Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

You know, sometimes I take a break and read the onion for some light and non-hyperbolic satire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Blitz7x posted:

Cruz is also my next door neighbor, Goon project and photoshop Friday decides what I leave on his door

Photoshop Friday this photo of Cruz's tiny dick as he gets out of the shower that seems to have been taken through his bathroom oh my the police have arrived and

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

business hammocks posted:

Photoshop Friday this photo of Cruz's tiny dick as he gets out of the shower that seems to have been taken through his bathroom oh my the police have arrived and

rofl if you think cruz showers, he uses his natural oil excretions to keep clean and parasite-less.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I can't imagine what it's like to actually have your concerns represented in congress. I live in Georgia, and I think Obama is the only person I've ever voted for who's won. And that's including local elections. Doesn't feel very democratic when I think about it.

Yeah, your vote doesn't count for much when so many positions run unopposed in local elections.

Yeah, like that will help given how gerrymandered the districts in Georgia are.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Who was the idiot who before the election argued that DT would be a good President for LGBT people?

And then got all huffy when everyone pointed out it was just lip service and DT doesn't give a gently caress about anyone else?

Cause :lol: at that person.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Who was the idiot who before the argument argued that DT would be a good President for LGBT people?

And then got all huffy when everyone pointed out it was just lip service and DT doesn't give a gently caress about anyone else?

How others can are still conned by him is mind boggling.

Caitlyn Jenner?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Sane world: "The Civil Rights acts don't cover homosexuals, we should alter them to do so"

Hellworld (ours): "Look we are going to have to have some discussion about the subject"

It's like wedding cakes except instead of not having a cake you die in poverty in Georgia.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Sane world: "The Civil Rights acts don't cover homosexuals, we should alter them to do so"

Hellworld (ours): "Look we are going to discriminate the gently caress out of them because we don't think they're people"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MacheteZombie posted:

Caitlyn Jenner?

Nah it was some goon. All I remember was someone challenging him to a TOXX that if Trump did something obviously regressive he would eat a permanent.

Edit: loving christ autocorrect

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier comment, and for the suggestions provided. It's much appreciated.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Ha. Not right for me. Too many people. Not enough trees. I'm just gonna continue to flail impotently against future Jody Hices and Paul Browns.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I bet you he catches his KKK hood on his ears everytime.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

OxySnake posted:

Who was the idiot who before the election argued that DT would be a good President for LGBT people?

Theoretically we can map out Trump's motivations and try to plot out his future actions based off of his core tenants which are:
-universal adoration
-make a lot of money
-gently caress Obama and Hillary Clinton

None of those involve disparaging any LGBT group and in fact you could argue that in order to satisfy the first point he would try to make every group happy. Unfortunately we didn't really count on him being *that* receptive to hateful poo poo being whispered into his addled mind

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Ha. Not right for me. Too many people. Not enough trees. I'm just gonna continue to flail impotently against future Jody Hices and Paul Browns.

The fried cheese at Hi-Lo almost makes it worth it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So is this him trying to win back Trump or is this him trying to gently caress up as much as he can before getting sacked

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

Theoretically we can map out Trump's motivations and try to plot out his future actions based off of his core tenants which are:
-universal adoration
-make a lot of money
-gently caress Obama and Hillary Clinton

None of those involve disparaging any LGBT group and in fact you could argue that in order to satisfy the first point he would try to make every group happy. Unfortunately we didn't really count on him being *that* receptive to hateful poo poo being whispered into his addled mind

Disparaging LGBT groups gets him [UNIVERSAL ADORATION] from his core

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Chilichimp posted:

It's weird rooting for Lindsey Graham.

I was sorta rooting for Chuck Grassley until his loving committee passed a resolution to investigate Clinton/Comey/Lynch.

Grassley is the spineless jellyfish that prevented Garland from even having hearings, so in the end he is the man responsible for the GOP being able to steal a Supreme Court seat. No one should ever root for Grassley except for rooting that he has a heart attack.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

OxySnake posted:

Nah it was some goon. All I remember was someone challenging him to a TOXX that if Trump did something obviously regressive he would eat a permanent.

