Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Whatever happened to CIGs regular twitter posts showing poorly cut cakes and icing slathered all over repurposed aircraft metal desks and the unpaid barista in the back or the team playing a game of Civ 5 while waiting for the game to compile for the 8th time in a day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

TheAgent posted:

yup, the cyclone is one of the worst concepts they have ever put out

they have to release one of the huge rear end ship concepts that holds like 100 people or whatever soon, in a very limited batch of 10,000 or something never to be sold again

otherwise their funding is absolutely hosed

Well, it's still selling pretty well compared to stuff like the Defender. It's actually impressive that it's tracking so closely to the Dragonfly despite the Cyclone's vastly inferior utility as an LTI token (due to not being able to be CCU'ed to actual ships :laugh:).

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

buttery :yarg:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

boviscopophobic posted:

Well, it's still selling pretty well compared to stuff like the Defender. It's actually impressive that it's tracking so closely to the Dragonfly despite the Cyclone's vastly inferior utility as an LTI token (due to not being able to be CCU'ed to actual ships :laugh:).
I'm more thinking along the lines of them hitting $3m this month, no way the cyclone gets them close to that

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

boviscopophobic posted:

I think its amazing that all 4 vehicles, despite vastly different qualities, weight-punching techniques, and prices all fall relatively within the same sale curve. The dragonfly and nox are basically the same thing, although the dragonfly costs $5 less.

Who's buying this?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the cliffords and the weshas and that leather fedora guy, it's the same people sinking further and further. There aren't any new people buying this poo poo.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

doingitwrong posted:

The one thing we should have learned by now is that time and Star Citizen makes fools of us all. The SC faithful have been so sure that total success is just around the corner for so long. And the SC skeptics have been so sure that total collapse has been just around the corner for so long. And everyone has been wrong.

Star Citizen continues to defy expectations in all directions. It lumbers along blatantly defying the laws of physics, finances, and project management and it just can't die. But it can't live either. And everyone involved, with each passing month, finds themselves thinking "surely it can't continue". Surely they have to release something. Surely there has to be progress. Surely they'll have to come clean. Surely it can't go on like this. But it goes on.

This is purgatory. We are caught in purgatory--in the limbo between dreams and disaster. The people who have forgotten Star Citizen are the only ones who are free. We who choose to watch this slow collapse are just as trapped as those who hope they are watching a slow assembly. Time has no meaning here for us. We repeat actions and complaints and sick burns and pizza fights endlessly. We will do this for eternity. All of us, together, in these grey stimperial wastes.

:jebstare::aaaaa:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

AlbieQuirky posted:

3.0 coming to avocados in June July August for sure, right MoMA?

Wait a minute, back right after new year's Toast said "very very soon"!

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 27, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

In One Ear posted:

90 days tops

No, I think Bootcha really meant "very very soon"

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

"very very soon"

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can get on board with this

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just want everyone to recognize that i called today being thursday back in july of 2017

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

ManofManyAliases posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ManofManyAliases posted:

quoting the poo poo out of this

also loling

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

:ohdear:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

I honestly can't wait.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's almost Q4 so a Dec release date still on the cards as Chris quite rightly said

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor

ManofManyAliases posted:

The best part about this post isn't that it is absolutely dead wrong on all three guesses (SQ42 ain't coming this year, bet your belt on it), but that this was considered a very conservative position back in December.

Larz
Jul 29, 2011

ManofManyAliases posted:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Jan 3, 2017 09:47

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

ManofManyAliases posted:

:airquote:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ManofManyAliases posted:

Oh hey are we pickin' on MoMA

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

Oh hey are we pickin' on MoMA

It's what he would have wanted

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

I like MoMa.His posts have been good consistently.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/890587705696022529

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

notice how he didn't specify a year

this was about 2018 and he was right

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheAgent posted:

notice how he didn't specify a year

this was about 2018 and he was right

Gonna quote the poo poo out of this in 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mne nravitsya posted:

That guy absolutely rubs me the wrong way. I could/world not follow a lead like that in a high pressure production environment. He comes across like a smug rear end kisser, who will throw you under the bus to save his own hide if anything goes sideways. Which, being this is CIG, probably happens about once or twice a day depending on what game or movie crobbler watched that night and is now using as a guide for entire vision.

Good thing about the industry as a whole though is that this game is nothing special on anyone's resume to any other company. You won't be walking into Valve, Bungie, Blah, Etc and saying "You need to hire me as the head of your studio because I worked on Star Citizen! and i want a 200k salary" In fact, currently if you have that game on your resume, you better be able to clearly articulate why you even worked there in the first place, because you are now suspect of not having the ability to properly assess risk - which could eventually put one of my teams in jeopardy if I hire you. You might have some amazing renders for your portfolio one day, but: A shipped game that wins numerous awards, ships X number of units through, and garners enough fan love to start planning forward on franchise development, trumps any cancelled game no matter how gorgeous it looked.

Granted though, all this could change, and CIG might release some glorious space opera that launches everyone's careers into the upper echelon............(sorry, my humor is very dark and very dry. It comes from too many years of working with people who think they are gods)

It's ok. Most of us have probably had to work with people like that at some point.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I'm sure all the yellow quotes boxes will make him feel very popular

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

MoMA Snipe / Tax

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Daztek posted:

MoMA Snipe / Tax

That quote should be the new page snipe tax

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

Don't forget

June 21st 2016
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=217568&perpage=40&pagenumber=14#post461288606

ManofManyAliases posted:

I know I said it a number of times: I really expect at least a mission or two out of SQ42 this year as a teaser, with release of SQ42 next year (summer maybe)? And I'm thinking we'll enter beta by the end of next year with full release in 2018. That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point. Then again, I fully expect the grey-market to still be a viable alternative to offload most of my assets, even by Summer of next year.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 27, 2017

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm glad MoMA's prediction is dead

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm glad MoMA's prediction is dead

:five::smuggo::grin::vince::five::bravo:

There, saved Derek a post

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Redditors hate trolls but Chris is the biggest troll of them all :(

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

ManofManyAliases posted:

just absolutely rock solid

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MoMa posted:

That said, my 'oh-poo poo' moment will likely be observation of progress by end of Q2 next year: if procedural tech, netcode and and other gameplay mechanics aren't more refined at that point, it's probably too far past a salvage point.

September 22nd will be the last day you can really offload your stuff in Summer 2017, are you considering getting in before the rush?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

just absolutely rock solid

You can actually bank it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

September 22nd will be the last day you can really offload your stuff in Summer 2017, are you considering getting in before the rush?

"assets"

Also, procedural tech is nowhere near ready, netcode doesn't look like it'll improve greatly. It certainly isn't approaching MMO-levels of fidelity and, uh, 'other game mechanics' is not only vague but sets a neat line in the sand that one can easily backpedal from immediately.