Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone know if L+L lists were posted anywhere? Usually Discountgamesinc.com has tournament lists, but they haven't updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I did a dumb conversion (not like I was using these plastic warriors for anything else):

Here's the old original for comparison. Pretty sure this was the first Trollblood infantry I ever painted. Kept the new guy a little simple to help him blend in a bit. He's hilariously oversized compared to the scribe models, but that's appropriate in this case probs.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
loving rock. It will be an honor they said! I can't even see what I'm marching too!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Yah did good there!

Also playing Cephalyx tonight was something else. Only two big hitters and the rest as dudes was super fun. It was tight game and I did lose after failing an assassination against Rasheth(fatty getting impervious flesh to all damage succccks) but had a great time none the less.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Yah did good there!

Also playing Cephalyx tonight was something else. Only two big hitters and the rest as dudes was super fun. It was tight game and I did lose after failing an assassination against Rasheth(fatty getting impervious flesh to all damage succccks) but had a great time none the less.

Oh man is it all damage now? Used to just be shooting. Used to be that the drudges could put a bit more hurt on, but ambushing with a full unit still has to be respected or terrible things happen!

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.
In the new No Quarter, the protectorate is on the verge of civil war and about to pull out of the Northern Crusade.
Last I checked, they were cleaning house up there, so I suspect I've missed all the books.

Is there some resource we've got to keep track of the lore now that it's all Skull Island?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Protectorate only really features in Godless, the events of which are what Gravus and Vilmon are discussing so that's not really much help (though it's a good read and Tristan and Malekus are great bros.) Other than a cameo in The Blood Of Kings I don't think there's any other meaningful Protectorate appearance in the SIX books.

I just finished Aftershock today and if PP doesn't give Cygnar Magnus 3 soon I will write an open letter on the Official Forums™ to express my displeasure.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Zalabar posted:

In the new No Quarter, the protectorate is on the verge of civil war and about to pull out of the Northern Crusade.
Last I checked, they were cleaning house up there, so I suspect I've missed all the books.

Is there some resource we've got to keep track of the lore now that it's all Skull Island?

I think Sevvy died during the time skip, so between Feora and Kreoss I imagine that friction is getting pretty spicy

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Archenteron posted:

I think Sevvy died during the time skip, so between Feora and Kreoss I imagine that friction is getting pretty spicy

Sevvy got his rear end killed in Godless (but ended up loving up a Skorne force in the process), so while he is dead it happened during the Mk3 end of the skip. But yeah, Feora's faction and the Sevvy-loyal faction are setting up for some conflict, with Tristan caught in the middle.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I've been away from the fluff for so long, what's the casualty list? I know Goreshade is -1 there.

What ended up happening with the skorne invasion of Ios?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I've been away from the fluff for so long, what's the casualty list? I know Goreshade is -1 there.

Other than Goreshade's resurrection I think the only two character casualties are Severius and Captain Lynch of the Black 13th.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

rantmo posted:

Other than Goreshade's resurrection I think the only two character casualties are Severius and Captain Lynch of the Black 13th.

What happened to Lynch?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

rantmo posted:

Isn't Vinter finally actually dead now? Also Mordikaar got pulled into his own void portal, which may or may not kill him.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Vinter is super dead, yeah.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I'm playing in a FA:1 event on Saturday, and am about to get in my one and only training game with one of my lists.

Put the list on the tray and wanted to share. Double Colossals just look awesome as hell.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

What happened to Lynch?

He got Hellslung. I forgot about Vinter but he doesn't have a model so gently caress him.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Luebbi posted:

I'm playing in a FA:1 event on Saturday, and am about to get in my one and only training game with one of my lists.

Put the list on the tray and wanted to share. Double Colossals just look awesome as hell.

Nicely done! I'm looking forward to moving so I can get my table back and get back on the ball on getting my poo poo done

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

rantmo posted:

He got Hellslung. I forgot about Vinter but he doesn't have a model so gently caress him.

Vinter totally has a model.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Speaking of the hellslingers what does a Merc list for them look like

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Speaking of the hellslingers what does a Merc list for them look like

Something with a galleon and then a deep longing for a cheap Merc jack with a gun thats not limited to Rhulic.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Mariner is... 14

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pash posted:

Something with a galleon and then a deep longing for a cheap Merc jack with a gun thats not limited to Rhulic.

Vanguard could work alright? Although it's only one shot, but assault helps, and it's plenty survivable.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

S.J. posted:

Vanguard could work alright? Although it's only one shot, but assault helps, and it's plenty survivable.

Maybe. The issue comes mostly from envy of the 9 point charger, which has a better gun with 2 shots. Or the Cyclone for a few more points and 2d3 shots. Its also painful that if caine3 could take gun bunnies he would be super happy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Pash posted:

Maybe. The issue comes mostly from envy of the 9 point charger, which has a better gun with 2 shots. Or the Cyclone for a few more points and 2d3 shots. Its also painful that if caine3 could take gun bunnies he would be super happy.

Oh I know. I love Caine 3. But you couldn't give him gun bunnies.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah that would be 2gross

S.J.
May 19, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah that would be 2gross

3 gross 5 balance

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Maaaaan, Morghoul 3 is bonkers. Jammed the world with drudges, feated such that all of his infantry and frontline were dead, it's basically had nothing. I still had 4 monstrosities and was camping 3 focus on Thexus, but his 4 remaining cat-rider leaping bastards all toughed, two of them twice (?!) so he just feated and charged me through a whole table full of men, missed 4 (!!) Attacks and still murdered Thexus the wet tissue handily. Lord. If he'd just run at me for two turns with his whole army and nothing else, there's pretty much nothing I could do to stop him murdering me on turn three. Terrifying! And im basically immune to blind, would be mortified playing against him with a non combat caster in a regular army!

