Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Cactaur dunes starts tomorrow. I would recommend everyone run that exclusively until Monday, then switch over to the tactics event. Level up at least one Agrias, maybe two if you have it. KongBakPao says that two Agrias with at least 650 ATK can duo the content. Reddit is reccomending you equip a fire sword on Agrias for chaining, specifically the Crimson Blade. No excals, there are Light resistance enemies.

If we are in fact getting Nier next week, then you will want to stash some extra Kingtaurs so you can quick level a unit or two...

For the record it takes a little over 39 King Cactuars to go from 5* Level 1 to 6* Level 100. That's assuming no great or amazing successes and using the worst exp growth pattern. Always good to bank some incase you pull a rainbow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
They left the free pull up an extra day. Restart your app if you don't see the banner.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Palleon posted:

I've still got friend spots open, 280 277 688. Just have Lightning auto attack for 45-60 min and you'll get all objectives (well you may need to trigger her LB when his bar is almost empty for one of them).

Thank you got it, totally spaced and forgot to limit burst so no trust moogle for now.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Got a Helena for my last freebie and i don't care if she's not meta she is cool and good

Laser skull all my enemies forever :pcgaming:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

My last freebie was Jean. Dropped enough money on lapis to get an EX ticket and burned it... and it was Jean.

Burned a normal summon ticket on the Lunera banner out of spite... a Trey. I'm just glad it wasn't a third Jean, I guess. Still, gently caress this game's gacha sometimesall the time.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
this game's gacha is why I stopped spending money on it

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Just fought a Rem team in arena that used Siphon Delta 4 turns in a row. gently caress.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

MohShuvuu posted:

this game's gacha is why I stopped spending money on it

:same:
(although I never started)

I started playing last July, I didn't pull my first 4* base character until November. The closest I got was during the Crystal Chronicles banner where I blew all my tickets and lapis chasing and didn't get poo poo. Between the price of lapis and that I was drowning in 3* base gold crystals pulls I decided gently caress gumi and their lovely gatcha.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

My last freebie was Ruggles, because why not more Ruggles?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Last free pull was... Exdeath #4.

Of course it was Exdeath.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

If I wanna maximize my chances of getting good Nier poo poo should I save my end of the month 10+1 for during the Nier event or right after the Nier event? I got some mixed messages about whether it counted current event units.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Trojan Kaiju posted:

If I wanna maximize my chances of getting good Nier poo poo should I save my end of the month 10+1 for during the Nier event or right after the Nier event? I got some mixed messages about whether it counted current event units.

The 10+1 ticket will pull units from the general pool. Nier is time sensitive like Brave Frontier, but while it's active, those units will be in the general pool. So yes, if you wait for Nier to use the ticket, you have a very small chance that a Nier unit will show up. However, there will be no boosted drop rates, so you're just as likely to get Bedile, Shadow, or Anzelhm as you are a Nier unit.

Edit: There is going to be a regular Nier gacha banner for Lapis and tickets like always, but there will also be a Nier raid gacha that uses raid coins and will have crafting items, turtles, and a few units like all the FF14 raids. The hope is that the new global exclusive units go into the raid gacha and not the normal gacha so the boosted banner isn't diluted. (Like tomorrow's banner that has FOUR loving YELLOWS ON IT!!!!!) :argh:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 27, 2017

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Just use your 10+1 tomorrow people

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Oh hey, didn't notice the new bundle was 2 tickets first time I looked. Glad this best banner is meh so I can save up.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why are we so sure about Nier coming again? I know we're definitely getting a Raid event next week because the only other option is a Story Event and we just finished one, but where was the source on Nier being so soon? It's basically giving us units that should be 5 months out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm burning my 10+1 hoping for a Zidane. :ohdear:

I get mine one day late though cause I didn't land on this reroll till the 2nd I guess.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cartoon Man posted:

The 10+1 ticket will pull units from the general pool. Nier is time sensitive like Brave Frontier, but while it's active, those units will be in the general pool. So yes, if you wait for Nier to use the ticket, you have a very small chance that a Nier unit will show up. However, there will be no boosted drop rates, so you're just as likely to get Bedile, Shadow, or Anzelhm as you are a Nier unit.

"Just as likely," riiiiight.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

Why are we so sure about Nier coming again? I know we're definitely getting a Raid event next week because the only other option is a Story Event and we just finished one, but where was the source on Nier being so soon? It's basically giving us units that should be 5 months out.

Gumi has said Nier is coming "soon" and will not be nerfed liked they did Noctis. They made the reveal a month ago and they typically launch stuff a month after revealing it. Last week's patch they datamined placeholder entries for all the Nier skills.

