Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Two Finger posted:

I want to be clear here because I just woke up. Are the GOP turning on trump?

They're just making sure he won't fire Sessions and appoint Barron as AG while Congress is on vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Junior member usually take the role of senate president/house speaker day to day - if you watch C-SPAN it seems tedious as gently caress. You have to sit there all day with every single senator/house member that needs to make their speech to get it into the record.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Even the GOP realizes he needs constant adult supervision

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Some junior senator is gonna collude with trump.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Some junior senator is gonna collude with trump.

tbh if trump gave me enough money (lmao) i would collude too

it's a good thing i have no political aspirations because i could be bought pretty easily

so i'd make a great senator.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd have to be wealthy before running for office otherwise Boeing could dump a sack full of money at my office and I'd happily nod.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The recurring theme of major bribery scandals isn't that it happens but how cheap it is.

In this regard at least Putin is a true visionary.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'd be completely immune to bribes unless someone offered me ten bucks to revive the sr71. Hell I'd do that for free.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

cowboy elvis posted:

I'd have to be wealthy before running for office otherwise Boeing could dump a sack full of money at my office and I'd happily nod.
Well might as well run for office anyway because the former in no way prevents the latter even right now.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Two Finger posted:

I'd be completely immune to bribes unless someone offered me ten bucks to revive the sr71. Hell I'd do that for free.

the rq-180 is the lamest successor to the most badass spy plane.

It looks cute. bah!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

shame on an IGA posted:

The recurring theme of major bribery scandals isn't that it happens but how cheap it is.

In this regard at least Putin is a true visionary.

Yeah, people will happily sell out their country for a couple of bucks and a "atta boy" which is really alarming.

I mean if they were dropping millions upon millions, okay, I can understand that, but some of the amounts don't even add up to a couple of months wages.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The Iron Rose posted:

the rq-180 is the lamest successor to the most badass spy plane.

It looks cute. bah!

Was it ever figured out if the one Iran claimed to have was real or fake?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Remember when I think it was Kuwait that changed from the Four Seasons to Trump DC and paid 60k to get a private audience with the most powerful man on the planet?

SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS.

gently caress me, there was a building inspector back in CT that got pinched in 2012-ish that got more than that to sign off on lovely permits for commercial property run by the mafia.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

TBeats posted:

tbh if trump gave me enough money (lmao) i would collude too

it's a good thing i have no political aspirations because i could be bought pretty easily

so i'd make a great senator.

you sound like a p good president tbh

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Mooch: “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock."

Direct quote.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-...teve-bannon/amp

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Holy poo poo this is loving bonkers.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

facialimpediment posted:

Direct quote.

Is... Is he having a nervous breakdown?

E:

I'm a particular fan of:

The Mooch posted:

“What I want to do is I want to loving kill all the leakers and I want to get the President’s agenda on track so we can succeed for the American people”

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 27, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

facialimpediment posted:

Direct quote.

We can survive four years of Trump hiring the dumbest motherfuckers who all want to fight amongst themselves.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

Is... Is he having a nervous breakdown?

For reals this guy is going to stroke out before Trump

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

facialimpediment posted:

Direct quote.

Hahaha Jesus loving christ that whole conversation

Unbelievable

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Wasabi the J posted:

Holy poo poo this is loving bonkers.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

cowboy elvis posted:

We can survive four years of Trump hiring the dumbest motherfuckers who all want to fight amongst themselves.

Yeah, but we won't want to

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It really is a testament to the strength of the government that we're basically putting this poo poo on cruise control and making a sandwich in the back. Will we flip into a ditch? I dunno, we haven't so far!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If we survive there are going to be a lot of idiots you remember these days fondly.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
In healthcare content news, the goal of Republicans appears to be passing a "skinny repeal" bill. That means that they would kill the individual mandate, kill the employer mandate, and kill the medical devices tax, to the tune of 16M losing insurance and a 20% premium increase next year. The mandates are part of the three-legged stool that is Obamacare, so expenses get jacked up so high a *true* death spiral starts.

What's REALLY loving wacky is that the Senate doesn't ACTUALLY want to pass the skinny repeal. They want to punt it back to the House and convene a conference committee to SOMEHOW get something that all the Republicans like.

The problem with that is that House Conservatives are basically saying "yeah ok, we'll pass that skinny repeal bill". That's scaring Senators because they want an IRONCLAD GUARANTEE that the House WILL NOT pass the garbage bill they are about to vote yes on.

To repeat: Senators are voting yes on a bill that they do not want to become law, but could become law if the House decides to gently caress them over. The vote could be at 4AM-5AM Friday morning, or some other time on Friday.

:psyduck:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
McCain, Graham, and all are going to pass the skinny bill tonight after they get "assurances" that the house will not pass it.

I don't think for a minute this goes to conference. The house is going to pass the skinny repeal in the morning.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Holy loving poo poo that conversation is like

The Mooch is republican Charlie Sheen

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The Senate and the House are going to pass it and spend the next year blaming Democrats for it. The Senate isn't scared, they are fine with this, its just grandstanding so they have some sort of defense when they inevitably come up for election.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Your government is completely insane :stonklol:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hell shim's kill Russians because it's time is looking like solid policy compared to this

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

facialimpediment posted:

Direct quote.

It's like Lord of the Flies and Trump is the Conch.
I guess Spicey was Piggy?

Vasudus posted:

It really is a testament to the strength of the government that we're basically putting this poo poo on cruise control and making a sandwich in the back. Will we flip into a ditch? I dunno, we haven't so far!
Yep.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

If Belgium could service without a government for almost two years, why not America?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

If Belgium could service without a government for almost two years, why not America?
Too many fingers in other people's business. Also none of the opposing sides in Belgium want to completely destroy civil society.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

What we have now is more like some Dadaist performance of what the opposite of a government (not merely its absence) would look like.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Nick Soapdish posted:

Belgium isn't in possession of the largest armed forces the world has ever seen, involved in virtually every country's foreign policy, conducting covert/overt combat operations on several continents, in possession of enough decaying nuclear weapons to end the world many times over, playing with the benchmark metric for which the entire world economy works on, or dicking around with an industry that is many times the GDP of major countries.

gently caress me, there's so many things that can go wrong.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
C-

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/890696414703079424

A+++++++

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/890680758326763520

My new hero is Jessica Winter, the Executive Editor of the New Yorker, who is really, really proud today.

https://twitter.com/winterjessica/status/890677131684048897

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHAT IS GOING ON HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABA

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sean Spicer might be brighter than I thought.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
The mooch is gonna end up disappeared into the desert if he keeps saying stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He's saying exactly what Trump wants to

• Locked thread