Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If Sirius would take the money from Opie and give it to Ant to join that show, it'd be great. Basically the old show but Sam is a much better host who knows how to stir poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
"Same ol piece of garbage, huh?"

I'm amazed every week at home funny this loving podcast is.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

"Can't wait for more announcements about how bad our show is being made in front of a hot-dog truck to 9 people". Holy poo poo, Jim.

Also, the first time Ant rang in to The Opie and Jim Show he was left on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up on without Jim even knowing he had called.

Man Oh Man, that was a brutal line. As for Ant calling, he called Opie's afternoon show live from his show and was left on hold, like the first or second day Opie started doing it. Then Jim and Sam had him call them the next day and he talked to Opie on his show that afternoon.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

spudsbuckley posted:

"Can't wait for more announcements about how bad our show is being made in front of a hot-dog truck to 9 people". Holy poo poo, Jim.

When was this?Jim and Sam or Chip poddacast?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Buffalo squeeze posted:

When was this?Jim and Sam or Chip poddacast?

Give it a minute or two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-QOInqx3A&t=3755s

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I like how Jim said it too: not with a lead up to a yuk line, but just as a brutal statement of fact. Even Ron let it hover for a bit before he went on. Absolutely nobody is standing up for Opie. He must have been quite the terror to be in a job forever and then just trashed.

He's never going to work in real radio again. And that's hilarious.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

It would make my heart happy to hear Opie doing fugitive bits on terrestrial radio.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Out of nowhere I remembered the "Jimmy Tide" thing from back in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXqxPs_8UE

That was such a bad bomb. What are your favorite O&A&J bombs

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Sankis posted:

This one has always stood out to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtsc7go9Ov8

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV3xJXW0gRg

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

"Footage? I just scratch it" remains my favorite Jimmy bomb of all time.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ellis moves back to afternoons

New Schedule

8-11 EST Jim and Sam
11-2 EST Covino and Rich
2-3 EST Best of Ellis
3-6 EST Ellis
6-8 EST Craig Ferguson
8-10 EST Nick DiPaulo
10 EST Ellis Replay

lol Jude will never get a show, Ellis will never be happy, and Nick DiPaulo will have an audience of 6

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

"Footage? I just scratch it" remains my favorite Jimmy bomb of all time.

I was going to say that yesterday, it's one to remember!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

No Butt Stuff posted:

New Schedule

8-11 EST Jim and Sam
11-2 EST Covino and Rich
2-3 EST Best of Ellis
3-6 EST Ellis
6-8 EST Craig Ferguson
8-10 EST Nick DiPaulo
10 EST Ellis Replay

lol Jude will never get a show, Ellis will never be happy, and Nick DiPaulo will have an audience of 6

Is Dr. Steve still on on weekends?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Whether Ron and Fez got kicked off of Opie Radio or moved to Raw Dog on their own, it's one of the best things they ever did. Now Bennington doesn't have to put up with all that scheduling bullshit.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
If you get an audible sub to Bennington are the songs intact?

Listening on youtube when people put up shows is ok but I'd like some way to get the shows with all the songs but without the ads

There used to be some :files: places to get them but I have no idea where those are anymore

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Yup all the songs are intact. Audible has the show split into chapters. The first chapter starts with the show intro and includes everything up to the first break. When it goes to the next chapter you hear the bumper music then the show starts back up. The only ads you hear are live-reads like for Tito's Vodka if they are done before they go to break, but if the live-read is done during the break, between pre-recorded advertisements, that is cut. The show is almost always cut into 3 chapters, and the last chapter always ends with the Tiny Dancer clip from Almost Famous. It's worth the subscription if you don't mind not listening live. They are usually up the same evening as that day's show, but sometimes either the Bennington staff or Audible gets behind and there can be delays up to a few days. It's been on time lately.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Comedy/Bennington-12-Month-Subscription-Audiobook/B002VA9C9W/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1501210583&sr=1-1

Edit: Audible puts up the best-of shows too, not just new shows

JFC fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 28, 2017

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

No Butt Stuff posted:

New Schedule

8-11 EST Jim and Sam
11-2 EST Covino and Rich
2-3 EST Best of Ellis
3-6 EST Ellis
6-8 EST Craig Ferguson
8-10 EST Nick DiPaulo
10 EST Ellis Replay

Thank god Nick is moving, holy poo poo I've driven home from work for a few weeks now with his show on and just couldn't enjoy it

Like not even the political attitude, just that he basically sits on the mic by himself patting himself on the back for hours and occasionally spits out a half hearted Chip caliber one liner and jams his finger on a sound effect, then has callers fellate him

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Oh you can get it a la carte now for $35 a year? That's pretty good

I didn't want a full audible subscription so this works

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Stefan Prodan posted:

