Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the new athena seems alright. first revo to get an evo as well

padx posted:

Ult Athena Helios / r/l
God / Physical / Attacker
Active: Enhances Fire and Light orbs. +1 second move time for 1 turn.
LS: 3x ATK to God, Physical, and Attacker types. 3x ATK and 2x RCV when attacking with Fire/Light combos.

]

shame she doesn't boost hp or have a shield, and I also wish she were r/b instead of r/l so I could use urd. still, she's basically dathena with less sustain and more damage. got a bunch of red stuff with prongs that'd work alright, tho it's also a shame that leilan has rows instead of prongs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Manatee Cannon posted:

shame she doesn't boost hp or have a shield, and I also wish she were r/b instead of r/l so I could use urd. still, she's basically dathena with less sustain and more damage. got a bunch of red stuff with prongs that'd work alright, tho it's also a shame that leilan has rows instead of prongs

Also trades unbindable for killers. Probably a net loss by most standards, especially if you wanted to use her as a lead.

I can see her having a particular niche on sparkle teams though, she undoubtedly has the best base stats for a low CD R/L enhancer. Can pair with Minerva in a similar fashion to Ilm. I'd rate her as acceptable though not spectacular.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o yea, dathena is unbindable. forgot about that. this is pretty much dathena trading everything for more damage

e: dark sonia being 250k makes me hopeful for rmyr not being stupid expensive like dathena was. I could see myself dropping 300k for her but definitely not 750

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 27, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dark Sonia loving sucks lmao

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Ult Revo Athena looks like something fun to run in Multiplayer with my friends. Pretty low effort and we can all build teams for her.

I did not get a whale. I got a Drahklist. I spent a stone on the boss because I don't have follow up attack and I didn't feel like playing 20 floors again.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Manatee Cannon posted:

She's kind of the second, kind of the third. Light Azazel came before her. At the same time that LAzazel released, Jormungandr-Ullr was changed into a revo of green Jormungandr, proving an alternate way to get him.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Dark Sonia loving sucks lmao

Dronia mostly exists to be an inherit. Kind of sad, but at least she has a great active with her R, D, H tricolor board change.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

maou shoujo posted:

Dronia mostly exists to be an inherit. Kind of sad, but at least she has a great active with her R, D, H tricolor board change.

Yeah but like, why would anyone spend 250k MP on that? Obviously whales will but there are so many Dark + heart + x board changers allready.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Question for JP version: Where can I get more of those special dub-mythlits that you need for the FF pixel ults? I got the two from completing the FF dungeon challenges, but I would like a few more. PadGuide suggests that they invade in Mythical Friday dungeon, but after 6 runs I've yet to see one. Am I just having bad luck or do they come from somewhere else?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zeta posted:

Question for JP version: Where can I get more of those special dub-mythlits that you need for the FF pixel ults? I got the two from completing the FF dungeon challenges, but I would like a few more. PadGuide suggests that they invade in Mythical Friday dungeon, but after 6 runs I've yet to see one. Am I just having bad luck or do they come from somewhere else?

Just keep running the 4 person version - you get one in the mail every clear.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

SweetJahasus posted:

Yeah, the best way. I plan on running it a bunch and keep them in the mail, maybe trade them away after the event.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Red Athena just looks like a worse off farmable Ilm.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

SweetJahasus posted:

I had no idea you were allowed to do that, thanks!

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah but like, why would anyone spend 250k MP on that? Obviously whales will but there are so many Dark + heart + x board changers allready.

MP is getting pretty cheap considering that the game hands out large amounts of MP and predra gifts these day. There are a lot of people who have the MP already and nothing else to spend it on.

The only other R + D + H tricolor board change is Gainaut Ney, where Ney is a 6* GFE with 6 different forms, where every form has a different active and every form has obnoxious evo mats to discourage switching. People who are not whales could very likely prefer a different form of Ney than Gainaut, and spend MP on Dronia to have a similar skill to inherit.

