Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

konejo posted:

Have you tried 3dsexplorer?

I detailed the issue in the Animal Crossing thread, but it took three phone calls (the last one being 50 minutes) to get someone to give me the code manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nintendo just posted on the official 3DS Facebook page:

quote:

In Metroid: Samus Returns, the Metroid amiibo unlocks Metroid Marker, a tool to help you find nearby Metroids. In addition, it will also unlock Fusion Mode, a new mode that offers increased difficulty and features Samus in her Fusion suit. Note that Fusion Mode will only be available after finishing the game at least once.

Doesn't say whether or not you can unlock Fusion Mode normally.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
that wording implies "no" imo

it's an additional qualifier to the amibo rather than "note that you can also..."

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
At first glance I misread marker as maker.
For a hot second I thought the unlock was Metroid Maker and I was going to actually lose my poo poo.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
same here to be honest

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
good, the fusion suit was her best one

no wait bad, i don't own amiibos, i can't get it...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I can't remember if it was announced, but apparently Etrian Odyssey V is coming to the west at some point. At least according to Nintendo's earnings report released today.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

lol if you don't have any amiibos

Rexroom posted:

I can't remember if it was announced, but apparently Etrian Odyssey V is coming to the west at some point. At least according to Nintendo's earnings report released today.
It was announced a while back (maybe a month or so), EO V along with Deep Strange Journey and Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology. I think Atlus are publishing them in NA, with Deep Silver handling the publishing in Europe.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They said Kirby Robobot had copy powers that could only be accessed with the amiibo but that turned out to not be true.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hey Pikmin getting bad reviews. Oh well.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
shocker that transitioning an RTS into 2D platformer format just waters the whole thing down

shame too cuz it would have been really neat to see them pull it off well but yeah when I saw pikmin + 2D, I was less than enthusiastic

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GameXplain liked it.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Hey Pikmin getting bad reviews. Oh well.

It's made by Arzest, what did you expect?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there any way to tell if a game only works in the 'New 3ds' instead of the regular ones? Or is it just Xenoblade and Fire Emblem Warriors that don't work with the old model?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is there any way to tell if a game only works in the 'New 3ds' instead of the regular ones? Or is it just Xenoblade and Fire Emblem Warriors that don't work with the old model?

Hyrule Warriors doesn't work either but IIRC that's like all of them right there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's literally those two games, Binding of Issac and SNES games that don't work on an old 3DS, also Hyrule Warriors runs like complete and utter poo poo and shouldn't be played on one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They have a different box art design from a standard 3DS game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Two days until Miitopia comes out! Soon, my team aided by the great sage Iwata will beat up the Dark Lord Dumbledore and restore peace and people's faces to the world of Miitopia!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm looking for a case for my n3DS regular size that isn't XL, any suggestions

here you go boss

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I already have these

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

KingSlime posted:

shocker that transitioning an RTS into 2D platformer format just waters the whole thing down

shame too cuz it would have been really neat to see them pull it off well but yeah when I saw pikmin + 2D, I was less than enthusiastic

Isn't Kirby Mass Attack pretty much "Pikmin as a 2D platformer"
I'll fight anyone who say anything bad about it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

Isn't Kirby Mass Attack pretty much "Pikmin as a 2D platformer"
I'll fight anyone who say anything bad about it

True, Mass Attack is great. However while it has similarities, it was also a pretty fast paced action game. Hey Pikmin isn't really much like it.

The Hey Pikmin demo seemed okay though and I think I'll take the risk and give it a shot.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 26, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mass Attack is primarily an action game and there's no Olimar-style avatar, you're just hurling Kirbys at things.

Hey! Pikmin is an exploratory quasi-platformer for children - I think it adequately conveys the charm of Pikmin but it doesn't resemble a real Pikmin game at all, nor is it very interesting on its own merits. It's not a complete writeoff like the Chibi Robo platformer but it's hardly a must-play, either.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Stink Terios posted:

It's made by Arzest, what did you expect?