So it's highly likely that we will get it next week, but nothing is certain until you see that in game advertisement that confirms it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh right, there was that one picture from the FanFesta and I definitely saw some A2 skills in last week's datamine. Alright.
I don't wanna be the party pooper, but after "Orlandu is coming any week now!" and "WoL 6* is next patch for sure!", I kinda saw a bit of a trend.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Scrublord Prime posted:

Noctis' Ring of the Lucii's 25% dodge is nice but it doesn't really stack well except with another Ring of the Lucii. Since nothing gives 15/25/etc.% dodge except RotL and no character has 5/15/25/etc. innate evade you can't take advantage of that extra 5% dodge except with 5% dodge materia/gear... which can be just as well served with a 10% dodge materia/gear. Get RotL if you have a Noctis (and hopefully it'll get reverted to it's unnerfed JP version with +30% ATK&MAG) but like Payback Jack said it can be subbed with 20 Sided Die.

e: Correction, a few characters have 15% evade! They'd get more out of RotL than 20 Sided Die. /e:

It is nice if you're using a Zwill Crossblade in one of your two weapon slots, as that gives 5% evade. I don't think we have two 10% Evade weapons (the katana is the only one) yet.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

Oh right, there was that one picture from the FanFesta and I definitely saw some A2 skills in last week's datamine. Alright.
I don't wanna be the party pooper, but after "Orlandu is coming any week now!" and "WoL 6* is next patch for sure!", I kinda saw a bit of a trend.

The worst was when they finally said WOL is coming in June, and then waited till June 29th... :argh:

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
freed up some slots if anyone is looking for a Tidus friend. will be over 900 atk once Dark Knight Soul finishes this weekend.

will be putting up a 6* Agrias for the upcoming event once the dunes let me cap her.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cartoon Man posted:

The worst was when they finally said WOL is coming in June, and then waited till June 29th... :argh:

I mean "June 29" is still "June"

Last I checked that is...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

AegisP posted:

It is nice if you're using a Zwill Crossblade in one of your two weapon slots, as that gives 5% evade. I don't think we have two 10% Evade weapons (the katana is the only one) yet.

Good point, I didn't consider old event gear being unavailable or dual wielding dodge weapons. The Swordbreaker too since it is always available being a story item.

King Mog needs some cool gear again, or bring back old goodies like the Kiyomori. The gear is looking pretty mediocre again with a horrible trap: The Regenerator. 200 + 4x over 3 turns is garbage.

e: Betting Nier banner will come with Ramza's enhancements

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
So besides being from Neir, what makes the Neir units so good?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anfauglir posted:

So besides being from Neir, what makes the Neir units so good?

This:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/9S

Don't stop pulling till you have one.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

This:

I've got three 4*+ tickets saved up for that banner.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

HGH posted:

my extremely bold and brave prediction is that we are not getting ramza enhancements with this event since we just got enhancements and they don't do them that often, and we aren't getting nier until september.

i am also predicting we aren't getting ramza enhancements in august or september. i actually think we are not getting them until after roy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I ended the free daily pulls in style:
A 3* Type-0 unit. :v:

Also it goes without saying but buy the new summer bundle every day it's up because it costs a small amount of lapis and is worth it just for the 2 summon tickets alone. The magic key is nice for new players but I'm pretty sure long time players who collect screamroot from the farm events have more keys than chests to use them on at this point.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Probably never, I was just spitballing how to make her usable. I mean, they monkey pawed my last wish, maybe they'll do something about this one too.

Introducing Japan's next event: FFXIII Lighting Returns, featuring 5* Valkyrie Lighting!

...maybe? :v:

Varance posted:

Nah, it's his FF4: The After Years form. Matches his Dissidia alt cosutme.

PS: Rosa is getting a 6* upgrade. Now I feel less bitter about all those rainbow Rosa crystals I got before the change. Slightly. Additional abilities will include Esunaga, Holy, Arise.

That is regular FF4 Kain without his helmet on. It's not identical, no, but it's far closer to his regular armor than his Holy Dragoon armor.

Cartoon Man posted:

This:

Their TM and Rikku's TM turns basically any unit in to an amazing support unit too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah everything i've read is that 9s tm is some kind of instant free chaining for anyone, which is especially great on a tank or healer who has plenty of free turns. or actually anybody who isn't explicitly doing something on every turn.

also i think i got nothing but blue crystals on my free pulls this month, but i actually got a new one which is pretty rare for me at this point. it was the berserker lady! it has still been nice saving all of the lapis and still getting +20% on esuna tm though. irony aside its my own dumb rear end fault that i half price pull at all.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Thanks again Palleon, 30 minutes in Gilgamesh and it's going smooth as butter. That 100% dodge is funny but dear lord is Gilagamesh thick thick thick!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HGH posted:

Ramza's enhancements are right around the corner!

rabidsquid posted:

my extremely bold and brave prediction is that we are not getting ramza enhancements

i am also predicting we aren't getting ramza enhancements. i actually think we are not getting them until after 2018.

Fixed, relatedly.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I thought yesterday was my final Free Daily, and I got Lani #5. Saw that it was still up today, and got Shine #3 for my For Reals(?) Final Free Daily.

