Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

One of them is gonna have to flame out, Marinovich style, and it's not gonna be the middle one because he knows he's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dame is at this AAU game

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

zoux posted:

Dame is at this AAU game

His Blazer recruitment tour misses no stops.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

SO how does AAU work? Can you straight up buy (in) a team and go nuts?

He called his team Big Baller Brand

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
KobeWade

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Space Camp fuckup posted:

LaMelo is going to change the way basketball is played in China

He's already got the dunk perfected for China and he's still in high school so probably.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

One of them is gonna have to flame out, Marinovich style, and it's not gonna be the middle one because he knows he's bad.

It's LaMelo. Big time. Lonzo seems like he tolerates his dad. LaMelo very clearly believes every word of the bullshit.

Also, I've seen a good bit of LaMelo video and I assume the middle kid has no arms or something if he's universally believed to be worse than LaMelo.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's LaMelo. Big time. Lonzo seems like he tolerates his dad. LaMelo very clearly believes every word of the bullshit.

Also, I've seen a good bit of LaMelo video and I assume the middle kid has no arms or something if he's universally believed to be worse than LaMelo.

He's Lonzo but somehow even loving slower, a worse shooter and doesn't pass well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Every day that passes without Melo being traded brings me closer to the edge.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/toddfuhrman/status/890350659480035328

👀

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I like those odds for the spurs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is also a good Timberwolves related tweet

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Fenelon/status/890291517633556481

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

RCarr posted:

Every day that passes without Melo being traded brings me one step closer to the edge.

and I'm about to break

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I guess Jalen Rose said Melo knows he would have to come off the bench in Cleveland and now has told the Knicks he only wants to go to the Rockets and then severed communication with the team.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ItsFillar/status/890564674638499840

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

SO how does AAU work? Can you straight up buy (in) a team and go nuts?

He called his team Big Baller Brand

Yep. AAU is an athletic union that will take on any team as long as you have players and people to play against. Running an AAU team is also a mini business. All of the coaches around me were guys looking to make a quick couple thousand by charging out the rear end to have parents drop their kids off for what is essentially sports babysitting most of the time. They can charge this much because they're 6'7 former college ball players so parents think their kids are in good hands. It's true some of the times but then again my AAU team was beast as gently caress and I'm a pudgy white guy with no basketball experience post high school and the head coach I was working with looked like a part time mafia dock worker.

Also AAU coaches, by and large from at least the ones I met, are marketers first and foremost. Lavar, of course, would be stellar in this position.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Send kyrie to Utah

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Send kyrie to Utah

I mean, yes, definitely do this, but I have no idea what Utah has that the Cavs would really want short of Gobert, who they won't trade. It'd have to be some combination of like Hood, Exum, Rubio, Favors, and draft picks, and I dunno how enticing that is with the Cavs roster. They could definitely use Hood, but he's probably not quite good enough to really be a centerpiece of a trade for someone as good as Kyrie, and otherwise it's not a great fit for what they need. They can also probably get better draft picks somewhere else.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmmm I dunno would Kyrie be happy to come off the bench behind Utah's number one PG tho?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Putting 100 on the Sixers, God bless.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

AHEM

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/890330642797314048

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Metapod posted:

Send kyrie to Utah

what's mormonism's stance on the age and/or shape of the earth

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Look at the emoji he chose, just sayin

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3.Nice

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm starting to be convinced Lavar Ball is the PT Barnum of the 21st century, and the Lakers just drafted his elephant

Lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LaVar Ball is the perfect NBA dad for the post-escalator world.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol the sixers got odds

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

DeimosRising posted:

No they aren't. Gortat is one of the best screeners in the league, a very good defensive player and rebounder, and a strong roll man. He's the ideal player to have next to Wall while Love is like the exact opposite of the kind of guy you'd want next to Kyrie. Which is why he isn't being included in that little stat blurb.

What kind of guy do you want next to Kyrie?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Kyrie is a special case because he doesn't play nice with well rounded teammates.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Lebron James

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kyrie just wants to run 1-4 flat offense all day

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/890620603387879425

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If the Knicks can get Kyrie without giving up a first round pick or Porzingis then let's get this poo poo done.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kyrie Irving was hanging a clock above a toilet, slipped, fell and hit his head.

When he came to, he had a vision of this, which is what makes bad basketball possible.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RCarr posted:

If the Knicks can get Kyrie without giving up a first round pick or Porzingis then let's get this poo poo done.

I don't know why the cavs would ever do that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RCarr posted:

So the Cavs would be accepting hopes and dreams as currency in this scenario?

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Gonz posted:

Kyrie Irving was hanging a clock above a toilet, slipped, fell and hit his head.

When he came to, he had a vision of this, which is what makes bad basketball possible.

I'm trying to make a joke about flux capacitors and the triangle offense but the science just isn't there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

I don't know why the cavs would ever do that

That's why you're not a GM. :rolleyes:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

So the Cavs would be accepting hopes and dreams as currency in this scenario?

They could have Carmelo Anthony, a great basketball player, and idk Hernangomez, and some other future MVP's we have laying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Kyrie better hope he lands on a team with defense or it's going to look bad. I imagine when he approached Kobe he was like "this is just like when you and Shaq broke up" while Kobe nervously tried to hint to Kyrie he isn't on the level of Shaq or a younger version of himself. (because he doesn't play a 2 way game.)

• Locked thread