Why does Arzest keep making games

EDIT: I looked up Arzest and eventually found out that as Artoon they made Yoshi's Topsy-Turvy, which was known outside of the US as "Yoshi's Universal Gravitation." What an absurd name

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 27, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They also made Blinx for the Xbox.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm taking a lot of damage in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon because of some fiddly-rear end controls. Is there any way to rotate Luigi while I'm using the vacuum or the flashlight?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Sakurazuka posted:

It's literally those two games, Binding of Issac and SNES games that don't work on an old 3DS, also Hyrule Warriors runs like complete and utter poo poo and shouldn't be played on one.

Also Smash Bros 3DS has to completely reboot the system to get back to the Home menu. :v: The game itself plays great on an OG 3DS though.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Why does Arzest keep making games
I think the bigger question is Why does Nintendo keep paying Arzest to make games, if they all turn out to be fairly trash and presumably don't sell that well.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
What's the best (n)3ds game? I got SMTIV already.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Pokemon

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kid Icarus Uprising if you are right-handed

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

I think the bigger question is Why does Nintendo keep paying Arzest to make games, if they all turn out to be fairly trash and presumably don't sell that well.

Despite YI:DS being a pretty lame game and Yoshi's New Island presumably being not much better, the games themselves actually sold pretty well. Which is basically more the branding, but it's still kinda boggling why Nintendo is content to deliberately sell mediocrity to people.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop.

3DS

Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training | PAL | £24.99 / €29.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 28)
Hey! PIKMIN | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 28)
Kid Tripp | NA | PAL | $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99 (eShop Only)
Miitopia | NA | PAL | $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (eShop / Retail) (July 28)

New 3DS

Swipe | NA | PAL | $1.49 / £1.39 / €1.49 (eShop Only)

In PAL-land it's a big week for 3DS - the release of Dr. Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training! It was released in North America on February 10th, 2013 (as Brain Age - Concentration Training [I never knew it had a different name in NA actually]), and is finally being released in PAL territories, with no clues as to why it has taken 4 years. The 3DS is also getting 2 more retail games this week, Miitopia and Hey! Pikmin. Both have demos up if you want to try them out. Kid Tripp is a port of a mobile game, a difficult platform runner.

Swipe is New 3DS exclusive for some reason.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Link Between Worlds.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MPLS to NOLA posted:

all of em

SMT4:Apocalypse is basically a better SMT4 in every way if you haven't got it yet

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

MPLS to NOLA posted:

SMT IV Apocalypse :v:

Depends on what you're looking for really, but:

Platformers: Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby: Triple Deluxe

RPGs: Bravely Default, Bravely Second, Fire Emblems (Awakening, Fates Birthright/Conquest, Echoes), Dragon Quest VII, Dragon Quest VIII, SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked, SMT Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Puzzlers: Pushmo (Pullblox in Europe), Crashmo (Fallblox in Europe), Picross 3D Round 2, all the Picross-e games

Visual Novels etc: Phoenix Wright Trilogy/Dual Destinies/Spirit of Justice, Virtue's Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma

There's a few of the usual multiplat Indie games on there too if you fancy portable versions, BoI (apparently has a lot of slowdown though), Shantae games, Shovel Knight, Cursed Castilla, Blaster Master Zero, Azure Striker Gunvolt/Mighty Gunvolt...

There's also 3 Zelda games (4 if you include Hyrule Warriors Legends), Starfox 64 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Smash Bros for 3DS, plus plenty of gems and Virtual Console titles on the eShop.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Etrian Odyssey IV and Super Hang On

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

Kid Icarus Uprising

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MPLS to NOLA posted:

kid icarus uprising

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's kid icarus uprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Confession: I bought Kid Icarus Uprising years ago when it was on sale, it's been sitting on my sd card and I have never played it.