Granted, R + D + H is not the greatest powerhouse color combination for a tricolor board. It's not like it's R/L or B/D, those are powerhouse color combinations. But, that's why Dronia is only 250k.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I think it is kinda bullshit that this one shot challenge started in the middle of the week and does not even go through the weekend.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

I think it is kinda bullshit that this one shot challenge started in the middle of the week and does not even go through the weekend.

still better than the three hours jp gets to clear

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

still better than the three hours jp gets to clear

Both of these things are bullshit. I don't play PAD on weekdays much at all ;(

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Work out your life priorities.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Tir McDohl posted:

Both of these things are bullshit. I don't play PAD on weekdays much at all ;(

Play PAD on the shitter.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Kuros posted:

Play PAD on the shitter.

I only poo poo on weekends.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“SweetJahasus”" post="“474786180”"]
I only poo poo on weekends.
[/quote]

You should probably go see a doctor this weekend.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You should probably go see a doctor this weekend.

Too busy making GBS threads to do that.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

SweetJahasus posted:

I don't understand this. What 4 person version? I want more of these guys as well.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

The top white level in FF dungeons. You can repeatedly run it for more of those Tamadra.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Ooooooh that's awesome! I wasn't aware of this! Will have to get in on that action.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Orpharian pieces dropping from the PAL machine now. Maybe now I can finally make one. Yay.

edit: Used all of my pal points and somehow managed to get all the pieces except the head, Windsor. Anybody want to trade it to me? :bigtran:

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 28, 2017

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I can't get a Yuna on my JP alt to save my life. This is upsetting.

Also, did like 90 rolls between my alts in JP pal machine and got 2 Orph parts (both duplicates) so that's definitely a pretty poo poo rate.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

whoops wrong thread

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Well, maybe if you did 90 rolls on the FF REM...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SweetJahasus posted:

I can't get a Yuna on my JP alt to save my life. This is upsetting.

Also, did like 90 rolls between my alts in JP pal machine and got 2 Orph parts (both duplicates) so that's definitely a pretty poo poo rate.

ChikoDemono posted:

Well, maybe if you did 90 rolls on the FF REM...

I just did 10 rolls on the JP PAL REM (I am a high-roller like that) and got a rainbow egg that triggered the new monster animation for a...

Green Skydragon Elysium!

What the gently caress is that poo poo doing in there? Good to see stuff that was useless three years be part of the "rewards".

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I got a formula and two orph parts suck it nerds

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

I got a formula and two orph parts suck it nerds

But did you get a Green Skydragon Elysium? Who is the sucker now?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

I got like 4 of those fuckers and enough to max skill Firem? She looks neat.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

No Yuna, but I got a Tifa. (Yay?)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

trucutru posted:

yea

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Lol if you haven’t had this trophy for years.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

ChikoDemono posted:

No Yuna, but I got a Tifa. (Yay?)

Man this pixel ult FF thing makes me glad that: 1) I went apeshit trying to get Lightning or Tifa the last time it came out, and 2) I didn't sell all my dupes. I have Cloud, Yuna, Onion Knight, 2x Terra, 2x Zidane, 2x Squall, 2x Noctis, 2x Seph, 2x Y'sht, 2x Bartz, 2x Shantoto, Makes choosing whether to pixel 85% of things super easy.

So, Yuna as #1 sub for Anub/Kush/Diabl?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Get your wallets ready, Yog's coming in Monday. 6x rates, no pantheons, +50 each pull.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's with the talk of waiting for the 10x version of the machine?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there was a 10x? man, the best I'd heard of was the 7x that ney got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Rascyc posted:

What's with the talk of waiting for the 10x version of the machine?

Since the last PCGF, JP has done daily 10x rates for select 6*s. No more than just 1 or 2 cards at a time, while the rest are at 5x. Of course this is only the newest and/or most popular cards, like Yog/Fujin/Ney.