Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RCarr posted:

They could have Carmelo Anthony, a great basketball player, and idk Hernangomez, and some other future MVP's we have laying around.

Cavs running a lineup of DRose/Lebron/Melo/Klove/TT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's a drat shame Phil Jackson still isn't running the Knicks. Then the Kings would have Perry still and the Knicks would trade Melo and King Zing for Kyrie

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RCarr posted:

They could have Carmelo Anthony, a great basketball player, and idk Hernangomez, and some other future MVP's we have laying around.

It'd have to be Frank, Melo, Hernangomez, and uh I can't even think of anyone else they'd possibly want and even then that's a bad trade for the Cavs. We're giving up a first for Kyrie if the Cavs are even interested at all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yccax6z5

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9td2tdw

win win for everyone imo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope Kyrie gets traded and Zing walks/leaves somehow so Irving can fulfil his fantasy of dragging a lovely team to a late lottery pick.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is my stupid trade idea. It also features Franky Nicotine going to the Cavs (which cannot happen until August 4th)

e: am I crazy for thinking this makes every team happy?

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 27, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I wish we didn't have a rich history of racist journalists calling black athletes dumb so someone could write an article entitled "Kyrie Irving Wants to Join Knicks Becuase He is Dumb and Believes the Earth is Flat."

Like I get it's bad and unprofessional to call athletes dumb. But I mean, the guy thinks the earth is flat and wants to play for the Knicks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Can't wait to deal with unhappy players when I'm doing my numerous bs trade schemes to eventually get to a star player.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
That's some pretty impressive CGI likeness.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is my stupid trade idea. It also features Franky Nicotine going to the Cavs (which cannot happen until August 4th)

I can't imagine the Cavs would want to dump both Kyrie and Love at the same time

Dexo posted:

Can't wait to deal with unhappy players when I'm doing my numerous bs trade schemes to eventually get to a star player.

https://twitter.com/The_Step_Back/status/890627358071209987

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I stopped playing myGM and moved to myLeague when I realized I didn't really want to babysit player egos. What I am saying here is my heart goes out to Dan Gilbert and GM Lebron.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

I wish we didn't have a rich history of racist journalists calling black athletes dumb so someone could write an article entitled "Kyrie Irving Wants to Join Knicks Becuase He is Dumb and Believes the Earth is Flat."

Like I get it's bad and unprofessional to call athletes dumb. But I mean, the guy thinks the earth is flat and wants to play for the Knicks.

He was just kidding
It was a popular instagram joke at the time

In a fan sense he is a star, his shoes sell like crazy, he's the kind of marketable scoring guard who can make a lot of endorsements and if he was in new york he'd boost his profile. If he's thinking about box score stats and money, it's smart. If he's thinking about championships, it's not. But what is a championship, just the end point to the TV show we call an NBA season

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im a nerd and am omw to preorder right drat now

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Yea I'm being stupid. I would fully do what Carmello did and have a poo poo work life if it meant my social life/home life was infinitely more interesting/fun. So I get why Kyrie would too. But still. The Knicks.

I wonder how Melo feels about the whole experience.

BWV fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 27, 2017

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BWV posted:

Fine. Well then he's just an idiot for wanting to go for the Knicks.

New York is a cool place to live, especially when you've been in Cleveland since you were 19.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Yea it's weird how I tricked myself into thinking like an ESPN personality and not like myself. If I was already rich as gently caress and amazing at basketball I'd probably ditch the NBA and play in Spain.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

New York is a cool place to live, especially when you've been in Cleveland since you were 19.

I had a fantastic time living in NYC as a broke-rear end college student. I can't even imagine how amazing it would be to live there as a multi-millionaire. It would be insane.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, Kyrie already has the ring.

Now is the time in his career where he should just coast off that ring, and that shot.

Go to a fun city, accrue stats, live it up and get paid.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lockback posted:

I stopped playing myGM and moved to myLeague when I realized I didn't really want to babysit player egos. What I am saying here is my heart goes out to Dan Gilbert and GM Lebron.
Seriously, discovering MyLeague was a godsend.

