Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

People regularly screw up ramen or pasta. The directions to which are literally add to hot water for X minutes.

I guess you can't screw up a raw baby carrot?

I don't even do that. I tend to add the noodles to cold water and microwave.

It's me,. isn't it?

ISN'T IT?

JUST TELL ME ALREADY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

angerbeet posted:

I can't say that I haven't made things as bad as the salmon plate but I've never posted documentation to people I theoretically talk to on a regular basis

I think that's the real dividing line. I won't claim I've never made and enjoyed eating things that are, objectively, terrible. I did not take pictures or tell anyone about these things.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I don't check this thread enough anymore to see if this is a double post

Also I was going to try and contract "double post" into "DP" and was like "Oh, no. That's not right."

PS:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

cash crab posted:

Also I was going to try and contract "double post" into "DP" and was like "Oh, no. That's not right."

PS:

Why of all the things in this thread is this the one that makes me go NOPE?!?!?!?

Maybe at first glance I thought it was BBQ meat in blue box Mac and cheese, which is totally cool and good.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

cash crab posted:

PS:

Guess Paula Deen took to pills after getting fired from the Food Network.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Now, is that better or worse than Kraft Dinner with ketchup and sliced hot dogs?

A Canadian toddler lunch staple. If you're me, you moved in with your SO while you were both 17 working part time at a fast food restaurant, so you ate this for dinner with pepper stolen from work and some chili powder from the dollar store mixed in as well.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
What the hell is an Ambien meal?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Arivia posted:

What the hell is an Ambien meal?

A meal you make after getting hosed up on Ambien. Ambien is a sleeping pill that works by basically getting you high enough to do handstands on the Empire State Building while never getting off the fuckin' couch.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So last night my drunken concoction was a box of Cracker Barrell mac and cheese, some frozen buffalo tenders that I microwaved, cut up and tossed in, then some leftover queso from Moe's (made to order burrito place).

It looked absolutely disgusting, but good god it was so good. I could feel my arteries sclerosing as I was eating it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

Now, is that better or worse than Kraft Dinner with ketchup and sliced hot dogs?

A Canadian toddler lunch staple. If you're me, you moved in with your SO while you were both 17 working part time at a fast food restaurant, so you ate this for dinner with pepper stolen from work and some chili powder from the dollar store mixed in as well.

My friend, as a fellow Canadian, I must suggest to you that you use PC Brand white mac n' cheese for a truly nostalgic, down-to-Earth Canadian dining experience.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The gross thing is that the hot dogs to not appear to be grilled or roasted over flame. A favorite winter dish for me is hotdog fried rice. Roast a few dogs in the woodstove, make some rice, cook it all up in a wok, and top each bowl with a very lightly cooked egg.

Also I though that the salmon dude was making some kind of crazy backpacking meal until I got to the olives.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

cash crab posted:

PS:

In the vast list of ambien walrus stories, this is at least less terrifying than shaving your head while running down the interstate.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

cash crab posted:

My friend, as a fellow Canadian, I must suggest to you that you use PC Brand white mac n' cheese for a truly nostalgic, down-to-Earth Canadian dining experience.

I can't stand KD any more but PC brand white is still A+.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Arivia posted:

It doesn't happen often, but when you're right you're right.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Arivia posted:

I keep a couple boxes of KD on my shelf for when I'm feeling very very lazy. What's amazing is that adding even a very small amount of any kind of real cheese to the KD will male it palatable, even if I mostly agree with you otherwise.

I also keep the PC stuff around.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

bongwizzard posted:

The gross thing is that the hot dogs to not appear to be grilled or roasted over flame. A favorite winter dish for me is hotdog fried rice.

Hot dog fried rice is legit SE Asian food. See also Spam fried rice.

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
Kraft Dinneeeeeeeeer and ketchup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnWIICkBeE

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I feel like that knife should be replaced with a bayonet for the true raw Spam experience.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It should be replaced by a bayonet into the neck of that mother fucker Don

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Zenithe posted:

Hot dog fried rice is legit SE Asian food. See also Spam fried rice.

Yep, when working in NYC I once wanted into some hole in the wall korean place with no english signage and ended up going home with a bowl of budae-jjigae, which ignited a passion for "american trash-meat in asian food".

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I've said it before but as much as East Asia has amazing food, it should also be the official AFP world region. It's the only place I've actually been served hot ham water.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

It doesn't happen often, but when you're right you're right.