Oh you can get it a la carte now for $35 a year? That's pretty good

I didn't want a full audible subscription so this works

It's worth mentioning that you can do a free trial of Audible Gold and buy an entire year of Bennington with the 1 credit they give you. In the same vein, when you need to reup, you can buy a single month of Audible Gold for $14.99, get another year with your credit and cancel right afterwards.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Thank god Nick is moving, holy poo poo I've driven home from work for a few weeks now with his show on and just couldn't enjoy it

Like not even the political attitude, just that he basically sits on the mic by himself patting himself on the back for hours and occasionally spits out a half hearted Chip caliber one liner and jams his finger on a sound effect, then has callers fellate him

I hate Nick. He's the loving worst.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

But guys, every commercial is making fun of the white dad!! :qq:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I like Nick but he really needs to calm down with his loving soundboard.

Not 3 minutes goes by that he doesn't play a Sopranos clip.

I know it's pretty much a one man show so he needs something to break it up a bit but it still gets annoying.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

I like Nick but he really needs to calm down with his loving soundboard.

Not 3 minutes goes by that he doesn't play a Sopranos clip.

I know it's pretty much a one man show so he needs something to break it up a bit but it still gets annoying.
He insists on being a one man show is the annoying part. He's got a guy in there and once in a great while he will bounce something off them and then get mad and tell them to pipe down

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You guys are just Hillary-loving libtard snowflakes.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Smugworth posted:

You guys are just Hillary-loving libtard snowflakes.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
i really hate nick dipaolo a whole lot

it's just all of anthony's vile poo poo with none of the charm

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrashCat posted:

He insists on being a one man show is the annoying part. He's got a guy in there and once in a great while he will bounce something off them and then get mad and tell them to pipe down

He's probably sore about Artie taking his job and running it into the ground. Which is still funny as hell.

Edit: okay, we'll give DiPaolo a break with a funny clip from O&A about Regis farting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBNgNR4s7c

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:airquote: Farting (Comments, and link within, reveals it's just a cup)

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015
i literally voted for donald j trump and i despise nick diapaolo's opinions and radio show

side note, I am really enjoying Opie's descent into nothingdom

torturemyballs fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 30, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DiPaolo can be really loving funny when he wants to be, but the problem is he (like many other comics) thinks he's smarter than he actually is. No one wants to hear your hot takes -- you're a glorified court jester. Make me laugh, clown

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DiPaolo can be really loving funny when he wants to be, but the problem is he (like many other comics) thinks he's smarter than he actually is. No one wants to hear your hot takes -- you're a glorified court jester. Make me laugh, clown

this x 1000

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah, I can tolerate a racist Anthony rant cause that fucker will make me laugh despite myself

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, I can tolerate a racist Anthony rant cause that fucker will make me laugh despite myself

When he was on he can, but by the time he was fired he was really just blowing a lot of time during the show. He needs to keep his racism and drinking in check, and I think doing radio with Jimmy can help with that...or at least keep him focused enough on the Ropers or some poo poo to keep the funny coming.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

When he was on he can, but by the time he was fired he was really just blowing a lot of time during the show. He needs to keep his racism and drinking in check, and I think doing radio with Jimmy can help with that...or at least keep him focused enough on the Ropers or some poo poo to keep the funny coming.

Hindsight being what it is, I think that was his way of blowing everything up. You'd figure his show would be loaded with racist poo poo and while it's there it's nowhere near as, I dunno, annoying as it was before? It's done to get a laugh at least, and his last days at Sirius I never got that feeling.

I really think he was that bad to get under Opie's skin more than anything.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sankis posted:

Out of nowhere I remembered the "Jimmy Tide" thing from back in 2008.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXqxPs_8UE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH64SjcMD4M

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

I was going to post that one but I thought it was Bobby's bomb, not Jim's. I wasn't too far off.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

VikingSkull posted:

Hindsight being what it is, I think that was his way of blowing everything up. You'd figure his show would be loaded with racist poo poo and while it's there it's nowhere near as, I dunno, annoying as it was before? It's done to get a laugh at least, and his last days at Sirius I never got that feeling.

I really think he was that bad to get under Opie's skin more than anything.

I know people here hate Opie with a passion, but blaming Ant's racism on Opie is a new level of stupidity

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Reince Penis posted:

I know people here hate Opie with a passion, but blaming Ant's racism on Opie is a new level of stupidity

I'm not saying Ant isn't racist, I'm saying he stopped hiding it because he stopped giving a poo poo and it pissed Opie off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Does anyone remember the show where a goon called up and did the "Hey b-b-b-boys" for about 2 minutes? I'm having trouble locating it, it had to have been one of the final o&a shows

• Locked thread