Cartoon Man posted:

This:

I don't see anything spectacular, so what am I missing?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
To be fair to gumi, it makes sense holding off on Ramza enhancements. At the time he got his enhancements the best competing buff was like a 45% to all stats. And nobody even came close to his level of buffs until Roy got released. Holding off allows them to get some mileage out of scaling up to that 100% with units like Zargabaath. Basically once they made Ramza they limited the design space for everything else. Even though I have Ramza I hope Lunera gets her enhancements at the same time he does, hopefully in the batch after Roy drops.

Since I pulled Lunera now I'm torn between waiting for her enhancements or going with my Ramza. Ramza's buff is slightly higher but she heals and refreshes for more, and can deal some pretty decent looking damage with her upgraded attack skill should that be something I need her to do.

Kheldarn posted:

I thought yesterday was my final Free Daily, and I got Lani #5. Saw that it was still up today, and got Shine #3 for my For Reals(?) Final Free Daily.

I don't see anything spectacular, so what am I missing?

30% damage mitigation is real good and his TM gives anyone a handful of useful skills.

Also worth rolling a couple 21Os because her TM is a materia that grants:
+15% SPR/HP
30% Chance to counter Phys/Mag with:
Self: 800 Base + 1x Mod Heal

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jul 27, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Nines TM give some nice abilities:

A120 Repair is 3000 + 9x over 3 turns HP recovery to everybody. Curaja is 1000 + 3.4x for reference, so each time A120 Repair ticks it's almost as good as a curaja. It's an actually good regen skill! I don't know if by the time we get this if it'll be a selling point though.

A170 Scanner boosts drop rates which is voodoo poo poo and who knows if it's worth poo poo or not. Might be a good replacement/addition for Xon, who knows!

A060 P.Shield gives 40% physical damage reduction. It's better than Sakura's similar buff (20%, but no DEF&SPR+40% buff and it doesn't last as long). Like regen, I'm not sure of the context when Nines comes out though.

R020 Mirage is a 8 hit attack. This can give characters who aren't chainers or have nothing better to do to help contribute to chains to kill poo poo.

All in all it's a pretty solid kit for an accessory than can give extra use to non-DPS characters. I'm not sure how the frame timing will come down with Mirage though.

For Nines himself his 50% stat breaks are nice and can imperil most elements -50%. I don't see him as a strategy-centric character like Rikku and her auto-raise LB but I can see niches where he has a use.

e: also totally overlooked his innate 30% damage reduction skill

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Introducing Japan's next event: FFXIII Lighting Returns, featuring 5* Valkyrie Lighting!

Please no. I spent 10k+ lapis and 90+ tickets chasing Lightning when the game first launched. If they release an Actually Good Lightning version, my lapis and tickets are doomed :ohdear:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

That is regular FF4 Kain without his helmet on. It's not identical, no, but it's far closer to his regular armor than his Holy Dragoon armor.

Actually, now that I've had time to look into it, this is Dark Dragoon Kain from The After Years minus the helmet. Only Dark Dragoon Kain has the red ribbon, which is something I didn't catch at first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH60X_1bM4A&t=405s

So we get Dark Dragoon Kain, Young Rydia, Yang, 6* Rosa and 2spoony4sixstar Edward.

Varance fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 27, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AegisP posted:

Please no. I spent 10k+ lapis and 90+ tickets chasing Lightning when the game first launched. If they release an Actually Good Lightning version, my lapis and tickets are doomed :ohdear:

I spent 77ish tickets and a bunch of lapis chasing her back then as well. I'd saved almost everything from the head start until her banner. :smith:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got another easter unit. I guess they weren't exclusive after all. Maybe I'll luck out and pull that 5* lady who can chump the robot trial soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

Nines TM give some nice abilities:

A120 Repair is 3000 + 9x over 3 turns HP recovery to everybody. Curaja is 1000 + 3.4x for reference, so each time A120 Repair ticks it's almost as good as a curaja. It's an actually good regen skill! I don't know if by the time we get this if it'll be a selling point though.

A170 Scanner boosts drop rates which is voodoo poo poo and who knows if it's worth poo poo or not. Might be a good replacement/addition for Xon, who knows!

A060 P.Shield gives 40% physical damage reduction. It's better than Sakura's similar buff (20%, but no DEF&SPR+40% buff and it doesn't last as long). Like regen, I'm not sure of the context when Nines comes out though.

R020 Mirage is a 8 hit attack. This can give characters who aren't chainers or have nothing better to do to help contribute to chains to kill poo poo.

All in all it's a pretty solid kit for an accessory than can give extra use to non-DPS characters. I'm not sure how the frame timing will come down with Mirage though.

For Nines himself his 50% stat breaks are nice and can imperil most elements -50%. I don't see him as a strategy-centric character like Rikku and her auto-raise LB but I can see niches where he has a use.

e: also totally overlooked his innate 30% damage reduction skill

Aoe stop and paralyze in 1 move also means he is going to be yet another nightmare in the arena

• Locked thread