Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

WHAT IS THIS

When I was in second grade I had a giant 2' tall version of that exact robot that I found at a garage sale. It loving owned. I never saw a package or a name or anything about it ever again, and nostalgia just sucker punched all my teeth out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://soundcloud.com/buttstunts/in-the-end-all-star-but-in-reverse

e: two posts too late

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoboZero posted:

WHAT IS THIS

When I was in second grade I had a giant 2' tall version of that exact robot that I found at a garage sale. It loving owned. I never saw a package or a name or anything about it ever again, and nostalgia just sucker punched all my teeth out

Mazinger Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-55YJpaDys

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Donkey shin, big fella

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

HoboZero posted:

WHAT IS THIS

The 45th anniversary is coming up and they're working on a brand new movie if you're into that kind of dealie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6470762/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

e: more interesting link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywG5XQ1vefo

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The worst part of the linkin park guy dying is that everyone in guns n roses is still alive. A fact that was pointed out to me when sirius xm replaced their punk rock station with 24/7 guns n roses.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Moose posted:

The worst part of the linkin park guy dying is that everyone in guns n roses is still alive. A fact that was pointed out to me when sirius xm replaced their punk rock station with 24/7 guns n roses.

We're talking about Mazinger now

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fyi broadcast as Tranzor Z in USA

That's how I watched it

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

We're talking about Mazinger now

I wish I could embed this.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

its funny because the lead singer had trauma from sexual abuse and killed himself

thats what makes the image funny

I heard from a "reliable source"/made this up just now that he killed himself because he and Chris Cornell were secretly lovers that couldn't be together, and that's why he did it on CCs birthday. A modern day Romeo and Romeo story if you will.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
its cool when a rich guy who couldve afforded the best therapy in the world just killed himself like a bitch. i think thats a funny picture, in ur head, if u think about it

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Batman v Garry's Mod: Dawn of Prop Hunt

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Nothing like a thick NY pretzel.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Then what happened? Come on, you can't just leave us hanging!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Facebook Aunt posted:

Then what happened?
He fixes the cable.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

BJPaskoff posted:

This death was the first one to make me cynical about the mourning. When I was growing up, the same friends who hated Linkin Park and laughed at how cringey and fake-edgy "craaaaawwwllinnggg in my skiiiiiin" and "I'M ABOUT TO BREAK!" were are now posting about how influential Linkin Park were to them (no they weren't, unless you were trolling me for the past seventeen years) and how they were the first band they really loved (no, we talked about how they weren't "real" music all through college). I feel like I'm living in an alternate universe. I don't take any pleasure in someone dying because they were tormented by sexual abuse though, especially since their only crime was making music I didn't personally like.

how many times did you hear that they are just a "metal or punk boy band created because some exec was like they look good together"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've only heard that about the Sex Pistols, where it's actually true.

I liked Linkin Park plenty when I was 13 and nu metal was popular for a while.

Omegaxisalphabeta
Jul 22, 2006

I'm trying to imagine the position he stood still in long enough to get that placement and am having trouble.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
what's that you're talking about? <thing>? oh, I'm too cool for that.

I liked it when I was like 12 though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Omegaxisalphabeta posted:

I'm trying to imagine the position he stood still in long enough to get that placement and am having trouble.

He fell asleep with a bottle on his chest.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Omegaxisalphabeta posted:

probably because it's fake

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

John Big Booty posted:

He fixes the cable.

Don't be fatuous, John.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Billy the Mountain posted:

Nothing like a thick NY pretzel.
One of my colleagues sometimes sits like that. It's extremely disconcerting to see in person.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

「ねこ展」@尾道市立美術館。黒猫一名様、ご来場〜

警備員さん「チケットない方はダメ」。黒猫様「あにゃー」

チケット持ってなかった黒猫さんのこの後。「顔洗って出直してきますにゃー」

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Having that cat poster inside just completes this set.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Helios Grime posted:

Having that cat poster inside just completes this set.

It was an exhibition of photos of street cats :3:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

One of my colleagues sometimes sits like that. It's extremely disconcerting to see in person.
A girl I knew in school was infamous for sitting like that and for a while we all used to try and mimick it. Probably all gave ourselves long lasting ball damage.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

anybody else know any ladies who sit like that? asking for a friend

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
nine inch nails was my drug of choice back in the day.

"omg, something i can never have speaks to me, he uses the word 'loving' so it's really real, down in it, he totally gets me because like, I used to be up above it, but now I am down in it, wow, god money, drat straight capitalism is the root of all our ills"

I wore that cassette out. I had to buy a second copy because the first one quit working.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

My Lovely Horse posted:

A girl I knew in school was infamous for sitting like that and for a while we all used to try and mimick it. Probably all gave ourselves long lasting ball damage.

I could do it back in High School myself. Then again, I was probably around 120lbs when wearing soaking wet clothing. I can still twist my foot around my leg at present dad-bod size, but I can't get it down on the ground like in the picture.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I want to heck you like a animal

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aleph Null posted:

nine inch nails was my drug of choice back in the day.

"omg, something i can never have speaks to me, he uses the word 'loving' so it's really real, down in it, he totally gets me because like, I used to be up above it, but now I am down in it, wow, god money, drat straight capitalism is the root of all our ills"

I wore that cassette out. I had to buy a second copy because the first one quit working.

There is no shame in wearing out a Pretty Hate Machine cassette. It's still one of my favorite albums.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

There is no shame in wearing out a Pretty Hate Machine cassette. It's still one of my favorite albums.

You need to get the remastered version.

Also lol cassettes. There's a reason all their releases are called Halo #

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

syscall girl posted:

You need to get the remastered version.

Also lol cassettes. There's a reason all their releases are called Halo #

Don't be silly. I bought the CD as soon as a I had a Discman and bought the Remaster when it came out. I was a huge fangirl. I even bought the Quake 2 disk just for the soundtrack; that's actually how I was introduced to gaming (much to my chagrin).
I even have some bootlegs of stuff like the demo cuts of a few of the pretty hate machine songs that are bit more electronic and pop-y (purest feeling, twist) and some surreptitiously recorded live albums. Also, nin's Supernaut cover.

Trent was so dreamy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

Don't be silly. I bought the CD as soon as a I had a Discman and bought the Remaster when it came out. I was a huge fangirl. I even bought the Quake 2 disk just for the soundtrack; that's actually how I was introduced to gaming (much to my chagrin).
I even have some bootlegs of stuff like the demo cuts of a few of the pretty hate machine songs that are bit more electronic and pop-y (purest feeling, twist) and some surreptitiously recorded live albums. Also, nin's Supernaut cover.

Trent was so dreamy.

:laffo:

Quake 1 was the one with the NIN soundtrack though. Q2 had the opening scene music by Rob Zombie, iirc.

e: not this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTb6kEp5GjY

this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Sqt8oLEoY

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Jul 27, 2017