"We're not practicing hard enough! We're practicing too hard! "

How about you complain to the actual coaches and trainers you dipshits? It is kinda funny using the mind trick badge to get a 3 time MVP to take a 5 year minimum contract though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

if there's anything Cleveland needs, it's definitely another shooting guard who gets hurt a lot

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

What kind of guy do you want next to Kyrie?

Better off ball than on, defender who switches well especially down to compensate for Irving, rebounder with touch on putbacks (Love does this part), doesn't occupy space in the foul line/elbow area so Kyrie can pull up effectively. Basically Paul George at the 3/4. Thompson is a good 5 for Irving's style. A secondary ball handler is nice too obviously but this is true of everyone.

Love is best when he has the ball, can create his in the high post or elbow area, can pick and pop with a 1 or 2 to use his shooting without trying his limited speed, and never has to look directly at a guard on defense (unless it's Steph curry)

They just aren't that compatible, which is paved over in the starting lineup because Lebron works with everyone, but is glaringly evident from their garbage performance when he sits.

Paul Zuvella posted:

That's actually really good imo. Rockets starting five is amazing, Knicks sell some tickets and get spacing for Zingis who I really don't think is at his best on the perimeter, Kyrie is happy, Melo can start for Cleveland and Gordon feeds their 3 fetish even if their defense remains extremely bad. I don't think it fixes Cleveland's problems but it sets them up better for a full tank in a few years while keeping them the best in the East for another year or so.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paul Zuvella posted:

You don't make chunkles and Intruder happy if Houston gives up Eric Gordon.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dexo posted:

Yeah, Kyrie already has the ring.

Now is the time in his career where he should just coast off that ring, and that shot.

Go to a fun city, accrue stats, live it up and get paid.

Agreed, which makes it no surprise Minnesota was on his list.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

You don't make chunkles and Intruder happy if Houston gives up Eric Gordon.

Lol for Kevin Love?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

He and Jimmy are close friends.

If only the Bulls had kept Jimmy they might have been able to solve their PG problems by trading the Cavs a bunch of their trash for Kyrie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*goes back to huffing model airplane glue*

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lol for Kevin Love?

Well I need to find out how strongly they feel about Eric Gordon and Kevin Love.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

Well I need to find out how strongly they feel about Eric Gordon and Kevin Love.

Kevin Love is a lot better than Eric Gordon so they're CRAZY if they say otherwise! Lock them up

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Lockback posted:

Jimmy Butler can introduce Kyrie to his good friend, the actor Mark Wahlberg. And Wiggins and Towns are the best COD duo in the league. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kevin Love is a lot better than Eric Gordon so they're CRAZY if they say otherwise! Lock them up

No jail can hold me

Is Love/Shumpert an upgrade over Anderson/Gordon? :thunk:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

No jail can hold me

With that coach I would call it a wash. Love is an upgrade there but Shump is a big downgrade.

Also, I don't see a sensible Cleveland trade situation with Kyrie that doesn't involve Phoenix. Bledsoe/Jackson would be ideal but if that didn't happen I could see something like Kyrie/Frye for Bledsoe/Bender/Alan Williams.

Obviously that's not ideal but they're gonna find themselves between a rock and a hard place inevitably.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 27, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

sportsgenius86 posted:

With that coach I would call it a wash. Love is an upgrade there but Shump is a big downgrade.

Gordon is mediocre and he's getting a lot fewer minutes going forward with Paul on the team

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Love is an uncanny valley of being easily replaceable as a role player but not good enough to be the only focal point for a playoff team

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Intruder posted:

No jail can hold me

Gordon is less valuable with Chris Paul on the team than he was last year. Love is miles better than Anderson. I would say yes.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gordon and Anderson both fit exactly what the Rockets need, which is the ability to drain long threes when Harden's gravity helps get them open

How CP3 will affect this dynamic I'm not sure

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

Gordon is mediocre and he's getting a lot fewer minutes going forward with Paul on the team

I agree but I can't see any value in Iman Shumpert on a Mike D'Antoni team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Rockets had Corey Brewer, they will be prepared for Shumpert

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

No jail can hold me

If you are getting the best player in the trade you probably won the trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Give me Frye instead of Shump and I'm in

• Locked thread