Just had some for lunch. As good as ever. You have to make it with butter though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Is someone poo poo-talking spam up in here?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

So last night my drunken concoction was a box of Cracker Barrell mac and cheese, some frozen buffalo tenders that I microwaved, cut up and tossed in, then some leftover queso from Moe's (made to order burrito place).

It looked absolutely disgusting, but good god it was so good. I could feel my arteries sclerosing as I was eating it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it but a conservative estimate of the sodium you consumed in that one meal is nearly two and a half grams :barf:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Visited Glasgow last weekend so aimed to get some of the thread staples.
Had Iron-Bru battered fish and chips which were amazing followed by the classic battered Mars bar

It's like having a banana fritter but filled with chocolate. It was great.
No pic but I had a pizza with tonnes of toppings including haggis and iron-bru pulled pork.
Didn't get hold of a munchie box but did have pizza crunch

It really surprised me how much I enjoyed it. The pizza didn't soak up any oil so it remained bready with a lovely crunch around it.

All in all when it comes to fast food the Scotts know what's up.

Going to try making iron-bru pulled pork myself this weekend.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Grand Fromage posted:

I've said it before but as much as East Asia has amazing food, it should also be the official AFP world region. It's the only place I've actually been served hot ham water.

Hot ham water is a staple of a traditional Swedish Christmas meal. It's the broth that the Christmas ham was cooked in, and you dip slices of slightly stale bread in it and eat that with the ham and mustard.

It's salty and hammy and only ever eaten at Christmas.

Local names is 'dopp i grytan' - 'dip-in-the-pot'.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Scandinavians eating poo poo food? Color me surprised.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That's amazing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Look who's back!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oG9XcecDKs

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Iron Crowned posted:

Is someone poo poo-talking spam up in here?

Spam, for me, has to be cooked over a campfire. It's just not the same otherwise. Of course, we had Klik, which is a Canadian offbrand but at some point in the spam distinction timeline it sort of stops mattering, especially when camping.

In actually tasty food chat since someone was going on about ramen uppage, I've been into this:

lately, which is 2x Spicy hot chicken, "nuclear"

They are not kidding around, it takes a good long while to eat a bowl but the flavor is great.

e: 1x spicy has but one english word on the package which is just (Mania)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Is that spotted dick?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

angerbeet posted:

Spam, for me, has to be cooked over a campfire. It's just not the same otherwise. Of course, we had Klik, which is a Canadian offbrand but at some point in the spam distinction timeline it sort of stops mattering, especially when camping.

In actually tasty food chat since someone was going on about ramen uppage, I've been into this:

lately, which is 2x Spicy hot chicken, "nuclear"

They are not kidding around, it takes a good long while to eat a bowl but the flavor is great.

e: 1x spicy has but one english word on the package which is just (Mania)

I still need to locate some of this. I love the regular one. Last time I got some I accidentally got a pack of 'Stew-Type' though which isn't as spicy or as good :colbert: and is also weirdly sweet.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I still need to locate some of this. I love the regular one. Last time I got some I accidentally got a pack of 'Stew-Type' though which isn't as spicy or as good :colbert: and is also weirdly sweet.

I've had the hot, the double hot, and the curry hot. I'd say 2x->curry->regular crazy hot

I just get them from a place down the street, I could ship you some if you're not like a million miles away, ramen doesn't weigh anything

e: there's also a cheese flavor that I have been avoiding

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bongwizzard posted:

The gross thing is that the hot dogs to not appear to be grilled or roasted over flame. A favorite winter dish for me is hotdog fried rice. Roast a few dogs in the woodstove, make some rice, cook it all up in a wok, and top each bowl with a very lightly cooked egg.

Also I though that the salmon dude was making some kind of crazy backpacking meal until I got to the olives.

I think I might be the only person in the world who prefers boiled hot dogs to grilled ones. I like them plump and juicy as opposed to dry and with burn marks. They are also the only meat based food I feel that way about, I like actual sausages grilled

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well yeah for a traditional Canadian Kraft dinner you boil the hotdogs in the macaroni water first. And of course they should be the shittiest hot dogs known to man.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Is that spotted dick?

pls don't doxx me

http://sethlui.com/yayoi-special-menu-gallery-and-co-singapore/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain