Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Yodzilla posted:

Why are the boxes going for more than the clothing combined? Doesn't the box just hold the clothing pieces?

You can get clothing from a box, but not box from clothing, therefore It must lose value in doing the one way conversion. This is true for sealed products across many industries - you should generally expect to lose money if you open a pack of magic cards or whatever also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

if you sell the twitch stuff you'll never look good again

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
If you hop on discord and there's a room with 3/4 is it cool to just hop in and group up or should you ask in text chat first? Wasn't sure what goon-protocol was there.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You can get clothing from a box, but not box from clothing, therefore It must lose value in doing the one way conversion. This is true for sealed products across many industries - you should generally expect to lose money if you open a pack of magic cards or whatever also.

Yeah but in this specific case there is no mystery as to what is in the box. Each box contains the exact same identical items.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Yeah but in this specific case there is no mystery as to what is in the box. Each box contains the exact same identical items.

Ahh that should be closer then - presumably there is joy in opening a box in general and that's what you're paying for? There might also be lower total transaction fees to trade the box than each individual piece, which would warrant a slight premium.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

If you hop on discord and there's a room with 3/4 is it cool to just hop in and group up or should you ask in text chat first? Wasn't sure what goon-protocol was there.

Hop in. they'll invite you or keep talking about the game they are still in.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
https://youtu.be/0jjbxXL2hoc

So I made a clip from my first solo chicken dinner last night. Unfortunately I didn't start recording until about halfway through the match, but I started at school which was a bit off the plane path. Landed there and killed a guy that landed on the roof with me via a punch headshot. Then I managed to grab a shotgun and an uzi and hunted down a guy who was scavenging the second floor. Those roof access holes you can drop through are fairly amazing for surprising people. There was a third guy I kept hearing, but as the circle approached he grabbed a motorcycle and hosed off.

Made my way on foot to a cluster of houses and found some decent weapons, but my biggest problem with this match was my total lack of optics. The only thing I ever found was a holo sight. The video starts shortly after I found a UAZ and left the cluster of houses. I took a few pot shots at a car while I was there with my silenced UMP but didn't have any other contacts until the end game, which is in my video.

If anybody watches, I'd appreciate any critiques or input on my game. I know a lot of this win was luck in terms of not being seen by people with much better weapons, as well as some cherry circle placement (the last one in particular gave me an incredible choice spot). BUT I also feel like I am getting better and made some pretty smart decisions as to when to engage and when to back off. (The lack of decent sights may have actually helped me here because I imagine I would have been more aggressive about engaging if I'd had a 2x or 4x for my SCAR).

e: Last minute or so was tense as gently caress, I could obviously see the guy loving around in the jeep, but I wasn't confident I could take him at the distance I had and I knew the third guy was out there somewhere. I was extremely fortunate that no one saw me and the last two engaged each other.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 27, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just wiped a four man solo in one of the garages, feels good man

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

im pretty new to this but hoo boy are the people in this game incredibly deaf.

it's a pretty common occurrence for me to just sprint crouch behind a 4 man and ace them all lol

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 27, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Can't download the update for some reason. "content servers unreachable"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dongicus posted:

im pretty new to this but hoo boy are the people in this game incredibly deaf.

it's a pretty common occurrence for me to just sprint crouch behind a 4 man and ace them all lol

lmao that's going to change pretty quick once your MMR goes up.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

DrNutt posted:

https://youtu.be/0jjbxXL2hoc

So I made a clip from my first solo chicken dinner last night. Unfortunately I didn't start recording until about halfway through the match, but I started at school which was a bit off the plane path. Landed there and killed a guy that landed on the roof with me via a punch headshot. Then I managed to grab a shotgun and an uzi and hunted down a guy who was scavenging the second floor. Those roof access holes you can drop through are fairly amazing for surprising people. There was a third guy I kept hearing, but as the circle approached he grabbed a motorcycle and hosed off.

Made my way on foot to a cluster of houses and found some decent weapons, but my biggest problem with this match was my total lack of optics. The only thing I ever found was a holo sight. The video starts shortly after I found a UAZ and left the cluster of houses. I took a few pot shots at a car while I was there with my silenced UMP but didn't have any other contacts until the end game, which is in my video.

If anybody watches, I'd appreciate any critiques or input on my game. I know a lot of this win was luck in terms of not being seen by people with much better weapons, as well as some cherry circle placement (the last one in particular gave me an incredible choice spot). BUT I also feel like I am getting better and made some pretty smart decisions as to when to engage and when to back off. (The lack of decent sights may have actually helped me here because I imagine I would have been more aggressive about engaging if I'd had a 2x or 4x for my SCAR).

e: Last minute or so was tense as gently caress, I could obviously see the guy loving around in the jeep, but I wasn't confident I could take him at the distance I had and I knew the third guy was out there somewhere. I was extremely fortunate that no one saw me and the last two engaged each other.

Just took a quick look. Not sure why you didn't kill the first guy behind the rusted car especially if you were hurting for optics. I would have looked who he was fighting, than killed them both.

In the end, you could have killed the guy in the uaz as well as the guy running across. Also, the guy running to the Uaz was a decent amount of information. You saw where he came from and was going so you know the third guy isn't there. The only place he could have been was to your right. If you were baiting for information you should have snuck to the tree. Made your earlier information pointless if you expose yourself and give the other guy a chance to spot you anyways. He now has cover to fight you.

You can move your holosight between the two guns too.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

DrNutt posted:

the people who got me into this game and who I play with exclusively have all been playing for quite some time so on occasion I (a new player who is Bad) will run into what appears to be Delta Force when I play with them

game still fun though

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

DrNutt posted:

I played squad with two buddies who had only played solo before so they had no MMR. I had an 11 kill game with a second place finish. Wish all of my rounds were 0 MMR rounds.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The boxes will be easier to flip because they're one lot to sell down the line and can include the price of the lesser items.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Linstar posted:

Just took a quick look. Not sure why you didn't kill the first guy behind the rusted car especially if you were hurting for optics. I would have looked who he was fighting, than killed them both.

In the end, you could have killed the guy in the uaz as well as the guy running across. Also, the guy running to the Uaz was a decent amount of information. You saw where he came from and was going so you know the third guy isn't there. The only place he could have been was to your right. If you were baiting for information you should have snuck to the tree. Made your earlier information pointless if you expose yourself and give the other guy a chance to spot you anyways. He now has cover to fight you.

You can move your holosight between the two guns too.

Thanks for all the info! As far as they guy by the car, I didn't kill him because I had spotted a second guy to the right of the building, who had gone prone and I lost in the shrubs. I didn't want to crouch and give away my position to him for the sake of killing the guy by the car. At that point there was also still a guy plinking people with an AK outside the zone and I couldn't pinpoint his location.

UAZ guy, I thought the safer play was to wait and see. I knew if a guy was across the road on the right, he was probably going to be able to engage me at range.

Thanks again. I didn't really think about switching sights, that makes me feel a little dumb.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Got my second #2, still looking for a chicken dinner. drat it gets your adrenaline going.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Finally got a chicken dinner last week playing with two other buddies who both died at the end. If you wanna win a CD my recommendation is don't be a try hard and kill everyone as soon as you see them. Let people pick each other off unless you have an easy kill or they are threatening you. Exposing yourself shooting at everyone you see in the final circles is a good way to get yourself sniped.

Or do what I did and let your friends be your bait and when they get shot at you pick off the last few guys. We only made it to the last circle because I had 5 smoke grenades that I tossed to cover our movement into the zone and it worked perfectly.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Popete posted:

Finally got a chicken dinner last week playing with two other buddies who both died at the end. If you wanna win a CD my recommendation is don't be a try hard and kill everyone as soon as you see them. Let people pick each other off unless you have an easy kill or they are threatening you. Exposing yourself shooting at everyone you see in the final circles is a good way to get yourself sniped.

Or do what I did and let your friends be your bait and when they get shot at you pick off the last few guys. We only made it to the last circle because I had 5 smoke grenades that I tossed to cover our movement into the zone and it worked perfectly.

Try hard is hiding while everyone else has fun. Shooting all the mans is maximum fun.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Win through murder. Victory at sea!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Idk I find it much easier to be a bush and sloop around because I'm bad at shoot mans instead of pretending I'm some kinda Soviet island Rambo.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Popete posted:

Idk I find it much easier to be a bush and sloop around because I'm bad at shoot mans instead of pretending I'm some kinda Soviet island Rambo.

I think you'd find it more fun to learn how to use all the different guns in the game and then start hiding AND shooting instead of waiting for there to be 1 guy left and then maybe unproning

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

loving NO. Never.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Linstar posted:

Try hard is hiding while everyone else has fun. Shooting all the mans is maximum fun.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If I wanted to just shoot mans all the time there are a hundred other games that do that better. There aren't a lot of games that let you simulate what it's like to be a Soviet bush.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
How do I even go prone?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Popete posted:

If I wanted to just shoot mans all the time there are a hundred other games that do that better. There aren't a lot of games that let you simulate what it's like to be a Soviet bush.

seriously

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
If you want to improve your shootmans skill you gotta actually shoot mans

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pochinki for life

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tonetta posted:

If you want to improve your shootmans skill you gotta actually shoot mans

It is known. My end game has improved considerably since grouping with goons and not running from fights. If you get no practice in the first 15 minutes, you are likely going to be rusty and have bad gear going into the last few circles.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Pochinki for life

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Two great chocoTaco clips from last night

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianYawningMilkOMGScoots

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedBigRaisinKappaWealth

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

How do I even go prone?

How do I punch?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

So why do the reward crates sometimes reset their cost? I was up to a 4th tier and the next time it was back to first. Still got new items though.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Popete posted:

If I wanted to just shoot mans all the time there are a hundred other games that do that better.

Are there, though?

gently caress battlefield, gently caress overwatch

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

Are there, though?

gently caress battlefield, gently caress overwatch

If I wanna straight up shoot a man I'm gonna be playing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Pochinki for life

2 in the Pochinki 1 in the stinki

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

ChesterJT posted:

So why do the reward crates sometimes reset their cost? I was up to a 4th tier and the next time it was back to first. Still got new items though.
Chest costs reset every Sunday I think. It also doesn't matter what "tier" chest you buy, you have the same chance of getting the same things in a 700 crate or a 7200 crate.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010

Popete posted:

The original comment was only saying tryharding is when you are trying your best to sneakysnake your way to victory instead of just killing everyone for fun.

Anyways what other people are saying is that yes, absolutely the best way to have a high win rate is making tactical decisions which includes sometimes not fighting. However, you need the ability to finish the fights you do engage. The best way to do that is fighting all the time so you learn what situations you can win and to improve aim. Practicing and improving your aim takes a decent amount of time whereas learning how to loot in the blue is easy to pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Forgot I made this cool GIF of myself playing PUBG.

• Locked thread