Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Nah you want Primed not Pattern. Works the same but you can BB8 whilst stressed and get actions after trolling through debris or when subject to stress control.

Man, that's a cool Poe, you gain a lot even if you give up regen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

Man, that's a cool Poe, you gain a lot even if you give up regen.

Getting an evade token most rounds is roughly equivalent to regen.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Getting an evade token most rounds is roughly equivalent to regen.

True but r2d2 + comm relay is double regen.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

hoiyes posted:

This.
I know the BB-8less Poe is less maneuverable, but having regen outweighs maneuverability IMO. If Poe was dropping bombs or a high red dice roller, I could see re positioning being favored. My thought is I just want Poe to survive and be annoying.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Except without the ability to get both tokens in one round you're at real risk of wasting 5 points on Intensity and Comm Relay. Things which steal your focus token are pretty common.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'd pretty much always go BB-8, because being able to maneuver and not get shot is better then getting shot then having to run away to get a shield back and since your opponent knows that you aren't going to get a shot off next turn but they pretty much know where you are going to be so you will get shot again.

Also, The second I see Regen across from me, that poo poo gets focused down HARD.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 27, 2017

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

Also, The second I see Regen across form me, that poo poo gets focused down HARD.

You'd be making a mistake. Comm regen poe is hard to focus down, 3 straight boost + focus to flee while Dash it hitting for 4.The way to beat it is kill dash and have more than 45 on the table after, him being a points bank is a part of it.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I will let people go after regen Poe all day long. Having a focus plus an evade and autothrusters if I stay at range 3, I am ok with that. Also doing a bank one to regen, then boosting another bank one gets you out of a lot of large based primary firing arcs if they are right behind you range 1 before Poe moves.

While Poe is being chased taking hits/regenning, a heavy hitter like Dash comes from behind throwing his 4 dice with a focus from Rey and a target lock.

All in all, there is no "correct" way to trick out Poe IMO. It is a matter of what you want to do with him.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
That said the best T-70 is snap stress numb.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

Except without the ability to get both tokens in one round you're at real risk of wasting 5 points on Intensity and Comm Relay. Things which steal your focus token are pretty common.

He said R2-D2 not R5-P9 though? I'm not following on how stealing a focus token disrupts that regen.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

hoiyes posted:

You'd be making a mistake. Comm regen poe is hard to focus down, 3 straight boost + focus to flee while Dash it hitting for 4.The way to beat it is kill dash and have more than 45 on the table after, him being a points bank is a part of it.

That's what bombs are for!

I hate bombs but I am playing them now because i am a Try Hard piece of poo poo

Actually, regen Poe may be able to weather bombs better then most simply because he gets those shields back.
But your not wrong about focusing down Poe. Best thing to do is focus on Dash while Poe flees, i guess. It really depends on how the person fielding the list flies.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 27, 2017

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

enigmahfc posted:

That's what bombs are for!

I hate bombs but I am playing them now because i am a Try Hard piece of poo poo

Actually, regen Poe may be able to weather bombs better then most simply because he gets those shields back.
But your not wrong about focusing down Poe. Best thing to do is focus on Dash while Poe flees, i guess. It really depends on how the person fielding the list flies.

I am hoping the intensity regen Poe is kind of a counter to bombs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone on Reddit claims to have info about the next FAQ. One of the mods says he was provided something convincing him it's true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/XWingTMG/comments/6pwctu/xwing_faq_leak/

quote:

Jumpmaster5000: Remove the Salvaged Astromech Slot Remove the Illicit Slot Remove the torpedo slot

Punishing One Title:

Add this to the end of the card:

Add the Illicit Slot. Add the Salvaged Astromech Slot. Remove a torpedo slot If you equip this card.

Attani Mindlink: limited to two ships only

Advanced Slam: now becomes action bar only.

Those are the major changes.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Jumpmaster changes seem pretty fair. Kills the underpriced torpedo boat Scout while leaving Dengar untouched.

Advanced Slam change is cool and good

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone on Reddit claims to have info about the next FAQ. One of the mods says he was provided something convincing him it's true.

Wowzers. Will we see Imperial arc dodging aces again?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

quote:

Advanced Slam: now becomes action bar only.
I've never used SLAM/ASLAM myself, though I've flown against them a lot. What does this change actually do/mean?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

TheCenturion posted:

I've never used SLAM/ASLAM myself, though I've flown against them a lot. What does this change actually do/mean?
Basically ASLAM allows you to perform a free action after SLAMing. If you restrict the free action to action bar actions (like PtL does), it means that you can't fire bombs that require actions to drop.

No action bombs from ASLAM means that the places where you can place bombs with a K-Wing are much reduced.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So with new mindlink can you have 2 pairs of mindlinked ships that only work with each other or is it just 2 mindlinks in your list period?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

banned from Starbucks posted:

So with new mindlink can you have 2 pairs of mindlinked ships that only work with each other or is it just 2 mindlinks in your list period?
Who knows? There aren't many details on the leak.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Tekopo posted:

Basically ASLAM allows you to perform a free action after SLAMing. If you restrict the free action to action bar actions (like PtL does), it means that you can't fire bombs that require actions to drop.

