to use a straw to piss. :gonk:

This doesn't seem like an efficient way to piss why wouldn't they leave a nub I mean do they carve it out? Wouldn't they lose a lot to infection? I guess the slaver are really dumb they got swindled out of an army and got burned up by a dragon.

• Locked thread