Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duskfiend posted:

What are some hardcore viable options for caster defense? I'm so bad I just want to play a witch in maps and I can't reach maps. I've been stacking ES but I feel like there is more to do

I don't play hardcore, but I have a few questions.

A: Why not play softcore until you get a better handle on things?
B: What's killing you? Reflect, no resistances, being swarmed by small enemies, bosses one-shotting you?
C: What builds are you playing?
D: What defensive items/auras/passives do you use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I would play Champion if it had something extra like immunity to freeze and shock or stun and bleed. Fortify is something even casters have up all the time. The 20% damage bonus also isn't consistent like the effective 25% Slayer gets from culling.

At least it's no Gladiator.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

When people post a starter league build that requires uniques they probably won't find until 55+, are they messing with us or is the trade in this game that robust at the beginning?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
People reach level 55 in a couple of hours and trading is easy.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I'm currently planning on starting a Doomfletch Prism build, but I know how to build and gear an elemental bow build so that I can clear maps until I can get my hands on one and the flat physical needed to make it worth it. I just did this in turmoil, and it is even easier and better with the current beta 3.0 build.

Another option that I have been considering is Ngamahu, for this you just run it as generic 2 hander while pathing near the elemental nodes until you get your hands on the axe.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Dely Apple posted:

When people post a starter league build that requires uniques they probably won't find until 55+, are they messing with us or is the trade in this game that robust at the beginning?

"Starter builds" often is just used as another term for budget builds that don't cost too much to put together. You will very rarely find actual leveling builds unfortunately. The assumption is generally that you get to Merciless Dried Lake easily anyway, it's only what happens at that point that matters.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dely Apple posted:

Some builds work (to a lesser extent) without uniques and some uniques are very cheap and cost less than you'll make looting currency off the ground. You should be able to get to level 55 with whatever you find on the ground and whatever skill you choose as a reward.

Keep in mind that starter league build does not necessarily equals to "first time playing the game build". Like everyone said, you're under the assumption that you can get to merciless dried lake (or whatever the equivalent of that will be) with whatever you find along the way.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jul 27, 2017

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
How viable is it to get to 50 with literally any build and a 4l +1 minion gems hat with srs?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Extremely viable, 50 isn't even that high plus you can use a weapon with +1 fire with an srs totem to get to max skulls for bosses. You could probably get to maps with that without too much trouble.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

anything Life is fine as long as you Zerk (and use a 6L weapon with Kaoms obv)

Im having a panic attack

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

Im having a panic attack

It took me a while to come around on berserker too.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

Im having a panic attack

oh you :shobon:

anyone playing HC might as well setup a script to ignore all posts that mention zerkers

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Goa Tse-tung posted:

oh you :shobon:

anyone playing HC might as well setup a script to ignore all posts that mention zerkers

Add that to the logout script

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

ugh was gonna do a frost blades raider to start the league and mathil puts out a video on it, now im hosed

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

queeb posted:

ugh was gonna do a frost blades raider to start the league and mathil puts out a video on it, now im hosed

It was already one of the more popular builds judging by prices during the race so i wouldn't worry too much about it, plus it's relatively flexible.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah I was also gonna go frost blades as well but mathil's is specifically a dreamfeather build and he kinda talks down touch of anguish.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
as long as they come through with the jewel vendors it'll all be good

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols

TheRat posted:

http://www.filterblade.xyz/

1) Pick a base strictness
2) Select slick theme to avoid the eye-cancer that is the normal colours

3) Select the 'Customize' Tab
4) Decative most of the vendor recipes, keep the ones you want
5) Set up the chancing bases you want

6) Move Apprentice sextants up one tier.
7) Change sound on tier 1.5 + tier 2 currency to sound number 1
8) Adjust fontsize of all currency to max
9) Disable whatever currency you dont want to see

10) Change tier 2 unique sound to sound nr 3 (I dont want to hear the 'oh god I'm rich' sound for that crap)
11) Hide Tier 5 divination cards
12) Move Portal/Vaal haste/vaal disc to tier 2 special gems
13) Change Tier 1 special gems sound to sound number 6

14) Disable Special Bases and Rules -> SRS Crude bow

15) (This is the main body of work) Endgame Rare Items: Configure everything about rare drops

16) Map Item Rules->Edit appearance: Change T15 and T11-14 drop sound to sound number 8

17) Misc. Rules and League items: Show/Disable Endgame Utility Flasks

18) Select the 'Loot Simulator' tab
19) gently caress around with the loot simulator to see if you're happy with your filter.

20) Select the 'Style Editor' tab
21) gently caress around with borders/backgrounds/text colours if you want

22) Select the 'Download' tab
23) Name and save your filter so you can load it up in the future, then download it.
Dear whoever is doing the 3.0 thread:
I want to nominate this post for the OP
tia

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shamshel posted:

Dear whoever is doing the 3.0 thread:
I want to nominate this post for the OP
tia

or just download neversink and it will work for everyone who is going to actually read the OP.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
At the start of every league I download Neversink slick and every league I spend a lot of time removing retarded poo poo until there's only the basic theme and the leveling stuff left.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

as long as they come through with the jewel vendors it'll all be good
Good news, they did.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
via reddit:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

where were the loving ancient orbs in legacy for all the troll belts

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
thats fake as hell

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/item.php?n=Engineer%27s+Shard

i guess maybe it isnt fml

they really want to sell those currency tabs huh

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mercrom posted:

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/item.php?n=Engineer%27s+Shard

i guess maybe it isnt fml

they really want to sell those currency tabs huh

Currency tabs got buffed and those aren't on it. They're just there to gently caress with dataminers.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

dis astranagant posted:

Currency tabs got buffed and those aren't on it. They're just there to gently caress with dataminers.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NotLikeThis

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Getting a real GArena feel from those

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

blame xbone

LordNat
May 16, 2009
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1927546

Looks like it is Harbinger Challenge League stuff.
At least the Shards are.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I see. Consider my curiosity piqued.

vvv Ooh, can I kill Kaidan in this league?

Yes I know that's a ME2 reference, but Kaidan's awfulness transcends which game I killed him in

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 28, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

new ice bite support seems like its crazy for FrostB

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
is ice shot good yet

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1927546

"These powerful unique items allow you to command your own Harbinger that can empower you in combat."

fuckin neat

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

is ice shot good yet

:rip: Three Dragons/Ice Shot/Elemental Proliferation crash-the-instance builds

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

league and expansion look very good. i'm sure there are a bunch of new options for starter builds but i'm going to stick with pizzablast and be OK with it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Is there a particular reason why these new currencies and shards would be a bad thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

frajaq posted:

Is there a particular reason why these new currencies and shards would be a bad thing?

people like to whine

• Locked thread