No action bombs from ASLAM means that the places where you can place bombs with a K-Wing are much reduced.

Ah, so in theory: they used to be able to move, slam to move again, bomb; now they can move, slam, then focus/evade/boost/barrel roll/target lock, depending on what's on their bar?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Those are all reasonable changes, though I still want Mirandas regen to go to primary only. TLT regen is BS.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

TheCenturion posted:

Ah, so in theory: they used to be able to move, slam to move again, bomb; now they can move, slam, then focus/evade/boost/barrel roll/target lock, depending on what's on their bar?

Yeah, it basically kills action bombs after advanced SLAM, which with Sabine crew made it pretty trivial to drop bombs and get guaranteed damage in a lot of places. Self quoting my effort post on the topic

canyoneer posted:

http://randolphw.github.io/echolocation/
OK, select a K Wing, and look at available maneuvers. Now imagine that after doing a maneuver, you are dropping a set of cluster mines with the 1 straight template out the back.

That covers pretty almost all the space within the blossom (because cluster mines are huge). And you're still shooting that round too, though probably without mods unless you kept a target lock.

Now consider a 1 speed move with a SLAM and then dropping a set of mines with Advanced Slam after the SLAM.

Still a pretty big area you can cover, with a set of mines deployed with a 1 straight template out the back. You're not shooting that round, but if your opponent hits 2 of the 3 mines and rolls average damage you're gonna get 2 natural plus 1 with Sabine.

Here's the same, but with 2 speed moves only and then a SLAM.

Getting access to the hard turns makes this I think really the sweet spot for bombing. Lots of flexibility, and I especially like that you can make a hard turn to get in the path of a higher PS ship, and then SLAM and bombs away.

And now, 3 speed moves with SLAM

You can see that you're really stretching out here, with the straight move covering the same distance with the ship as a "7" speed move before dropping the bombs.

And all together, in one big blossom.

Add a 1 straight template out the back with cluster mines for each available ending spot and you see where the magic is.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
The K-Wing would still be able to SLAM and bomb with Experimental Interface at the cost of a stress, yeah?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

DogCop posted:

The K-Wing would still be able to SLAM and bomb with Experimental Interface at the cost of a stress, yeah?

I suppose so, yeah

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

DogCop posted:

Aren't this both Mods?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Slandible posted:

Aren't this both Mods?

The K-Wing gets SLAM naturally, Advanced SLAM just lets you take an action after doing a SLAM.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

DogCop posted:

No can do. They're both Modifications.

Edit: Well, ASlam and EI are mods. SLAM itself is an action, so yes you could.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 27, 2017

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Strobe posted:

He said R2-D2 not R5-P9 though? I'm not following on how stealing a focus token disrupts that regen.
You can't pick up both tokens in one round, so the second you're forced to spend the evade, you're likely to struggle to get it back again.

Also, you HAVE to boost to get your token, so you can easily be forced into overshooting.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm a little disappointed with all of these, and very disappointed if that's the extent of the changes.

ASLAM should give stress.

Jumps need a points increase and to lose the EPT, anything else is just bandaiding further.

Mindlink is basically dead in this format. It kills it for everyone. Whilst all-generic four-ship mindlink hasn't ever hurt anyone and is hella fun.

:(

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.

Slandible posted:

Aren't this both Mods?

Ship has SLAM on action bar, just need to swap out Advanced for Experimental and good to go.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

If true, that mindlink nerf kills the card entirely.

But at least imperial aces have a chance again if that aslam nerf is true. Nym is still gonna be a good counter, but at least it's possible to outfly him.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

If that FAQ is true it would really make the game fun again

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

alg posted:

If that FAQ is true it would really make the game fun again

The meta is in a good state
When Soontir can make top 8

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

The meta is in a good state
When Soontir can make top 8

Soontir made top 4 at Mustafar open. He lost to the eventual champion, but really shouldn't have. It seriously came down to dice. I rarely say that, but it was so true in that game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If all that is true I might start playing again. It's been a few months.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Drop advanced slam for experimental interface and you get to do the same exact thing but with just a stress.

They couldn't just add getting stressed after the free action from advanced slamming?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

lazerus06 posted:

Drop advanced slam for experimental interface and you get to do the same exact thing but with just a stress.

They couldn't just add getting stressed after the free action from advanced slamming?

They could, but with EI that means your only action can be bombing or Seismic Torpedoes after SLAM

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
The Contracted Scout is dead. Long live the Lok Revenant.

Lok Revenant (26)
Deadeye (1)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 33

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

canyoneer posted:

They could, but with EI that means your only action can be bombing or Seismic Torpedoes after SLAM

Does anyone do anything other than an action based bomb after advanced slamming?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm ok with experimental interface allowing the bomb drop for the following reasons.

1. It's unique. No more multiple k-wing bombers.
2. It gives stress. The ship what drops the bomb is a sitting duck the next round, and can't just SLAM a couple of range three maneuvers to reset.
3. It costs more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lazerus06 posted:

Does anyone do anything other than an action based bomb after advanced slamming?

Focus and TL when youre running or trying to set up a missile shot next round.

• Locked thread