Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Apparently HORI have released an arcade stick for the Switch.

https://twitter.com/HORI__OFFICIAL/status/890488678878818304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dugong posted:

This is such a great idea. Was there ever a Wario Land 5?

There was a DS one that was god awful and a Wii one that was pretty good and has a gorgeous hand drawn animation style.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Yeah, that was announced long ago. They're also going to re-release the Pokkén controller in time for the Switch release.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

NINTENDO INFINITE MINIGOLF WHEN?!?!?!?

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/890511479065202692

I don't really care about it myself tbh but it's worrying that a cross-platform game which was scheduled to be released on PS4/Xbone/Switch on the same day did not come out on the Switch for reasons as yet unknown. An earlier tweet says that the game is finished and submitted, so the delay seems to be down to Nintendo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It seems like a lot of developers think they can schedule their game's release whenever they want and then find out, no, you can't do that. There's a process.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Well they can't release so many great games at once. It just wouldn't be fair to the other consoles.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop.

Switch

ACA NeoGeo Super Sidekicks | NA | PAL | $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (eShop Only)
Namco Museum | NA | PAL | $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 (eShop Only) (July 28)
Overcooked: Special Edition | NA | PAL | $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (eShop Only)
Physical Contact: SPEED | NA | PAL | $ ? / £4.49 / €4.99 (eShop Only)
Qbics Paint | NA | PAL | $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (eShop Only)
Ultra Hyperball | NA | PAL | $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (eShop Only) (July 28)

WiiU

Air Zonk (TG-16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Cubeshift | NA | PAL | $ ? / £ ? / € ? (eShop Only)
Galaxy Blaster | PAL | £1.39 / € ? (eShop Only)
Ninja Spirit (TG-16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)
Victory Run (TG-16 VC) | NA | $5.99 (eShop Only)

The big release on Switch this week is Overcooked: Special Edition, which is a frantic couch co-op game which supports up to 4 players. I have sort of fond memories of Super Sidekicks, although I don't think I played it myself much, just watched others play it in Arcades. Namco Museum includes Pac-Man VS, but requires 2 Switches to play. Qbics Paint is a sort of sculpting/painting game/program/app. Ultra Hyperball is a pixel-art game with a single-player story mode, plus co-op and versus modes for up to 4 players. It uses both motion control and touch screen, I presume it can be played in Docked mode though.

On the WiiU there are a few more TG-16 games dropping on the Virtual Console in NA - AirZonk, which is a spin-off of the Bonk! series, Ninja Spirit, a side-scrolling action game, and Victory Run, which is a bit of an Outrun clone.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It seems like a lot of developers think they can schedule their game's release whenever they want and then find out, no, you can't do that. There's a process.
I would assume they had gone through the process, but who knows.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there a list of games on Namco museum?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there a list of games on Namco museum?

Pac-Man, Pac-Man Vs., Dig-Dug, Galaga, Galaga ’88, The Tower of Druaga, Rolling Thunder, Rolling Thunder 2, SkyKid, Splatterhouse, and Tank Force.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

So Overcooked doesn't have online multiplayer? Oh well.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

enojy posted:

So Overcooked doesn't have online multiplayer? Oh well.

It's never had online on any platform. It would be like playing Mario Party online.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They could have made a hamburger-shaped audio splitter

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Overcucked heh

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
The store page for Namco Museum on Nintendo's site doesn't even list all the included games, so I had to use wikipedia. $30 for that?? What.

Also, I used my site survey to ask for a Mother collection again.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I never used Motion controls on the first Splatoon, but I've totally come around to using them on Splatoon 2.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Sakurazuka posted:

Overcucked heh

Don't dox me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

Overcucked heh

Hotwifing would be perfect for the Switch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Imagined posted:

It's never had online on any platform. It would be like playing Mario Party online.

Amazing?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Yes, amazing that anyone would consider playing a high screw factor game online.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

People can talk with their friends while online using the amazing new technology in Nintendo's smartphone app

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
But they can't strike them with physical violence, which is a necessary part of both Mario Party and Overcooked.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Imagined posted:

But they can't strike them with physical violence, which is a necessary part of both Mario Party and Overcooked.

Important.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

Apparently HORI have released an arcade stick for the Switch.

https://twitter.com/HORI__OFFICIAL/status/890488678878818304

Brooks wiiu converters cost 30 dollars and are now switch compatible. I play usf2 on my ps4 stick and its great. Would not recommend getting a switch only stick given this option and the vastly larger ps4 fighter library

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I figured out how to cram my switch into my pockets by taking the joycons off and putting them into another pocket, so I got to enjoy splatoon on the train and back to the arcade / bar in downtown. Hours and hours of gaming, good times.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hours and hours...Are you carrying a battery bank with you?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was not playing the Switch at the building full of other game machines so just the time on the train. Cause that would be kinda silly.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Going back to Zelda after Splatoon is odd. Why aren't the jump buttons the same. Why is the camera so close to Link.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cause they are different genres of game completely

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mini golf when!?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mister Facetious posted:

No, you misunderstand me; I'm saying they couldn't get that right (did it ever actually leave "beta"?) in the years it's existed, so don't expect them to get remote play right. Ever.

I haven't used Big Picture in a while but I remember it being a mess but remote play via Steam works perfectly fine.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Dugong posted:

Going back to Zelda after Splatoon is odd. Why aren't the jump buttons the same. Why is the camera so close to Link.

After playing PUBG, I find Stardew Valley to be odd. Why is the perspective different?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I had a difficult time adjusting to Super Mario World after playing Shadows of Mordor.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Kirios posted:

I had a difficult time adjusting to Super Mario World after playing Shadows of Mordor.

I figure there are only 20, maybe 30 more jokes we can make about this TOPS

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i have no means to compare zelda to stardew valley or super mario world

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HyperPuma posted:

i have no means to compare zelda to stardew valley or super mario world

I own a Switch, by Nintendo. Yet we can't compare these classics? :thinking_face:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

It really makes you thinking face, doesn't it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am a Nintendo fansquid of embarrassing proportions but it is really goofy and somewhat embarrassing that co-GOTYs BotW and Splatoon2 both lack button remapping.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Cartoon Man posted:

Mini golf when!?

Devs said tomorrow on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The Bloop posted:

I am a Nintendo fansquid of embarrassing proportions but it is really goofy and somewhat embarrassing that co-GOTYs BotW and Splatoon2 both lack button remapping.
It will always be embarrassing to all video game consoles that do not have system-level per-application button remapping. It will always be embarrassing to all video games that do not have game-level per-user button remapping.

What I'm trying to say is, most developers never took a Human Computer Interaction 101 class in college and thus most of them will never actually understand how to create proper control remapping for their games. Welcome to every time I have to complain in a forum about a great game not letting me change from WASD to ESDF.

• Locked thread