Edit: loving christ autocorrect

I thought there were dozens of goons making this point?

Edit: and a bunch more who thought he'd tax the rich :lol:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

House passed legislation to protect debt collectors and banks from being sued

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I know I'm late as hell with this (this thread is murder to keep up with) and everyone is probably well sick of it by now, but one things screams out at me from that stupid letter:

If your kid was going to send a letter to the President of the United States of America and you were a die-hard Trump supporter, wouldn't you make them rewrite the drat letter and fix all the spelling errors and scribbled out mistakes?

I mean, the "kid" even hosed up spelling Trump's name.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Is the Skinny Repeal going to pass?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I can't imagine what it's like to actually have your concerns represented in congress. I live in Georgia, and I think Obama is the only person I've ever voted for who's won. And that's including local elections. Doesn't feel very democratic when I think about it.

Imagine the other option: I live in a deep blue state. My senator and representatives agree with me so thoroughly that phoning them would be about as useful as calling the Pope to ask if he's Catholic.

The only people who really have any influence are those in swing states, whose representatives actually give a crap about public opinion in their states.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yes.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/890574797377286144

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Khisanth Magus posted:

Grassley is the spineless jellyfish that prevented Garland from even having hearings, so in the end he is the man responsible for the GOP being able to steal a Supreme Court seat. No one should ever root for Grassley except for rooting that he has a heart attack.

Broken clocks and all that.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crows Turn Off posted:

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Try to make it not please

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

HappyHippo posted:

I thought there were dozens of goons making this point?

Edit: and a bunch more who thought he'd tax the rich :lol:

I remember talking to a goon on the healthcare thread before the election who thought that Trump was bound to improve Obamacare rather than repeal it, because he wanted to be "popular" and throwing everyone off healthcare would be unpopular.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

The fried cheese at Hi-Lo almost makes it worth it.

I'll have to try that. It'll be hard not to just end up at Agua Linda though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yeah, I think so.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

hanales posted:

One time when he was tired he said 57 states.

Another time he wore a tan suit.

Quite scandalous.

You forgot the time Fox News was extremely concerned by his use of a cheap binder clip to hold together legislation he was holding. As was the New York Post.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I know I'm late as hell with this (this thread is murder to keep up with) and everyone is probably well sick of it by now, but one things screams out at me from that stupid letter:

If your kid was going to send a letter to the President of the United States of America and you were a die-hard Trump supporter, wouldn't you make them rewrite the drat letter and fix all the spelling errors and scribbled out mistakes?

You're making some very big assumptions about the intellect of the parents, especially given the viewpoints of the kid.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Unless they were there to punch trump in the head, this makes me sad.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I'm not sure why people think that each time health care comes up for a vote that it will be the last time it gets voted on. Even if this "skinny repeal" fails they'll continue to try and try again until they get the votes.

The ACA was doomed ever since the results of the 2016 election came in.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If these layabout workers don't get healthcare without the employer mandate then they should be getting third jobs like proper god-fearing Americans.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/890587360076988420

a lot depends on what skinny repeal even is, since mcconnell is apparently loading it up with goodies to get to 50?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Don't Stop Repealing

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I know we're in uncharted territory here, but what if Trump fires Mueller before this bill passes? Could he just be re-hired?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

But they will need to table it until next year at some point because of the reconciliation time limit. That is the incredible victory everyone was hoping for until today.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Gorilla Salad posted:

if my kid had been writing to obama (and I had a kid), i'd let them do whatever the gently caress they wanted on the perfectly reasonable assumption that obama was never, ever going to see it and i was just indulging my kid, no reason to make them feel bad about it

like, maybe you use it as a trick to get them to care about spelling and such more, but you're not going to think it actually gets to the president so it doesn't actually matter

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crows Turn Off posted:

That's what Cornyn says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

One of my Senators is already against it. The other is Roy Blunt. :smith: I wrote him a message anyway, but you know how that goes.

• Locked thread