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi
I wanted to ask about sportsmanship / friendly games vs Grymkin.

I was playing Tanith into Heretic, activated my wyrd and shot down some pigs with fury on them. I wasn't rushing, I took some time deciding to activate reeves next to try to finish off the unit. As soon as I declared the reeve's activation next, my opponent says "Oh, after the wyrd killed that pig, I'm activating Shroud." I said okay, I get to take back my activation then, which he agreed to. I activated another unit instead, but the choice was not nearly as good as using the reeves then. I know the faction is new but, it felt really crappy to have let him known my intended order of activation, and backpedal to use an Arcana and mess that up.

What are others' thoughts on this, how much leeway should someone give during a friendly game on activating arcana?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Cryx is getting a new slayer kit. What the heck!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Nighttheii posted:

I wanted to ask about sportsmanship / friendly games vs Grymkin.

I was playing Tanith into Heretic, activated my wyrd and shot down some pigs with fury on them. I wasn't rushing, I took some time deciding to activate reeves next to try to finish off the unit. As soon as I declared the reeve's activation next, my opponent says "Oh, after the wyrd killed that pig, I'm activating Shroud." I said okay, I get to take back my activation then, which he agreed to. I activated another unit instead, but the choice was not nearly as good as using the reeves then. I know the faction is new but, it felt really crappy to have let him known my intended order of activation, and backpedal to use an Arcana and mess that up.

What are others' thoughts on this, how much leeway should someone give during a friendly game on activating arcana?

As a Magic player, (a game where priority issues are occasionally a hilarious problem), I'd say he gets the benefit of the doubt this time, since it's a new mechanic and gimmick, but remind him to be a bit more mindful in the future. In casual games, I'd add a slight pause/"Ok?" between activations to give them a chance, but if it was a timed game, I'd be less generous.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Saalkin posted:

Cryx is getting a new slayer kit. What the heck!

It's part of the move away from soft plastic/restic to hard plastic. I've heard good things, but after seeing how my hydra turned out I am skeptical. I'm not talking about the small issue with the flesh hooks on one side of some necks. The kit itself was the worst thing I've ever had to put together for any game period. It looks incredible, but just getting the head in place was an act of god, and somehow I had to bend the plastic of the body to get them all to fit. Maybe I've been spoiled by GW and Wyrd kits, but I expect better out of a hard plastic design than this.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

rkajdi posted:

It's part of the move away from soft plastic/restic to hard plastic. I've heard good things, but after seeing how my hydra turned out I am skeptical. I'm not talking about the small issue with the flesh hooks on one side of some necks. The kit itself was the worst thing I've ever had to put together for any game period. It looks incredible, but just getting the head in place was an act of god, and somehow I had to bend the plastic of the body to get them all to fit. Maybe I've been spoiled by GW and Wyrd kits, but I expect better out of a hard plastic design than this.

The seether kit isn't too bad. Maybe they just suck at big complex poo poo. Anyone have a storm bird? How does that go together?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Storm Raptor was fantastic, a few guys around here bought one and had nothing bad to say about it. The Grolar and Stormblade kits are fantastic too, and so is the plastic Convergence Colossal I've been putting together. I honestly have no idea how they managed to screw up the Hydra the way that they did.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

S.J. posted:

The Storm Raptor was fantastic, a few guys around here bought one and had nothing bad to say about it. The Grolar and Stormblade kits are fantastic too, and so is the plastic Convergence Colossal I've been putting together. I honestly have no idea how they managed to screw up the Hydra the way that they did.

The Glacier King also had some issues with his skirt not fitting well at all for a number of casts. But the new Helios kit is the single best model I've ever assembled. So I think there was some learning that happened with the very first stuff

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My friend is mad jelly about my Rinny, lol

Adjacent to that subject our cygnar player was given fits by my madhammer list. Primed kayazy had his striker 2 storm patrol paralyzed for like a half an hour. He was insisting i should get another unit of assassins for two waves. People generally poo poo madhammer so I was surprised one of our best players was impressed with what the caster could do. Now I'm trying to work out a real madhammer list instead of futzing around with goofy crap

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

Archenteron posted:

As a Magic player, (a game where priority issues are occasionally a hilarious problem), I'd say he gets the benefit of the doubt this time, since it's a new mechanic and gimmick, but remind him to be a bit more mindful in the future. In casual games, I'd add a slight pause/"Ok?" between activations to give them a chance, but if it was a timed game, I'd be less generous.

Okay. Thanks for the input. I'll mention this if it comes up again.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

The Glacier King also had some issues with his skirt not fitting well at all for a number of casts. But the new Helios kit is the single best model I've ever assembled. So I think there was some learning that happened with the very first stuff

Oh the Glacier King is plastic? Neat, I just assumed it was like the Mountain King. That's cool.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
GK is not plastic. It's a resin nightmare. #triggered

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I'm reading Grymkin book and it's giving me flashbacks to old-school White Wolf Vampire books from the 90's and not in the most flattering way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CaptCommy posted:

Okay, that has me feeling better. If the issue is the change in material for the hydra (it was supposed to be metal & resin, but they couldn't get to produced well) that speaks more to the kit just being very hard to produce than the plastic process PP uses as being crap. I've honestly not seen anyone use the new plastic jack kits yet, so if they are pretty good I'll just take it to be that the hydra is awful.