Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Primaries where both candidates work their asses off after to heal the party divide are a bad analogy, as are primaries where attacked character flaws are seen as assets by a lunatic base.

If you claim that Bernie tried to heal the divide while people on the left are still complaining about Hillary, that means Bernie FAILED at his mission. You can't have it both ways.

EDIT: Will not contribute to this derail any further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

Primaries where both candidates work their asses off after to heal the party divide are a bad analogy, as are primaries where attacked character flaws are seen as assets by a lunatic base.

If you claim that Bernie tried to heal the divide while people on the left are still complaining about Hillary, that means Bernie FAILED at his mission. You can't have it both ways.

EDIT: Will not contribute to this derail any further.

lol

this is the exact take you had on Nov 10th

Bernie did everything he could to boost Hillary, and his voters, by and large, showed up to stop Trump. Blaming the left is an irrational reflexive reaction and I have no idea why you insist on continuing to do so.

Hillary did not win the general election, that means she FAILED at her mission :razz:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Repealing the ACA with no replacement is a surefire way for Republicans to get re-elected.

Why all the fuss? I'm doing just fine!

Another stunning upset from Dicknose Donkey.

Bennett hoping a reply from his Biggest Fan will be the kick in the pants he needs.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Garrison! Somebody is encroaching on your domain!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Obama is the deep state?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Getting Branco this defensive has to be a good sign

but lol at "DEEP STATE" being Shadow Obama

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Obama is the deep state?

1000 years of Kenyan darkness

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Maybe I missed something, but who does the rhino represent?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ramos posted:

Any Republican who disagrees with Branco on a given thing

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ramos posted:

What rhino? That's clearly a RINO.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Whenever I see RINO, I always pronounce it "Reno" in my head.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Ramos posted:

RINO, or Republican In Name Only. It's a term sometimes used by the more Tea Party side of Republicans to insult any Republican that isn't absolutely mad

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Some people in the thread were saying Mr. Fish's last cartoon didn't have enough words, so he's addressed your concerns with these two new ones.

Theres no hope in here

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mr Fish makes me want to dislike Chelsea Manning.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Songbearer posted:

Why aren't more True Patriots reading this poo poo as "President calls America's fighting force a bunch of children lacking the basic discipline to look past their allies genders in the heat of battle"?

When gays serving in the military was a hot topic back in 2011, Ann Coulter had a few screeds about how the Marines couldn't handle gays serving with straights. I knew a guy (a Marine, who believed military discipline was stronger than race/creed/gender) who jumped straight to, "Liberals are trying to silence her for being conservative!"

So, yeah, you can insult the troops as much as you want, as long as liberals disagree.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Some people in the thread were saying Mr. Fish's last cartoon didn't have enough words, so he's addressed your concerns with these two new ones.

Resegregating the military would be good?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Abrogating the military would be good?

Changed to be about Mr. Fish's actual point.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

You accomplish that by uniting the exploited masses around a single goal, not dividing them by mistreating minorities and cribbing from Ted Rall's Pat Tillman cartoon. Fish is willfully dense at best, as always.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

You accomplish that by uniting the exploited masses around a single goal, not dividing them by mistreating minorities and cribbing from Ted Rall's Pat Tillman cartoon. Fish is willfully dense at best, as always.

Y'all just gave me the best idea. Mr. Fishmech.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 27, 2017

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sandpuppy posted:

Repealing the ACA with no replacement is a surefire way for Republicans to get re-elected.
For a good number of them, it really is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Russian collusion? That's crazy talk. Now let me tell you about Deep State led by Shadow President Obama.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sandpuppy posted:

Bennett hoping a reply from his Biggest Fan will be the kick in the pants he needs.

Who's gonna add the pants

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Sir Tonk posted:

Who's gonna add the pants

Sir, that's a horse, not a donkey :colbert:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sandpuppy posted:

Did Bennett die or something, because Jesus.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Probably Magic posted:

Did Bennett die or something, because Jesus.

Enh, it's not a great joke, but it's still well-made, effortful, and lacks labels.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Even the Washington portrait doesn't know what to make of this poo poo.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

loquacius posted:

but lol at "DEEP STATE" being Shadow Obama

I can't be the only one who thinks Persona any time someone says "Shadow ___", right?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Said it before and I'l say it again: Mr Fish is a slightly more talented Ted Rall.

He's had like....two really good cartoons. The rest are just the lamest high school level "HEH, SOLDIERS? MORE LIKE RAPE MURDERERS!" with a bunch of foul language because he can use it.

Here's a picture of a giant puckered rear end in a top hat, please enjoy this 5 paragraph screed about how it represents capitalism.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 27, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

it's really cool to see all the so called leftists that are a-okay with discrimination, and by really cool i mean disgusting

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's really cool to see all the so called leftists that are a-okay with discrimination, and by really cool i mean disgusting

No see why would gays even WANNA be married? Let me, a straight man, tell you how gays are so less cool and rad by trying to have the same rights as everyone else.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

This might be the first time any right-wing cartoonist, let alone Ramirez, have referred to Obamacare by its actual name. At least, first as far as I've seen.

quote:

Yea, who are you loving kidding by making the deep state shadow literally the silhouette of your dumb-rear end Obama caricature. Also just waiting for him to go full blown "(((MSM))),(((DEEP STATE)))"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Deep President Shadobama

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

"Obvious Obama"almost sounds like an MGS villain's callsign.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

This is a terrible take. Lots of trans people join the military to escape their tiny, backwards towns and gain an education via the GI Bill. The GI Bill has probably created tons of anti-war left-wingers who would have normally fallen into poverty. For many trans people, the GI Bill is a way out. Until we can provide them with another one, making GBS threads on them for taking what's available and trying to survive is a pretty bad approach.

Also, you're going to need some military-trained trans folks whenever the US falls apart.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

I've got nothing. Trump is a horse, the tail is on fire, the smoke is Russian, Washington looks alarmed, and "Rider Wanted" is the caption? Is there a saying that I'm not familiar with? This just looks like some weird nightmare free association.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Regalingualius posted:

"Obvious Obama"almost sounds like an MGS villain's callsign.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 27, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pembroke Fuse posted:

This is a terrible take.

Mr. Fish is so progressive that he ends up having dumb opinions as a result a lot of the time. For instance, did you know science is actually bad?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...I almost did a spit-take at just how loving stupid that cartoon is.

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wow Mr. Fish, you should show how much you care by giving up your computer and any access to the internet.

It's really so we don't have to see your opinions again, but it may help you out as well.

• Locked thread